Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority because I pay attention to NO ONE when I'm there. I'm completely zoned out lol. I show up in my crappy clothes, get in and get out - I don't even notice what anyone else does.

This is me, too. I'm also not much of a sweater. I never really have been. I bust my butt in there lifting and I can feel my sweat, it's not the "running down your body, glistening" kind.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Im a happily married woman with 3 kids. I wear makeup to the gym. No phucks given because im not there to please you. Im there to work out. I have no idea if other women wear makeup or how much, because im.focusing on my lifts, not YOU.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    So, the thread I responded to got me thinking and my friend and I had this discussion as I would love for her to meet a nice guy and there are quite a few at our gym... When I am at the gym first thing in the mornings, I brush my teeth, my hair and wash my face- that's pretty much It. I have always been extremely focused and love the way I feel when I look in the mirror and see myself drenched in sweat and I feel strong and confident and I smile at my friends there and chat a little. And then I see the women come in, perfect hair, perfect makeup and this is at 5:00 in the morning-, not a single bead of sweat and I think, wow maybe I should be a little embarrassed by my lack of "trying" but you know what -I feel my strongest and my sexiest when I am myself and I see what I am capable of doing. My time at the gym may look to others as the freckled faced sweaty girl, but for me - i shine . Rock it out ladies

I think the whole wearing make up to the gym thing varies from person to person. I for example, workout during my lunch breaks at work, so when I walk out of the locker room, I've got a full face on and my hair are all done up. However, I sweat and get all red and puffy, then jump in the shower. My makeup (usually just eyes and lips) tend to stay intact. So to some it may seem like I try to look pretty for the gym. However, if a girl walks into the gym at 5:00 am with a full face and done up hair, and they barely do anything, it's a social or "man hunting" thing. To each its own, who cares if you get sweaty and flushed at the gym, that's the point.

OP, wanting to know what the opinion of guys is on "low maintenance" girls is just fine. Don't feel embarrassed for wanting to the opinion of the sex that you want to attract. Should you let that opinion determine how you feel about yourself? No, but it's always fun to find out. Besides, the obvious question is: would you date the guy that thinks the "low maintenance" girls don't look good enough at the gym, or would you date the guy that doesn't care if you've got a face on?
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I love this post! The only reason I wear makeup to the gym is because I either go at lunch from work or right after. And I agree with the OP--it's my time...whether or not I shine is still undetermined, but I know I feel amazing when it is said and done. I am definitely not one of those girls who gets dressed up to go to the gym. Heck, I'm not even one of those girls who gets dressed up unless there is a need to be. And I barely wear makeup (profile pic is a rare exception for an event I modeled in)..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Im a happily married woman with 3 kids. I wear makeup to the gym. No phucks given because im not there to please you.

that's not what you said at the squat rack last night ;);)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, don't let the ugly egos keep you from posting. This has been a good topic for light discussion. Try not to be offended by some nazi responses, it really is just their ego. I like MFP for all it offers, including these discussions.

BTW, I am 52 and I usually wear make up to the gym, not always, but, I dont want to scare anyone, lol!

thanks for your post

everybody knows that it's not a party until people are called nazis.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Hanging around with runners will make a person a lot more tolerant of "low maintenance". None of the women show up to group runs with perfect hair and make-up. If someone shows up already sweating, you don't label the person a pig. You realize he or she has already logged a few miles and is ready for more. Someone showing up at the gym all dolled up is most likely fronting in hopes of a hook-up and isn't planning to work out very hard.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Ewww, make-up at the gym??? All I can think about is the gunk filtering into your sweaty pores and waking up covered in pimples.

That stinks for you! I'm sorry.

That never happens to me.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Low maintenance girls are awesome! They are confident and display their natural beauty. You have to respect somebody that goes to the gym to put in work. If a woman wants to wear make up and dress up for the gym... more power to her, but for my taste... no frills, get in, lift hard, get sweaty = WIN!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    <
    wears make up daily- even to the gym.
    Someone showing up at the gym all dolled up is most likely fronting in hopes of a hook-up and isn't planning to work out very hard.

If by "hook up" you mean I'm looking for a single- and available squat rack- then you are correct. I am looking for a hook up.

If you think I'm looking for a man you've got another thing coming- why do you assume all women who wear make up are looking for a man- that's so presumptuous and entitled thinking we're dolling up to look good for someone else or to HOOK some one like a damyum trap.

Secondly- I work out pretty friggen hard- I just know how to put my make up on so it doesn't slide all over my face.

the absence or presence of make up does not indicate a good- or bad work out.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

HEY LOOK EVERYONE. READ THIS.

\thread
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    why_do_you_need_makeup_at_the_gym_anyway_540.jpg
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    . . . but then I took an arrow in the knee.
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If-you-wear-this-to-the-gym.jpg

34f749348effe37e24e51d0878994caf3834e1e5198da499db0126802a9b56d2.jpg

image.png
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

\thread

crazy talk. everyone knows you can judge both the quality of the workout AND a woman's intentions by if her makeup is did, her hair is did, and if she's wearing matching tops and bottoms. them low maintenance chicks be spending an extra 20 minutes getting dressed just to make sure none of their stuff matches
  • JoRocka
    Options

\thread

crazy talk.k everyone knows you can judge both the quality of the workout AND a woman's intentions by if her makeup is did, her hair is did, and if she's wearing matching tops and bottoms. them low maintenance chicks be spending an extra 20 minutes getting dressed just to make sure none of their stuff matches

gotta prove how hard you work with your side pony tail and over sized hole ridden t-shirts.

<funny- haven't seen any meme's or made up girls complaining about ratty t-shirt clad women>

herm... I think I have an idea... tap tap tap.
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand the amount of time and energy that goes into discussing this subject. Is it a feeling of being imtimidated by more attractive or more attentive women? What is it? Do some people think that they're in competition with every other single person out there? I seriously want to know.
    In general, how women present themselves (clothes, hair, makeup) is less about attracting men and more about asserting their "rank" among other females.
    Women are contantly in competition with each other over who is more capable of inducing jealousy from other women.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    If I were to get an elective surgery, I'd probably opt for a big ol' bewb job.
    Maybe something like this:
    big-boobs-cleavage-2-e1339968741773.jpg

That way, when I go to the gym, all the sloppy slores & haterz will be even MORE jealous of me in my full face of make up liftin' up that heavy *kitten*.

20130925-060258.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand the amount of time and energy that goes into discussing this subject. Is it a feeling of being imtimidated by more attractive or more attentive women? What is it? Do some people think that they're in competition with every other single person out there? I seriously want to know.
    In general, how women present themselves (clothes, hair, makeup) is less about attracting men and more about asserting their "rank" among other females.
    Women are contantly in competition with each other over who is more capable of inducing jealousy from other women.

That's the second most depressing thing I've read today. And completely untrue, at least in my own n=1 experience.