Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Jorge's House of Fried Lard Chimichangas.

WHERE IS THIS MAGICAL PLACE?!

yum.gif
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Chipotle's becasue I hate Mexican food, but there is a wonderful, favorite Lebanese restaurant that serves huge portions. I just take half of it home, and have a great lunch the next day. You don't need to eat all of what is served..... it does mean you don't have an accurate calorie count for that meal ( or the next day's), but so what? Just don't post that day. It's better than eating a huge amount and then complaining about it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Someone posts something helpful about logging accuracy and for that "they deserve to be fat?"

400 calories is negligible?

This place... so many interesting opinions. :ohwell:

"Hi. I would like to be completely and totally absolved of any and all responsibility for my weight loss. i would like to go someplace to eat and have an unreasonable expectation that the minimum wage worker behind the counter is taking extra time to carefully weigh and measure my portions to ensure that it precisely meets the number on the nutritional info guide. i want him/her to make sure that they don't give extra food, even tho 99% of the people in line would be EXTREMELY HAPPY to get extra food, and in fact, 30% of the people in line will complain to him/her if they only get the allotted portions. I want to be on a precise calorie count, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO PREPARE MY OWN FOOD. i just want the entire world to serve me exactly what i wish to be served."

"tl;dr; it's all someone else's fault"
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I was clearly venting about the RUDE, loud, nasty ones,
    not some polite person like yourself kindly asking for a little extra.

I'll be sweet as sugar and say, politely, "Sorry sir, it will be a few dollars extra, is that okay?"
    and these people I'm talking about will EXPLODE into angry, swearing rage and tell me it's unfair,
    as if /I/ make the rules.

also, I treat every customer very kindly even though I am not permitted to take tips, though I have been offered many tips before, which speaks of what a polite server I am.

rude, loud, fatass, nasty ... anymore adjectives you'd like to add to that ever growing list?

Seriously, you're a gem. (that was actually sarcasm) ... Pretty much what I'm seeing is that you are a bit self absorbed, and totally loud, rude and nasty. But hey, congrats on not being a "fatass"!

Jeez louise, have you never needed to vent about tough customers at work? I completely understood what she was saying--you always encounter a few exceptionally rude, obnoxious people when working in the service industry, and ones who scream and swear at you for following the rules certainly fit the bill. Pointing out--on your own time, away from work--that they are such doesn't make you a bad person. Sheesh.

As for me, I'm now just depressed that Japan doesn't have much to offer in the way of Mexican food. Le sigh.

For me it wasn't that she "vented"...it was her choice of people that she vented about...as if only over weight people are rude and greedy. I have worked service jobs before...ALL people can be rude...fat...thin...and in between.

I have known some rather thin people that demanded "extra" and if they didn't receive that extra they were rather loud and obnoxious.

I think that generally in our society a heavy weight person and a lighter weight person can be guilty of the same offense...the "xxxxxx" is singled out much more often than the "xxxxxxxxx".

Just my opinion...neither term is very kind.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Someone posts something helpful about logging accuracy and for that "they deserve to be fat?"

"Hi. I would like to be completely and totally absolved of any and all responsibility for my weight loss. i would like to go someplace to eat and have an unreasonable expectation that the minimum wage worker behind the counter is taking extra time to carefully weigh and measure my portions to ensure that it precisely meets the number on the nutritional info guide. i want him/her to make sure that they don't give extra food, even tho 99% of the people in line would be EXTREMELY HAPPY to get extra food, and in fact, 30% of the people in line will complain to him/her if they only get the allotted portions. I want to be on a precise calorie count, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO PREPARE MY OWN FOOD. i just want the entire world to serve me exactly what i wish to be served."

That's some very creative reading between the lines. Have you ever eaten at Chipotle and logged it as their site lists it? That would mean you don't want to prepare your own food, are on a precise count and you expect 100% accuracy, right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

That's some very creative reading between the lines. Have you ever eaten at Chipotle and logged it as their site lists it? That would mean you don't want to prepare your own food, are on a precise count and you expect 100% accuracy, right?

i log all of my food exactly as the site lists it. and i assume there is a reasonable margin of error that will balance itself out and if it doesn't at some point i will adjust my calorie and exercise goals so that i can continue gaining/maintaining/losing weight as planned.

it's really not that hard. if the OP eats at chipotle on the regular, after several weeks he can just adjust his intake. if the OP only eats at chipotle once every blue moon, 400 extra calories doesn't do a single damned thing that affects his goals.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Thank you for taking my post completely out of context.

YES, in the grand scheme of things, if you aren't eating Chipotle or any other restaurant food everyday and mostly preparing your own meals, a 400 calorie error is pretty freaking negligible. Thanks for also ignoring my other suggestions of how to deal with the inaccuracy of dining out.

Oh yeah and... pot calling the kettle black there... how ironic:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    That's funny...because I feel like I NEVER get enough guacamole. All of the ladies at my Chipotle are stingy with the guac!
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Go to the one in West LA on Sepulveda.. they are always shorting me -_-
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Why are people so crazy about this place lol.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

It's amazing. The OP didn't really say or do anything to deserve some of this insane, snarky backlash. But hey, it's the internet, par for the course.

I think it's good this dude made this thread. To more advanced calorie counters this is a no brainer. But some would be extremely surprised how many people assume what they read on a label, or on a nutritional "fact" chart, is 100% correct. Hell there are lots of beginning calorie counters still dealing with remembering to account for the "servings per package" portion of a label. Every thread around the "help" section of the board isn't designed to cater to those who already know what they're doing. We can't assume this stuff is a no-brainer on a site known for and endless stream of beginners.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    We may go to Chipotle for lunch later on. Two tacos for me, no cheese.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I think a majority of restaurants give too much to be considered a single portion. When I go out I usually have them box half of it before they even bring it to the table.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

It's amazing. The OP didn't really say or do anything to deserve some of this insane, snarky backlash. But hey, it's the internet, par for the course.

Ignoring the fact that you too have taken the quote out of context, actually yeah, they did. It wasn't just hey everyone, you may be getting more food than you think. It was now I'll go "fix" the problem by making them give everyone less food = less value for your money. That's really quite silly when you think about it, but I suppose the approved response is, "thank you for the information, you're so great!"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My bigger debate when I get my weekly chipotle, is should I get one or two burrito bowls. Even with double fajita and extra rice, chicken, mild, corn and guac, I am still not full.

And even with that weekly (and the occasional three times in two days), I still manage to lose weight. But I tend to increase my serving size when I create a "meal".
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Then eat at home if you're scared of chipolte. I don't live in fear.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    l.jpg
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

+1 :happy:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm this is true of most restaurants. Log as best you can and enjoy!!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who has never been to Chipotle.

Nope, not the only one. Only because we don't have one around here. We have a place called Blue Coast Burrito, right next to the Five Guys Burgers... That address is also known as Heaven. :P