"You MUST send me a message if you want to be my friend"

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I usually run a credit check, criminal background and insurability screening prior to accepting any friend requests.

Always consult an actuary as well... just to make sure your investment of friendship is worthwhile.

You know what an actuary is! I like you! :smile:
    My friend is married to an actuary.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I actually just got one with nothing written, can't see if we have mutual friends, and I don't recognize the username as someone I've likely insulted here in the forums... not accepting.

If I can see that we have friends in common, or I recognize the person from recent forum interactions then whatever I'm not going to be like "come back when you can make some smartass remark in a little box".
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

If you PM me with "I want to throw you up against a wall and bang the sh&t out of you," you are getting denied.

That would pry be acceptable criteria for quite a few here.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    While I don't have that on my profile, I get it. A few weeks ago I had posted a question about exercises to do to build my chest back up after having breast implants. I got a few FR from people (all men) who didn't even reply to the thread. I'm not looking for those kinds of friends nor is it normal for me to get more than one FR in a month. I've seen people get flirty or even talk about very intimate things on the forums and I can only imagine the creepers who send FR just because of that. So I get it. I'm surprised no one has a "I don't accept FR from creepers only interested in one thing" on their page.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If I get a FR I would like to know what I did to get your attention. It's because I'm vain!. .If you thought something I said on a forum or a newsfeed was funny. . then tell me. . It's good for my ego. .. .
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Also, I had to add a disclaimer because I kept getting unsolicited nudes from men, a couple women. Also, one person added me just to talk about violating me. My MFP friends list is now strictly people I interact with on a consistent basis that I can trust.

YES this too.

If you are creepy in the forums (and all you creepers know who you are), you are getting denied.

If you PM me with "I want to throw you up against a wall and bang the sh&t out of you," you are getting denied.

If you have an ED and you have no intention of working on it, you are getting denied.

Messages help me sort this out.

The creepers don't actually know they are creepers! Every time I call one out they act as if they have no clue what I'm talking about.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Do you have an instagram? Do you have to know everyone that follows you there as well? You've lost 101 lbs and I'm sure you're a motivation to a lot of people that you might not even know who just stumbled upon in a thread and have never talked to. I feel like it's more creepy to say "i saw that you posted in a thread but i never talked to you" than to just not say anything at all.

I am more creeped out by silence. It is like having a conversation at a restaurant, and some stranger wearing work out gear comes over and sits next to me, then picks through my salad, asking how many carbs are in spinach. At least tell my who the hell you are first...

I choked on my salad reading this... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Could you even imagine MFP in real life? People just flashing each other, that one random guy that walks by and yells at you for not eating breakfast. A bunch of men with bleeding nipples stopping to talk about their fitbits.

You..:drinker: You.Are.Awesome.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I probably average 2 FR's a month. No criteria for acceptance.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the messageless FR, and when you go to creep their profile to see who the hell they are, the first thing it says in all caps is "YOU MUST INCLUDE A MESSAGE IF YOU SEND ME A FR!!!"

This gets me too lol... I take the time to send a message with FR's, so I have the "WTF" moment when I get one from someone that didn't add a message, and they have that notice on their page too.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I like people that complain. We should be friends.

But, send me a msg first...

^^^^yes, I LOVEEE whiny friends.....
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Also, I had to add a disclaimer because I kept getting unsolicited nudes from men, a couple women. Also, one person added me just to talk about violating me. My MFP friends list is now strictly people I interact with on a consistent basis that I can trust.

YES this too.

If you are creepy in the forums (and all you creepers know who you are), you are getting denied.

If you have an ED and you have no intention of working on it, you are getting denied.

The creepers don't actually know they are creepers! Every time I call one out they act as if they have no clue what I'm talking about.

True. Story. There was this one weird dude....

Wait, what are you doing on my FL?! :mad:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

YES this too.

Yep. You'd think it would be obvious, but that seems not to be the case.
  • Jessica_Eve
    Jessica_Eve Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This isn't real life just so everyone knows.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you have an instagram? Do you have to know everyone that follows you there as well? You've lost 101 lbs and I'm sure you're a motivation to a lot of people that you might not even know who just stumbled upon in a thread and have never talked to. I feel like it's more creepy to say "i saw that you posted in a thread but i never talked to you" than to just not say anything at all.

I am more creeped out by silence. It is like having a conversation at a restaurant, and some stranger wearing work out gear comes over and sits next to me, then picks through my salad, asking how many carbs are in spinach. At least tell my who the hell you are first...

Could you even imagine MFP in real life? People just flashing each other, that one random guy that walks by and yells at you for not eating breakfast. A bunch of men with bleeding nipples stopping to talk about their fitbits.

This would be hilarious. We should have an Improv night and we can act out the forums for the various skits. One of them would be a confused person standing in the middle of the stage with a big group on one side of the stage shouting, "YOU NEED TO EAT MORE, YOU'RE IN STARVATION MODE!" and the big group on the other side saying, "IF YOU AREN'T LOSING, YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!" Then the confused person would start go to on the offensive and start shouting out ridiculous things to both sides that they failed to mention in the first place.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

This would be hilarious. We should have an Improv night and we can act out the forums for the various skits. One of them would be a confused person standing in the middle of the stage with a big group on one side of the stage shouting, "YOU NEED TO EAT MORE, YOU'RE IN STARVATION MODE!" and the big group on the other side saying, "IF YOU AREN'T LOSING, YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!" Then the confused person would start go to on the offensive and start shouting out ridiculous things to both sides that they failed to mention in the first place.

This is why we need a like button on the forums!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think its just polite. I want to know why you added me, if you want to check out my snacks that would be good to know cause I would warn you my snacks are mostly unhealthy and usually consist of booze (hehe). If you want to follow my posts because you think like me I might like to know so I can see check out your posts too. If you want to add me cause your also 5ft tall and not a waif then I'd like to know that as well so us shorties can stick together etc...

Its not that I think your a stalker.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I used to send out a lot of FR's with messages, but nobody every accepted me. I later found out that they never got the FR because MFP will not deliver them if you have a word like 'boobs' in it. So now, I just send blank FRs and assume that the person knows I'm only sending it for boobs.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I usually run a credit check, criminal background and insurability screening prior to accepting any friend requests.

Always consult an actuary as well... just to make sure your investment of friendship is worthwhile.

You know what an actuary is! I like you! :smile:
    My friend is married to an actuary.

Then I like you too!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This isn't real life just so everyone knows.
    Is it just fantasy?

Am I dreaming?

reality_zpsf4c27c16.gif

(Sorry. Wrong one the first time.)