so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump!! your turn............
  • emmietoby
    Options
    it seems that there are a lot of readers !!! bump...
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmietoby
    Options
    howdy to all...... what!! no one is reading ????? bump. smiles!!
  • emmietoby
    Options
    super bump....
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ...The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

I'm now getting ready to dig my teeth into In the Garden of Beasts - also by Erik Larson.

These were just recommended to me. :) I'm sure I'll get my hands on them soon.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (probably 8th read through). After that it's Take Me With You (lit fic) for book club, then The Infinite Sea (sci fi), or maybe I'll read The 5th Wave again before diving into The Infinite Sea (it's book 2).

(I use parenthesis too much)
  • Takmeorleavme
    Takmeorleavme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Martian by Andy Weir was an awesome read. SciFi, yes, but I have a hard time saying its SciFi only because it feels so present. It doesn't feel like its a book written 100 years from now or something that would never realistically happen. It feels like it is the story of Apollo 13 but set on Mars and is one of the smartest books I've read in a while.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Maze Runner. I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie!
  • emmietoby
    Options
    ready for a new book any good ones out there !!?? bump
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Driven Trilogy by K. Bromberg!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I am loving it. I read her other two novels Gone Girl and Sharp Objects. If you like murder mystery I recommend them.
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    Trying to finish up "Jo's Boys" It's a part of the Little Women trilogy. Trying to decide what I want to read next, I'm either going to start on the "Divergent" trilogy or "Through Violet Eyes" trilogy (I've read the first book on that one).
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    The witching hour by Ann Rice.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Troika by Adam Pelzman. I also just picked up a few from the library:
    Ideas That matter by A.C. Grayling
    Arguably - Essays by Christopher Hitchens
    and Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Sartre
  • TheresaReiter
    TheresaReiter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Read "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" by Katherine Howe. I really enjoyed it! If you're into history, fantasy, and romance and a story set in 2 time periods this book is for you! From back cover: Salem, Massachusetts, 1681. Fear and suspicion lead a small town into unspeakable acts. Marblehead, Massachusetts, 1991. A young woman is about to discover that she is tied to Salem in ways she never imagined. :happy:
  • emmietoby
    Options
    thanks for the ideas !! bump
  • SchwenLarson
    Options
    Privilege Waived - Part 2: Remember Me? By Dominic Casey
  • MaryTate79
    Options
    I have been going through the John Green books. An Abundance of Katherine's and Finding Alaska were good. I have not read The Fault In Our Stars yet, but I am about to start on Paper Towns. :-)
  • sarahtsabo
    sarahtsabo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just started the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It's airing now on Starz, but I bought the kindle book on a whim. It's unbelievable! I'm so happy that there are 7 more in the series!