Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Checking in! I'm right on track for my February calories burned goal. In order to reach 8500 I need to burn 2125 every week. I ended up burning 2198 last week. Go me! I'm going to take the dog for another long walk this afternoon. I usually end up burning close to 600 calories with that, so it'll be a great start to the week. I didn't weigh-in this morning like I usually do. I ended up getting up really early for work and, let's face it, superbowl snacks would not have been kind to me this morning. However, according to yesterday's weight check I only gained 0.6lbs last week. It's a gain, but recently I've been gaining nearly 2lbs a week. I could totally handle gaining half a pound every week for the rest of my pregnancy. Not going to happen, but I'm okay with that I suppose :smile:

Baby girl was kicking up a storm last night. She was probably all hopped up on pizza and potato chips. I just love how much stronger and how much more consistent it is now. Oh man I can't wait to meet her. For now I will entertain myself with nursery plans.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Uggggg...gained 6 lbs in one week! So much for staying right on track:sad: I am so dissapointed.

Our son will be circ - but as others said, it is a personal decision that each family has to weigh the options for.

I am planning to rent a pump from our hospital. It is $30/month and is the hospital grade one that costs like $1500 to purchase. I need something that will work "fast" as I wont have more than about 10 minutes to pump once I go back to work.

Tonight we start our Baby Classes at the hospital. I am super nervous, but hopefully it goes well. We have to bring 2 pillows and a blanket. For some reason I am stressing about dragging all that stuff through the hospital. Anyone have thoughts? Should I bring two bed pillows, or should I bring the smaller, throw pillows from our couch? Would it really matter if I brought the smaller ones that fit in a bag?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    The hospital where I’m going to give birth does what’s called “on demand feeding”. The baby sleeps in the nursery and a nurse will bring the baby to mom when if and when he/she wakes up at night to eat. I have every intention of taking advantage of that; I figure it will be that last good night’s sleep I get in a while.

My brothers’ girlfriend has the Madela electric double pump – her insurance sent it to her for free. So she’s going to give it me.

I’m up 3 pounds! Seriously???? I know I was making some bad choices but that’s just ridiculous. I need to start tracking my food again.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's Monday has started off right :smile:

I'm looking for ideas/thoughts/input on my now teenage crazed acne face. I am breaking out incredibly bad, which I know is due to being pregnant. Anyone have the same issue and if so what did you use or find that worked/helped with it???
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Uggggg...gained 6 lbs in one week! So much for staying right on track:sad: I am so dissapointed.

Our son will be circ - but as others said, it is a personal decision that each family has to weigh the options for.

I am planning to rent a pump from our hospital. It is $30/month and is the hospital grade one that costs like $1500 to purchase. I need something that will work "fast" as I wont have more than about 10 minutes to pump once I go back to work.

Tonight we start our Baby Classes at the hospital. I am super nervous, but hopefully it goes well. We have to bring 2 pillows and a blanket. For some reason I am stressing about dragging all that stuff through the hospital. Anyone have thoughts? Should I bring two bed pillows, or should I bring the smaller, throw pillows from our couch? Would it really matter if I brought the smaller ones that fit in a bag?

OMG at least I'm not alone, I'm up 5 in one week. Not that it makes you feel any better.:wink:
  • ckmama
    Options
    I had baby stay in nursery 2 of the 4 nights I was in the hospital, my husband got the flu and had to leave the hospital within a few hours after his birth and didn't come back until it was time to go home. I had a terrible time with my c-section getting infected so I wasn't sleeping.

I would sit up and watch to see if the baby was breathing every few minutes so I decided it would be best to put him in the nursery so I could rest some.

My baby was given a bottle almost immediatly after birth, before I was even asked if I was breast feeding. Because I was a c-section they take the baby straight to the nursery until you come out of recovery, about an hour or so. Then bring the baby to the room. That is when they asked about breast feeding. I am still on the fence about BF'ding right now, so thanks for the pump suggestions.
  • ckmama
    Options
    My energy level has gone out the window this past week. It was fine, now all of a sudden I'm pooped.

Plus it hurts so bad to walk. I've been sleeping well up until this last week, now it hurts to turn over and i can't seem to find a comfortable position.:sick: which probably isn't helping with being tired.

But I'm still grateful my pregnancy has been going pretty well.

I just wish I could put the brakes on some of this weight gain.:blushing:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

I'm looking for ideas/thoughts/input on my now teenage crazed acne face. I am breaking out incredibly bad, which I know is due to being pregnant. Anyone have the same issue and if so what did you use or find that worked/helped with it???

I got pretty bad acne in the very beginning. I don't really have much advice for you. I just wanted to warn you that I read that salicylic acid has been linked with birth defects. It's in a lot of acne fighting face washes.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

I went through this too all throughout my first trimester! I just had to make sure I was washing my face really good morning and night. I also use Neutrogena facewash, moisturizer, and night time acne control (it comes in a set together - sort of like ProActive I guess, which didn't work for me, but this does). There's hope though - mine did go away during the 2nd trimester!! :wink:
  • mwilson1018
    Options

I take my pillow to my baby class, but mine is at the instructor's home, so it's a little more intimate. I wouldn't be nervous about it thought - you're all there for the same reason. I'd take whatever is most comfortable for you!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    My energy level has gone out the window this past week. It was fine, now all of a sudden I'm pooped.

Plus it hurts so bad to walk. I've been sleeping well up until this last week, now it hurts to turn over and i can't seem to find a comfortable position.:sick: which probably isn't helping with being tired.

I have started having ALOT of pain/pressure in my hips and lower belly last week and this week. The dr. says it's just because of the way she's sitting (already turned and her head is WAY down there) but my cervix is still closed (which is good) and unfortunately there's nothing that can be done. I'm a teacher so sitting down and propping my feet up isn't an option...I walk sooo slow in the hallways and find myself sitting in a chair in my room a lot more than usual, which is a big no- no, but I figure they'd rather me sit than go on bed rest or have to take a day off because I'm hurting. I teach Spanish and we're in a VERY small community so there isn't anyone that can cover for me when I'm out, except someone that basically babysits them. I'm like you though Katrina, I am still very grateful that this pregnancy has however been very good to me!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

I went through this too all throughout my first trimester! I just had to make sure I was washing my face really good morning and night. I also use Neutrogena facewash, moisturizer, and night time acne control (it comes in a set together - sort of like ProActive I guess, which didn't work for me, but this does). There's hope though - mine did go away during the 2nd trimester!! :wink:

Me too. I just waited for it to go away since it seemed not much I could do about it. It did around 11-13 weeks. I had really brittle nails too despite the extra vitamins. They're not so bad now either. Unfortunately no luck thus far on nice glossy hair. I was hoping for some nice hair before it all falls out post birth. :ohwell:

Me too. I just waited for it to go away. I also had very brittle nails despite the extra vitamins. They all just kept breaking and breaking doing something even as easy as typing. The acne has gone away and I haven't broken a nail in a while. Unfortunately, not pretty glossy hair I was hoping to have some nice shiny hair before it all falls out after birth
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I had baby stay in nursery 2 of the 4 nights I was in the hospital, my husband got the flu and had to leave the hospital within a few hours after his birth and didn't come back until it was time to go home. I had a terrible time with my c-section getting infected so I wasn't sleeping.

I was on a catheter and so many IVs (not to mention in pain) the first 2 days so I could not get out of bed unassisted if I wanted to, so even if it woke up I would have to page the nurse to pick it up and bring it over to me to eat. So I figured why bother? I'm gonna have him around for 18 yrs, what's a couple nights off the bat? :tongue: My hubby was only in and out about an hour a day to check in and went home at night so maybe if he was there I would have kept it. Not sure. It was nice to have time to rest and sleep since I knew it was 100% just me after I got home - no one to hand the baby off to for even an hour to get a shower or nap or anything, plus, I knew I would be right back at work too on top of it, so I rested while I could! Read the whole last Harry Potter book those 3 days in the hospital!

I know moms whose kids are 7 or 8 and never spent a night away from them. Mine is 3.5 and has spent several weeks to months away in a couple different blocks. He adjusts well to anything. The first "official" night away (outside hospital) was probably 5 or 6 months old. I had a business trip to Chicago and left him with my mom in Chicago suburbs while I stayed downtown for work. I called her one of the nights to chat and prefaced it with - "I don't want to hear about the baby. You have 4 kids. I am sure it is fine. I am "off" I want to talk about anything but.":laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Busy weekend cleaning and moving and unpacking. It seems were still only about 1/2 way there.:tongue: Burnt an extra 1500 calories between Sat and Sun though per my BODYMEDIAFIT.:smile: Was feeling it in my back though by end of each day from all the shower / tub / toilet / floor scrubbing. Almost glad to be back at work and only moving a couple hours a day not all day long.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I saw brittony's post on Salylic Acid and it scared me cause i'm
    still using products with that ingredient which i will stop today!
    I didn't know it can cause birth defects :( but i found this on the
    topic:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc?page=1

I was wondering about soy...cause I do eat soy boca burgers is that the same?
    And should I stop?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I got random acne during the 1st trimester too. It wasn't too bad just in spots I never get it in on my face. Anytime I tried using cover up it would just get worse. I would just wash my face really well with soup and water and it never got too bad.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I saw brittony's post on Salylic Acid and it scared me cause i'm
    still using products with that ingredient which i will stop today!
    I didn't know it can cause birth defects :( but i found this on the
    topic:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc?page=1

I was wondering about soy...cause I do eat soy boca burgers is that the same?
    And should I stop?

I have personally chosen to continue eating soy products occasionally in moderation. As long as you're not eating it for every meal, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. :smile:

My facewash contains salycilic acid. It's the 9th ingredient listed so the amount is almost non-existant. I seriously doubt that I'll stop washing my face with it. It's not like I slather on a whole bunch of salycilic acid & then leave it there to be absorbed.
    If a tiny amount of that ingredient was really that big of a risk, I think our OBs would have advised us since most women do indeed wash their faces with products that contain it. Even the article you referenced says HIGH doses in ORAL form have been linked to birth defects and that small amounts applied to the skin once or twice a day are considered safe. My face wash only has a tiny amount of salycilic acid in it and I'm certainly not guzzling it. :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My girl has gotten herself back into that uncomfortable-for-me position only this time I think she's tap dancing on my bladder. I can't stay out of the bathroom! I jiggled her out of it last week with a long brisk walk/jog. Maybe she's just reminding me to get off my rapidly-growing butt and exercise. :laugh:

I thought it was too early for her to make me this uncomfortable (I think I'm mostly being a whiney baby -- it's not really *that* bad. It's not painful -- just uncomfortable. I don't know how else to describe it.). But when my OB looked at her on u/s last week she said her position could definitely be the cause of my discomort. :ohwell:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    www.safefetus.com to look up any drug
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

i'm sorry you are feeling so crappy! Hopefully you will get some relief soon. I love reading what we all have to look forward to! lol!