Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this thread via doublehelix -- love it! And I love the PNW!

I'm up in Bellingham, but I grew up all over, in Martha Lake, Shoreline, Ellesnburg, Bothell, and South Whidbey Island (Go SWHS Falcons!). My dad lives in Lynnwood and the rest of my family is sprinkled around South Whidbey. I came up to Bellingham in 2005 to go to Western, met my now-husband who was born and raised here, and settled in. We now live on 5 acres out in the county, with a gorgeous view of Mt. Baker.

I'm really looking forward to spring and summer, this year. I've never really taken advantage of all of the interurban trails and parks around here, and I plan on doing that this year. Plus, now that we have property (other than our condo), we can have a garden! So lots of gardening exercise for me. I wonder how many calories I'll burn working in the garden ...

Anyway. Happy to be friends with any and all PNW'ers!
  • GingerKid
    Options
    Bothell, and South Whidbey Island (Go SWHS Falcons!). My dad lives in Lynnwood and the rest of my family is sprinkled around South Whidbey.

I grew up on SW and graduated SWHS...so did my brothers...small world!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Two gorgeous days of weather here in Eugene!! Took a walk both days and enjoyed a nice lunch outdoor yesterday. Hopefully it holds out like weather channel.com says it will.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Good morning! I lost 3lbs this past week. Hope everyone's having a good day!
  • GingerKid
    Options
    Good morning! I lost 3lbs this past week. Hope everyone's having a good day!
    WTG! Nice work! I've just gotten over a week-long cold. I spent that week eating things to make me "feel better" (HAVE GOT to stop that!), but on the good side, I hit bootcamp 3x during the week!

Gonna be dry but cold this week in the lovely PNW! :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Pac Northwesterners. I think exercising has really helped me this winter, in terms of not feeling the gloom from all the gray days. I'm looking forward to entering spring and summer with a new physique and being able to head outdoors more and try some trail running.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Pac Northwesterners. I think exercising has really helped me this winter, in terms of not feeling the gloom from all the gray days. I'm looking forward to entering spring and summer with a new physique and being able to head outdoors more and try some trail running.

I agree with this!! i'm ready for some HIKING like never before!!
  • outersoul
    Options
    I think I'm going to start hiking this summer! Hell we have the most beautiful scenery for it.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I grew up on SW and graduated SWHS...so did my brothers...small world!
    Definitely! I was actually just down there this weekend, for my mom's birthday. Always feels good to be "home" -- though I do love Bellingham. :-)
  • outersoul
    Options
    Why is that when we do finally get sun it's freezing cold?
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the freezing cold if it is sunny. Which it is. What I do mind is this horrid WIND that just ices me to the bone. Ga!
  • outersoul
    Options
    Bump!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Pacific Northwesterners Unite? I long for the slightly warmer days... the days i have that debate with myself, convertible top down or up... there have been one or two lately that i honestly considered it but chickened out. but i'll take those days that there is no debate at all as well - the omgosh i have to put the top down right now, wind in my hair, sun on my face... in the meantime, i will workout and get myself ready for shorts! :D
  • outersoul
    Options
    Pacific Northwesterners Unite? I long for the slightly warmer days... the days i have that debate with myself, convertible top down or up... there have been one or two lately that i honestly considered it but chickened out. but i'll take those days that there is no debate at all as well - the omgosh i have to put the top down right now, wind in my hair, sun on my face... in the meantime, i will workout and get myself ready for shorts! :D

I hear you. When we get just a smidgen of sun I'm tempted to jump on my bike.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Hello, all !

It cracks me up that we in the PNDub talk about the weather all the time.

Good to see so many of you all here on MFP.

I'm North of Seattle a ways :wink:
  • outersoul
    Options
    WE HAVE SUN!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, yes. sun_bespectacled.gif

Woohoo-Dance.gif

oooh, gotta go.................

beachsmiley.gif
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll, living in Spanaway working on JBLM! From Ohio originially but the Army brought me here in 2002 and then back again in 2006. I'm so glad to have been introduced to this thread, I would love some local workout buddies!!! I have 30 pounds to lose and some toning up to do.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Hey ya'll, living in Spanaway working on JBLM! From Ohio originially but the Army brought me here in 2002 and then back again in 2006. I'm so glad to have been introduced to this thread, I would love some local workout buddies!!! I have 30 pounds to lose and some toning up to do.

You found it! Welcome to our informal group...
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

You found it! Welcome to our informal group...

THANK YOU!!