Got called Fatty :(

Options

Replies

• ssbobbyh
    ssbobbyh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    They are the people with the issues.

You're doing something constructive. Keep on keeping on.
  • Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Paula,

This is my first day here at MFP. I'm just getting started on this journey. If you've lost 40 lbs (a BIG congratulations to you on that by the way), you're doing FANTASTIC!! Don't allow what ANYONE else says derail you.

The world is full of ignorant, mean people. THEY are the ones that need help. Send them light and love and drop it!! You will feel better about it for not having let them get to you and for being the kinder person by wishing them well......Some day they will (most likely) be fighting the same battles that we are fighting today. Then they'll see how wrong, unfair, insensitive, mean etc., their comment to you was.

Stay the course!! All the best to you!!
  • tssomerville6113
    tssomerville6113 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dont Worry about what other think. If you are making progress on your healthier lifestyle , Dont Quit. People will always find something negative to say about people , get encouragement from support positive people. STAY POSITIVE AND KEEP TRYING !
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Paula, you are doing something about it, you are out walking! Ignore any stupid dumb remarks you get and just do what you are doing so well.
    We are right behind you! X
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When I see someone walking or running or biking, regardless of their size I think "yeah, get it!"

I don't understand why people have to be such pieces of *kitten* sometimes.

Sorry that happened to you OP. :flowerforyou:
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if someone says that I used to be fat, but if they say I am fat now (which really doesn't happen) I'd just tell them to go f*** themselves. I don't have any snarky response planned out.
  • sks972ca
    Options
    Consider the source. Anyone who'd yell that at a fellow human being doesn't deserve space on your mental hard drive.

Do what you do for you. No one else gets a vote unless you give them one.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Remember what an amazing job you've done and f*$! them! Some people are assh#$!s and karma will come back at them!
  • godswill206
    Options
    Walk with headphones on so you can focus on positive stuff. Don't stop doing you no matter what, particularly some stranger.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Next time, those mofos get the finger. Got it? They would yell something no matter what. Perfect illustration: one time I was walking with a friend in high school (we were a size 12 and a size 4 respectively) and some doofus yelled out his car that "You eat too much and you don't eat enough!"
  • Rachinator92
    Rachinator92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ****'m.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    "A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."

Go - be a tiger :)

I like this.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I see someone answered this: But you do need headphones and an mp3 player…if your not a techie do try to find someone to help out - dare to walk the same path & next time wear headphones.
    I used to get the opposite and guys would holler/whistle at me so I ranted to my aunt and lo and behold it stopped…significantly. I do not get cat calls with those things on and not too loud but a good listening volume..and ey you'll show them that you are LITERALLY not listening HEHE:flowerforyou:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I see someone walking or running or biking, regardless of their size I think "yeah, get it!"

I don't understand why people have to be such pieces of *kitten* sometimes.

Sorry that happened to you OP. :flowerforyou:
    THIS
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That says more about them than it does you! I bet they wouldn't say it to your face. Be proud of yourself, Mama. And hold your head high. People can be cruel. Don't even worry about it. You're awesome!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    People are ridiculous. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Punch them in the throat. Right in the throat,
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    ^^^^ Way to take up space. I love this. :laugh:
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So while you're a beautiful person full of goals and follow thru, who will a year or so from now, have achieved your goal, he will wake up on that same day, and on a good day for him, STILL be an *kitten*. Always and forever.