In Ketosis, but I didn't intend to be...

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm looking for educated advice or perhaps links to send me to some further reading on the subject. If you jump in with the dogmatic "eat more carbs" nonsense, I'll boot you from the thread. I have internet, I know how to use it, and I'm looking for more advanced input than what I can get from Yahoo Answers.

Okay, so last week I discovered that my body is in a state of ketosis. I know this because I have ketones in my urine; it's not a guess. I do not eat a keto-diet! While I stay Paleo, my macros are generally 50, 30, 20 for fat, carb, protein, respectively, give or take 10% on any of those. This isn't a ketogenic diet! So what the heck could be going on?

I'm NOT diabetic, nor do I have blood sugar/kidney problems that could cause ketogenesis.

So.... what do ya'll think?

It could be ketogenic for YOUR body depending on how active you are.

If you are very active, then it is possible that those ratios are ketogenic for you and wouldn't necessarily be for the next person; such as myself.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    IN4 getting "the boot"

OP?

36cc5_ORIG-waiting_for_op.jpg

LMAO!!!!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm looking for educated advice or perhaps links to send me to some further reading on the subject. If you jump in with the dogmatic "eat more carbs" nonsense, I'll boot you from the thread. I have internet, I know how to use it, and I'm looking for more advanced input than what I can get from Yahoo Answers.

Okay, so last week I discovered that my body is in a state of ketosis. I know this because I have ketones in my urine; it's not a guess. I do not eat a keto-diet! While I stay Paleo, my macros are generally 50, 30, 20 for fat, carb, protein, respectively, give or take 10% on any of those. This isn't a ketogenic diet! So what the heck could be going on?

I'm NOT diabetic, nor do I have blood sugar/kidney problems that could cause ketogenesis.

If you are very active, then it is possible that those ratios are ketogenic for you and wouldn't necessarily be for the next person; such as myself.

Evidently this thread stopped being about ketosis a LOOOONNNGGG time ago!
    Perhaps 14 or 15 pages back!
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hc2MRud.jpg
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh goodie, this is still going....
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi

Evidently this thread stopped being about ketosis a LOOOONNNGGG time ago!
    Perhaps 14 or 15 pages back!

We couldn't have possible done something like this, could we?

1404434846356.gif

But we're not abandoning ship until...

73a.png
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    Oh goodie, this is still going....

giphy.gif
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like you got so many responses to this query that I can't check them all to see if anyone has said this yet, but if you are losing weight, however you are doing it, fat burning produces ketones. If you drink more water the concentration of them in your urine will be less by dilution, but it's okay to be mildly ketotic, the key word being MILDLY, as long as you drink plenty of water to flush them from your system. You don't want them to accumulate in your body because that can create acidosis which is a state of imbalance that can ultimately lead to your demise. But you would know something was wrong if you have water hunger have altered level of consciousness, lethargy. Those are all late signs, by the way. Just keep an eye on the balance of carbs and proteins. If you have any kind of alteration in kidney function, ketosis will be worse and could make you sick. Hope this answers the question and someone else has said something similar.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1QOK9vaDRFo7CE0hQh87P3-fvePPJe-NFFCcSWKNq6fq4Iz3GWw
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScq4QGbD-L4LPF9VgLlPVDlK8TlVf3QeAJaQITpzNuy1Mv0FBu
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVt9aBCIku29QxaOQQzdp9k9AUzf3N1goFapXwXfTtCiHPvRM0aA
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    OP is all like 'I got greasy pee, that's all that matters':

30kyvie.gif
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaxelKjgjXAH-K-TGMZiCBxHBCDfQEvOQIEFNrZrZzvkk1I0Pd
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options

awwww does that mean we are done? But OP is coming back any second now I'm sure of it!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

awwww does that mean we are done? But OP is coming back any second now I'm sure of it!

Oh no you don't. We're staying until this thing rolls!

Fra5prg.gif
  • mcpostelle
    Options

Fra5prg.gif

Oh! Yummy Sherlock! Thanks for the coffee, dearie!:wink:
    200.gif

Just waiting for OP....

giphy.gif
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options

Fra5prg.gif

Oh! Yummy Sherlock! Thanks for the coffee, dearie!:wink:
    200.gif

Just waiting for OP....

giphy.gif

I hear she's at the doctor
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Please just hurry up and get to 500. I am tired of seeing this one jump up to the top.

Hmm...I might have to go political for this one.

Obama.....for him or against him?
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Jerk.:wink:

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    Please just hurry up and get to 500. I am tired of seeing this one jump up to the top.

Hmm...I might have to go political for this one.

oh no you don't!