Got 30-35 lbs to lose ? Join my group and we can do it toget

Options

Replies

• TheQueenishere
    Options
    I am a tad late with joining, but it's better late than never! I currently weigh about 153, my weigh in is tomorrow. Goal weight is 110 by June
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am VERY happy for those that are having success with this plan ! Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, I may be the dark cloud on the forum weigh-in today:

Despite my best efforts of tracking every morsel of food entering my mouth and playing competitive racquetball for 4 days this past week, I have lost no weight and actually GAINED two pounds. :(

I am becoming VERY concerned about my endocrine system and with the support and understanding of my wonderful husband have decided that I should consult an endocrinologist to have my metabolic system checked thoroughly. He knows that I've been consistently monitoring my diet and eating healthy and clean and exercising religiously (he's my racquetball partner), but no weight or INCHES lost. Very discouraging to try so hard and be so disappointed on weigh-in day.

According to MFP, I should be seeing some results....apparently, I'm "one of those" that has a signficantly different metabolic rate.

Any others experience this problem?

Hi there !

Don't be discouraged ! You are doing a good thing...even though you don't see much results at this time you are treating your body well with good food and exercise.... Sometimes it just takes longer for some to lose weight....are you eating enough calories ? I end up not losing weight if I don't eat enough.....Are you drinking enough water ? The 2L of water per day is very important to flush the fat out.....

It is good that you have such a wonderful supportive husband ! Don't be discouraged ! We are here for you during your journey....!!!! Keep us updated!
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cynthia. Just the reason I joined this group....for SUPPORT. Needed a bit of a pick-me-up from someone today. So glad I joined. :)
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am VERY happy for those that are having success with this plan ! Keep up the good work!

Despite my best efforts of tracking every morsel of food entering my mouth and playing competitive racquetball for 4 days this past week, I have lost no weight and actually GAINED two pounds. :(

I am becoming VERY concerned about my endocrine system and with the support and understanding of my wonderful husband have decided that I should consult an endocrinologist to have my metabolic system checked thoroughly. He knows that I've been consistently monitoring my diet and eating healthy and clean and exercising religiously (he's my racquetball partner), but no weight or INCHES lost. Very discouraging to try so hard and be so disappointed on weigh-in day.

According to MFP, I should be seeing some results....apparently, I'm "one of those" that has a signficantly different metabolic rate.

Try not to be too discouraged!! If I weigh myself the day after an intense cardio session, I'm usually 4 lbs heavier!!! but after a day or two I drop really fast to a loss. I lose weight very slowly, but if you know you are doing all the right things, eventually the scale will follow :smile:
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 171.4
    Not sure what amount of a loss as I weighed in midweek so it threw the numbers off. I do now it is way down from last Monday. LOL
    Great work all Slimpossibles!!!
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Don't get down. We are all here to help you. Definitely seek medical advice if nothing is working for you. Hopefully a doctor will be able to help you out. Keep us updated with everything and don't get down on yourself. I had a week where I watched everything and worked out faithfully and gained. Turns out my scale needed a new battery, but I got down on myself. You CAN do it!!!! Keep your chin up and remember we are all here for you!!! :smile:
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    Morning all. I came in at 227 today which is keeping my loss avg. at 1 lb a week. Steady as it goes.

Also thanks Cyn for keepin up on all this.
    Have a good one everyone.
    t
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good morning, SlimPossibles!

I'm reporting a 1lb loss this week, currently at 206 :happy:

But I'm going to have to work my butt off...I see a challenging week ahead of me, one that starts with a 'make up' birthday dinner tonight at a yummy Cuban restaurant!!! I'm doing my best to be prepared before we go...but I know there will be a 'bit' of indulgence :ohwell:

Wish me luck, and have a great week everyone!!!!
  • jrcboiler
    jrcboiler Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 lb this week, weighing in at 178. Not as much as I'd like but I'll take it!
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement!

With all the supportive comments, I have printed off my food diary and been giving it a good scrutinizing. I've identified a few instances where I've consumed higher protein and/or higher fat.

So thanks to EVERYone that has responded and/or extended friendship. You've all turned a very disappointing day into one with renewed hope and vigor. :) God Bless each of you on your weight loss journeys!
  • stephaniee36
    Options
    lost 3lbs this week!!! down to 186
  • Mizzswager
    Options
    I would like to join the group :) My current weight is about 190 ... I weigh today actually to see how the first week went. I want to loose about 40lbs and am hoping to reach goal by June - August. I am not doing anything fad diet wise. Just watching what I eat. Reading success stories to stay on track and learning to love the gym again. I have created a few little things to keep me on track. I recently added count downs on my cell phone to three planned trips this year... feb, june, and august. I am tracking weekly weight loss, keeping a piece of my bikini in my purse (as a reminder), counting calories, and meeting goals and expectations with rewards like new jeans from my other half!!! I have noticed too watching mtv's I Used to be Fat is pretty inspirational. I think because I have fluctuated in weight my whole life so I understand. I hope everyone is well and I would be excited to join this group!!!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good Day SlimPossibles...

Let's start off by welcoming our new members, jaedre, dolphinkates, iolande, papaya81, TheQueenHere, and Mizzswager.....WELCOME ! If you need anything please feel free to email me.

Secondly, thank you to those who have sent me their Monday weigh in weights ! Congrats to all of you on your hard work !

So far our biggest losers of the week: Beccil - 8lbs:smile: , mnheather -6.6lbs,:smile: KenzieKidwell -4.4 lbs,:smile: lindajay3 &Tinkervell09 -4lbs,:smile: laceygirl2318 -3.6 lbs,:smile: hopeandj, meadows64, shazzannon and stephaniee36 with a -3lbs loss, :smile: dani818 & jennaK -2.8lbs:smile: mlally1014 & qkiley -2.2lbs:smile: brittlk70 & thedeegan -2lbs :smile: and amyh2006, apeman, CynthiaCollin, jml4971, jpboiler, natural beauty47 who loss is between 1 & 2lbs !:smile:

For those of you who maintained...GREAT JOB !!!! Maintenance is quite important...I have had maintenance weeks and it is just as great as losing weight ! Remember weight loss takes time....there are plenty of hurdles like plateaus....but with your hard work and perserverance you will reach your goals !

FANTASTIC EVERYONE ! Thanks for sending in your weights ! You are all doing so well ! I am so proud of our SlimPossibles !

If anyone needs anything, I am an email away ! If I forgot someone, please let me know ! As of today we are 114 members, so please forgive me if sometimes some info gets loss in translation ! I appreciate your help !

Have a fabulous day SlimPossibles !!!!! Being a SlimPossible means everything is possible !!!!

Cynthia:happy:
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A little slow as this is my first week doing this. I was down 4.6 this week. Next week will 6 :o) @beccil GREAT JOB!!

To everyone who has checked in, weight loss or not you have kept yourself accountable and that goes along way!!!

I posted this on my profile and think everyone should read it!
    "So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." Matthew 6:34
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow look at the successful week this group had!! Congrats to all who lost weight and/or maintained!! Lets keep it going :) I got my work-out in today and I am trying to stay focused on NOT daydreaming about all the food I want to eat...trying to keep my goals in-sight instead :)

Happy Monday !
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Info sent . . . love this . . . we can kick each other butt to lose that last 30"ish".

My husband and I just cleaned out our Rec Room yesterday to turn it into my own personal gym. I hung up some mirrors, set up my treadmill, an area for floor exercise or to do a DVD, and an area for my stability ball and free weights . . . so Im now good to go!
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    hi i would love to join ive been trying to slim for 6 years now without sucess need to lose around 28lbs so im hoping this group will help me get to my goal ive been very inspired bu your wayins well done everyone x starting weight 172lbs goal weight 160 ish x
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    A little slow as this is my first week doing this. I was down 4.6 this week. Next week will 6 :o) @beccil GREAT JOB!!

To everyone who has checked in, weight loss or not you have kept yourself accountable and that goes along way!!!

I posted this on my profile and think everyone should read it!
    "So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." Matthew 6:34

Thanks !!
    Thank you to this group and MFP, and my friends who keep me focused and motivated.. This isnt just about weight loss it is about a lifestyle change, I am thankful I was able to make it happen, but I tracked my calories, ate right and worked out very hard all week..

Thanks again , and EVERYONE no matter what the size of the # does great ! This is long term !
    Blessings .
    Becci
    Seattle
  • popcrn4free
    popcrn4free Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Down 2.4 lbs. Was hoping for more my first week but a loss is a loss!
  • meadows654
    Options

My husband and I just cleaned out our Rec Room yesterday to turn it into my own personal gym. I hung up some mirrors, set up my treadmill, an area for floor exercise or to do a DVD, and an area for my stability ball and free weights . . . so Im now good to go!
    This sounds so awesome! I have a tight space in our living room... but I manage. :happy: