P90X - First timer

Options

Replies

• jaybaileys
    Options
    Jkroc now Im a guy so it may be different but my first 90 days I stuck to the diet did not cheat. I did all my workouts and it worked. But I didnt loose the bulk of my weight until month 3. But I could tell I was losing inches in my waist, my face was thinner, etc. Stick with it, eat good, do your workouts and get your rest. This thing works you just have to plug in and do the work. You will have a better measure at the end of the 90 days trust me.
  • cmarsh1
    cmarsh1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing the classic for the first time. I hope to try the lean next time. I am also not seeing the scale move but I can tell with my clothes and I feel much better. This is only the 4th week, I am sure the scale will move eventually!
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am doing the lean version of P90X, I wanted to ease myself into it :) I have found that I end up adding in exercise but I feel it is a bit more flexible and is more what I need right now. I am on week 2 and have already lost 3 inches.
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys:) I did do before pics and measurements like was suggested. I am very "SORE" so I guess it must be working even if the scale hasn't moved. I did put on a pair of jeans yesterday and they were much looser....Its just weid not to see the scale move!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I think the closer you get to weight goal the harder it gets so relax it may take some diet tweaking and I'm sure it felt wonderful to have jeans that where looser So stay with that happy thought the rest will come in time. :). Push play and celebrate the good stuff :)
  • jane77
    Options
    Stretch today felt good! Hows everyone doing? What did you push play on?

Fianlly figure out the ticker thing started with January weight, but this has been a year plus long journey (187 was top weight) but that weight is in the past so I'm letting it there. Have a great day :)
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I had core synergistics last night and was happy I could do much more than I could during the last round of p90x many months ago. I also forgot how many muscles I didn't even know I had were sore after that workout...lol!!
  • jane77
    Options
    Well good for you. I did core for the first time this week it was really hard so great job for doing better
  • my8kidsmom
    Options
    Stretch today felt good! Hows everyone doing? What did you push play on?

Fianlly figure out the ticker thing started with January weight, but this has been a year plus long journey (187 was top weight) but that weight is in the past so I'm letting it there. Have a great day :)

I did Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X today :) Wow! You have a lot to be proud of!
  • jane77
    Options
    off to yoga today. having a hard time making myself get up and moving but I know i will because I am worth it and the day I do yogo P90X well and am really in my mind and breath than I know I will be strong We can all make it there if we Push play and bring it.
    Have a great day.
  • jane77
    Options
    Ok got it done. (yoga) Hope you all pushed play today
  • Michellelenz
    Michellelenz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies back. I did Kenpo this morning and feel great. I am starting at the begining of classic tomorrow night. We are going on a cruise April 3rd and I want to loose at least 15 lbs by then.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of doing it..
    Everyone seems to be getting amazing results from it...

Gonna be difficult, i dont have a job so i cant pay for it, or im guessing the strange food ur gonna have to eat with it.

Guess it gives me a reason not to do it..
    Proberlly for the best.. In my life iv never done a single press-up...
    lol a have small arms compared to my body.. :/

I'd fail misserably..
  • Keisha604
    Options
    Phase 2! Good thing I'm doing another round as soon as this one is finished because I did pretty poorly with phase 1(food/missing workouts).
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Im thinking of doing it..
    Everyone seems to be getting amazing results from it...

Gonna be difficult, i dont have a job so i cant pay for it, or im guessing the strange food ur gonna have to eat with it.

Guess it gives me a reason not to do it..
    Proberlly for the best.. In my life iv never done a single press-up...
    lol a have small arms compared to my body.. :/

I'd fail misserably..

My gf started out having to do pushups on her knees. Were starting week 3 now and she is able to do 5 in a row normally. Anyone can do this and improve!
  • SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X yesterday also and I cannot wait to do the Plyo workout today! I "prepared" for this by first doing the 30-day shred, then Insanity. I am so happy to see others here who are taking the plunge. Hope we can be a support system for each other. KICK BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jane77
    Options
    I just started P90X yesterday also and I cannot wait to do the Plyo workout today! I "prepared" for this by first doing the 30-day shred, then Insanity. I am so happy to see others here who are taking the plunge. Hope we can be a support system for each other. KICK BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You will love it. Good Luck
  • jane77
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies back. I did Kenpo this morning and feel great. I am starting at the begining of classic tomorrow night. We are going on a cruise April 3rd and I want to loose at least 15 lbs by then.
    15 lbs is a high goal weight wise but you can be sure if you work hard your body shape will change by than good luck.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good thread to join. I'm a newbie, and I'm on week 2, day 2 Plyo today.

So what I noticed at the close of week 1 and getting into week2 is I almost, almost can see less fat, I almost want to say my still-considerably plush belly seems just a bit firmer. I also think my overall endurance has improved noticeably. I had to pause constantly at the beginning of week 1, now at the end of week 1 and week 2 I am pausing a lot more just to let my heart rate get below 170 and a lot less just to catch my breath.

One bit of demoralization is my # of pushups has gone south this week, either due to these new "perfect pushup" things or because I was unwittingly eating too little for a P90X program -- effectlvely undereating by well over 1000 calories/day and often under by like 1500cal (235lb male on P90X should not be eating 1800cal/day). I think my muscular exhaustion was easier to reach for the first day of week 2 and hoping because of just needing a lot more food. Anyway I guess I'll find out soon.

I've taken steps to correct the nutrition issues, managed to get 2700 calories in me yesterday. Gonna hope that I can do better on these workouts as I fix the nutrition level problem.
  • my8kidsmom
    Options
    Sooo....I have been doing the lean version but tomorrow I am switching to the classic version :) I chose lean because I wanted to ease into it but I really think I can handle the full program. I am excited to get started (again)