Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i just like em hung and dumb
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If this were true then there wouldn't be as big a push on guys to hit the gym so much, and reality would be a whole different story.

I've only ever met a small handful of couples where the woman was thin or fit with a guy with a belly in all my life. Its rare enough that it will turn peoples' heads in public. At least over here. If this survey was done in the UK then that is definitely more believable, but at least over where I am that's a fairy tale.

It seems in my experience that people get with people that are identical or near identical in fitness level.

interestingly enough... when a similar poll has been made for men, a lot of the men say they like a woman in the 25% body fat range, and yet, many women feel the pressure to be in the high teens. Why? Is it the men pressuring us? Is it society pushing us to fit a certain mold? Is it our own perceptions of what we think is attractive and our feelings that we don't fit the bill?

based on what I've seen... I'm leaning towards the last statement.

If you have a great personality, the body is less important. I know many women who are in great shape and their hubbies not so much, and the opposite holds true.

Could be - but from experience on both ends of the spectrum I will say that when a guy is sitting over about 22% body fat or so that his dating potential drops exponentially with each percentage point. Though of course its all about personal perception - I'd be very interested in seeing women in great shape with guys that aren't just to see it :)
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Women prefer bellies over 6-packs: Nah.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would say it is probably very likely because then the woman doesn't feel like she has to be super fit.

me on the other hand I prefer a 6 pack... Not that my hubby has one LOL
  • spkout2005
    spkout2005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Typical response,
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    face & hair > body
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If it's Millers Genuine Draft, I'll take the 6-pack.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    LMAO.

In all honesty I'd prefer a nice hairless six pack. Of course I've been married to a hairy man who only shaves his face once a month. Wish he'd spend time elsewhere. LOL
  • JohnBuscus
    JohnBuscus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oi m8 who give a fk there qite rite qite rite 6 pak or go bak 2 quebac there m8 ty 4 your interest
  • LouiseReach
    LouiseReach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want 6 packs.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You're more approachable when you're average shaped than in shape. If you're in shape it's like us approaching a really sexy girl...we would be scared to.

What he said
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think that many women would also say they would prefer to date a woman with a little more body fat than a Victoria's Secret model, even if that's not what they want for their own bodies. There's more perceived security and a little room to relax. (I also think a lot of women will eat more when together but suspect that men are not as affected overall-not on an individual level-by this.)
  • athleteguy777
    Options
    You're more approachable when you're average shaped than in shape. If you're in shape it's like us approaching a really sexy girl...we would be scared to.

Im never scared brah...ever