Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: NSV this week, I did not slap the A-Hole who was talking badly to his wife in Wal-mart regarding her weight. He told her, very loudly, that he refused to buy her any more clothes until she got her fat a** to the gym and lost some weight. She looked so beat down and degraded. I offered her some words of motivation and told her which gym I am at and at what times I'm usually there if she ever wanted to meet. Then the A-Hole came back and we pretended that we weren't talking. I hope she is okay.

Have a great Saturday
    BRENDA
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Get your votes in!!!
    Vote:
    Boy - 3 Girl - 2

Popping in to say hi and update you. Not much going on. 6 more days until the anatomy scan and our reveal! I am getting excited and finally feel like this is becoming very real. I spent the week cleaning out the guest room and art room. I threw out 4 huge trash bags of garbage and packed up 4 boxes of donations. Our goal this weekend is to hit Home Depot and get a closet organizer for the guest room and install it so I can begin moving everything out of the art room. :cry: BUT :love: at the same time.

My mother and MIL have been driving me completely insane. They both have been overstepping some major boundaries when it comes to the baby. I know they are just both excited because it is the first grandchild but they keep forgetting this is our child not theirs. There are just some decisions about this child that Brian and I will be making because we are the parents. In my heart I just want to scream and run away but to keep the peace I just keep smiling and say thank you but we have that taken care of as politely as possible.

Tom - Thanks so much for doing some research for me. That was so kind of you. Everything you found is spot on with what I have been doing and what my doctors have told me to do. Thanks again!

Laurie - Thanks for the reminder. I keep trying to tell myself the gain is all baby. I am fascinated with how incredibly hard my stomach is and how it is rounding out. It's amazing when I think there is a precious life in there moving all about. I have not been able to feel any movement yet. My doctors tell me I should be able to feel it soon!

Skinny (Karen) - LOL Believe it or not I actually like mowing the lawn. I put on the music on my iPhone and try to walk as rapidly as possible as I can around my property. I look at it as a way to get in some exercise.
    I am so sorry to hear of Gunners injury. Thank goodness you did catch it when you did. I wish him a speedy recovery. Any idea what caused the hole in the first place? I have never heard of something like that before and am quite curious. Have you looked into pill pockets for Gunner? I had to use them with my cat when she had antibiotics for her dental surgery. They are a soft treat that you can mold around the pill and give to your pet. If I am not mistaken then come in various sizes and are made for dogs and cats. Harvest Moon could not get enough of them. I wonder if something like that would work for him. Petco and PetSmart both carry them if you were interested in looking into something like that.

Grammy (Marsha) - So sorry to hear about your in-law's dog. :cry:
    That was so kind of you to help that woman and stay with her dog until someone arrived. I am sure she is very grateful for that.

My dad is a big guy too and has a custom wheelchair built just for him. He also has a transport wheelchair. He got his when he was still at the point of being able to do some walking. Now he is wheelchair bound and doesn't use the transport chair much any more since he has the custom chair. My mom likes the transport chair a lot because it was easy for her to get in and out of the trunk of the car. The only drawback of it for someone of my dad's size is it was not the most comfortable thing for him to sit in for an extended period of time because it didn't have the width that he needed.

Congrats on the loss that is fantastic! Also congrats on the harp lessons. How fun!!!

MNwalking - I LOVE the new profile picture. I didn't recognize you at first and did a double take!

Susan - Vodkas and cranberry = YUMMY! Now I want a drink. :sad: Glad you had a nice time.
    LOL yes, I started the nesting mode a bit early. But I really think that has to do with several months of just laying around sleeping. It really feels good to have some energy again!

soosun - Can you drive to my house and weed for me? Please???? :wink:

Kaye - Congrats on the great news from your physical. You must be very pleased!

ebailey - I am trying to remember but with pregnancy brain it is difficult. Can you refresh my memory on what you do for a living. I am sure you will find your groove soon.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your uncle. Sending thoughts your way to you and your family.

p1xyn1xy - Thank you!

Lori - Congrats on the loss and being close to changing categories!

Toots - I hope that invite comes soon for you and you can bring the boys home before you know it!

Robin - I read your blog. I love how open and honest you were about your health and everything going on. Best wishes to you as always.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone! The thermometer is practically smokin' here, but after all, it is August--which means fall is on the way.:happy:

JNettie: You get an A+ for patience with you mother and MIL. Looking at it from the other side, I was so over-the-moon when my daughter was pregnant with her first child, that I practically hit every infant wear/gizmo sale between here and Kalamazoo! Heck, I got pretty dang excited reading YOUR post! I'll bite my tongue and give you NO advice on childcare or suggestions for names, I promise. :laugh:

Thanks for the input about the transport wheelchair. Hubby is probably too large and unsteady for one. On the positive side, heaving his HUGE chair in and out of the minivan is a great workout. Under all my padding are some killer biceps/triceps!

BC: Show us your hair. I love the color purple!

Anyone else fight the nibbles on weekends? For some reason, Saturdays used to = snack days! I stocked up on produce yesterday to fight the cravings. Celery and hummus just doesn't satisfy like chips and dip or nachos.

Still 23/23 days under goal (the day is still young) and averaged 5/7 days working out both last week and this one.
    One day, hour, minute at a time.

Hang in there!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Brenda - I am so impesssed with your courage to approach that poor woman in Walmart and offer to help her, despite the A-hole husband being around.....sad story....

GWhammy - marsha - I'm excited about your harp lessons too I missed that post somewhere. Do you own a harp?

Susan - keep giving yourself littlle breaks, even if its only 5 min of deep relaxing breaths. I worry about your 60 hour weeks! Your company knows EXACTLY what they have in you!!!! I hope you are a great raise negotiator - I was a super on - so PM me if you want advice - I can take you through it step by step and you start way before your review begins!

JNettie - I vote girl!

I am also getting so excited about my sister's puppy's arrival I want to buy everything at PetSmart! :laugh:
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Nettie: It's okay! I'm around a lot of pregnant women at work lately so I am totally used to preggo brain now. To refresh, my title is Toddler Twos Director and basically I teach and care for 12 two year olds.

This morning, I woke up with a horrendous migraine so I went into the doctor. We switched my medication, I got two shots in the butt (one a steroid and the other for pain) and then we went shopping and I cleaned the house a bit. Finally got some sweeping and mopping done. Apparently our dryer is broken. I counted my housework as a workout today because I worked up quite a sweat and I wasn't able to run because of my head.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    hello ladies:smile: wishing all a wonderful relaxing weekend :flowerforyou: I'm not having a good day at all. Been sick since lastnight. I tried kale for the very first time. Thought I'd put just a little in my dinner salad, but OMG BIG MISTAKE for me!! I was sick all night long :sick::sick: :sick: Woke up this morning for my usual cup of coffee and :sick: again! Had to wait a few hours before I was able to take my daily meds and then :sick: again!! So far today not able to even think about food, so no breakfast or lunch and now here it is suppertime. BAD BAD day thanks to raw kale lastnight :angry: :grumble: :sick: But I will still try to see if kale is agreeable with me if cooked. Just be a few days before I bring it out to try it though :laugh:

WELCOME :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: to all the newbies!!!! glad you found us and hope you enjoy this thread and these wonderful ladies as much as I do!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! We hope to hear something on Monday.
    @Toots: the Worldcon is mostly a lit-con, run entirely by volunteers. We had lots of people whose expectations had been formed by Comicon and the like, asking how much authors charged for autographs or who got to go to the Hugos (nothing and everyone). In the US there are lots of large regional conventions though.

The adoption sounds amazingly exciting and very close now! Your boys will be speaking English in no time.

@Robin: The con was quite a lot of fun but also rather hard work! I met quite a lot of authors for the first time; in particular the lovely Mary Robinette Kowal, who won a Hugo and brought it to the pub the other day. I also had a chat with 5th Doctor Peter Davison but didn't quite have the nerve to say hello to his son-in-law, David Tennant.

Oh, see I would have come in ignorantly too! Just a teensy bit jealous of your Doctor sightings. I'm fond of Peter Davidson, but I am SUCH a huge fan of 10.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    @ Toots – Thanks for the update! So the boys are not brothers? I’m so happy for you guys and cannot wait to hear more about your journey ahead.

Nope. They are just slightly over 1000 miles apart. Although, we wouldn't know if they were brothers even if they were. China's one child policy is pretty brutally inclusive and most people don't admit it, even if they have more than one child. Also, abandoning a child is a crime, so finding the parents is pretty much impossible. So you could be standing next to your child's brother and never know it. Though I can say I've met a few people who were told by their own children after adoption that they have a brother or sister and the parents have searched out and found the sibling too and brought them home.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    toots, I'm happy to hear there is a sequel, but sure understand why you might not get to it for a bit. Thanks for the adoption and trip up-date. I envision little signs and post-its all over your house with identifying words and phrases. What an exciting/crazy time you'll be having...and I mean that in a positive way

Your picture is pretty close to reality!
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    toots - forced exercise - well, it really works, doesn't it! I got a kick out of the BAD POETRY stuff , like you poinited out Schroedingers Sex Panther - "So when you open the box maybe the panther is sexy, maybe it's not... " I just cracked up - of course, I'm a fan of The Big Bang Theory which is the only reason I understood this reference! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never seen Big Bang Theory, but Schroedinger's Cat is an almost daily source of humor in the nerd community :D
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That cake rocks! You really should be doing this for a living.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! :flowerforyou:

@bettjo--sorry the kale didn't agree with you. I've never eaten it raw, but do like it cooked.

@robin--how exciting for your sister to be getting a new puppy! :love:

@marsha (grammywhammy)--I don't think I necessarily nibbble more on the weekends, but I certainly have more time to nibble. My latest go-to snack has been raw aparagus and hummus--yum!

@nettie--you must have missed one of my previous posts--the injury was from a fight with another dog. It was loose and they started fighting. Gunner had some obvious gashes/punctures on his muzzle, but I missed the neck wound at first. He's pretty much all healed up now and the scabs are starting to come off. Only one more day of antibiotics. I've tried the pill pockets and he does the same thing he does if I put the pill in any other food--he eats the pill pocket and spits out the pill. He got so bad with the peanut butter the other day--trying to avoid swallowing the pill--that I called the vet and asked if it was okay to just open the capsule and mix the powder with the peanut butter. Vet said it was fine as the meds aren't time-released or anything, so that's what we're doing now.

@brenda--oh, your story about the A-hole made me so angry! :mad: :angry: :explode: That was so nice of you to talk to the woman and tell her about your gym--I really hope you see her there soon.

@tom (morgori)--I porbably won't get to do any flying or biking, but I will definitely try to relax and enjoy my last weekend of no grading. :smile:

@lori--I think it's awesome that you were able to stop at 2 bowls--that's definitely progress. And for sure log it--even if it puts you over for the day, be honest with yourself. I usually am pleasantly surprised at the end af a bad day when I see it would take 5 weeks of terrible eating to gain perhaps a pound or 2 of "real" weight.

@alison (bohemian)--Welcome Back!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: I've missed you so much--just mentioned you a week or so ago, so it was awesome to jump on today and see your smiling face. I'm quite a sci-fi fan (both books and TV), but have never been to a convention. The big one here in Chicago is Chicon, but I've never been. I am going to my very first convention of the sort in October, but it's the Supernatural Convention--not sure if you guys have that TV show in England--rather than a general sci-fi event.

@susan--I also do so much better when prepared--just cooked some fish this afternoon so I would have lunch for the first couple of days of school this week. Sorry work is kicking your butt--at least this big convention will be behind you when we meet in NY. :smile:

@tvmama--I didn't know you were a professor--what do you teach? I'm a HS Lit teacher, so I know what you mean about reading for a living. :wink: I didn't even get through the one novel I set aside as my "summer read" b/c I spent so much of my free time reading texts for my courses. :ohwell: As far as a quick break, do you like any kind of video games? I will sometimes play a few rounds of candy crush or bubble witch as a reward or to de-stress. Jumping on the thread here is also a great plan. :smile:

@kelley (kah)--awesome PR on the deadlift!! :drinker: Oh, and I LOVE the painting of Zoe!! I honestly thought you had just switched photos of her at first glance--it's really good!

@pixy--welcome back and happy to hear you had a fun vacation! :flowerforyou: Oh, and you and I should get together with our racquets--that's the only kind of tennis I play. :laugh:

@toots--thanks for the update on your kiddos. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of the details go as smoothly as possible. :flowerforyou:

@lori (cblue)--great SV as you move down the BMI scale!! Also, what a wonderful NSV--I hope eliminating/reducing the meds also aids in your weight loss progress. I know there are many ways that medications can make losing weight even harder.

@ddas--glad you are getting back on the bicycle, and I loved the fond memories you shared about biking with your dog. I love to run with gunner, but we probably only have a couple more years of that together since he's getting up there in age.

@kaye--sorry you aren't getting the car back as planned--that's frustrating. :grumble: My husband is similar in that he can get overly dramatic about some things.

@enzos--I've had plantar fasciitis in the past. Never had a cortisone shot, but good shoes and custom orthotics keep me running. :happy:

@laurie--So happy to hear your great news from the doc!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Saturday Success:
    I ran my race on Thursday night, and fortunately the downpours (including hail in some areas!) ended by about 5 pm.So the ground was wet, but no rain during the race or concert. My overall time was 36:24, but when I looked at the splits it wasn't adding up. My1st mile split was 11:04, 2nd mile was 11:38 (makes sense b/c that's where they had the water station and I walked a bit to drink 2 cups), and remaining pace was 11:43 (again makes sense b/c a girl's armband broke and her ipod and id's and such all fell out right in front of me so I stopped to help her pick up her things). So I did some math (:devil: ) and I think If the course were actually 3.1 miles I should have finished in 36:08 I remember overhearing someone saying that the course was actually longer than 5k, so I guess that accounts for the additional 16 seconds.

So I didn't finish under 36 minutes in either scenario, but I'm still proud of my time. This is the course that has a short tunnel under Lake Shore Drive--it's maybe 1/4 mile--and running through it renewed my anxiety about running through the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel next month. I looked it up on wikipedia and it's just shy of 1 3/4 miles long. :noway: :cry:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym DONE + short walk w/ gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + 5k DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner +gym

August Challenge:
    Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = 37
    100g of protein = 6/31 days
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    skinny/Karen- We will get through the tunnel together and won't let it get to us. I also imagine that seeing all the people lining the tunnel will be very helpful and motivating to keep us going without giving up. Glad you did well on your 5K and that the storms had stopped. The additional length even a tenth of mile would account for the additional time.

Bettjo- Sorry the raw Kale did not agree with you, try it cooked and that might help.

Success was getting good news from the doctor this week and my weight as stayed down so I am very happy about that. I did swim this morning and it was great to swim at a good pace and keep up with my lane partner. I had a busy day with swimming, getting my hair and nails done then meeting a friend for dinner.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - Thanks for the responses. It is so uplifting to know that caring friends are out there. Another reason to carry on with this tread.

I find myself checking in at least two or three times a day to see what is happening with all of you. You are all so open with your lives. It is truly inspiring. A couple on months ago I would not have been able to be this honest with tracking.

Food wise it was a no good, horrible, very bad day. Did log it all and only went over by about 300 calls, but more than a 100 carbs. Tomorrow is a new day. Have a great workout planned. I went to the farm market today and loaded up on veg and even got some of those small crisp pears. Meat/fish sale at the groc. store and have sensible meals planned for the next few days.

THE CAPTAIN CRUNCH IS STILL IN THE CUPBOARD. I WILL NOT EAT ANY, I WILL NOT EAT ANY, I WILL NOT EAT ANY, IT IS NOT MINE TO EAT! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was much better than yesterday. I've increased my walks again as the shorter walks made no difference in my knees. It was a beautiful cool evening. I walked 4.5 miles. DH walks the first 2.5 miles. When he dropped off, Cathy and I kept going. I dropped her off at her house, then continued home. I'm so glad that I live in a small town where I don't have to worry about being safe.
    I truly wish I was better at personals. I really appreciate those of you who are so faithful with personal encouragement. I usually check in here after each meal when I log my food. I am impressed with all of your efforts.
    I'm excited for JNettie and the new baby. I'll forego a guess and just wait for the news.
    I hope that things continue to go well for Toots and her family. Since Cathy started fostering, I've become more aware of the extreme need for homes right here in our own country.
    Good luck to those who are beginning a new school year as teachers or students.
    Susan, hang in there. Try to find a balance in your life.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sunday Sharing: I am so sore today!! I did a 30 minute intro to heavy bag boxing yesterday and I thought I was going to die and today my arms and shoulders are killing my. I am really excited that they are trying to bring this class to the gym. I hope they do and I can start taking it. I was able to leave a lot of frustration at the gym yesterday while hitting that bag. Now, on to a new day. I need to start packing for my trips; mini vacation with the hubby next weekend and then out of the country for a month for work. I realized yesterday that I am going to miss apple picking season and that kind of bummed me out. That means no canning apples for holiday pies, no homemade apple sauce, no apple nothing this fall. I am really torn up about this!!!!! I guess I will just have to buy the apples from the store to make my pies because I will not buy a pie!!

@skinnyjean~Nice job on your 5k time. You will be fine with the tunnel just stay focused on the light and keeping your pace.

@GrandmaKaye~Beautiful walk. 4.5 is fabulous!

@CBlue~Sounds like you have some good meals planned for the week. I will be making my trip to the farmers market in about an hour to load up on some veggies. I am really excited about the cucumbers!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • ddas66
    ddas66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share
    I was awaken last night by a 6.0 earthquake. I am headed out to the barn to see how the animals fared. I don't expect much damage but I am a little worried about the rabbits stand. We just build them a new stand for their cages and were planning to strap them to the fence in case of an earthquake today. We still need to strap on a roof as well.

The epicenter was about 25 miles away so the quake was not as powerful here but hard enough to wake me from my sleep and make me run to my sons room.

I lived in Taiwan for a summer and experienced a quake there that threw me up against a wall, so I have a great appreciation for their power and know how quickly damage can occur.

I am going to finish the construction on the rabbit cages today and also secure the chickens roosts to the walls. The experts are expecting another after shock of 5.0 within 5 days. I did not know we had the technology to predict quakes but apparently they can predict after shocks. Good to know.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Sunday Share
    I was awaken last night by a 6.0 earthquake. I am headed out to the barn to see how the animals fared. I don't expect much damage but I am a little worried about the rabbits stand. We just build them a new stand for their cages and were planning to strap them to the fence in case of an earthquake today. We still need to strap on a roof as well.

The epicenter was about 25 miles away so the quake was not as powerful here but hard enough to wake me from my sleep and make me run to my sons room.

I lived in Taiwan for a summer and experienced a quake there that threw me up against a wall, so I have a great appreciation for their power and know how quickly damage can occur.

I am going to finish the construction on the rabbit cages today and also secure the chickens roosts to the walls. The experts are expecting another after shock of 5.0 within 5 days. I did not know we had the technology to predict quakes but apparently they can predict after shocks. Good to know.

Whoa, that's crazy! Glad you're okay.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    I hope that things continue to go well for Toots and her family. Since Cathy started fostering, I've become more aware of the extreme need for homes right here in our own country.

Yes! This is soooo true. We are also licensed foster parents for the state of New Mexico. The need is extreme! We have never had anything close to a permanent placement though, and we really want to add children to our family without questioning if they'll be going away. We are still fostering, but it's very draining. I just think we need a break. But that happens a lot to foster parents. That's why they need so many and the need is great in very state! You just can't do this forever. Especially when you take older kids. I'm firmly of the opinion that everyone should at least take some of their time to consider the possibility of becoming a foster parent. Or even doing respite. At the moment, that's all we do, but even respite is so desperately needed!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been absent for the last week or so. I was out of town part of the time unexpectedly and just kind of blue the rest of the time. I have been having a lot of mood swings lately. Unfortunatley I am pretty sure it is hormonal since there are lots of other signs I am getting menopausal. We tend to start early in my family. I went to the local fair with a bunch of my family on Friday. We were there eight hours and I had a great time but I was seriously wiped yesterday. I was so tired I considered getting my bra on before the day was over a major accomplishment:laugh: The ankle is a little sore after all that but not to bad.I am thinking about going to a chiropractor or maybe just trying a massage. I dont have medical at the moment so money has to be a factor in the decision. My neck and down my back to just between my shoulder blades has been super tight and sore for about a week now. I have never had a professional massage but I think maybe it could help and might cost less then a chiropractor appt.
    It took me an hour to catch up with all of you guys. Ya'll have been chatty:laugh:

Karen/skinny congrats on the race It sounds to me like you did awesome:bigsmile:
    Toots I am so happy you are getting this chance to grow your family. Those boys are going to be very lucky to have you for a mom:love:
    Kaye you continue to impress me with your walking skills. I think the inability to cope with things being beyond their control is a man thing. Every one of the men in my life have the same issue.
    Boho it is great to see you back.:happy:

Well as usual I had more planned but it has flown away from this old brain of mine. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and I will cya on the flip side.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: