Senior Golden Sneakers - February 2011

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    :happy: :yawn: :happy: :yawn: :blushing: Hi everyone, Someone asked where on Long Island I lived. In the Village of Westbury for about 21 years.:love:

PHOEBE: I'm holding my breathe for your kitty! Hope you don't have to make that decision!! :sick:

SANDY: Ain't you terrific keeping track of all the birthdays! I hope I can find them, but I think there's a thread, right? My scae also made a move in the right direction, but I'm holding my breath a few days, too! :wink:

ELLI, :yawn: I'm paying for the late hour today! ZZZZZzzzzzzzz! And as far as the scale, (me,too) i don't believe it 'till it stays for a few days!

LYNN: with that face and smile, you should have tremendous self esteem! Just treasure that you are obviously enjoying better health NOW, and have patience!
    It will all come back in time! :smooched:

MARIE: Great news about treatment being nearby! As far as beans, I made a great tasting 17 Bean and Barley soup today from a packet I bought visiting Trader Joe's in Chapel Hill, NC, with my dear daughter. We have no TJ here! The soup smells marvelous, and is loaded with fiber and you know what else! :explode:

CONNIE: All those figures are great unless one is on a BP medication! My Beta Blocker brings my heart rate WAY DOWN!!! My old walking rate moniter became useless as my rate cannot go up! But I cannot visualize you with info overload! Love your $20 statement!!! :laugh:

Xyla, is that site on the internet? The walking site? Keep it up, kid! Done great! :bigsmile:

MADDIE: Lovely family! Don't take notes; just pull up Notepad or word and use them side by side! Hope it works for this post!!!
    :wink: IT WORKED!!! I forgot all about using Notepad, which either Sandy or Barbiie recommended when I complained about my Halfzeimers! Great suggestion, huh? :blushing:

Off to my dinner and explosion! Great night y'all...
    BUZZ
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey Buzz, that was a great idea. How do I do that notes thing? :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz i fpund the Notepad but don't know how to used it . I went to sticky notes and it work:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I drink lot and lots of water today and will be getting up all night. Buzz hope you don't blow you out of bed tonight. Be looking for you in the morning.:blushing: :blushing:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    MADDIE & MARIE: I simply go to START,/Programs/ Windows/Accessories/ NOTEBOOK and left click twice to open. It's the simplest way to write text. Very basic format :tongue:
    KEEP My Fitness Pal window on top, until you scroll down to something you wish to comment on; then place your cursor on the partly hidden NOTEBOOK and left click. It will come up on top, and write your comment and bring up MFP to the top again! Just keep reading the thread, and commenting on notepad. When finished, on NOTEPAD I right-click, and bring my cursor to "select All"...and left click. Once the text has turned blue, place the cursor around the center and RIGHT CLICK; select COPY and LEFT CLICK.
    Bring up the MFP window, click on REPLY at the bottom, and place your cursor in the reply window, and on your keypad, click on
    Ctrl+v.........OR click on EDIT (Menu Bar) and click on PASTE. OR...just right click and choose PASTE..
    I hope I explained it, as I'm somewhat defficient technicallly myself :ohwell:
    WELL, GOOD LUCK!

By the way, my bean soup was delicious, but figuring the nutritional values was a pain in the neck! :embarassed: I used Kitchen basics Chicken stock with no added salt, along with some chicken broth I had made. I didn't even bother to figure out the onion, carrots and celery I added, and forgot the diced no salt tomatoes! I could not be hired as a nutrition writer ! :sad:
    Tonight I'm off to sleep now!:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Sandy is a sweetie...you can tell that by looking at her pic...agree with the rest of you there!

Buzz if you are technically challenged and Connie's brain is overflowing or seeping...I'm gonna hide!!:noway::glasses: To understand what you all tell us on here I have to write it down and read it over and over....:glasses: yeah that's me in the glasses...

:bigsmile:

Thanks, Buzz for the wonderful compliment. The side of my face you see, in 2009 was covered in shingles...(left side) they were there my neck, my arm,my chest, my breast, my stomach, my hip and my thigh...they were inside me and on the right side onmy chest, my arm, my thigh...and then they were in my throat and almost killed me. I am still having side effects popping up from all of that. I looked like a monster for 4 months and was in the hospital. So, I am thankful to be as far along as I am. The meds they gave me to save my life, are still wrecking havoc on my bones, muscles etc... That is why I can't excercise on a consistant basis and I have some nerve damage in places...but wonder of wonder no scars...don't know why...don't know why I didn't lose the sight in my eye...except by the Grace of God and many, many prayers went up for my life. I have done physical therapy and am going back as soon as the weather lets up again...I am very, very happy to be alive!! Very blessed to be alive!
    However, I am also human and sometimes we forget how bad it was or can be ...just like when you have children..I don't know if we would have more than one if you remembered exactly how it was. I don't really want to dwell on how bad it was...but I don't want to forget to be thankful:smile: Everyday we live, it's a gift, a miracle, really. :flowerforyou: So, when you hear me whine...remind me..:happy:

I will try this notebook thingie when I am more rested and can concentrate...I can't keep up with Connie and Buzz:huh: :yawn:

Nite...
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from warm (for us) Saskatchewan! It was about 31F today. I got some difficult news today. My 32 yr old nephew has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. He is approaching this with a positive energy. They have diagnosed him very early and he will start treatment right away. Hopefully, it will keep it from progressing.

Phoebe -- I hope your kitty is ok. I remember well how hard it is to make that decision. Unlike you, we were never brave enough to do it again! Thinking about you.

Sandy -- The chicken dish turned out very nice. I used to tell the boys that I couldn't retire until I was a Grandma but I gave up on that!!

My brain isn't focusing and I need to call my sons to let them know about their cousin so I will close for now.

Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Buzz...I am giving this a whirl!!

Gayla--I am sorry about your Nephew..I have a cousin who has this and she does well by controlling it with medicine and eating correctly.
    Let us know how things are for you and your family..will be thinking of you.:flowerforyou:

Waa Laaa! it worked!

Thanks, Buzz...now if I can just get Connie's formula down and post pictures..I'll have graduated until you ladies come up with something else...:yawn: nite!
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Oh GAYLA,, I can't believe what you and your family endure...and with such grace! I keep wanting to just HUG you :flowerforyou:

LYNN, both my dear late Mom, and my dear husband Mike, had shingles and though nothing like your dreadful experience, I know how miserable it made them! I doubt I'd have your wonderful outlook had I been a victim! I had the Shingles Shot as soon as it became available! :grumble: :noway:

Waa Laaa is RIGHT!!! Congrats, old girl! By the way, I generally just make a selection on a post (you know, drag your cursor along the article while holding the left button.) ANd then I print the selection, so I can keep referring to it. But lately, I'm getting lazy about playing with posts.

For anyone who wondered, I just asked Pam to please visit us again on this thread! Was there a reason she disappeared? I loved reading her experiences across the big puddle!

Now, I'm through for the night!!! :yawn:
    Buzz
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Buzz, that walking challenge is on MFP. It is listed in the same catagory as Senior Golden Sneakers. Go to Fitness and Exercise and then look for February Walking Challenge started by NeuroticVirgo. I believe that she is going to keep doing the challenge every month.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Yes, for those who asked-- Ralph had pancakes for breakfast this morning. He is still going pretty easy, but he’s coming along fine. He’ll have steak (or at least hamburger) in no time now.

About cats—Thanks for advice on getting a cat. I had to laugh because our little Jack Russell, Skip, has presented us with two mice. They turned up on the living room rug in exactly the same place, so I know it was him. So far they haven’t invaded the house except for in the utility room. I think they are living on dog food. This is an old house and there must be many places they can enter. When we had a cat here there was no problem. I just hesitate to start the litter box thing again.

Valentines—I have a project for Mariah (great granddaughter 5) for this week-end. I read a tip to use heart shaped cookie cutters and cut out valentine hearts from pink pop-tarts. This should be a lot less messy than baking cookies….and I won’t be tempted to indulge. I think I will let her cook her specialty dish, Roast Stuffed Turkey. (Her version is a game hen, and she is so proud.)

Skip—I broke down and gave Skip a haircut this morning. I only know one way to cut, and that is OFF. He always looks pretty naked when I get finished, but at least I can keep him clean, and it grows back pretty fast. All that fluffy white fur was too much for me to keep clean and pretty. He likes to spend time outside and then on the bed. Can’t have that!

Doctor—I had my annual eye check. No diabetes damage. I am blessed.

Plants—I repotted all my house plants yesterday (12), some in new pots. This hadn’t been done for a long time and they were getting pretty pitiful. Wow, did I make a mess in my kitchen. Took a long break, cleaned up the kitchen, and felt really good about it all.

Progress—I’m not doing so well with the weight loss thing. At least I’m not gaining. I’ve started doing more exercise, hoping that will help. Diabetes is a rotten thing to have.

Illness—I’m sending my good wishes and prayers for those of you or your loved ones who are under the weather. God bless and keep you.

Oh, Dear--I just got back from 6 hours in the emergency room with my sick little Mariah and her mother. She had been sick with vomiting and diarhea since sometime in the night. She saw the doctor at 4pm and was sent directly to the ER. She was dehydrated so had IV, antibiotics, and motrin. She was a brave little trooper but was more than ready to go home. She was asleep in the car. I believe she will sleep all night. It is so hard seeing a little one sick.

Good night everyone. See you all tomorrow!! God Bless.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Irene,

Glad to hear you are keeping busy. Sorry to hear Mariah is ill. You are a night owl like me, it looks like.

I shouldn't be up as I have a meeting at 9a tomorrow, but I am having trouble convincing myself that I will be able to sleep.

Gotta try.

Goodnight all.

Barb
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi everyone from across the Pond. Oh Buzz, I feel so guilty for neglecting you all. Life has had its challenges since Christmas and I have found that I just about have time to get my calories and exercise down on MFP and keep meaning to get back on to the Posts and then, another day passes and then it is a week and I have done nothing about it.

Gayla and Maddie - my thoughts and prayers are especially with you both and hope that things improve for your nephew and brother in the near future.

Now, what's been happening to me. For the first two weeks of the New Year I was in Oxford providing professional cover for a friend while she was on an extended holiday in Australia. I thoroughly enjoyed being 'back in harness' for a while and it was great to know that the brain still worked. I hope that there may be some opportunities to do something similar later in the year but I have no desire to go back to full time employment - I am far too busy being retired!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The main call on my time has been my brother. I think I probably mentioned that he was diagnosed with an aggressive brain

tumour ten years ago. He had surgery, which was able to remove 85%, and this was followed by radio and chemo therapy. He managed very well for a number of years and went back to work and coped when his wife died 8 years ago (he is now 55, so is the baby of the family). Anyway, his health started to deteriorate about a year ago and although he started chemo again it had to be stopped as it was too toxic. He lived on his own and I started visiting last summer and we agreed that I would go and stay and help him get organised, as his paperwork and the house had got out of control. Anyway, before I could get there for an extended visit he had a number of falls and fits and was admitted to a hospice as an emeergency. Luckily he knew the hospice as he had been visiting as a day patient for a number of months. Well, the hospice were able to stabilise him; they prescribed steroids to reduce the swelling around the tumour and hopefully remove some of the pressure on the nerves which were causing the fits and the falls. It was apparent, however, that he would never be well enough to go back to living on his own and some other long term solution needed to be found. Stuart took the decision to move himself into a Nursing Home close to his home so that he could maintain contact with his friends, rather than move anywhere closer to me (I live about 90 minutes drive away) or my older sister (who lives about 4 hours drive away). We were able to find a good, comfortable home and he moved in late October 2010. The next decision was that he wanted his house sold. So I was spending several days there every other week sorting things out so that we could at least get an estate agent in and put the house on the market. I kept bringing back boxes and boxes of paperwork which needed to be sorted, filed if it needed to be kept, shredded if it was confidential or thrown out if it was just junk. I am still working through this but am now down to the last few boxes!! We were lucky to find a buyer very quickly and we completed on the house sale on 31 January. Some friends of Stuart's very kindly agreed to store all his personal effects until we were able to sort through them. So, at present, I am spending one day a week with my brother, leaving my home around 9.00 and getting home somewhere between 6 and 8.00. In between visits I need to sort through his day to day correspondence etc so that on my next visit I can get him to sign letters, make phone calls, etc and I also do any shopping for personal items that he needs. One of the things I have been struggling with since the New Year is to get an internet connection for his laptop via a USB internet stick. Having struggled to get a connection on my last two visits I brought his laptop home with me and finally got it all sorted out on Wednesday, so I am hoping it will work properly when I take it back next week. The original arrangement was that I would visit for three weeks of the month and my sister and her husband would come and stay on the fourth week and do visits then, to give me a break. Unfortunately my sister fell on some ice in December and broke her wrist and my brother in law got a really bad dose of the flu (she's 70 and he's 80). However, I am pleased to say that they are finally feeling a whole lot better and are coming down next week.

What else. In between times I have been keeping up with the children and grandchildren. I had a lovely Christmas in the north of England with my eldest daughter, Stephanie, her husband and her three daughters. Sadly since my visit I have learnt that my son-in-law has been made redundant and will have no job after 31 March, which is a bit worrying. However, I am being positive and praying about it and am sure that a new door will open in God's good time.

Last Wednesday was my youngest daughter's birthday; Dawn lives nearby and she and her husband decided to have a day in London so that they could have a nice lunch and then go to a matinee performance at the theatre before returning home. That meant I (I'm a 'Granny' BTW) needed to look after Louise (3) and Ruby (6). Louise was at nursery school in the morning, so I picked her up at 12.30. We then went to a lovely garden centre nearby where we had lunch (I sent her mum a text to say that Louise and I were 'ladies who lunched', which made her laugh) and we then went and looked at all the animals in pets corner - there were rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, budgerigars, parrots, love birds, turtles, frogs and lots of fish ranging from really tiny ones up to very large Koi carp. We had a lovely time and then went back to her house to play before setting off to collect Ruby from school. Again, we played and I cokked them supper (spaghetti bolognese - our FAVOURITE dinner granny!!) then baths, washed hair and were sitting reading stories and drinking our milk when Mummy and Daddy got home in time to put them to bed. Granny then sat down with the eldest granddaughter (Emma, 16) for dinner. Emma had cooked at school - Sole Meuniere with caper sauce, herby potatoes, mange tout, carrots and baby sweetcorn - it was delicious!! Then granny left to come home and fall into bed!!

Having lost 14 lbs by 17 Dec I did put on just over 3lbs over the holiday period and while I was in Oxford. Since mid January I have got back into the routine and am watching the calories and am back walking, swimming and going to Pilates. I have managed to shift over 2lbs but the final pound seems to be rather stubborn about shifting. However, I am hoping to get back to 175 soon and then return to my goal of losing the next 14lbs.

Phew - that is quite a long post to make up for all the times I have neglected you all. I do think of you all every day and was concerned about the awful weather you have all been enduring and the excitement of the Superbowl. I didn't have the energy to sit up all night to watch it here, so had to make do with getting the result when I woke up on Monday morning but am so glad that the Packers succeeded.

My best wishes to all the Golden Sneakers; I will try to keep in touch more regularly but please forgive me if life overwhelms me again and there is a lapse in my messages.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pam :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Pam So wonderfull; to hear from you . So sorry your brother is having such a hard time.:flowerforyou:

Irene I didn't know you had a Jack Russell Send us a picture of him. Jack russell are bred to hunt small creatures. We loved our little Jack russell He help us catch a mouse several years ago and still remembers where he spotted the creatures They have rather sharp Smells They are so smart..................So sorry to hear about mariah beening sick. Glad to hear Ralph is doing fine. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: for Mariah.

Barbs I see you are still alive and kicking.:flowerforyou:

f
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi all, apretty day here in Ga.
    we put little Pudge to sleep. He was not going to get better unless he took lots of meds, xrays, exams and countless bloodtests.
    he was the stray we adopted, so we had him and he had us for about two years. He was a happy cat, and his last years were safe, warm and filled with food and play. That is a good epitaph, I think.
    guess what I am doing now, Im on the bicycle at the gym. Texting and pedaling, no law against it yet!
    I have some errands to do, grocery, chiro, post office, pharmacy. Then, I am going home. Laundry awaits!
    Irene I was going to post that about your Jack Russell being a rat catcher, but Marie beat me to it. Anne Perry wrote about one in one of her Books.
    take care all
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone -

Buzz - it was me who asked where on Long Island. I was raised in Huntington Station - moved from there when I was 18. AND - thanks so much for suggesting using Word to keep track of all the posts! WAY easier than taking notes!

Maddie - love the picture of your family! Is the Dad your son? or Mom your daughter?

Lynn - omg - your shingle story - SO SO scary! Reinforces my plan to get that vaccine when i turn 60 - even if it is expensive. Thanks for sharing - I'm so glad you've recovered to the degree you have.

Oh Gayla - so sorry about your nephew. What a tough thing right in the prime of life. He's in my thoughts.

Irene - what a good dog little Skip is! I have the same thing - an old house with lots of places where the mice can get in. I've always had cats but it's been many years since I've had one in the house because i don't want to deal with the litter box. I have a little dachshund who has caught 1 or 2, but he ALWAYS lets me know if there is one lurking just by obsessing over a particular corner or closet. It never fails, when he starts doing that i'll set a trip and by the next day i'll have a mouse. How's Mariah doing? Better I hope - that is SO scary when little kids get that sick.

Hi Pam - i've never "met" you before because while you were here i was on one of those "message laps" you spoke of. No worries - this group is always ready to welcome you back in! They're GREAT! You sure have had lots of challenges going on - what a tough thing to go through with your brother. I know we're all sending healing thoughts.

Phoebe - so sorry about little Pudge - but like you said - you did a great thing filling has last years with love, food, warmth and play. It's never an easy thing - even when we know it's right. I've had to go through it was 2 horses, 2 cats and my beautiful newfoundland.......SO hard. But i agree - the joy of having them, and the "rightness" of rescuing them makse it worth it.

I had a good workout last night because the young guy running on the treadmill next to my elliptical machine and i got to talking and we both just kept on going:laugh: He owns a business that's involved in the industry my son is in, plus we live close by and turns out we know lots of the same people.........good way to make for a longer workout!

Well - i'm alone at work today (except for the 2 doxies) so i better get after it. Tomorrow's the weekend! I'm scrap booking all day tomorrow - my Soldier/Son is finally coming home after investigating the nerve gas thing at Dugway in Utah. So glad he's done with THAT!

Happy Friday everyone!:drinker: elli
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! We are having a warming spell, it is supposed to be in the 20's today!!! :flowerforyou:
    Tonight I am taking my 16 year old granddaughter and her friend to dinner in downtown Chicago and then we are going to see a play. It is called Jacke and me, and is about baseball legend Jackie Robinson and the hurdles of predjudice.
    My DIL mother won these tickets and didn't want to go, so we happily accepted for a "girls" night out. :bigsmile:

This group has been busy this week with lots of chatting, I hope I can keep up with all the news.

Ellie, I know you got right back on track, just seeing Kodi probably just melted those extra pounds away. :laugh:

Lynn, we still have plenty of snow I think it will be June until it all melts. Lynn, your health story about your shingles had me in awe. I guess I never realized that they could be so bad as to almost kill you. When I had my shingles they were only at my waist line and didn't take too long to clear up. What a terrible ordeal you have been through, I hope each day brings you more happiness, you deserve the very best. :heart:

Marie, I am glad Jerry is handling this well and that his appointment is near your house.
    We will help you think of new challenges to help you keep on track. The water is an excellent idea and walking is great, even if it just around your house. Ask Barbie she dances and walks all over her house. :drinker:

Connie, you are so intelligent you put me to shame. I am with Maddie you lost me with the first set of numbers, but the trick is to have a couple of hundred calories left over to account for those lost calories, correct? :ohwell:

Xyla, I think I will join that walking challenge next month, do you think you can remind me, because I can't remember from last week at times. You are doing wonderful losing weight, congratulations. :love:

Phoebe, glad you are home, guess you are going to have a new motto.....have scale will travel. As I was writing this I read your new post, I am so sorry about Pudge. I like his epitaph and he was lucky to have you. Keep on pedaling and by the way I text, read and watch movies while I pedal. :wink:

Maddie, how much fun are grand children? Your picture is great, very good looking family. I am glad your brother feels better with the shingles, it is such an awful disease. :explode:

Buzz, you are a master on the computer,nothing can stop you from accomplishing what you want to do. I think your whole life is with that attitude, you are an amazing woman. You ladies don't even want to know what I think about with your bean soup. Thank you for emailing Pam, it was great hearing from her although not all her news is good. :noway:

Gayla, I am so sorry about your nephew, I hope the treatment puts him in remission for a long time. I am glad you didn't wait for the boys to make you a grandma before retiring, these days the kids are in no hurry for marriage or kids. Gosh, when I was 19 and not married I think my mother thought I was an "Old Maid". :laugh:

Irene, hooray for Ralph eating pancakes, I bet he can't wait to get those choppers into a good steak. Eww, on Skip bringing you those mice presents. I used to have a cat years ago that would go outside and bring me field mice all the time, mice scare me to death. You are such a good grandma, wanting to make Valentines cookies with Mariah, she sounds like the love of your life.
    I presume the first part of your post was written before the trip to the emergency room, I pray that she will wake up and feel fine so she can make those cookies with you. Great news on the annual eye check up. :flowerforyou:

Barb, do you realize your post said 2:36AM, is that correct? I thought I was a night owl, staying up till 1AM (Gayla does too I noticed) but I don't have to be up at any certain time. :noway:

Pam, it is wonderful to hear from you, although the news about your brother is heart breaking. You are a wonderful sister and I admire all that you are doing for him. I will certainly keep in him in my prayers. Be careful to not wear yourself thin, your health is important also. I hope your son-in-law finds work quickly and things improve for everyone. You are another great granny, doing so much with the grandchildren. I bet your "ladies who lunched" was wonderful, I love taking to toddlers one on one, as the old saying goes, Kids say the darndest things.
    I think we all put on a few extra pounds (maybe not all) for the Holidays, but here we are supporting each other to shred them. God Bless you Pam, you are with us whether you post or not, we will all be thinking good thoughts for you and your family. :heart:

Elli, you too posted as I am writing and a lot of our thoughts are the same. I can't remember for sure but I thought my doctor told me I can't have the shingles shot because I have had shingles. Does anyone know? And by the way Elli, don't rub it in that you haven't reached 60 yet, ouch that hurts. :angry:

Uh oh, I just realized I forgot Barbie!! Please forgive me Barbie!!! How is Jake's back? I know you are extremely busy, I wish we could be there to help you pack up, but we are in spirit. Just so you know I left my computer and this feeling hit me that I forgot one of the most important people on this site. :explode:

Buzz, I too thank you for the notepad idea, I was able to read and type without having to go back to earlier posts. Of course I am long winded, but I am pretty sure I covered everyone, unless you haven't posted in a while. :blushing:

Have a great Friday!!
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Sandy - hi! that sounds like so much fun! Taking granddaughter and friend to dinner and a play! You're an awesome g-ma! Have a blast! We're having a warming trend as well - i'm so happy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ! Today it's around 40 and by Sunday we're supposed to be up to SIXTY!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoooooooo! I'm back on track - but tomorrow is scrapbooking and we all bring food. I'm making shrimp and asparagus risotto - i'll eat half a portion and then someone usually brings a salad. I won't get to work out tomorrow though 'cause we go all day, into the evening. Sunday the K's (Kota, Katie and Kodi) are coming over for lunch - but we're going to walk with the baby and the dogs as long as it's not too muddy. I'll get a good work out in. Sorry - didn't mean to plan my whole weekend outloud to you!:embarassed: Have a fabulous night with the girls! Enjoy your dinner out!

Happy weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!

:heart: elli
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Sandy - hi! that sounds like so much fun! Taking granddaughter and friend to dinner and a play! You're an awesome g-ma! Have a blast! We're having a warming trend as well - i'm so happy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ! Today it's around 40 and by Sunday we're supposed to be up to SIXTY!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoooooooo! I'm back on track - but tomorrow is scrapbooking and we all bring food. I'm making shrimp and asparagus risotto - i'll eat half a portion and then someone usually brings a salad. I won't get to work out tomorrow though 'cause we go all day, into the evening. Sunday the K's (Kota, Katie and Kodi) are coming over for lunch - but we're going to walk with the baby and the dogs as long as it's not too muddy. I'll get a good work out in. Sorry - didn't mean to plan my whole weekend outloud to you!:embarassed: Have a fabulous night with the girls! Enjoy your dinner out!

Happy weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!

:heart: elli

Just enjoy your weekend, sometimes you just have to forgot about dieting and be happy, there is always tomorrow!! I better run downstairs and get some calories so I can eat with the girlies tonight!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Irene said
    I had to laugh because our little Jack Russell, Skip, has presented us with two mice. They turned up on the living room rug in exactly the same place, so I know it was him.
    Believe it or not, our Afghan Hounds are also excellent mousers. Only problem is their size. Once our Willie spent the entire night with his nose tucked under the dresser in our bedroom, snuffing and snorting like a locomotive, because a mouse had retreated beneath it. And our first hound, Teddy, used to catch them in the yard and bring them in as a "gift".

Pam said:
    The main call on my time has been my brother. I think I probably mentioned that he was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour ten years ago.
    First, welcome back. You were missed. What a good sister you are. Both of my brothers are gone. One died accidentally almost 40 years ago at age 27; the other of a heart attack at age 59. Despite his problem, you are blessed to have him.

Then she said:
    Sadly since my visit I have learnt that my son-in-law has been made redundant and will have no job after 31 March,
    What an interesting term. We speak the same language but with so many differences. It makes every post of yours so much fun to read.

Phoebe said:
    we put little Pudge to sleep. He was not going to get better unless he took lots of meds, xrays, exams and countless bloodtests. he was the stray we adopted, so we had him and he had us for about two years. He was a happy cat, and his last years were safe, warm and filled with food and play. That is a good epitaph, I think.
    I think so, too, Phoebe. Giving a home to an animal that has reached the senior years of its life bring special rewards.

Sandy said:
    Connie, you are so intelligent you put me to shame. I am with Maddie you lost me with the first set of numbers, but the trick is to have a couple of hundred calories left over to account for those lost calories, correct?
    Thank you for the compliment. A passenger on one of my tours once told me I was a "walking compendium of totally useless information". I had just finished giving them some background on a site we were off to visit. I think if you just subtract one calorie for every minute you spend on a machine you'll be close enough. The machine count is only an estimate after all.

It's 44 degrees here in the sunshine, and 30 degrees elsewhere. Snow cover is quickly disappearing. We'll be in the 60s by Sunday. Glory be. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon to all. I found the note thing, using it and loving it already. It's so sunny here that it looks beautiful outside but it's only 30 which is great since this morning it was only 9 and by Sunday, it's going be in the 40's. That counts as Spring, right?? :flowerforyou:

Gayla: So sorry to hear about your nephew. I know these things can be treated and slowed down but sometimes it takes a minute to grasp it and get ready to fight. I hope he takes that minute and then kicks some buttocks :devil:

Phoebe: So sorry about Pudge. I've had to put down pets and it's harder than hard. You provided a good life and the one thing about animals is that they only live from minute to minute...they don't plan, worry, punish, feel guilty or any of the things we do.....Pudge is at peace.

Irene: Please update on your grand:cry: daughter's condition. I hate to see kids sick...:cry:

Elli: The father is my youngest son....My oldest is going to be 43 this year and also has two sons but they are much older. His family is on my profile page as well.

Buzz: Please provide the Bean Soup recipe. My husband is going to make some ham and pink beans/black beans. His is really good but it is a little salty because of the ham.

So, one of my younger friends was raving about these Vitamuffin VitaTops. so I finally bought some today...OMG....they are goo! I think I will be able to put a little cool whip and a tsp of PB on top and avoid my Birthday Brownies.....Whoo Hoo. Look them up if you're not familiar. Did I say that they're good, I mean..G-R-E-A-T! :love:

Going to exercise...Later Where is the sweaty smiley????

Sweaty.jpg