Tell us something about where you live?

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Florida!
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    I live in Melbourne Australia just voted the most liveable city in the world.
    Winter is coming to an end & it will be a sunny 20 degrees Celsius today.
    omg I LOVE Oz!!!!! Was in Perth this past March. Heading to Melbs in Jan or Feb. Every holiday I take, every chance I get, I'm headed to Australia.
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    New York!
  • cmn12rbp
    cmn12rbp Posts: 19 Member
    Rochester, New York. Born & Raised. It's like, the 3rd most violent & dangerous city in NY, with double the crime than New York City itself. (not to mention a way smaller population) and as of 2014 we are the 3rd poorest city in all of America.... AWESOME!
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The most amazing thing about being down here is the weather between October and April :happy:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Three pro teams that all blow...although basketball season is looking promising this year.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Chicago effin' rules.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    I don't know many fun facts about where I currently live, but here is one about where I'm from... Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania is home of KME (headquarters) one of the largest emergency response vehicle manufacturer's. (and its a super small town, only 1 stop light)
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Three pro teams that all blow...although basketball season is looking promising this year.

But there's some fine ho's living there.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

Fact!
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Currently living in Winston-Salem, NC in a downtown factory loft... it's awesome. Have lived in Frederick, MD, Baltimore, Rochester, Syracuse and New York City... Miss the North, love the weather in the South.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member

And you have one of the best walleye fisheries in the world. Fish and hos, FTW.

Also, corn. I have miles and miles of corn. Corn as far as the eye can see. Unless it's a bean field.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    I got nothing. Well, there are Amish here...around here anyways. That was a hell of a shock when my parents moved us to Ohio when I was 13...TOTALLY thought they were joking when they told us about the Amish.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    I live in two places - UK and France. Monday to Thursday is in the North London neighbourhood of Golders Green. Expensive, noisy, and very multi-cultural. Originally coming from a small village this took me some time to get used to but now the sirens and all-night buses don't bother me. What's here? Lot's of cafes, restaurants, and a metro station! Also one of the biggest cemeteries in the country - Peter Sellers, Sigmund Freud, H.G Wells, and recently Amy Winehouse were either buried or cremated here.

From Friday to Sunday I live in a very quiet part of rural northern France (not far from the Belgian border). Lots of great cycling and walking terrain and a decent golf course close by. What's here? We have one small shop and there is a museum in the forest where the Germans planned to launch V1 and V2 rockets during WWII. Highlight of the year is the night time cycle ride through the forests looking for the legendary ghosts. Hundreds turn up and the biggest risk is from other cyclists or the wild pigs! Pretty darn exciting don't you think? :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I live in the state of Maine, USA. It's a gorgeous state that has something for everyone who loves the outdoors and/or just plain old likes site seeing - rocky coasts, sandy beaches, lighthouses, mountains (ski, hike, etc), rivers and lakes (fish, boat, swim) and lots of wildlife.

Our largest city is Portland - while it's no Boston or even Portsmouth, it's big for Maine. And it's a classic old New England city with a lot of historical brick buildings and even some cobblestone sidewalks left in the waterfront area. There's a decent art community, tons of restaurants to enjoy and of course the usual shopping, etc.

The area where I live is referred to as Central Maine (although it's quite far south of the "true" center of the state map-wise) with Lewiston/Auburn as a twin city at the heart. It's an evolving city, I guess you'd say...not large and not a ton of stuff to do/see in any particular area of tourism but a nice little bit of everything (outdoors, shopping, arts, food) Our two big events are the Balloon Festival in August (2 weeks ago) and The Dempsey Challenge bike race and run/walk (about a month from now). And yes, it's THAT Dempsey (Patrick) - he grew up in the area and founded a center for those impacted by cancer that provides various services.
    http://www.dempseycenter.org/the-dempsey-center/
  • PeeKee40
    PeeKee40 Posts: 10
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia. Sometimes known as the world's most isolated capital city.

Home to gorgeous beaches like this:

CottesloePano.jpg

And Quokkas...officially the happiest animals ever (well according to the Huffington Post at any rate)

quokka.jpg
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    White sand and palm trees
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Hmmm...

-M&Ms and Twix are made here

-Coopertone sunscreen and Claritin D are made here

-Dasani is bottled here

-The 1996 whitewater Olympic events were held here

-there are at least 12 Fortune 500 manufacturers here

-Church of God World Headquarters are located here

-Phil Stacey went to college here
  • Lilla35
    Lilla35 Posts: 99
    Jersey...and it's peaceful, except for the old guy who yells at all the kids for climbing the tree. He tells them the tree is going to break.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    The home of Jack Daniels! Need I say more? :)