Options

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Here ya go. I obviously lost a bit more than hubby :laugh:

fatfatfat.jpg
    CindyLouisProm2012.jpg
    you guys look great! You are so beautiful!

Thank you so much. I love that some say I also look like I lost years along with the weight. Win win I say.
    YES, YOU BOTH LOOK YOUNGER AND SUPER AWESOME. ONCE I LOSE MY WEIGHT, I MIGHT GET CARDED AGAIN....LOL
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Me and my husband both started working on our weight in 2012 after the birth of our first son. My husband was approximately 240lbs and I was 260lbs. I don't have very many pictures of us at our heaviest. It seems we both avoided cameras around that time. I found MFP in late 2012, but didn't actually start using it until March 2013. My husband didn't start using MFP until May 2013. In 2013, I was able to get down to 170lbs before I ended up pregnant with our second child and my husband got down to 190lbs. We both gained a bit of what we had lost back while I was pregnant. So here's the up to date comparison:

~Best picture I have of my husband at his highest weight. The recent picture is actually in May right before the birth of our second.
    29m0lqw.jpg
    ~Best picture I have of me at my highest weight. The recent picture is from last week.
    Awesome work for you two. It is so great when your spouse or SO is in agreement and supports you! High five!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    tumblr_n54jdo3sJI1tr38v5o1_500_zpsf5bed145.jpg

Screenshot2014-07-05at45017PM_zpsb5086607.png

My SO and I have been together for 3.5 years now. We met on OkCupid after I had a bad car accident that killed my former fiance and I was honestly just looking for some kind of human connection. We started as friends, he wooed me with hot chocolate and fancy beer at the movie theaters and I kind of fell for him over time. He helped me work through a lot of anxieties. I probably wasn't "girlfriend material" when we met, but he never saw me that way. I was perfect to him.

We were both heavy when we met. He was probably 290. I was 300. We ate a LOT, nesting and all that. All of our dates revolved around food and eating. We would make an attempt here or there to cut back. It usually lasted a few days or weeks until one of us (read: I) would complain about my diet and he would buy me a pizza or something.

This January we celebrated our 3rd anniversary and I was fed up with myself. I was all the way up to about 325 and he was 305. Despite all our little efforts we were getting bigger. So we decided to try keto again and it seems to have stuck :)

I am now at 265 and he is at 250 and we are still losing strong. We support and motivate each other, talk about our insecurities and issues and keep each other strong whether it's a family get together or bad cravings.
    Freaking AWESOME. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    This is a great thread!

I never realised how much easier it is to lose weight and get fit as a couple, than it is on my own. Since meeting my fiance, we've both supported and encouraged each other. He's down 12kg and I'm down 11kg.

We both have a way to go yet, but I feel nothing but confident and excited about our ability to get there. When I'm tempted by junk food, the thought of having to tell him keeps me motivated and when he's tempted to make a bad food choice, I can step in and make us something healthy and this way it keeps us both on track. We eat the same dinner together every night, we exercise together at the weekend and we both celebrate each others' successes.

It's great to see couples getting healthier on here - even better is the smiles on their faces.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    All of you look wonderful! What inspiration and motivation! Keep them coming! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options

We are not primarily Longhorn fans by the way!

It's ok. Nobody's perfect ;)

You two look great and your progress is inspiring, so at least you have that going for you.
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    All of you are so inspiring!

My wife and I just started MFP together last week. We had our first child just over 2 months ago and we want to make sure we are healthy for him and for ourselves.

I'll have to convince her that we should put up a before and after pic when he time comes.
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, what amazing transformations. Great job all.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Still very much a work in progress, but my wife and I have lost a total of 50lbs between the two of us. Even though it's hard for me to see the change in myself.

May 2013
    20130518_160744.jpg

Aug 16 2014 - Before our first organized run! But not the last!
    14b70771-44e6-4985-9463-029bc3dfc5ed.jpg

I can see the change and you both look great.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby!! Almost 200 pounds lost btwn the two of us. I never could have done this without his support, we keep each other going :)

Teresa

2z69imt.jpg

Wow!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep up the sexiness! :drinker:
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Nothing but AWESOMENESS is in this thread.... You guys are soooooooooooooo inspiring.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of excellent motivation in this post! It's good to be married to someone who has the same priorities, goals and is determined to have the lifestyle to get there!
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Everyone here looks AMAZING!!! My mouth is still on the ground!! Great Job!!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't share pictures of anyone other than myself. In saying that though here are our stats. We started in December 2013. I have before & during in my profile.

SW
    CW
    GW
    My hubby
    muscular, whatever that looks like.
    Myself
    130-160
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Anymore couples that want to share their success :wink:
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can post when done!! Great pics all!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!