Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    I agree with the original poster. Bravo!

For example, recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners, while technically counting as zero calories, may cause spikes in blood sugar and lead to obesity, diabetes, and so forth. In this case, the math is not as simple as calories in/calories out and macros.

While I am not a clean eater or a champion of Paleo, there is much to be said in the research for a sensible diet primarily based on vegetables, lean protein, ,low-glycemic carbs, and some fruits.

I also say, in advance, that I am not sorry if anyone finds this "offensive" and engages in another ad infinitum, ad nauseam round of faux outrage,

I do not come here to instagram rainbows and puppies but to speak the frank truth.
    Warm regards,
    -G.e.C
    while the bolded may be true(I haven't researched it) it still comes down to consuming more cals than you use to gain Weight. I fact if you are in a deficit and your body does somehow store, it will still have to metabolize the equivalent plus your deficit to function.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but the bottom line is; sugar and processed foods cause inflammation. PERIOD. Inflammation causes a whole host of other problems including weight gain.

Inflammation of what?

My taste buds.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Unhappy, unhealthy, unfit person here checking in.

2ilixlj.gif

Sup there, my gelato princess?

Nuffin. Just #eatingclean

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif

Michael Jordan eats hot dogs, and Spongebob Thighgap eats chocolate... Hmmmm

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

2yl4ghx.gif
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BGI81.gif

Love this...:drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    "You are what you eat!" REALLY??

Cows eat grass and hay (They are still cows)
    Horses eat grass and hay (They are still horses)
    Robins eat worms (They are still robins)
    Moles eat worms (They are still moles)

I diet my way, you diet yours! To each his own!

today I'm a protein bar, no wonder I feel so chewed up

today I'm a banana, no wonder I feel so erect.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so.

I've lost 27lbs eating pizza and drinking mt dew....

And I applaud you for that. If it worked for me, believe me, I would still be doing it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You shoudn't be sorry!

I just 'tried' to have this conversation with someone - you get out what you put in. Eat poorly, workout half *kitten*, lose no weight, feel bad, then give up! Eat better, kick a&& workouts, lose weight, feel great, keep going - increase your health outlook!

I admit, we all reach this point in our own time but don't knock it until you try it!

hmmm...what about the combo of eating "ok", having kick-*kitten* workouts, losing body fat, feeling great, continuing to succeed?

15rgvwk.gif

Yes. It happened to me. True story!!

On the subject of "clean eating". I wash my fruits and veggies. I eat cheeseburgers and fries. I eat ice cream and other 'processed' goodies pretty much on a daily basis. I weigh all of my food (except those prepared from 3rd party sources). In 10 months I lost 58 lbs, went from Obese to Overweight, regained my periods (which were something I'd have maybe 3 times a year if I was lucky), and was able to finally conceive my 2nd child. I've been monitored by my doctor through the ENTIRE process too, and my blood panels are perfect.

Calorie deficit & moderation of all foods. That's what I did. Am I unhealthy? Nope, not one bit according to all my blood work and my doctors (GP & OBGYN).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

2yl4ghx.gif

tumblr_mlp8veniTO1r0y8j6o1_500.gif
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    "You are what you eat!" REALLY??

Cows eat grass and hay (They are still cows)
    Horses eat grass and hay (They are still horses)
    Robins eat worms (They are still robins)
    Moles eat worms (They are still moles)

I diet my way, you diet yours! To each his own!

today I'm a protein bar, no wonder I feel so chewed up

today I'm a banana, no wonder I feel so erect.

I'm eating frozen yogurt from the clearance section. I guess that makes me cheap.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What if I just like it when my BF calls me a dirty eater? A dirty, dirty, bad eater...

awesome_to_the_max.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so.

I've lost 27lbs eating pizza and drinking mt dew....

And I applaud you for that. If it worked for me, believe me, I would still be doing it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVs8SntCgOgKlcXX-oYflpDZD4jAqrlh2IhkZgVieAPGZZPI0t4A
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

if you burn more than you consume....you will.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.
    your issue is that you cant seem to keep your cals below your burn.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.
    tumblr_lxuyrspehO1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.

Am I new to this site? No. I started a new account recently when I decided to change my lifestyle/eating habits after I had my last child.

So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so. Hah. Yeah I don't think so. I am not saying calories are not important. If I believed that I wouldn't count them religiously. But I am not going to sit here and say that they are the only thing that affects weight loss. You seriously don't believe carbs, sugar, sodium and fat have anything to do with weight loss? I am sorry, but I call BS. And I am not crying the blues about "what I've been through", so spare me your condescending crap. If you can eat complete garbage and lose weight then I applaud you. That is fantastic! And I envy you. Unfortunately, I can't do that. So basically I am done here. Thanks for your kind words. Really was the icing on top of a lovely day.

you have GOT to be kidding me.

was i mean? was i bullying?

i get the feeling you are one of those people who loves to play the victim.

if you think what i posted was condescending, please refrain from any other online forums. you need a thicker skin, sweetie.

if you want people to shower you in glitter and unicorn hugs and "way-to-go"s, you have come to the wrong place.

those links i posted are VERY helpful and written by people who have had great success here.

i wish you all the best on your weight loss journey and hope you find success in it, however that may be.

You, sir, are condescending. Calling me "sweetie" did nothing but justify that. Did I refer to you as a bully? No. Do I enjoy playing the victim? Not a chance. I don't need your links, so that was a waste of time on your part. I have done my own research, thank you. I am doing what works for me. You are doing what works for you. I never claimed to be a clean eater. I am also not interested in shoving my opinions down anyone's throat. To each their own.

The thickness of my skin is just fine, thank you.

I am not going to battle it out with some random stranger on a public forum any longer. I need to maintain a balanced diet in order to successfully lose weight. Do I sometimes splurge and eat a slice of pizza instead of a salad? Of course I do. But If I did that every day, I would fail. That is it. If you want to continue arguing with me over what works for my body then feel free. But I have other things to do. Like my workout, for example! Like you said, calories in/calories out, right? As for the glitter/rainbows/unicorn comment? hahaha....yeah....you have me figured out! Am I that transparent? hahahaha....Good day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Cannibals are what they eat *shrug*

literally. (legit use of that word FTW)
  • djbarriger
    djbarriger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Balance in everything is everything!

Eat the processed goodies, and enjoy for your taste-buds. Eat the fresh naturals, and enjoy for your body!

We really can have it all (in moderation)!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

2yl4ghx.gif

tumblr_mlp8veniTO1r0y8j6o1_500.gif

2hg4b4w.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

2yl4ghx.gif

Homer_and_donuts.gif
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I agree with the original poster. Bravo!

For example, recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners, while technically counting as zero calories, may cause spikes in blood sugar and lead to obesity, diabetes, and so forth. In this case, the math is not as simple as calories in/calories out and macros.

While I am not a clean eater or a champion of Paleo, there is much to be said in the research for a sensible diet primarily based on vegetables, lean protein, ,low-glycemic carbs, and some fruits.

I also say, in advance, that I am not sorry if anyone finds this "offensive" and engages in another ad infinitum, ad nauseam round of faux outrage,

I do not come here to instagram rainbows and puppies but to speak the frank truth.
    Warm regards,
    -G.e.C
    while the bolded may be true(I haven't researched it) it still comes down to consuming more cals than you use to gain Weight. I fact if you are in a deficit and your body does somehow store, it will still have to metabolize the equivalent plus your deficit to function.

Fair enough, I think the research might be inconclusive on the point you raised as well as somewhat relative to the individual (e.g. diabetics/glucose-intolerats).

However, if you are not eating vegetables and fruits there's a good chance your body lacks sufficient micro-nutrients for optimal function. I think that gets lost in the "eat what you want" camp. It is not just pounds on the scale.

Health is not a mirror selfie,
    -G.e.C