1000 pound club

Options
Is anyone at the 1000 pound club sum for the 3 big lifts? Bench Press+ Squat+ deadlift.

I will actually test myself next week to see if I am there.

Also what lifters are the strongest out of those three? It has been said that the strongest should be deadlift then squat then bench.

Replies

• natecooper75
    natecooper75 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1355 right now.

Bench: 365 lb
    Squat: 440 lb
    Deadlift:550 lb

My numbers aren't good for my current size, but I want to diet down some and maintain as close to these as possible. I would like to eventually compete in powerlifting and maybe strongman, but I have some work to do before I would feel comfortable competing.

I hope to be at 1505 by the end of the year.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "1000lb club??? There's a club now for the super morbidly obese???"

Then I read more...

Wow.

Impressive.

Do you have a job or do you just spend every waking moment in the gym? Or maybe you work at the gym... which is very convenient for workign out I would imagine.

Either way... Kudos to you for the dedication it took to get where you are. Good luck on your test!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1355 right now.

Bench: 365 lb
    Squat: 440 lb
    Deadlift:550 lb

My numbers aren't good for my current size, but I want to diet down some and maintain as close to these as possible. I would like to eventually compete in powerlifting and maybe strongman, but I have some work to do before I would feel comfortable competing.

I hope to be at 1505 by the end of the year.

I be pretty happy with those stats. Even more so at my weight goal.
  • natecooper75
    natecooper75 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was naturally strong growing up. I started weight training for football when I was in high school which is really one of the best times to get started because you body basically wants to grow. I was able to bench 365 in high school with very poor technique which caused me to develop a shoulder impingment. I only lifted off and on for the next 8 years or so. I started taking it seriously again a few years ago for health reasons.

I am happy with those numbers but I know I am capable of more. I would love to be able to hit a 2000 lb total at some point but I don't have the time to dedicate to it due to family and work obligations.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much my goal, but I am a far way from there. Bench: 190, Squat 290, deadlift 320. Need another 200 pounds. Maybe next year? Hopefully.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1100 however these were not done in a meet. Low 180's for BW. I hope to find out soon what I do in an actual meet, but I tend to like to get injured every two weeks so who knows. I would expect to clear 1000 in a meet.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to be one day, but that's a long way off.

Currently 578lbs is my best total is competition, 617 since then in the gym.

Strongest > weakest: Deads > Squats > Bench. I think that's pretty typical, although some people have squats and deadlifts quite close.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Strongest > weakest: Deads > Squats > Bench. I think that's pretty typical, although some people have squats and deadlifts quite close.

I would say that 1000 pound club for women makes them an elite lifter just off of the simple fact there not that much testosterone. I was gonna ask what would be the women range but then said I am sure some women want to get that strong.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

I would say that 1000 pound club for women makes them an elite lifter just off of the simple fact there not that much testosterone. I was gonna ask what would be the women range but then said I am sure some women want to get that strong.

I would say 1000lbs would make an elite female lifter too, although I don't know exact ranges of what's classed as elite or not. All I know it's it's been achieved before by women, and that's good enough motivation to get it myself someday. I'd like to get that strong regardless of strength standards of my sex.

I did work out that for a Wilks score of the same, (and at the same bodyweight, 154lbs) a man would have to total around 816. 1000lbs would be equivalent to around 1330.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Lol. I'm chasing the 500 lbs club. I doubt it's possible for me to hit 1k without some....ummm... Supplement help.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm at 850, although I think with my knee properly braced, I could eke out a 300# squat for one rep which would get me at 900.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Lol. I'm chasing the 500 lbs club. I doubt it's possible for me to hit 1k without some....ummm... Supplement help.

Remember the wisdom of Rick James.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I would say 1000lbs would make an elite female lifter too, although I don't know exact ranges of what's classed as elite or not. All I know it's it's been achieved before by women, and that's good enough motivation to get it myself someday. I'd like to get that strong regardless of strength standards of my sex.

I did work out that for a Wilks score of the same, (and at the same bodyweight, 154lbs) a man would have to total around 816. 1000lbs would be equivalent to around 1330.

This will show you your level according to your weight.
  • joe_piercey
    Options
    I've never been to a meet and I don't think I've ever attempted all 3 big lifts for max on the same day, but at 6' and 211lbs my current PRs are:
    Bench - 280
    Deadlift - 410
    Squat - 450

Maybe that don't count as they're attempted on completely different days. I've done as much as 305 on bench but having trouble getting back to it beacuse I'm trying to drop a few lbs of fat and don't have the fuel to go bigger.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My actuals are at 550 right now...not sure what a ORM would be. Right now I'm chasing a 250 deadlift...this definitely gives me a bigger goal to work towards.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    500 club here!

108 Bench
    173 Squat
    223 Deadlift

But these numbers are as of a few months ago, should be higher by now :)
  • mad_lifting_runner
    Options
    I just crossed back into the 700 club after some deload time in the sixes (250 squat, 105 shoulder press, 370 dead, all 5x5 except for deads which are 1x5 per session).

If I went for 1RM on each though, I'm pretty sure I could get into the nines.
  • dbmata
    Options
    bench not shoulder press.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    720 :grumble:

Squat: 245
    Bench: 135
    Deadlift: 340 (actually 341.5, but I'll round down)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Not even close. :sad:

Dead lifts: 120 pounds

Bench: 80 pounds

Squats: 85 pounds~probably be higher on this one, but I have to be careful with my knees, but so far so good.

You all are awesome!!! :drinker: