Back To basic

Options

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Ok so this week is gona be better I will be sure of it!!!! Mostly because we have no extra money to eat out lol. Last week we ate out way to much. Hoping to have that last stupid w2 tomorow so we can file and get back our money by the end of the week and get our shopping in and get tires for my van. Forgot to turn my scholorship papers back in for the YMCA so no pool untill we get those in booooo! Im gonna focus on working out more this week on my bike and hopefully I will either find my part or get DH to not forget to take the spare part from his moms house for my ab lounge. I wanna tone up this super flabby belly. Im tired of looking 6 months pregnant darn it!!!. Im ok with the side of my butt and hips for now but darn it that belly has got to go, no point in looking pregnant if your not right? Anyways so Im vowing right now to get my bottom on that darn bike every day this week!!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    howdy team I have been very productive since I have been home from the gym.. you ready

Dishes done...checked
    dinner made for kids and hubby...checked
    dinner made for me....checked
    dishes done from dinner...checked
    kids lunches made for tomorrow..checked
    notes for both of them to leave school early tomorrow due to dentist appointment..checked
    jades agenda signed...checked
    jades dance uniform is in backpack..checked
    coffee made and set for auto for tomorrow morning..checked
    dessert given to kiddos..checked
    card sent off to a customer of our who lost her husband this week..checked..
    note filed in for today on food journal...checked..
    its 5:50 and ready for bed...yep..fixin to be checked

Hope ya'll have an awesome rest of the day.. It wasso pretty here today, but tuesday will be a different story..suppost to have strong striaght line winds..

I am off to spend time with kiddos and husband before my bed time!!NIGHTY NIGHT!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hey team.. Hope everone had a great weeked.. I know the weather here was so nice I thought for a moment it was spring.. I am so ready for spring to get here, I am besides myself!!

I start trainging for my new job today so hopefully all will go well.. The hardest part will be not seeing the kids from one morning to the next since I will be in class from 4-8 pm and by the time I drive 30 minutes home they will normally be a sleep.. But at least its only for 8 days then I will be off all day fri sat sun.

I hope everyone did there jumping jacks this week, and continued to get there water in.. Water is the most important thing for weight loss, oh yeah and to feed your body enough nutrional items to keep your engine going..

Our challange this week I am gonn still from mrs. Jena..While you are watching tv for one program,act like you are jumping rope during every commerical.. I dont care what time of day you are watching it, when a commerical comes on say opps its time to jump.. Then jump actual rope or retend..Its up to you!!!

I am gonna do mine after I take the kids to school!!

I hope everyone has a good day and choose the right items to put in your mouth.. Fuel my friend fuel your body!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday to everyone. I slept for 10.5 hours last night. I get super tired so easy now. At least I know why my energy level was drained before. I am going to get in 30 minutes of cardio today. I will update you on how that goes tomorrow.

Thank you for all the congratulations. I am going to check out those websites. Tamara I love the weigh in chart. I will update my wieght, but we all know it will be a gain from here on out. Then after the baby I will get back on track.

Good luck on this weeks challenges. I will talk to you all soon.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    bobbie- you have the next 18 years of being tired for no reason hehe. If you get on babycenter let me know IM there and we be friends :D

tamara- I like the idea of jumping rope during commercials. Ill try it if Imnot on my bike. I normally only watch tv at night and I "try" to get on the bike the whole time.
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Hello everyone (she says sheepishly)....
    I want to thank each of you who have reached out to me - Bobbie, Marcie, Jena, Tamara, etc. You guys really are the best cyber pals - and best pals a girl could have. I can't really tell you what's going on with me. I'm really in a funk and mostly I am sooooo busy I can't keep my head above water. between my job, tax season for my husband's company, a 3 year old - who i get NO help with, and going back and forth to the airport - ALL THE TIME- for my oldest daughter (about which several of you know the situation), I can't find the time to log in. Last week alone, I worked 53 hours at my job, had a sick baby, stayed up until 4am two nights and 2 am a 3rd trying to get w-2's and 1099's out before the deadline, etc, etc. I am not getting my work done at work, my house is a mess and I'm about 2 months behind on completing tax and billng info for my husband's company. As you can imagine, my eating has just sucked! I continue to drink soda and it's all bad, bad, bad. I think about logging in EVERYDAY and the magnitute of trying to catch up with everything that I've missed and fessing up to my "bad" diet just stresses me out...
    I'm hoping I can take the steps to get it back. I know I'm not telling anyone anything they haven't had to deal with, but it all seems pretty overwhelming, ya know?
    (be prepared the next few lines are just me whining and complaining and hosting my own pity party - so feel free to skip ahead...)
    I haven't been to the doctor in about two years and as I casually told my Mom last night that I haven't had a period in 8 months - she FREAKED out on me! I'm not pregnant (holy moly - that would about do me in, I believe). Where am I to find the time!?!??! I work through lunch most days - eating CRAPOLA and drinking a soda and then have to get to the baby before 6pm only to get home, get her something and then start on either laundry (which is about 2 weeks behind) or quarterly tax returns or the latest drama with the DH's ex... IT NEVER FREAKING ENDS! I really don't know how much more I can take...
    Well, today I logged in to see all you beautiful ladies and read a few of the notes and realized that I and only I can take back my life! I don't know if I can do it today and I know that until about May 1st that is a VERY daunting task, but I'm going to try.
    I read what Jena had to say and I see that there are so many wonderful ladies in the group now and I want to "meet" and be inspired and INSPIRE each and every one of you - Kerri, Rupi, Karen, Amber and all the rest of you I know I'm missing.
    You have come to the right place - they are a great group!
    Tamara - Your post was very refreshing too. This CAN be done - you and Bobbie and several others are living proof!
    So, I see that I am all over the board, but I'm going to try really hard to get back into this. Right now, it just feels like one more taks on my to do list and it is already more than I can manage....
    I did have an apple, water and a slim fast bar and NO SODA and today feels a bit better. I packed my lunch and am preparing for the ice storm from he-- so I have a feeling about the time I get back into the groove, we will be losing power and I'll once again be out of touch.
    I want so much to be able to share with you ladies and read your stories of joy. I want to be there for you and God knows, I need some support, but I'm sooooo over whelmed....
    Ok - Deep Breath.....
    Bobbie - Darlin' I am sooooooooo very happy for you!!!! Doing happy dance and smiling and crying tears of joy - little bobbie or little geoffy are going to be the luckiest baby. He/she is being born out of love and coming into a home of happiness and caring and understanding. I am truly, truly happy for you. :) Take care and ENJOY every minute! Thanks for looking out for me. I so want to be back and so want to share your joy... ;)
    Well, day one (For the 5th time, I think...) - logging food, drinking water and just doing what I can do.
    Jena - you asked me once what exercise I don't hate. IN all actuality, other than the embarassment I feel, I really don't hate exercise. I was always very active - Now, I've never been a runner. I've never quite understood running for running's sake - I ran to catch a fly ball or ran to get to 3rd base or ran to catch a football, but running just cuz - i never got. I'm starting to see the appeal now I must say - the peace, the "me-time", the oneness with nature and your breathing, etc. - the whole zen of it, but I always loved gymnastics and volleyball and softball and I really used to like to put on good music and just walk or hit the treadmill (yes, i know that flies in the face of my last statement...). I really can't seem to find the time - it's very sad. Plus, if my DH knew I was spilling my guts all over the internet he would have my head... ;)
    I need 10 minutes of peace, but I can't seem to find it, plus I will NEVER, EVER work out in front of my DH ever again. It was completely mortifying... I realize I could get up in the morning and do it, but I'm late everyday as it is... I am sooooo tired. I get to bed at Midnight (at the earliest) and the alarm goes off at 6 and I am just dog tired...
    Well, please ignore the ramblings of a crazy person and just suffice it to say it was nice to just ramble for a bit.
    Take care and thanks again to all of you for your support, love and looking out for me. You all are the best... :)
    Deneen
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly. I was sick all weekend. Not feeling great today either. I would've stayed home, except we're having the a/c ducts replaced in our house today. Access to our attic is through my bedroom closet so I wouldn't have any privacy. So, here I am, miserable, at work. No fun!

I'll be back later to read through the posts. :)
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more thing!
    I am sooooo hungry all the time! I can't stop eating - what's up!?!??! I feel like I am eating non-stop! Nerves, perhaps?
    Bobbie - my vote is for Caitlin - love that name.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday to everyone. I slept for 10.5 hours last night. I get super tired so easy now. At least I know why my energy level was drained before. I am going to get in 30 minutes of cardio today. I will update you on how that goes tomorrow.

Thank you for all the congratulations. I am going to check out those websites. Tamara I love the weigh in chart. I will update my wieght, but we all know it will be a gain from here on out. Then after the baby I will get back on track.

Good luck on this weeks challenges. I will talk to you all soon.

Honestly you really only NEED to gain around 30 pounds. But no matter just talk toyour doctor if you have any concerns. I really wish I had been more careful with my weight gain this last time around but I got preggo sat down and just got back up when I joined MFP (2 1/2 yrs after the baby got here!) My big problem with that pregnancy is I was eating right, before I got pregnant Lots of chicken and veggies and after I got preggo the THOUGHT of chicken gagged me! All I wanted was CARBS! :explode:
    You do what you got to do for your body and then all I wanted for a meal was rice with cheese and butter on it! :noway:
    Again if you have any questions at all there are a whole panel of mommies right here! :heart:
  • CudyBug
    Options
    Im gonna second jena's advice for bobbie. With my first pregnancy thats how I gained all my weight. I was 135 lbs before I got pregnant and figured hey Im pregnant i can eat what I want plus the lack of money for food had us eating dollar menu mcdonalds. I was eating like two tv dinners (the cheap dollar ones) a night! Thinking back It was soo gross what I was doing. I know you'll much better for sure but I wish I had known what I know now then. I wouldnt have gained over 60 lbs. I also stoped working adn would sit on my butt all day and I literally naped like 5 times a day. When I got pregnant again I hadnt lost any of the weight from before BUT I knew so much more and fear of needing insulin shots again (I had to have hubby do them I couldnt) made me eat right. I had gestational diabetes both times but eating right I diet controled it the second time and lost almsot 30 lbs being pregnant wtih him with no morning sickness I might add. Of course its never good to have a goal of weight loss during pregnant but since I was soo obese to begin with my doctor wasnt concerned at all. Heck my son was almost 8 lbs and 3 weeks early! This time if Im lucky to get pregnant again I am gonna make sure to keep counting calories (you get an extra 300 while pregnant) and working out when I can. Walking all over the place like last spring and summer even if Im pregnant! Im determined to look great (with my son I looked awsome :D)
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Checking in to say hey.. Have you drank your water and have you done your jumping rope??

Needless to say training...shhhheeeessshhh...thats a lot of imformationto throw at someone, but had a good time and really think I am gonna like this company..

Busy day on the agenda again today.. Daughter has to go to oral surgeon an have the skini between gums and teeth snipped and then sewn.. She is not allowed to eat or drink anything from midlight lastnight til after procedure and her procedure is not til 11, we are gonna get there early in hopes someone cancelled..

Well gotta jet, gotta fill out application for company and mail my resume.. Hope you have an awesomse day and if I am not back on here today see you tomorrow!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Thanks for all the advice on eating. I plan on staying healty and I know I can do it. I ate about 2000 calories yesterday. I changed my calories to maintain my current weight and it says I need 1990. So I am going to try and stay between 1900 and 2200. When I exercise I will have an extra snack. I promise that I am going to do this right.

I woke up in a great mood, but then they doctor changed my mood so fast. I had a follow up appt this morning and the doctor cancelled because of the snow. We have snow again and it is suppose to snow all day today and tomorrow. Now the appointment is rescheduled for next Tuesday. I also have to wait till next week to make my OB appointment because the referral takes 8 days to generate. Oh the joys of insurance. The good thing is that the navy insurance will cover everything. We will have no out of pocket medical expenses for the baby. I guess I should quit complaining and count my blessings.

Tamara - Good luck to Jade today and same to you. She will be just fine. I am glad training went well. I am sure it was information over load, but I know you can do it.

Deneen - Welcome back. Thank you for being so excited. Caitlin Rose and Patrick Riley are our first name choices for our baby. I know you are struggling to find time for yourself, but you can do this. Make some time for yourself and remember to just breathe. It will get easier.

To everyone else....Have a great day. I need to take a breathe and just remember to be thankful.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Bobbie!!! That is such exciting news! My step-granddaughter's name is Katelyn Rose.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Hello all -
    Today was a smidge better ezxept for the blizzard/-ce storm of the century... ;)
    Wlll hopefully ck in tomorrow - hope all is well with everyone£. Doing this from my phone so a bit tough
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Deneen did a drive by!! :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    hey there team..Needlesss to say I am loving training,thinking its gonna be a great company to work for, just ready to get in and get a paycheck.

On the daughter news we get her to the dentist they prep I fill out paper work, they hook her up to oxygen to put er to sleepI put on paper she HAD a heart murmur when she was a baby but had since closed up and she was allergic to clindamycin.. She has not eaten or drank anything after 5 pm monday evening..They come in the office and say since she HAD a heart murmur when she was a baby she needs antiobotic first the only antibotic we have here in the office is none other then clindmycin,they said you could run down to nearest walgreeens and pick up rescribtion and wewill give it to here and wait an hour then do procedure or you can come back..My went to talk to my husband and he said we will come back this poor baby needs to eat.. So we left...Its frustrating.. Her heart murmur has been closed for 5 years we dont even have a heart dr for her anymore.. My husband even missed a service call due to all the mommbo jumbo!! Well enough complaining.

One shout out to everyone....

ARE YOU JUMPING ROPE??

ok now I feel better gotta go make kids lunch and get ready for the gym, cleaning house today with a vingence!!
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!

It is freakin cold here....we are not used to that here in the Houston area....we might even get snow Thursday night, Friday morning! What the heck!!!

Anyway....I'm still being a bad girl....no jumping jacks here Tamara! Water yes, trying to stay under calorie goal, but seems I lose it at dinner time. Logging food, no! Don't know what I have to do to get back on track!!!

Got to run! TTYL!!
  • curran80
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

You seem to have such a great team going, supporting each other all the way. I would love to be part of your team.

My name is Rachel and I am a stay at home mum of 1 (18 months old). I am currently 143lb and am looking to get down to about 125-130lb.

Can you please let me know if it is ok to join in with you and advise me of what I need to do? I will be weighing in on a Friday.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better x
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am up and at it today. The hubby made me breakfast this morning and it was yummy. Now we are hanging out. He has PT today and when he goes I am getting a workout in. I did good on calories yesterday until I decided to bake a cake. I made an angel food cake with home made peanut butter frosting. It is the hubby's favorite. I also wrote WE <3 DADDY on it. He almost cried when he saw it. He is so excited about being a daddy. He is the sweetest husband ever. I am one lucky lady. Anywyas today is going to be a good day.

I am glad that everyone is still hanging in here with us. Have a great day! I will check in again soon.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to all...... well I made it to work today yesterday was just way to Icey and the car would not start. I was good yesterday the weekend was killing me I just wanted a big ol burger allllll weeeeekend loong. but did not partake. man this jumping rope during comercials is killer. I know I am not in good shape but that makes me reilize how out of it I am I thought what a snap it would be and that maybe my daughter and I would go to the garage and jump rope for 30 MIn and it was really tough to make it thru 10 mn. after yesterday Ireilazed that other than the tv shows that we DVR there is nothing on during the day.