40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I'm not new to the site, but new to this thread! I'm 44 years old - and trying to lose about 40 pounds. I lost 20, and then over a few years gained it aaallllll back. :/ Anyhoo.....I've been faithfully logging for only about 20 days, and happy to report that it is becoming a habit. Now I am trying to incorporate exercise - but I have a HELLISH schedule - so I really need to seriously make effort to get it in.

I started trying to get in 20 minutes of cardio at 5:00 in the morning before work.......and then last night I stepped on a piece of glass which is making walking a bit painful - but it'll heal quickly I think. It's not a major cut.

Anyway - feel free to add me as a friend, and don't be surprised to get a friend request from me......I need some more active friends. :)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!

I've got a cold :( Still managed to go to our block party planning meeting though left early. Josie's still suffering from the "I wants" and stubborn in general. Joy. My husband keeps letting her take sips of his soda since he'd rather keep the peace. He won't listen to me. Grr...Missed the gym but managed a walk.

Larro and Jeff - I highly recommend quinoa ( superfood ) instead of rice . I personally don't care for wheat rice or wheat pasta. I haven't been able to find a better option for pasta yet. Don't care for spaghetti squash. Though I do eat potatoes ( mostly sweet) and wheat bread. ***Just a note don't try gravy on wheat bread it's just nasty. LOL. The quinoa my husband will even eat which is surprising. I don't call what I do low carb I just try to make healthier choices since I was diagnosed pre-diabetic in 2009. Though my sugar is good now.

Sdereski - What a lovely view from your Inn. We stayed in one in Lexington Virginia twice. Loved it. Had these private little porches we could drink our coffee on. Of course that was before kids came along.

Carmel - I did go ahead and delete a few people the other day. Another I have in common with Larro is getting on my nerves whining after all her bad choices blaming stress. LOL. We will see. I keep trying to be supportive.

Hope everyone else had a good day. Weekends coming up
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!

Carmel - I did go ahead and delete a few people the other day. Another I have in common with Larro is getting on my nerves whining after all her bad choices blaming stress. LOL. We will see. I keep trying to be supportive.

I had never paid her much attention, since I'm always in a rush. But after looking at her wall, I see she has 2725 friends, so I doubt she would notice if you flushed her. I never turn down a FR, but I don't like to be 'collected' either.

Larro
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kids!! :drinker:

kate, hope you feel better soon. My daughter just told me my granddaughter has strep throat. :cry:

KS, sounds like Jake is ready to get on that school bus!!! Cute!!!

Jenni, stepped on glass!! Ouch!!! I am also struggling with fitting exercise in. You have to do what you have to do. I hope to keep up with my early morning workouts. This too shall pass. Lately I have really been concentrating more on eating healthy.

And speaking of eating healthy, I try my best to keep the carb loading at bay since it gets me bloated, etc. Like Larro I try to eat mostly veggies with lean protein and healthy fats. Yes, I sin from time to time but those moments tend to get me in trouble so lately I have tried to just completely avoid them.

nickpnh, when is the big 40 celebration??? :drinker:

Good night!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options

Had a wonderful "date" with my granddaughter. She did a nice long bike ride again. She was so cute, as I was about to head home, she looks at me, all serious and says "nonna, when you drive home be careful not to hit any animals so they won't die. You have to drive around them." :laugh: Guess she sees a fair bit of road kill on the roads.

She didn't go to dance when I was away. She told me she was "scared". Later on in our walk, we met up with a young girl that mentioned she was afraid of the dogs that lived in a nearby house. Esme pipes up and says "you know, it's okay to be scared sometime". :heart:

Workout scheduled with my g/f at lunch today. Missed booty class last night because of my "date".
    Bridge tonight which means dessert, so need to be extra careful today.

Sdereski, granddaughters are so much fun!!!! No offense Jake!!! Too cute!!!!:love:

Booty class???? :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Jett68
    Jett68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks Larro!
  • Jett68
    Options
    Kate, I hope you feel better soon. ????
  • Jett68
    Options
    Nick, I'm glad you are feeling better! It sound to me like you're back on track, just don't over do it.
    ????I'm always up for a good party! ????
  • alf1163
    Options
    HAVE AN AWESOME FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • Kate7294
    Options
    Hey Kid's!

Day 100 of logging today! Yeah me! LOL

Larro - Must be a different person she only has 42. I'll try keeping her a little longer.

Jeff and Alf - Thanks it's not too bad so far. Just a little cold.

Hope everyone else is well. Off to eat some cereal. Need a grocery store trip soon.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Evil scale dared to go up after I stayed under my calories (which never happens) and I walked twice as much as a normal day.
    Kate - feel better
    Everyone TGIF!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

xcgrBrecA.gif

did a power walk this morning and am so, so glad it's Friday! Hubby and I are going to try to do something tomorrow after my hair appointment. He is still in a lot of pain so we'll see how he's feeling tomorrow. Sunday is a birthday party for my friend's 3yr old son- it was supposed to be a couple of weeks ago, but their whole family has been sick for several weeks and are all finally starting to feel better. We are also doing a movie afternoon with all of our friends after the party. Busy, busy!!

Have a good one all!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Kids,

Happy 460 of logging for me.....whohoooooooooooooo

My muscles were so incredibly tight yesterday my trainer and I agreed to give myself a couple of days and resume training on Saturday. My girlfriend is taking me to a vegan restaraunt later and I can not find any of their food on MFP. I hate guessing but I will do my best to be as accurate as I can.

Kate--glad you are coming along and happy 100

Nick--I hate the scale. It could be water weight.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning all. I've done my AM workout and had breakfast, but nothing else. I have a wedding tomorrow and their lockout to decorate is tonight, so I'll be going in to work just after noon. I've had too many weekends off, so it's good to get back in the groove.

The health and wellness program at work got off to a good start. There was nearly 150 women there for Zumba the 1st night. And no, I don't Zumba. I don't even run when caught in the rain, so jumping around in public is more than my fragile id, ego and super-ego could handle.

Happy 100 Kate.

Kelly Sue, if that frog was walking on a crutch, I would say that I had ate one of his legs the other night. But it must have been some other frog.

Caramel, I heard a report on NPR about the high % of folks getting hurt doing crossfit. Be careful and don't injure yourself. The slow and steady route is best for me.

Nick, think long term. And as crazy as it sounds, the best thing for water weight is to drink lots of water.

Everyone else, a big Good Morning to you. Have a good one,

Larro
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Was in training all morning - it was actually a very interesting class. It was all about Change Management, a topic that really interests me for some reason. LOL. So, I never get tired of talking about it. Weird, I know. :laugh:

Another crazy, busy day for me yesterday. Doesnt seem to be enough hours in my day, these days.
    I did buy a new iron and got all my bedding ironed. Now, to get the room made up again and clean the bathroom...so, I'll be ready for the next unexpected guests.

Bridge last night was good. I started to feel real achy and chilled. Was worried I was coming down with something nasty, however, I think my body was just tired because I woke up feeling fine. :happy:

Am hosting an Alzheimer's Coffee Break at my home this evening. Wine will also be served. :wink:

Tomorrow is dance day for my granddaughter. Let's hope it goes well. I don't want her to be terrified, but I do want her to feel more comfortable socializing. Her mother suffers from severe shyness and does not go out socially or have any friends other than her mother. Such a shame because she is a beautiful, smart, kind, loving young lady. Her shyness is a real barrier for her and I don't want that for my granddaughter. Esme seems like a very social child, however, she really doesn't play a whole lot with other kids, preferring to play with mom. Sigh.

Not sure I am going to get a workout in, but I will be busy. Eating has been okay this past while, which has been a salvation. No loss, but no gain either. :ohwell:

Welcome new kids! Our group is GROWING! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,953 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the consistent loggers! BOOM!

I got a workout in today....at a beautiful gym in downtown vancouver. I lifted and lifted.

Am spent and waiting at the airport. To eat lunch. Then to fly home. I am tired.

My heavy-travel september is OVER.

October is about dropping the five lbs i have put on, lol.

Have a great friday everyone!
  • Kate7294
    Options
    Hey kids!

Not much going on here. I just deleted a guy. Didn't realize married people used this site to hook up. I'm innocent by the way. LOL. He wasn't my type anyway. Actually was asked for opinions by one friend today. So I freely gave her my input. Felt good to be honest though we'll have to see if she takes some of the suggestions by any of us seriously or not. "We tend to be our own worst enemies".

Anyway check back later.
  • alf1163
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is super quiet here today!!!! It has been a rainy day in San Antonio. We really need it. It hardly rains here. :grumble: So I did a long workout this morning, at home of course, and took some time to do some foam rolling. I did some cleaning, mostly the kitchen. I am going to color my hair now. Hopefully I get to sit down some tonight with my husband and watch a movie or TV. I hardly do that!! Although I need to work on some Zumba choreography. :huh:

Beeps, I am sure you will drop those pounds in no time!!!! The fall months are very tricky for me. This is when I start baking and tasting a lot and there are goodies showing everywhere I go. I need to stay focused.

Caramel, how did you do at the Vegan restaurant. Vegan is not always healthy. I hope you found something good for you.

Well I better get to continue with my chores!!!! Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kate7294
    Options
    Hey kids!

So still fighting this cold. Josie's suffering from the "I wants!" and my husband tried to break a piece of wood with his foot yesterday. Listened to him moan last night worrying about "how it might be broke" "He'd never had a sprain hurt that bad before". Fetching him ice packs, and wrapped it. This morning he's outside shooting his slingshots again. I told him to stay off of it but no. He better not whine tonight. Stubborn! Barely seen my teenager this weekend. He's been moody lately and it's triggered his eczema.

Well I need to get moving. More dishes to wash, laundry to fold, and veggies to chop. Pot roast tonight. Happy Sunday! I'll check back later.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I have a family reunion at work today. Had a wedding reception last night and a teen birthday party Friday night. I had so many weekends off during the summer doldrums, these late nights and early mornings are kicking my butt. I didn't get in my AM workout yesterday and had to depend on walking for my calorie burns. I put in 3 miles {41 minutes @ 4 1/2 mph} but it wasn't a very big burn at all. I did get half of my regular AM workout in before work, then I walked 2 miles {27 minutes @ 4 1/2 mph} once I got here. I won't be real late today, so I can get in the rest of my workout tonight. {and after eating lunch with the family reunion folks, I will need every bit of it} My hat is off to you guys who have full time jobs, plus kids, and still find time to work out. I am blessed to have the easy going life I do.

I have been watching yesterday's Nationwide race on my laptop using Dish Anywhere, and with 11 laps to go, it just decided I had seen enough. I'll turn it off and on, then see if I can watch the end of the race. I also have the Camping World Truck race from last night to watch before today's Sprint Cup race comes on. I had recorded them with the thought of watching last night, but the FSU game was such a near death {in the championship race meaning of the word} experience that I just couldn't get into the races. I ended up watching other football games and spending too much time on Tomahawk Nation.

Kate, I hope you can kick your cold. Did your husband kick a piece of wood on purpose, or was it an accident? I have a Taekwondo class that meets here at the Civic Center on Monday nights, and there is always at least one person who comes limping up to the office to ask for a bag to put ice in when they are breaking boards. So far we haven't had any major injuries. {knocks on wood}

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Larro