any short people on here?

Options

Replies

• mattonfire
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I'm also a dude.
    The "healthy weight" for a 32 year old 5'6" man is around 140. I'm rocking around 179 right now, so I have a ways to go. But I don't know where this extra 40lbs is going to come from.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 138. My heaviest was 150, but I'm working my way back down to 116 (my high school weight).
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    good question!! i'm 5'3" at 140 lbs and want to get to 120 lbs.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im 5"1 1/2 :D

and a sad, sad ways away
  • Jessimika31
    Options
    Hehe I'm 4'9". I feel like its more of an advantage to be honest. :] 1-1.5 hours of cardio a day :] Lost 7lbs!
  • gxl1989
    gxl1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    156cm, 5foot 2.5inches!

Can't wait to fit into that bridesmaid dress! My sister is getting married in Oct!
  • Yep! Right here! 4'11 1/2". (Yes, I count that 1/2 inch. lol) Struggling to lose weight after gaining a bunch from dealing with hypothyroidism. I've got to work twice as hard now, but I'll get back to my goal weight of 120 lbs. I've got curves galore, so 120 looks good on my 4'11 1/2" frame. Wish me luck!

And, good luck to all of my fellow short people!
  • thomma12
    thomma12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'3!!! Same height but nowhere close to you in weight - nice job and congrats! My starting weight is close to yours, hopefully I can have similiar results! Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • sweetpeaga7
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently weigh 155 :( I would LOVE to get down to 108 some time in the near future though! My first goal is 120 by June! I used to be super thin and in shape. I know I can be again!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    5'2" and a long way from goal. 140 looking for 120-125
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yep! Right here! 4'11 1/2". (Yes, I count that 1/2 inch. lol) Struggling to lose weight after gaining a bunch from dealing with hypothyroidism. I've got to work twice as hard now, but I'll get back to my goal weight of 120 lbs. I've got curves galore, so 120 looks good on my 4'11 1/2" frame. Wish me luck!

And, good luck to all of my fellow short people!

I'm 4'11 1/2" too haha I usually don't count it..lol..I should tho'...I feel like me being shorter makes me being overweight stand out even more I would like to get back to my usual weight of 115 but for now I want to focus on losing 40-45 any shorties in here feel free to add me =]
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 I wegh about 112-113 I have a 27 in waist but I am trying to get to 25 in waist. Anyone else wanting tone and this small? I feels like it is taking forever. I am on my 4th week of keeping track of my cals etc. I kind of stopped for a week or two during christmas and got back on I needed the break. I am trying to push it before summer. I took measurements after my 3rd week but I think i might have taken them to early. I am just ready to see my finished results. When I first started this journey I was losing a lb or two a week. I weighed 130 after having my baby and was losing weight so fast then I got to 113 and it is slow . I want a ripped stomach and arms and legs!!!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and right now I am 153 - I want to be 120 by July 4th
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" with a big bone structure, so I run with 5'3", lol

Being short is tough when trying to lose weight!
    At my smallest I weighed 95 pounds, and at my heaviest over 200....
    its really hard trying to figure out what looks best now
  • Alphabits
    Alphabits Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined my fitness, so looking forward to inspirations. I am 5" 1 (but my husband at 6"2 swears I'm 4" 11').. At 206, I've got a long way to go to get to around 160. I weighed 135 and wore a 5/6 in high school, but don't want to be that small again. Looking more to fit into a 9/10 dress/pants and a medium shirt. But gotta work on the legs and arms because that is what really stands out. Could be a 14 if it wasn't for butt and thighs.

Wish me luck as I begin this journey.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    BTW!!!

Any other short kids have trouble with mostly the butt and thighs? Newbie here reminded me.
    Also welcome to Alphabits
  • jade1244
    Options
    Me only 5'2" and have 34 lbs to lose............
  • traceytoo
    Options
    5 3 and 3/4 ... the 3/4 are very important when you are only 5 foot 3 lol ... very hard to lose weight and have massive boobs too, which means you never look really small !! .. started out at 174 pounds, now down to 160 - Year before last I lost 84 pounds and got down to 144 pounds and put on 28 pounds after I met my b/f 8 months ago .. and I'd like to get there again, I really do not know if I can get any smaller than that given that I am now 43. Smallest I have ever been is 116 pounds when I was 21 ... and I don't think I could carry that off now, plus saggy skin would be incredibly unattractive.

Happy to be added as friend by all you shorties .. my my it's taken me 43 years to accept I was short, I always thought 5 ft 4 was average for a woman .. ignorance is bliss hey ...

Let's start a shorties losing weight club .. see how we do :laugh:
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It seems that when you only have a little bit to lose, that its far harder than those with a lot to lose. I count my calories, eat a pretty balanced diet, and work out almost daily. Slowly but surely I am losing, but it seems that those with maybe 100lbs to lose, with major changes to their lifestyle, the fat melts away. For instance my bf's mother can lose like 15 lbs in a month, but I have 15 to lose, and its taking me forever! She just changed her diet, and doesn't exercise!
  • suadvani
    suadvani Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 2 1/2".. yup like many on here keeping the 1/2.. at my heaviest (weighed at the dr's a couple weeks ago) 234 lbs :(

Needless to say I got alot to loose..

Love this site and the people.. learning a lot and have stayed motivated to eat well, within my calories.. and try and work out regularly..

Havent weighed myself since.. dont trust my scales at home but will do.. feel like I've lost something.. atleast my clothes dont feel as disgustingly tight..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!