Great job! Onward!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Currently on my 6th week of P90X and planning my next series but not sure which one to do. I'm looking to lose about 36 lbs. Should I do Insanity? Chalean Extreme? Turbo Jam/ Fire? etc or a hybrid of programs.
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my 30th day of P90. I have lost 29 pounds and I feel awesome. Tonight I am taking my pictures and comparing them with my day one pics. I hope I can see a diffrence. after P90 I will probally redo P90. Does anyone have a correct exercise ppost for P90?

day 1 328
    day 30 299
  • edorice
    Options
    Correct exercise ppost? What's that? Do you mean schedule?
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I finished P90X about three months ago, and although I definitely loved the series I'm glad to be done. It was a challenging three months, but can't say I'll do it again-my results were not worth the effort I put in. Anywho, I decided to bump myself down to a more lean-focused program so I finished up Slim in 6 with decent results. Talk about BORING though! :) I may try Insanity next, not sure though. I may enjoy some Beachbody-free time for a while. My knees are horrible (multiple surgeries on both), and most of their programs seem to just destroy my kness (very ouch). Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet. Suggestions?
  • edorice
    Options
    Hey all! I finished P90X about three months ago, and although I definitely loved the series I'm glad to be done. It was a challenging three months, but can't say I'll do it again-my results were not worth the effort I put in. Anywho, I decided to bump myself down to a more lean-focused program so I finished up Slim in 6 with decent results. Talk about BORING though! :) I may try Insanity next, not sure though. I may enjoy some Beachbody-free time for a while. My knees are horrible (multiple surgeries on both), and most of their programs seem to just destroy my kness (very ouch). Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet. Suggestions?

If you're already have very bad knee problems, then Insanity is seriously the wrong workout for you.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Yep, it's pricey but worth it. Buying it online elsewhere is super risky, so keep that in mind. Also, don't forget that Beachbody's shipping is beyond SLOOOOOWWWWW. Just when you're pumped to start a program, yea, you have to wait a week or two or four. My suggestion? Buy it from a friend. I'm "renting" mine to my brother right now (finished p90x a few months back),. so if you can find someone to borrow it from, you may save quite a bit!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my 30th day of P90. I have lost 29 pounds and I feel awesome. Tonight I am taking my pictures and comparing them with my day one pics. I hope I can see a diffrence. after P90 I will probally redo P90. Does anyone have a correct exercise ppost for P90?

day 1 328
    day 30 299

Great work! I created my own exercise entries for Power 90 and I use the data from my heart rate monitor. Look under your "my exercises" tab and then "create new exercise".
  • brity77
    Options
    I am addicted to good old fashioned TURBO JAM! :) Maybe I'm a little old school... I really should go buy the Turbo Fire but I'm super intimidated by it.

What do you all think is the best purchase for the best results (for someone who can't handle EXTREMELY intense, fast paced workouts.. even though I am young, guess it's a mental thing) .. Turbo Fire, Insanity OR P90X?

I need to start something new. Turbo Jam every day is starting to get old... (Although I do LOVE it, don't get me wrong!!)
  • edorice
    Options
    I am addicted to good old fashioned TURBO JAM! :) Maybe I'm a little old school... I really should go buy the Turbo Fire but I'm super intimidated by it.

What do you all think is the best purchase for the best results (for someone who can't handle EXTREMELY intense, fast paced workouts.. even though I am young, guess it's a mental thing) .. Turbo Fire, Insanity OR P90X?

I need to start something new. Turbo Jam every day is starting to get old... (Although I do LOVE it, don't get me wrong!!)

i think you might be up to making the switch to Turbo Fire. Don't short change yourself. Also, I hear that the music is great.
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here but I am on week 4 of TurboFire and I love it. I tried P90X awhile back but it wasn't the right program for me. So far I've lost a ton of inches and 12lbs since I started. TurboFire has "new to class" options where she goes through the routines and breaks them down for you especially if you've just started. I still use the "new to class" option on the longer routines because I'm still learning them. My fav routines are the HIIT ones. High intensity and short in time.

I can't afford TurboFire and the advanced routines all at once all upfront so I did the payments over 6 months. BeachBody does have payment plans for most of their programs.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brity77
    Options
    i think you might be up to making the switch to Turbo Fire. Don't short change yourself. Also, I hear that the music is great.

I just might have to give it a shot! Thanks! How do you like Insanity??
  • edorice
    Options
    It's super tough, but it has greatly improved my cardio endurance. We completed a full round of it (63 days) and we're still doing the Max workouts from the 2nd month as part of our P90X hybrid. We still have to press pause at least once during a workout, so it hasn't become a piece of cake.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    Options
    Since 2004 going strong with almost every BeachBody workout under my belt.
  • Elizabeth_King21
    Elizabeth_King21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm considering BeachBody Insanity. For those who have done it- Dos it really work, is it worth it?????? help me out!!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm considering BeachBody Insanity. For those who have done it- Dos it really work, is it worth it?????? help me out!!!!

Yes it works and YES it is 100% worth it!
  • Elizabeth_King21
    Elizabeth_King21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, thank you for your reply. Now I'm curious if anyone has considered or is willing to do a DVD exchange type thing. I would really like to try Insanity, but currently paying on student loans and just can't afford much beyond the neccessities right now. Any one have any suggestions??
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Like when you add your exercise on here. Is there a way to get all the stats from P90. Because according to myfitnesspal all strengh training givesyou no calories burned