Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    We got a bit of snow last night in TN. We got a 2 hour delay which is perfect. 2 wonderful extra hours of sleep... and we don't have to make the day up!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I want to get my husband an "I love my daddy" onesie for Valentine's day from baby girl. Has anyone seen any cheap ones at any dept stores like Belk, JC Penney, Kohls, etc? It's a bit late for me to order online and I was thinking about going shopping tomorrow.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I want to get my husband an "I love my daddy" onesie for Valentine's day from baby girl. Has anyone seen any cheap ones at any dept stores like Belk, JC Penney, Kohls, etc? It's a bit late for me to order online and I was thinking about going shopping tomorrow.

Babies R Us always has them but they are like 5 bucks usually
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So I did my weekly weigh in today. Tommorow I am 15 weeks. Don't know why I got into the habit of weighing in on thursday. 151.4... down . lbs fom last week. I thought for sure it was going to be up! I have my dr. at monday so they will take it and we will see. I usually have my shoes on and everything at the dr. I always weigh so much more than at home!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I need to vent a bit. So this morning I woke up at 4:30 with every smoke alarm in my house going off. I had no idea what was going on, there was no smoke and nothing smelled weird. It wasn't the CO2 one, and finally they stopped after about 5 minutes. Then I am just getting calmed down from dealing with that, and there is a huge crash in the kitchen. One of our shelves in our pantry decided to fall (the one with the liquour bottles) so there is glass and liqour all over our kitchen. I got that as cleaned up as I could, and decided to leave the rest for hubby. I head into work, and am starving because I forgot breakfast. I run through the McDonalds drive through, and they give me the wrong order. I parked in the parking lot, go to get out of my car to go get my "right" order, and the parking lot was pure ice. I put one foot on the ground, and fell out of my SUV. I landed on my back, but hit my head on the running board of the SUV. This was all before 6:30 am. So I am at work and have a bunch of meetings I am running this morning. I am going to go to those and see how I feel. I am not sure that calling the dr is even worth it, since I landed on my back. I am going to see if I feel movement during the meetings, and then will decide....but man....what a yucky morning.

OH...and yes....I did get my right food, but as soon as I made it back to the car, I started crying. I figured after a morning like this...it is allowed:sad:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I need to vent a bit. So this morning I woke up at 4:30 with every smoke alarm in my house going off. I had no idea what was going on, there was no smoke and nothing smelled weird. It wasn't the CO2 one, and finally they stopped after about 5 minutes. Then I am just getting calmed down from dealing with that, and there is a huge crash in the kitchen. One of our shelves in our pantry decided to fall (the one with the liquour bottles) so there is glass and liqour all over our kitchen. I got that as cleaned up as I could, and decided to leave the rest for hubby. I head into work, and am starving because I forgot breakfast. I run through the McDonalds drive through, and they give me the wrong order. I parked in the parking lot, go to get out of my car to go get my "right" order, and the parking lot was pure ice. I put one foot on the ground, and fell out of my SUV. I landed on my back, but hit my head on the running board of the SUV. This was all before 6:30 am. So I am at work and have a bunch of meetings I am running this morning. I am going to go to those and see how I feel. I am not sure that calling the dr is even worth it, since I landed on my back. I am going to see if I feel movement during the meetings, and then will decide....but man....what a yucky morning.

OH...and yes....I did get my right food, but as soon as I made it back to the car, I started crying. I figured after a morning like this...it is allowed:sad:

Yes, crying is definitely allowed after a morning like that, I'm sorry your having such a bad day already! You're a stronger woman than I am, I would have threw in the towel and crawled back into bed after cleaning up the liquor mess.

I hope you're ok from your fall. Keep us posted!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    <snip>

Littlespy- I hate people telling me stuff about what I eat in pregnancy, that is like the whole hot dog/cold cut thing. I DID NOT give those up but do eat them in moderation. I laugh when my MIL tells me that coffee and soda is bad for the baby. I think as long as I am not putting anything dangerous in my body, not drinking and not smoking then I am doing TONS better than many people out there. Wait til the baby comes and everyone tells you how to take care of it, it is super annoying!
    :laugh: You're right. At least all the advice during pregnancy is teaching me the art of smiling and nodding while ultimately ignoring. :tongue: Sounds like that skill will come in handy in the near future.

Amanda -- :flowerforyou: What a terrible morning!

We got our travel system last night. My 2nd choice was in stock at Burlington Coat Factory & I had a 15% off coupon. I was so happy to have the decision made. When I got home, I found a 20% off coupon to Babies R Us which, if they had my 1st choice in stock, would make it only $15 more than the one I got last night. <insert *doh* smiley here> I don't even care. Purchase made, decision made. The only thing that would change my mind is if this baby turns out to be a boy when I have my next ultrasound in 3 weeks. :laugh: Then I'll go get my 3rd, more gender neutral, choice.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

Oh what a crappy start to the day. I hope it gets better for you.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

What a terrible morning! I hope the rest of your day goes better.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

My goodness! What an awful morning! First the stairs incident and now the ice! I'm sorry!! I hope you have a better rest of the day and a great weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

I've seen some at Target, I think. I got my DH a Valentine's day card from Anabelle... I think it will probably make him cry. It says something like Daddy, you're my valentine or something like that... :heart: I know I would love it if I get something from the baby.:smooched:
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I understand a lot of people want to take some "better safe than sorry" type of approach to pregnancy and deprive themselves of all kinds of things they enjoy but that's total BS in my opinion. I'm already avoiding excessive amounts of caffeine (:heart:), alcohol (:heart:), and taking medicine that's actually effective when I have head, neck, and back pain (:heart:) among other things I enjoy. I'll be damned if I'm going to also stop eating peanut butter and sweet potatoes and spinach and carrots and tofu and stop washing my face and cleaning my house and (insert the rest of the neverending list that overly paranoid pregnant women have developed here). :grumble:

Trust me you are not alone! I have no issues giving up drinking and things that are obviously bad for the baby, but some things are just ridiculous. I had someone tell me yesterday that I shouldn’t have chocolate because of the caffeine. Do not tell a pregnant woman she cannot have chocolate. It was a fun size Hershey’s bar. It’s not like I was eating it by the case load. :angry: She made me feel like I was already a horrible mom because I wanted chocolate.

I love chocolate. I have to have it on a regular basis. lol
  • 1fitmama
    Options
    I understand a lot of people want to take some "better safe than sorry" type of approach to pregnancy and deprive themselves of all kinds of things they enjoy but that's total BS in my opinion. I'm already avoiding excessive amounts of caffeine (:heart:), alcohol (:heart:), and taking medicine that's actually effective when I have head, neck, and back pain (:heart:) among other things I enjoy. I'll be damned if I'm going to also stop eating peanut butter and sweet potatoes and spinach and carrots and tofu and stop washing my face and cleaning my house and (insert the rest of the neverending list that overly paranoid pregnant women have developed here). :grumble:

Trust me you are not alone! I have no issues giving up drinking and things that are obviously bad for the baby, but some things are just ridiculous. I had someone tell me yesterday that I shouldn’t have chocolate because of the caffeine. Do not tell a pregnant woman she cannot have chocolate. It was a fun size Hershey’s bar. It’s not like I was eating it by the case load. :angry: She made me feel like I was already a horrible mom because I wanted chocolate.

I love chocolate. I have to have it on a regular basis. lol
  • 1fitmama
    Options

I am so sorry you had a rough day. I hope the rest of your day is better!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I hope you and baby are ok. I think it should be fine since you did not hit your tummy but yes I would definately do kick counts and make sure your boy is moving the way he normally does. You definately deserve the night off after having such a terrible morning, geeze if I were you I would go home sick and stay in bed just because! You should have hubby either make you dinner or pick something up. I just hope that he gets that mess cleaned up this morning so you do have to go home and find it there still.

Littlespy, yes practice ignoring, smiling and nodding. I will be a 3rd time mom and people still try to tell me what to do in pregnancy. My aunt freaked out when my cousin was plucking my eyebrows, she thought it could hurt baby :laugh: I cant wait til Brooklynn arrives and everyone wants to tell me how to care for a newborn. Oh boy let me practice the smile and nod!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    We got a bit of snow last night in TN. We got a 2 hour delay which is perfect. 2 wonderful extra hours of sleep... and we don't have to make the day up!

We got one too but for extreme cold. Thought I was going to sleep in but oh no the kids were up super early today. It is my oldest's 9th birthday today. She was too excited to sleep in and came down and asked if we had missed our alarm.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

Oh you poor thing. That sounds about right. When one thing goes wrong in the morning lots of times the day is filled with crappy things. I hope your day is fine from here on out. I fell out of our Ford F150 on my grandma's ice filled drive not too long ago. Same thing, landed on my back/side and hit my elbow and head on the running board. Just take it easy and I am sure you will be fine, sore, but fine.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

What an aweful day. I hope your head and back are ok. As well as baby.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

I'm sorry about your bad morning. Hope things get better for u *hugs*
  • AnneElise
    Options

We got one too but for extreme cold. Thought I was going to sleep in but oh no the kids were up super early today. It is my oldest's 9th birthday today. She was too excited to sleep in and came down and asked if we had missed our alarm.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

Amanda- I am sorry for your bad morning. I probably would have been crying at the liquer shelves falling.