so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Just finished Munroe Randall's "What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions". Very entertaining read, the author is a former NASA scientist who started doing a web comic instead.
    I need to read that! xkcd is hilarious!

Im currently reading this...really entertaining....especially the wierd and worrisome questions...ha!
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    time for a good book !!?? have to laugh !! dylan , my son , keeps telling me that i have more books than a used book store and to tell you the truth i do believe he's right.... my boss is an avid reader so we do trade books..., !!
    bump !!
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Reading "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, I loved "Ocean at the End of the Lane" and a few others by him....

as for Gone Girl... loved the first 3/4 of the book absolutely despised the end
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • Fitdoge
    Fitdoge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't read anything nearly as fancy and intellectual as a lot of these books everybody mentions - but gosh did I enjoy reading Skulduggery Pleasant. The whole series in 4 days. Best book marathon I have had in a long while.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like reading relaxing brainless kind of stuff. I am a Professor and am always reading texts, theory as well as research so sitting down with a relaxing brainless book is just down time for me.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I saw this mentioned in one of the forums recently and the title caught my fancy. Just started to read and like what the author is saying so far! Lynn Grabhorn's "Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting; the astonishing power of feelings".
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I read a wide variety of books, so I'm loving the ideas this thread has given me. Right now, I'm re-reading Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series - I'm on the fourth book, Cruel and Unusual. There are a ton of other books on my list, too, that I can't wait to get to.
  • lornaholden2005
    Options
    The Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon I've read them before but the recent TV show has re peaked my interest!
  • emmietoby
    Options
    Gone Girl is awesome, and I just started Eleanor and Park which is a YA novel and is great so far.

just saw an ad for "gone girl" they have made a movie out of it....wondering if it would be worth it to go see it? most of the time the movie isn't as good as the book.
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just starting Grapes of Wrath, for the first time.

I loved that book, hope you enjoy it. Tremendous story, beautifully written.
  • melody842
    melody842 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    completed EXPERIMENT IN TERROR SERIES by karina hale
    though romance horror is not my genre im glad i picked it
    and its awesome.

if u have the book in ur TBR list u have to give this series a try. its worth it!!

team dex and perry <3
  • melody842
    melody842 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    eleanor and park is one of my fav books!! it really captured the beauty of first love.it gave me warm fuzzies while reading it
  • emmietoby
    Options
    it's me!! bump
  • boxfitliftmo
    Options
    The Pilgrim and enjoying it so far ;~)
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bump--keep it going!!
  • boyd1977
    boyd1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just picked up If I Stay from the library. Excited to get started on it!
  • WWbuffydo
    WWbuffydo Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I reading a book called 'fearless' , it's a children book but it's by an author i used to love as a kid (who am I kidding, I still love her!). It's full of fantasy and magic and all that good stuff. I'm also re-reading the princess bride and the catcher in the rye, two of my all time favorites.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just finshed Doctor Sleep,the beginning of the book was slightly disturbing if you are super sensitive like me but I really enjoyed the book!
    Have any of you read The Fever series by Karen Moning? That series gave me such a book hangover, I couldn't read any other series for a while! ????????