Back To basic

Options

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been really busy at work I was out sick monday & tuesday so playing catch up!
    I took a sneak peak at the scale this morning and I think it moved!!!! :glasses:
    So tonight is LAST CHANCE WORKOUT NIGHT!! So Marci put that DVD in! Karen have a really good workout and a great BDAY weigh in that will definately make for a happier bday! BTW What grade do you teach??
    Nicole No more pizza for you!! lol j/k drink tons of water today and workout that should make for a ok weigh in!
    I am actully looking forward to weighing in in the morning and it BETTER say what it said today! :devil: I am going to stay as low as possible on calorie intake today and sodium and for sure workout tonight I NEED for that scale to show me something tomorrow! I did take measurments last weekend but I am never 100% sure they are correct (hard to remember the exact same place you took them before) BUT I think I lost 3 more inches in my tummy!! :bigsmile:
    I will do everything i can to motivate you guys and all my MFP friends becasue by doing so I AM MOTIVATED!! So happy to do so!:flowerforyou:
    DENEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!! You are worrying us girl!

Oh I also wanted to mention IF you ever look at my diary and see a lot of seasoning being used (well right now it's kind of the same ones over and over) pay attention to what they are BECAUSE I am using them for a reason! I :heart: Dr. Oz and watch his show like I am in class! Also The Doctors and when they mention things like use paprika for health reasons I then start googling and binging all over the place :tongue: and research the benefits. I want to do every little thing as well as the big stuff to get this done not only lose weight but better my health in general. I think it is a mid life crisis or something but hey whatever works right!? :laugh:
    Have a great workout tonight and an even better weigh in tomorrow! No Matter What The Scale Says Just Keep Going!! :drinker:
    Jena
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning team, how is everyone this morning, I am pretty tired, but its my own fault if I would learn to put phone down and quit playing scrabble with different people from around the usa then I would be fine, but no I insist on having 4 games going at one time.,.

I was up in weight this morning by 8oz.. Not gonna let it get to me, my body may be trying to find its happy weight, I feel pretty at what I look like, no biggies..I am also still sore from lifting on Wed with trainer and I am still really congested, so I am not gonna let it get to me.. 8 oz is not alot..!!

I will enjoy pizza for lunch with my hubby today and then I will have a salad for dinner, amber and I plan on doing zumba tonight at 6, but it seems that nothing ever works out the way it was planned!! So I will do something this evening at the gym.. To counter act the pizza.. But I am enjoying my meal.. No doubt about that..

Well I had raisin bran crunch instead of oatmeal this morning I have been craving it so I finally gave in.. Its ok I have spin on the agenda for an hour this morning and then going back after I drop kids off to lift weight with trainer for about 45 minutes.. So I am gonna be good, she also made me some peanut clusters, will have one and pass the rest on to family.. thats my promise to ya'll.. I will let you know how I did, after the day is over..

I hope everyone has a good weigh in and send me messages, please dont put it on here.. I mean you can put it on here for everyone to see but not for me to catch send me an message if you want it in the chart.. Thanks Tamara
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey all...I just maintained this week...I am bummed. I did just start working out on Wednesday after being sick for so long and I did have TOM this week. I'm hoping that has something to do with it.

I did however lose and inch off of my wasit and hips (haven't measured my arms yet) and I joined the YMCA last night so am really focused.

I hope you all have a great weekend (and weigh in!)

LET'S ALL STAY THE COUSE!!!!! FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sucks, sucks, sucks! Oh and goodmorning everyone!

I am UP 1/2 lb again this week! That's all I have to say for now! :explode:
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Eveyone
    I forgot to weigh this morning:mad: . My husband and I slept in and were rushing out the door to work and I remembered. Needless to say I had not time to go back. I was excited I had a great night yesterday. I started running again for the first time since October. It was only 20 minutes, but I don't want to over to it and stress my ankle. I was going to do my 30 Day shred last night, but we had to pack for the weekend and clean the house, so just did my jumping jack and 50 situps. Normally I would just do nothing, but I am glad I did.
    This weekend will be my first real challenge, we are going to visit friends and there is normally a lot of eating out and drinking and little activity. I am going to try my best to make smart choices, especially since I have to weigh in on Monday!!
    Kerry-Maintaining is much better than gaining and obviously you are gaining muscle is you are losing inches!! Yeah for that:happy:
    Tamara-Have a great lunch with the hubby and enjoy what ever work out fins

To everyone else have a marvelous Friday and fantastic weekend!!
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Hey guys,
    One of our members that wanted to join our team is not very computer savvy and is having a hard time finding her way back to our thread. I have sent her the link. She said she tried adding others at her friends, but must have done something wrong. The only 2 on her friends list is me and Tamara. Could the rest of you please send her a friend request. Her username is jeanne1949. She is doing great on her journey but needs alot of support and motivation.

Thank you guys.

Nicole...have fun on your trip.
    Tamara...hope you had a wonderful lunch. And you are so right not to sweat a 8oz gain. You are probably just pure muscle now!
    Rupi...Where are you?
    Deneen....Please come back!
    Bobbie...I miss your post....come back soon!
    Kerri...good job on maintaining. You are doing great....just keep it up.
    Karen...hope you actually got to teach your class today and hope you saw a drop on the scale.
    Jena....congrats on your loss! You rock girl!

Anyone else I missed...sorry....Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Sorry you ladies didn't have the best weigh in today :frown: But It is OVER! We now have 7 whole days to what we can to make next friday a great weigh in day! :flowerforyou:

I maintained last week but down 2 lbs this morning and since it has said that consistently for a few days I believe it to be true!! :tongue: I was a little disappointed that I am STILL in the 80's :noway: but straight up and down 180 so I am going to be as strict as possible with diet and exercise this coming week so I can get out of the freakin 80's already geesh!

So still on track for our mini challenge of 175 by end of feb! :drinker:
    I have a huge motivation factor going for me to make that goal. About 5+ yrs ago a lady requested to be my friend on myspace. She was the ONLY person I had or really have ever added to my myspace or facebook that I didn't know personally in some way.
    But since we have become really good friends so much so we forget we have never met! Anywhooo she is coming to cali end of february for a few days so I want to lose as much as I can by then. She is a really pretty lady and well you know how us women are not that I think, she cares how I look, but I will care how I feel so the lower the better! :bigsmile:
    Have an awesome weekend ladies use the time off work(if your a 9-5er mon-fri like me) to burn major calories besides if your workout longer and harder than usual you can eat more!! :tongue:
    TTFN!
    Jena:smile:
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Thanks for your encouragement and words of wisdom :heart:

The week wasn't all that great, but I am here....and luckily the scale didn't let me down...i lost 1.2 pounds :laugh: yay! I'm at 142.1...hoping to hit 140 next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the week off work this week and uni is starting up again, so will be back to a good schedule.

Time to make dinner, tlk to u guys soon :drinker:
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Grrrr....I just had this long post all typed out to everyone and the stupid computer did something crazy and it is all gone. That is so frustrating.

Anyways I want to share some great news with you all. I am PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :heart: :love: :happy: I am only 4 weeks and 1 day, but I am so excited. We are due in October and cannot wait. We know it is early, but I couldn't keep it a secret. I am not posting this on FB because of how early it is, but I just had to tell you guys. I was up a pound this morning, but I did not even care. I will gladly take a pound gain when I find out that I am pregnant. The husband is so excited. He is taking me out to celebrate tomorrow and I can't wait. Then it is back to the grind on Sunday. I want to have a happy and healthy pregnancy and I want to stay fit. I will talk to the OBGYN about my calories and exercise. For now I will just eat nutritious meals and do the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos a few times a week. I know I can have a healthy pregnancy without gaining a ridiculous amount of weight.

To all of my MFP family - Thank you guys so much for all your encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. I promise I will have longer and more positive posts from now on.

Have a great weekend. TTYL
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    wohhoooo bobbie- I totally knew it since you were talking about feeling ill and such!!! THere is a website for pregnant and postpregant weightloss or management whatever you wanna call it. its a sister site of sparkpeople. Anyways if you want it let me know. And it was the pinapple core wasnt ? hehehe j/k
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hey teamjust checking in,thought spin class was at 830 just found out its at 815 so I gotta go talk later have a god day!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I slept so good last night. I was exhausted after all the excitement from yesterday. I think I was alseep on the couch by nine. I woke up this morning feeling great. I made french toast for us this morning. Now we are getting ready to go to Providence to celebrate. The hubby found some places that he wants to take me. So we are going to have a fun day.

Tamara - Thanks for always being so supportive. You are an awesome friend to have and I miss you dearly. Have fun at the gym and with Amber later. I am glad you had a good night.

Amber - I miss you girl. Keep up the great work on here. It is a long journey, but so workth it. I finally got to the weight that I could have a healthy pregnancy and it is happening. You can and will do this. We are here for you.

Jessica - Thanks girl. I would like the website. I generally stick to webmd and the husband is looking up stuff like crazy. I think he is going to be the most excited dad ever with this pregnancy. I doubt it was the pinapple core because I did not eat it. I think it is more because we are sex addicts and it paid off. lol SOrry if that is TMI. ANyways now it is time for you to get pregnant again.

Rupi - Thanks for the comments. We are super excited. Good job on your loss too. Keep up the great work. Don't let everything overwhelm you.

Marcie - You are my sunshine! Thanks you so much for checking in on me. It means a lot girl. I know you are upset about the gain, but you can and will get that scale moving in your favor again. You know you can do it and so do we. I am always here for you.

Jena - Great job on the 2 pound loss. It looks like you will reach that mini goal in no time. Unfortunately I have to abandon that challenge, but I am going to continue to exercise and eat as healthy as possible. I refuse to gain all my weight back. I am going to have a healthy pregnancy.

Karen - It does sound like you had a hard week. Now it is the weekend and you can relax and destress with some cardio. Make some time for you this weekend. It doesn't sound like you had much you time last week. Hang in there.

Kerry - Maintaining is a step. Now you get to exercise again and that will help to get the scale moving. Keep on doing what you are doing and you will see results.

I am so sorry if I have missed anyone. I hope that you all have a great day and a fantastic weekend.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bobbie- its babyfit.com HAHA nothing is TMI after being on babycenter. Im anxiously awaiting getting pregnant. Im actually in TWW right now. SO funny about your DH. The first time I got pregnant I called him at work, he worked 3rd shift in a factory. He got off the phone with me real fast and ran around the warehouse telling everyone lol it was funny cuz this factory was full of bitter old men who hate thier life and thinks that getitng married and having kids is a big mistake so they all just kinda lookedat him like weirdo and he didnt care hehe. You guys have fun celebrating!!! Im super excited for you

AFM- I got on the scale after breakfst yesterday because I had to hurry up and get kids ready for a field trip so I know it wasnt accurate but it had me maintaining for the week. O well I did eat like crap. We are having a rough few weeks here financially with my DHs back issues so kinda been just eating whatever is cheapest but Im gonna try my hardest this week to get back on the game.
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello girls! Just checking in ....

Reflecting on the month that I've had, with many bad days, and unexpected surprises from unexpected guests i can say that i didn't expect it to be great for weight loss, but 5 pounds down by the end of january is not that bad of a start, right? Thanks for being such great supporters!!!! :heart: I didn't expect to find support online for this journey....the reason that I started the weight loss challenge was (very few people know i'm doing this, let alone why i'm doing this)....at the end of last year, my mom was rushed to the hospital for a heart condition. Her dad (my grandpa) died almost 30 years ago from a heart attack, and this was the scariest situation that I could face, especially being half the world away from her. She didn't tell me anything was wrong until she was out of the hospital and was given the green light for her health. And now, with the help of my family, a nutritionist and her doctor, she has lost 40 pounds, and is now healthy. I'm so proud of her, but she is constantly worried about my university eating habits (lets just say she knows how much i love frozen pizza's and ready meals), so when I go home in 5 months I want to surprise her by being back at 125...a number i haven't seen since i was 18 (o lord, 8 years ago :ohwell: ).

We all have our own reasons for being here on MFP...for some its general health, others the motivating factor is family or starting a new family (or adding onto the existing one) :bigsmile:

I'm really proud of all of you for sticking through everything .....we are 2 days away from end of january....a month into the challenge! Give yourselves a pat on the back, and reward yourself with a treat (remember, it doesn't have to be a food treat) ;)

rupi :flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hello team.. I slept in and it felt great.. Already had my oatmeal now drinking my coffee then gonna make the kids mickey mouse pancakes..My mom used to make me those and they were super yummy..not that they were any different from regular pancake just the simple fact that she put the extra time into it..

Rupi- You are so right look what we have rebounded from, we had thanksgiving christmas new years and a few other obstacles in there.. Way to point where we have come from

Bobbie- I am so excited for you guys!! I miss you too

Amber-I will be glad when we actually get to meet for gym time.. It will be fun

Marice- Where have you been

Jena- Awesome on the two pounds.

Kerry- Mainatince is hard but I always looked at it like well at least I didnt gain

Karen- Sorry about your rough week, maybe this week will be better, you are so postive

Deneen- whereare you at my friend??

Don you are doing such an awesome job, come post with us here, we need you!!

Jessica- Good luck on concieving!!

Nicole dont worry about your weigh see you on monday. Hope you have had a great weekend

Well guess I better get off here if daugther says she is hungry one more time I might hurt her, so if I feed it, problemsolved for both of us!!

Plan on hitting the gym today for an hour then lifting with friend for an hour.. I am gonna have a good day today..Promise!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning. I hope everyone had a great Saturday. I know I sure did. We had a good day of celebrating our great news yesterday. It felt like every little kid or baby was smiling at us. At dinner there was a family in the booth behind us with a toddler and he kept talking to us all through dinner. It was the cutest thing. The parents apologized and DH told them that it was fine and shared our news with them. It turned out that the mom at that table was 27 weeks in here pregnancy. It was great. We also saw Black Swan. That movie was great, but so intense. Natalie Portman deserves an Oscar for her role. We also went to the Tiffany store. The husband showed me what he was going to get me for Valentine's day and it was so beautiful. He was going ot get me a ring for my right hand, but it was going to be a pretty penny. We decided that we will scale back on the spoiling each other since we are pregnant. I have asked him not to get me anything at all because all I wanted was to be pregnany, but that is not okay for him. I am one lucky woman. Anyways we had a great day yesterday. We have picked out our two boy and girl name's. Our boy names are Patrick Riley and Shawn Alexander. Our girl names are Caitlin Rose and Moira Elizabeth. Each name has at least one irish name. I am so ready to go to the OBGYN and find out more.

Today we slept in and had an egg sandwich for breakfast with an apple and a yogurt. We have to go to the grocery store today and the DH has to get a haircut for inspection. We are having left over spaghetti for lunch and I think grilled cheese and soup for dinner. It is going to be another great day.

Jessica - Thanks for the link. That is too funny about your hubby. Mine almost cried when I showed him the first positive pregnancy test. He has told so may random people. It is killing him to not tell everyone just yet, but soon he will be able to. Yesterday he kept an eye on what I ate and the caffeine intake. lol He might just drive me crazy, but his heart is in a good place. I have also told him that I am going to milk this pregnancy. He has 9 months of pampering me to do.

Tamara - Thanks girl. Have a great workout today. I sure hope you and Amber get on the same page and get to the gym together soon.

Rupi - Thank you for sharing your story about why you are doing this. I am so excited for you. Your mom will be so shocked and so proud. Good luck on your journey. I know all your work will pay off in the end. 5 pounds is a great start. Thanks for reminding us why we are all her and doing this.

Okay I got to go get ready so that we can go do our errands. Have a great Sunday!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone. I am about to go to the gym for an hour then head to work and put in a full day there as well. I wont get off work till 9:30 tonight so my plan it to get most of my calories in early in the day so I don't have so many to eat like last night. I feel like I am doing pretty well on this plan and am excited to see where it is going to take me. I told one of my flose friends Matt that when I lose my first 25lbs that he should take me to a nice lunch and he agreed so I only have to lose 4 more lbs. I am thinking of going to Ruby Tuesdays for two reasons. FIrst I don't think it has to be super expensive to be nice and I love their sald bar. I just need to figure out how to guesstimate the portions so I can record it as close as possible so if you have suggestions feel free to let me know.

Bobbie- I am super happy for you and I hope that you have a wonderful healthy pregnancy. I saw Jamie last night and she told me that Tarlah had been going around telling everyone. Go figure huh??

Tamara- Wish we could go to the gym together but we will get their soon. I really neeed to come see you so I can bring all that stuff.

Rupi- thanks for sending me a friend request and I am glad to hear that your mom is doing better and I can't wait to hear what she thinks of the new you when you go home.

Marcie- I am pulling for you and know that that darn scale will start doing what it needs to for you girl.

Jena- congrats on the loss and thanks for always having something positive to say on here. By time I am done reading everything that you have writtedn I usually feel better.

To everyone else- Kepp up the great work that everyone is doing and I can't wait till we are all on the other side of this together. OH yea and GO BASICS GO- GO BASICS GO-GO BASICS GO- GGOOOOOOO BASICS. Sorry IK think I tuned itnot a skinny chearleader for a second LOL
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Bobbie.....I am super excited for you and your husband!!! You guys are going to be wonderful parents!!!

Not much time for much more....I've had my granddaughters with me since Saturday....so not much time for anything esle

TTYL!!!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Bobbie Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You will be really tired for no apparent reason over the next couple months it takes a lot of energy to "cook" a baby! Rest and continue to eat well. Babycenter.com is where I hung out when I was preggo 3 yrs ago. It is really great especially for a 1st time mom! Good Luck. I agree to keeping it a secret from the "real world" for now. If you have any questions at all about anything we are here for you!

Marcie Have fun with your grandbabies!

Amber- Glad to be of help! YOU are doing awesome!

Tamara have a great workout I am getting ready to do mine shortly just working on laundry right now.

Enjoy your evening everyone!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    :laugh: Howdy everyone posdting charts with what I have.. If you could the next time you send your weight to me can you please make sure I have you current weight accurate..If you are someone who does not want to give your weight out, I completley understand just make sure I have everything correct for you..

I had an awesome work out, I did the arc trainer for 45 minutes then ran 3 miles on treadmil and then lift with trainer friend for one hour, couldnt have been better..Although I am having a fat feeling day I must admit.. Oh well it will pass I have faith!!

Ok as far as charts go:::

Amber..........WL= down 2.0 pounds.....total loss 21.0 pounds
    Jessica.......WL= down 0.0 pounds......total loss 1.0 pounds
    Rupi.............WL=down 1.2 pounds.......total loss 3.4 pounds
    Marcie.........WL=up 0.5 pounds.............total loss 0.5 pounds
    Jena............WL= down 2.0 pounds.......total loss 2.5 pounds
    Nicole.........WL=Forgot to weigh in........total loss 1.0 pounds
    Tamara......WL= Up 0.8 pounds.............total loss 1.4 pounds
    Karen.........WL=????................................total loss 0.4 pounds
    Don ............WL= down 3.0 pounds......total loss 9.5 pounds
    Jeanne.......WL= down 1.0 pounds.......total loss 3.6 pounds
    Bobbie= Pregnant no weigh in anymore, until after Oct, 2011 :laugh:

Those are all the weight I have for a grand total Weight Loss this week 7.9 pounds this week...for a grand total of 42.9 pounds:drinker: :drinker: Good job everyone.. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day and back on the wagon or schedule tomorrow.. Monday morning is always hard for me since I sleep in more on sat and sun then mon back up at 3 am.. Well oh well it is what it is.. I start training tomorrow from 4-8 wish me luck, I am a littel nervous but also excited!!!