Got called Fatty :(

Options

Replies

• mandez19
    Options
    Last year while riding my bike home in a snowstorm from work some idiots drove by in a truck and called me a

F$*@#iNG RET@#*%RD

5 minutes later they drove by me helping someone who was DRIVING A TRUCK get unstuck from the snow bank on the side of a busy road (because they were in my way AND I like to help people if I can). I made eye contact with one of them as they drove by, which made me feel really good. Not sure how he felt. Don't really care.

Ultimately you are doing this for your own well-being. Keep your head held high.
  • determinedladybug
    Options
    Remember: you can always lose weight and still be a beautiful person, inside and out.
    That guy will still be a jerk, unhappy and ugly.

What she said :happy:

You cannot control other people, their reactions, their illnesses. You can only control yourself, your journey, your reaction. You know the hard work you have put into this. Be proud of your accomplishments.
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    People who yell out of their cars are trashy (unless it is in friendly greeting which this clearly wasn't). That person is probably sad and unhappy and feels the need to spread their negativity. Simply maintain your positive perspective and positive trajectory in your fitness plan, and rest assured that you do not have to be as unhappy as them or make others feel unhappy if you don't want to. Keep getting healthy mentally and physically!
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They're just jealous that you have the motivation to get out there and exercise and put hard work in and they don't.
  • Arcaenah
    Arcaenah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tell the idiots to get off the car and run with you.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OK, this is a man answer:

And, you care what they think, because?

Look, you'e the one who dropped 40 lbs, not the moron who yelled at you. Why do you care what he says does or thinks? You gonna change his attitude and force him to make nice? Don't think so.

You just keep on truckin. As the great philosopher Ron White once said, "You can't fix stupid."
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    :( people can really be *kitten*. Just ignore them, people who make themselves feel good by bringing others down are sad, lonely people. For every person out there being negative, there are more who admire your hard work.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most of us have had this happen to us at least once.

The bad news is it will probably happen again.

The good news is, it has literally nothing to do with you.

You've already come so far; don't let a few idiots trying to get their rocks off by being jerks bring you down. Just remember, you are doing this for you, not them. You'll probably never even see them again. If you really think about it, it's silly to change how you feel about yourself for someone who was in your life for all of 10 seconds, when you have to be you for as long as you live.
  • rdewald58
    rdewald58 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    While I may have waved both hands up in the air letting them know how they were number one, if you know what I mean, that may have gotten you in trouble, so this wouldn't be recommended. However, use that as motivation to keep going. I learned early on not to let situations like that ruin my workout and or what I was trying to achieve. I'm really self conscious, but am slowly getting my "mojo" back and feel great about myself. As you see progress, the motivation to keep going gets stronger and stronger.

Ignore the comments for now and be prepared for "Cat Calls" as you get closer to reaching your desired goal....
  • mandez19
    Options
    They probably threw garbage wrappers out their window on the next block too...
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    one time I was walking down a busy road and someone through a subway pop at me. People are harsh - don't worry about it just keep pushing
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just don't worry. You have accomplished a great milestone, I think 40 lbs is a Wonderful!!!! Forget about and keep on moving towards your goal. I am very proud of you????
  • TrulyBeee
    TrulyBeee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, some people are just idiots and we cannot control what they do. However, don't let their ignorance take away from your accomplishment. Congratulations so far! Keep it up.

I was called "Precious" (from the movie) once. It hurt but I took ownership on the proper definition of the word and ran with it. Gabby doesn't care -- why should I? Best wishes
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    They're an idiot. I really hate it (and yeah, as a 'fatty' maybe I'm a little bias here...) when people mock those who are overweight when they are *using their bodies* and *trying to do something about it*.

It's moronic and shows just how little intelligence they have - as well as human empathy.
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amen to that????
  • AngelaRoberta
    AngelaRoberta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Danged bullies...

“One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”
    ― Michael J. Fox
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    That happened to my daughter yesterday as she was walking to catch her bus...she shouted back, "I can diet, but you can't fix stupid!" Bless her little 11-year-old heart...
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    I was told the sight of me was enough to put this bloke off his drink. Your not a fatty. The arsehole that said that is ugly stupid and in a car while your killing it with an epic burn. Don't be deflated by ignorance. Live strong and happy. ????
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Some people are just so dispicable! Keep going at it, use it as your motivation.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    "A tiger doesnt lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."

Go - be a tiger :)