Jess................0...........0%
    Lauren..........-1...........0.58%
    Ann..............-2.0.........0.86%
    Ladeb..........-0.2.........0.001%
    cogirl.......... -1.0.........0.38%
    Julie............+3.2........0%
    Allison........-2.5.........1.0%
    Nance...........0............0%

Blue: YOU ARE NOT QUITTING! Look at how far you have come ... you will get to where you want to go - it isn't a race (and we have all been in your shoes). :flowerforyou:

Elmox: Good for you to be willing to share your story ... you will probably inspire someone else.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Lauren: Best of luck on your speech.

Jess: When is the Dallas 3 Day? I have those Sun Country vouchers and they fly to TX....hmmm, a sign perhaps??

Nancy: Don't you dare quit! Until a few weeks ago, I was stuck in a plateau since MARCH! You will get through it, just keep at it and give your body time. No one let me quit when I wanted to, so you don't get to quit, either!! :tongue:
  • adgrissom
    adgrissom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I finally did the percentage:
    debra .........-1.2.........0.72%
    Teresa..........0.0.........0.0%
    lstpaul .......- 0.4 ..........16%
    Heather.......-1.2.........0.63%
    Jenn............-0.7..........0.26%
    Laila............-2.0..........0.95%
    momma..........0...........0%
    Jess................0...........0%
    Lauren..........-1...........0.58%
    Ann..............-2.0.........0.86%
    Ladeb..........-0.2.........0.001%
    cogirl.......... -1.0.........0.38%
    Julie............+3.2........0%
    Allison........-2.5.........1.0%
    Nance...........0............0%

ADG.... -3.6 ..... (not quite sure what you are basing the %off of...)

I was hoping for at least 2 lbs. down this week, to be able to stay on track for my down 20 lbs by end of January (started before joining MFP). To my surprise I ended being down 3.6. If I can keep on track, just need another 2.2 by next Friday to meet my goal.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Heahter-The 3 day in Dallas is in November. I want to say the first weekend but I'm not 100% sure. I think it might be a sign! haha..

Blue-You are NOT quitting!! Send me your email! I will hunt you down if you try to quit on us! You've lost a good amount of weight. Your body needs time to adjust and catch up. Have you changed up with you "normally" do? Hang in there! You WILL get through this!

Lauren-I think that is great you are going to speak to your church about your weight loss journey! I have no doubt you will inspire others! If I can give you any help please let me know!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So I got a call at 7pm tonight for a 2nd interview. Apparently my interview went very well afterall! They wanted me to come in 1st thing Monday but I wasn't comfortable with that since I wouldn't have a chance to speak with my supervisor about taking time off and since I'm already taking time off Monday afternoon for the ultrasound. I agreed to come in at 8.30 on Tuesday. I think I may be their first choice. In my experience, every single time I've had a 2nd interview I've gotten a job offer.

I think I have to muster up the nerve to bring up the "I'm pregnant" thing during the next interview. I feel like it's only right for me to tell them before they make an offer. If it's going to be such a problem for them that it stops me from being their first choice, then I'll know it would've caused a lot of tension and drama if I had kept it a secret until I accepted the job.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    So while Amelia was at the doctor the other day she first told the nurse that was taking her blood pressure that Jesus was in her heart and the nurse said awe isn't that precious.Then when the doctor was listening to her heart she said "God is in my heart can you hear him?"
    I just thought this was so precious coming from my 4yr old that I had to share with you ladies.I love my girls.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Sisters, I am NOT quitting. I just had a brief moment of thinking about giving up, which scared me into thinking that what if MFP folds and I don't know how to get a hold of you guys, which made me think I needed to give you my email, just in case. I know, weird, but what can I say. I'm weird. :tongue:

I'm just so tired of going and going and never seeing results on the scale. I know I can do better. First off, I need to STOP buying anything with sugar, including WW ice cream products!, until I get some control back.

check in:
    cals: under
    water: 100
    exercise: 60 mins. PT
    proud: I am NOT giving up! :heart: And I love you girls! :heart:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sisters, I am NOT quitting. I just had a brief moment of thinking about giving up, which scared me into thinking that what if MFP folds and I don't know how to get a hold of you guys, which made me think I needed to give you my email, just in case. I know, weird, but what can I say. I'm weird. :tongue:

I'm just so tired of going and going and never seeing results on the scale. I know I can do better. First off, I need to STOP buying anything with sugar, including WW ice cream products!, until I get some control back.

check in:
    cals: under
    exercise: 60 mins. PT
    proud: I am NOT giving up! :heart: And I love you girls! :heart:
    Remember if MFP folds you can always set up facebook alot of us are on there now.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Lilspy: Congrats!
    Awestfall: that is very sweet of your daughter!
    Blue: I would have to say that since I changed to this new eating plan I have had a lot less cravings than I had before. I'm eating a lot less carbs, and nothing with sugar added... so very few processed foods. 3 meals and 3 snacks a day with a protein, healthy fat and carb (which includes fruits and veggies) every time I eat.

I met with my nutritionist today and there are a lot of things I need to work on .... less cheese for my protein choices (I kind of knew that already), less bread - just 1 slice a day, and I need to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up ... that is a bit of a challenge for me too since I work out before I eat breakfast 3 days a week. But I'm committed to trying.
    We have a swimmeet in Minneapolis tomorrow on the U of M campus where my husband and I both graduated ... one of my favorite restaurants is there and my husband asked if we should go there. I said no ... it is very tempting but there is no way I could find anything on the menu that would fit into my current goals since it is a sub shop! .Someday ... but not while I am trying to make some progress.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    So I got a call at 7pm tonight for a 2nd interview. Apparently my interview went very well afterall! They wanted me to come in 1st thing Monday but I wasn't comfortable with that since I wouldn't have a chance to speak with my supervisor about taking time off and since I'm already taking time off Monday afternoon for the ultrasound. I agreed to come in at 8.30 on Tuesday. I think I may be their first choice. In my experience, every single time I've had a 2nd interview I've gotten a job offer.

I think I have to muster up the nerve to bring up the "I'm pregnant" thing during the next interview. I feel like it's only right for me to tell them before they make an offer. If it's going to be such a problem for them that it stops me from being their first choice, then I'll know it would've caused a lot of tension and drama if I had kept it a secret until I accepted the job.

Congrats on getting the second interview!!! That's amazing news. Just a bit of free advice from my MBA program's career services: do NOT reveal that you are pregnant until an offer is made. I know it seems dicey and dishonest, but this is a legal protection that you have; they can't ask and you are not obligated to provide this information. You're still not that far along, presumably not really showing, and if you really want the job, not telling ensures that you have a fair shot at it. Men wouldn't disclose prostate cancer or something, and wouldn't feel OBLIGATED to say something.

You can take or leave the input, but if it's still not obvious, then I wouldn't bring it up. Your pregnancy won't preclude you from doing an outstanding job.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Julie, I wouldn't tell they you are pregnant until after you get the job. You should get the job on your skills, and not have to worry about not getting the position because of your pregnancy.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Go figure the scale is back to 219 today... haha. I'm of to Adam's 4-year-old's birthday party (complete with ex-wife and family... wish me luck!)

Julie- Congrats on the second interview!! :)
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'd like to join back in if you don't mind.

Julie- congrats on the 2nd interview

Tstout- gl at bday party hope that all goes well for you and good job on getting to 219

check in for yesterday

cals- under
    water- 72oz very good for me
    exercise-none I haven't started this component yet maybe later next week
    proud- that I'm back on track and posting on here and not isolating myself

I also lost 3lbs this am from when I first joined mfp I had also gained 3 so it was 6 from what I had gained but in anycase I'm happy with that and looking forward to continuing on this journey with this supportive group of women
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I am so PMSing right now, and just want to eat everything in sight...and then cry. Need some strength and happy vibes girls!!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Jenn, we're here for ya! We have to keep going on. The world only spins forward.

Better day today. I am slowly crawling back to reality. Whew!
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Thanks :) I spend 40 mins cleaning the house, and then did a 30 min exercise DVD. Got those endorphins flowing, and I feel much better!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the swim meet ... and I'm HUNGRY! I'm having a nutritionist approved snack fo pickles wrapped in cream cheese and ham, it's pretty yummy (although the pickles were old).
    I have to share one of the hard things about being a mother - my poor baby at the swim meet .... he is 10, and was swimming against 12&13 year old's so he already had a disadvantage (plus he's not Michael Phelps) ... he dove in for his first event - the 100IM and his goggles fell off. The next 100 yards, four different strokes and 2 minutes 44 seconds were some of the longest I've ever had ... watching him trying to swim with his eyes closed - swimming back and forth across the lane and running into the lane lines and the wall. He was WAY behind the other swimmers, and struggling (and crying I'm sure) ... the crowd was cheering him to the end, but it was hard to watch. His coach was great though - told him how proud he should be to have finished the race. He had another event shortly afterwards so I was worried he wouldn't want to do it - but he did. He borrowed someone else's goggles and did fine - not his best time - but I'm glad he wasn't afraid to do it. I told him there was an older boy who lost his goggles later when my son was in the shower, and the older boy quit after 25 yards ... so I think that made him proud that he finished.
    Sometimes it's hard to be mom and not be able to help when things go wrong. :sad:
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    aww istpaul that's sad about ds but at least he finished

jenn- I hear you on the pmsing I was having that problem yesterday but tom is here now so I'm feeling better good idea to exercise when you feel like that I might have to steal that idea from you lol

I'll check in for today since I'm done for the day now

cals- under
    water-72oz
    exercise-still none
    proud- that we went out to eat at friendly's and I ordered something off the 555cal and under menu that I had looked up online the day before
  • bluenote
    Options
    lstpaul - so sorry about your son's mishaps! :( Thank goodness you were there to pick his spirits up.
    Veronica - great job with dinner!

check in:

cals: barely under
    exercise: 30 mins elliptical
    proud: I am still hanging on
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    lstpaul, I am proud of your little guy for sticking it out. Good for him

Blue, are you around right now? I see you checked in about 30 mins. ago. Did I miss you?