Tell us something about where you live?

Options

Replies

• christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The home of Jack Daniels! Need I say more? :)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Montana = 'Montucky'
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Beautiful mountains surrounding a lovely farm....chickens running around.....big sky......flower garden......on a peaceful lane. Home. :heart:
  • linztx
    linztx Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Texas, Hot as Hell, not as country as people assume, many don't have southern accents - but I do! hot as hell again, and my home sweet home!
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia. Sometimes known as the world's most isolated capital city.

Home to gorgeous beaches like this:

CottesloePano.jpg

And Quokkas...officially the happiest animals ever (well according to the Huffington Post at any rate)

quokka.jpg
    Perth is fantastic
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    The Quad Cities, AL (Florence, Muscle Shoals, Sheffield, Tuscumbia)... We have a rich history in the music business. Everyone from Aretha Franklin to The Rolling Stones to U2 to Lynyrd Skynyrd to Percy Sledge. All have ties to the area and most have recorded here, like Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman" and The Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter". Lots of current musicians live around here or have ties to the area too. The Civil Wars, Jason Isbell, The Alabama Shakes, etc... Even the documentary about it all, called "Muscle Shoals" (it's on Netflix) was featured on Letterman and he gave it high praises. Most people might not know who Will McFarlane is, but he's played guitar with Bonnie Raitt for several years as well as with Jackson Browne... Will is my neighbor. :P
  • ericafittrainer
    ericafittrainer Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    NC...we have mountains and beaches...humid summers but beautiful fall seasons...and super friendly southern accented people!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    morningglories-1.jpg

I live in a tiny town on the Hudson River, New York ..... beautiful scenery & nice people ...... I love it !

btw, it's nice meeting everyone here ..... have a great day :drinker:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    NC. We have mountains, ocean, mild winters, beautiful flowering trees, and me. Sounds like home.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I live in Murfreesboro, TN. We are home to the World's Largest Cedar Bucket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Largest_Cedar_Bucket

We are also the geographic center of Tennessee.

Murfreesboro was the state capital from 1818-1826.

I used to live in M'boro and I MISS IT SO MUCH!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    live in Colorado and I love mountains for hiking and camping....
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Lansing, MI, here. Just a few miles from Michigan State University, home to the 2014 Rose Bowl Champions. :heart:

Lansing is the state capitol as well.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    San Antonio, TX: Lovely Riverwalk... but it is 100+ degrees in the shade with 100% humidity... so the touristy thing can stay with the tourist....
  • ibafishinfool
    ibafishinfool Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Springfield, Massachusetts: It's warm and sweaty in the summer and cold and snowy in the winter. Love living in New England!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I live in a house that used to be owned by the guy who flew the jet packs in the James Bond movies.

Hi there neighbor!! My husband knows him too!! His jet pack is in one of the Smithsonian museums!!

I'm in Lockport, NY...suburb of Buffalo...home of the best chicken wings.... wings from anywhere else are pure crap. We also have the best weather, we get to experience all 4 seasons. Sometimes all 4 in 2 days!
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I live in Portland, Maine, the land of rude tourists, eccentric foodies, f'd up seasons, and a bastion of hipsters that could rival the other Portland.

I am about to BE a tourist in your city next month. Tell me how to not be rude! I have no interest in pissing off the locals.
  • KymberlyGiudici
    KymberlyGiudici Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    soggynode wrote: »
    I'm in Vancouver....Washington State. Also known as 'The other Vancouver." Not in Canada, We are right across the Columbia river from the infamous Portland, Oregon, and most of the people who live in my town work over there.

The best thing about this area is that it's the Pacific Northwest, and you can drive to the most majestic tourist attractions in the continental U.S. Two hours drive to the west is the Pacific Ocean, miles and miles of unspoiled rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.. One hour drive to the North is Mt. St. Helen's Volcanic Monument, which exploded in 1980. One hour drive to the East is the Columbia River Gorge, home of Multnomah Falls. Another hour to the South East will put you on top of 12,000 ft tall Mt. Hood. Three hours to the South is Lavabeds National Monument, Crater Lake, and a host of other mountain lakes to play on in Oregon. Seattle is about four hours north. And Canada about 5 hours.

It's not all fabulous on the Upper Left Edge, though. We are famous for the rainiest winter weather on the continent, with Seattle holding the record for the most rainy days in a row anywhere on the planet. So don't bother to move here....just come be a tourist in the summer time.
    ^^ This. I'm in Battle Ground, WA a few miles north of Vancouver. The town is named after a battle that was supposed to take place but things kinda got messed up and they never got around to it. That is why you shouldn't try to schedule battles on your own, you should always hire a planner.

Im in BG, as well. A lifelong resident, actually... born, bred, and raised. I never found a good enough reason to leave, so now im raising my own family here. Some facts about our beloved Battle Ground Lake, and the towns name:

The lake's origin is volcanic, and is believed to have been formed as a "Maar" volcano. This type of volcano is the result of hot lava or magma pushing up near the surface of the earth and then coming into contact with underground water (The lake is spring-fed). This is thought to have resulted in a large steam explosion, leaving a crater that later formed a lake.
    This area was named for a battle that settlers at Fort Vancouver expected to happen in 1855 between U.S. Army soldiers and some Klickitat Indians. The battle never occurred. Captain Strong, the post commander, allowed some Indians to leave the fort on the promise that they would return after burying their chief (Umtuch) who had been accidentally killed. Most fort residents believed a battle would ensue to get the Indians to return, and therefore dubbed the spot "Strong's Battle Ground." The Indians, true to their word, returned peacefully but the name took hold. Later the area was simply referred to as "Battle Ground."
    We have a Primary School named Captain Strong, and a Middle School named Chief Umtuch to honor this part of our history. Our school district celebrated 100 years not too long ago, as well.
  • VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Duluth, GA

It was originally called Howell's Crossing, but was renamed Duluth in 1871 after a railroad running between HC and Duluth, Minnesota was approved. We have a super nice Town Green that has helped us rank as 26th in America's Best Places To Move, and 8th in Top 25 Most Uniquely American Cities And Towns. We're home to the minor league hockey team Gwinnett Gladiators, who are affiliated with the NHL's Arizona Coyotes. But we're probably most notable for the Runaway Bride story in 2005, when the woman claimed she had been kidnapped and sexually assaulted, creating a media circus, but really just ran away to avoid a wedding.
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Texas: So hot in summer, bugs fry in mid flight. So cold in winter, parts of men disappear.
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    I live in the first suburb south of Chicago. If I threw a rock it would get taxed.