Why is MFP so mean??

Options

Replies

• _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm always getting my kitchen appliances mixed up. At least I didn't call her a Dutch oven.
    Name calling not necessary

She said she DIDN'T call you a Dutch oven. Are you even Dutch???

Why are you asking me if I am dutch

Why are you avoiding the question?
    Need to understand what you will be doing with the information before I supply it to you

I work for the census bureau. I will be recording you as a Dutch in my official record.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvQsQtFlmqKeLfP8yVQFh4exiYm1efvJU2iaHLtt-jlAwxsG7zjg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    We have bullies...

Can I get a bingo card.

For the record, this is a tame....tame forum.

For those that think this place is mean, please avoid forums with the following topics:

Video Games
    Sports
    Religion
    Parenting
    Politics

Also

Books
    Music
    Movies
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    Because this is the internet...and people represent themselves differently in their virtual worlds then they do in their real lives.

I personally don't get it. If anything the way I interact on-line is dialed way back from how I act in my real life, because...well, this is not my real life. I come on here to log my food and exercise. I visit the forums when I have a specific question or, yeah, when I am bored and wondering who is attacking who today. The forums are informational or entertaining, depending on what I need to get out of them that day.

However, I do avoid certain members. If I see their name in a thread, I just back out and move on. I've learned that no matter how accurate some people may be, I just don't like them so I don't bother with them.
    Not sure if you're aware or not, but you can block members. Just use the little arrow button next to their user name in a thread they've posted in.

Good to know. Hate to have another experience ruined by the dysfunctional. That way but for the grace go I, you know. I'm here recovering from liver disease, and the last thing I need is to hear people justify venting anger and alcoholism, and stumping for factory farmed/sugar industry cao dung. I do hate to see them hazing the newbs, but I have to take care of me first. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Because this is the internet...and people represent themselves differently in their virtual worlds then they do in their real lives.

I personally don't get it. If anything the way I interact on-line is dialed way back from how I act in my real life, because...well, this is not my real life. I come on here to log my food and exercise. I visit the forums when I have a specific question or, yeah, when I am bored and wondering who is attacking who today. The forums are informational or entertaining, depending on what I need to get out of them that day.

However, I do avoid certain members. If I see their name in a thread, I just back out and move on. I've learned that no matter how accurate some people may be, I just don't like them so I don't bother with them.
    Not sure if you're aware or not, but you can block members. Just use the little arrow button next to their user name in a thread they've posted in.

Good to know. Hate to have another experience ruined by the dysfunctional. That way but for the grace go I, you know. I'm here recovering from liver disease, and the last thing I need is to hear people justify venting anger and alcoholism, and stumping for factory farmed/sugar industry cao dung. I do hate to see them hazing the newbs, but I have to take care of me first. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

So I just want to make sure I'm understanding...Because you don't agree with people drinking and fitting it into their calories, and if they choose to eat whatever they want and still lose weight, and they advise the newbies that they can do all that too....that's a bad thing because you don't like it?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

So I just want to make sure I'm understanding...Because you don't agree with people drinking and fitting it into their calories, and if they choose to eat whatever they want and still lose weight, and they advise the newbies that they can do all that too....that's a bad thing because you don't like it?
    No it's bad because she has a medical condition, so everyone else must be better off eating true way she has to.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Go to love all the passive aggressive little nice nasties in there, too. She's just so nice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Go to love all the passive aggressive little nice nasties in there, too. She's just so nice.

Yeah who is she calling dysfunctional??? She don't know me...or does she...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(no she doesn't.)

But if their aggression is passive then they can't actually be considered rude or mean right?
  • PRMinx
    Options

Yeah who is she calling dysfunctional??? She don't know me...or does she...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(no she doesn't.)

But if their aggression is passive then they can't actually be considered rude or mean right?

Of course not. Words don't matter when you hide them behind a smile and a flower.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

(no she doesn't.)

Of course not. Words don't matter when you hide them behind a smile and a flower.

Like this? :flowerforyou:
  • PRMinx
    Options

(no she doesn't.)

Perfect. You are now officially ready to start your own mean people thread.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

(no she doesn't.)

Perfect. You are now officially ready to start your own mean people thread.

dave-grohl-wink-o.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

I think this calls for...

...waaaaaait for it.

tumblr_mvp1bqaBGt1swwqebo1_500.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I think this calls for...

...waaaaaait for it.

tumblr_mvp1bqaBGt1swwqebo1_500.gif

You...I like you...

Oh wait is that mean? I'm confused
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love the way rude, mean people justify their behaviors. There is no justifiable reason why you have to be rude and mean, in my opinion.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eh, I think the truth lies in the middle between the mean camp and the butthurt camp.

I have noticed that the most knowledgeable people, whom I respect (Stroutman, SarahUK, Sidesteel), tend to reply to threads with considered responses, taking into account all sides and present facts in an easily understandable way.

I try to emulate them when replying (not that I do much of that). *Shrugs*.

:flowerforyou:

Although I have often been accused of being mean and a bully. I also have a posse...although I have not been accused of that for a while. :happy:
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    F21547CC-FA18-4AEE-AFA4-B853C2ACBD76_zpskyranbfc.jpg

I can't stop laughing! Ah, that horse! loves... the Fencepost! It's just priceless. I think it must be getting close to bedtime. Thank you!!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Then why do it? Why keep opening and responding when it's so frustrating that you feel the need to be mean?

Many time these "mean" people are being honest, straight-forward, or just blunt. Not the same as being mean. Also having different opinions is often interpreted as being mean.

I disagree. I saw one poor person discuss her opinions about sugar this morning and bam 8 or 9 pages of personality disordered evil. A few nights ago someone posted they might have realized they are drinking too much, and page after page of "just work it into your calories. I still drink (burp)" People need fitness for a lot of different reasons: some people are sick, some were never taught a decent relationship with food, or sugar, or alcohol. The OP suggests that the reason we came on here was to learn the truth which she then immediately conflates with accepting abuse. I just wish people would understand that you may prefer your truth administered with a hammer, but others have a right to their path as well. Mean people suck. :flowerforyou:

Reread that thread (if its the one I think you are referring to). Pay close attention to the claims the OP made as well as the nature of her responses. Then please quote where someone was 'personality disordered evil'
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Davy_RockHit214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Skipped ahead. How in the heck do people have time to read all of this? Sheesh
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You may want to check out the very "nice" groups on here. They swear that they will not be mean to anyone. You can connect with them and not be bothered by the "meanies" (although they are knowlegeable) and have a better experience here. The main board is for the strong of heart---and other things. :smile: