What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options

Replies

• tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs fairly easily. Bought a box of lucky charms. Fit bowls of the sweetie goodness into my day. BAM gained 2 lbs. I have now given up lucky charms...

Uh oh, I have a sweet spot for Lucky Charms. Sounds like that's going to need to go for me.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    fear. fear of still not feeling awesome about myself even if I got to a normal weight. it also helped me so very much to think about and fill out the "why I want to do it" and my "inspirations" portions of my profile. I want to live, not just be alive
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Fast food & calories from drinks. Pretty much stick to water.
    I get more satisfaction from chewing my calories.
  • RobertHButler
    Options
    Gluten containing products.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out. I have however, cut portion sizes and the frequencies of high calorie foods. I've cut down on eating out, but still make it a habit to have subway twice a week and another fast food meal on the weekend. That way I'm not missing anything and haven't felt the urge to binge on anything in the 9 months I've been on track.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Now drinking once a week instead of of every other day... This was not that difficult.
    Minimized bread too. This was hard. I bake it myself and love it.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

YES!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out was regular soda...now it's one can of diet with dinner and water the rest of the time. Everything else I still consume in moderation.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Honestly, learning to eat mostly healthy but not totally cutting out anything is why I was able to finally get my weight down after all these years. If I truly want to eat or drink something, I'll have it. Make it fit in my daily goals.

21525558.png
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    Milk. It's my favorite food in the world but until I started counting calories I didn't realize how many I was drinking. Now I limit myself to one 8oz glass a day of skim.
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Highly processed foods
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Honestly, learning to eat mostly healthy but not totally cutting out anything is why I was able to finally get my weight down after all these years. If I truly want to eat or drink something, I'll have it. Make it fit in my daily goals.

21525558.png

This. Calorie deficit and exercise. I will never go without the things I love. Why would you?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I would agree that the biggest thing has just been committing to tracking even if I have a "bad" day. Beyond that, mostly eating home cooked meals and minimizing processed really helps with my usual sugar/carb cravings.
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the condiments. You'd be amazed at the calories you'll save! :wink: If you must use them make sure and measure. After while you'll find they're just not worth it.
  • astrostellar
    Options
    Fast food. It doesn't even taste good to me anymore (with the exception of a Carl's Junior turkey burger.)
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Soda and other sugary drinks. I still drink diet soda sometimes. I've developed a fancy for Seagram's diet ginger ale.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    sugar soft drink to diet.
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Next challenge: Alcohol :grumble:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven't intentionally cut out anything completely but I think one of the BIGGEST changes for me that has helped, is measuring cheese and using it much more sparingly.

Also, just omitting cheese in many cases...like I almost NEVER have cheese on a salad or burger these days, and very rarely add it to my omelets. I find by doing this I really do not miss it, and I still enjoy cheese (maybe even more so) as a snack, like 1 oz of sharp cheddar and really tasting it and enjoying it, instead of just having it smothering enchiladas or something.

I used to use 2 cups of mozzarella on a homemade pizza and now my husband does a healthier pizza with 1/2 to 2/3 cup of cheese on the entire thing...it's seriously just as good.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, but I have cut a few things way down:

milk
    soda
    juice
    chocolate

Hm--pastries--I'm pretty sure I've cut them out, though they've never been a serious habit.