Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    if you are to be believed I must be taco bell.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I want to go back and eat like they do in the wild...To be an animal. ..

302qix4.jpg
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you to a certain extent, but for a lot of people, they just need to get started.

I know when I started out, I just restricted calories. That was it. And it worked for a while. But yeah, you get into it and realize that while that Big Mac is "only" 700 calories (or whatever it is), I'm freaking hungry again two hours later. So rather than spend 700 calories, I can spend 200 on some eggs and cheese, and I'll be satisfied for just as long, if not longer, and I'm getting so much more out of it.

People gotta figure this out on their own time. Some do, some won't.
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In to see how long this lasts!
  • nshannon4
    Options
    Define "healthy."

Well, if you actually need me to define "healthy" for you, then here it is:

adjective, healthier, healthiest.
    1. possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality:
    "a healthy body; a healthy mind."

That's how the dictionary defines. If that doesn't satisfy you, then my definition of healthy is being able to sleep restfully through the night, having the energy to make it through the day without needing to consume caffeine/sugar, pooping regularly, feeling positive, and happy, and knowing that, barring any chronic/unexpected diseases, you are going to look forward to long life.

If neither of those help you in your search for healthy, I'm not sure what will.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmxloiapfq1s1k3jho1_500.gif
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Hmmm. You are what you eat.

Guess I'mma bowl of count chocula. ♡ yum yum yum

wanna share that and I'll share my Milk Duds with you??

Yes plz:flowerforyou:

Then, we can have some

otonfa.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Troll? Now that's not nice.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You are what you spew out on the forums too. :flowerforyou:
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Obviously, losing the extra pounds is the first thing that is going to happen when converting to a healthy lifestyle, and it's mandatory in order to decrease the likelihood of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.

As someone who struggles to see the number on the scale go down I have to disagree about losing pounds being the first thing to happen. Since I've been ACTIVELY trying to lose pounds and actively doing bootcamp workouts I'm seeing the scale go up. It's not the eating... it's the muscle gain. It's a proven fact that muscle is going to weigh more than fat. My doctor and trainers have all said it's to NOT be concerned with the number on the scale.

You mentioned heart disease - what you're also failing to mention is that the risk of getting heart disease has more to do with your genes and hereditary. You can be as healthy as you want and still have heart disease. My mom passed away at age 58 due to heart disease and she was as healthy as could be - it runs in the family.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Then, we can have some

otonfa.gif

that would be perfect IF we could add bacon to it! Otherwise, I am falling for youuuuuuu!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I'm still skeptical that as long as all of the necessary nutrients are consumed in appropriate quantities my body can tell "where" those nutrients originated. I imagine that most people could use more fruits and vegetables in their diets, but since you glossed over what you said in the first place that set off this firestorm, I'm going to conclude it was excessive and unwarranted.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    if you are to be believed I must be taco bell.

I like you! :flowerforyou:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Then, we can have some

otonfa.gif

that would be perfect IF we could add bacon to it! Otherwise, I am falling for youuuuuuu!

I'll get it started

2rpwklz.gif:heart:
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I recently posted on a thread about someone who is having a hard time losing weight - upon looking at their diary, it showed that they consume a decent amount of processed, convenience, and fast foods. My advice was that they should consider really eating more fruits/veggies etc. I used the term "clean eating". Lo and behold, the inevitable comment came in response to my suggestion; I believe the exact quote was "Seriously, stop it. This is not helpful. It's not what the food is, it's overall calories and macros. As long as a person eats in a calorie deficit, the pounds will come off, it doesn't matter what the food being consumed is."

I am going to lose my mind if I hear or see this comment again! I realize that for so many people the goal is to shed pounds, and I'm all for that! Obviously, losing the extra pounds is the first thing that is going to happen when converting to a healthy lifestyle, and it's mandatory in order to decrease the likelihood of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. But that's not the point of all of this. Food can be the best, most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison. The point is to eat the foods that are going to keep you healthy for the rest of your life. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! Fresh produce, whole grains, unprocessed food, little or no refined sugar/ wite flours - THAT is how you lose weight, and get healthy.

It is dangerous and counterproductive to suggest that it doesn't matter what you put into your body. I expect backlash to this rant, and I welcome all you trolls to tell me that I'm wrong - but you ask any single expert, or even just a health conscious person out there and they will say the exact thing I've just said. No one can dispute this.

Only reading post who agree with YOU today, Hi5.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it's always going to come down to calories in verse calories out.
    eating healthy is a different topic.
    You said that you replied to a thread where the OP was complaining of not losing weight, so the answer To that usually comes back to calories in verse calories out. did that OP ask about opinions on eating healthy?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    BGI81.gif
    Lol.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Huh... person who doesn't agree w/ you = troll?

I've lost 73 lbs eating processed food within my calorie limit set by MFP. My most recent blood work came back indicating my iron went up, my blood count went up, my HDL is up and my LDL is down, and my blood sugar is around 5. So call me a troll.
  • BevRodriguez52
    Options
    I agree. It is so hard to maintain a low carb diet. I am not to use artificial sweeteners and I really don't like vegetables unless they care cooked. (preferably Southern style). You can see why I have almost 100 lbs to lose like a lot of people in Mississippi. How do you make food more appetizing? So far I have been using good wholesome organic foods, no preservatives, no antibiotics, no GMO, no gluten, no egg, no dairy, no peanut, no soy. I am really getting tired of chicken and I don't like salmon. HELP!!!