Worst Thing You have been Witness to at the Gym!

Options

Replies

• kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was taking a power yoga class with a friend for the first time. We set up our mats in the back. I noticed my husband's (newly divorced) boss come in. Apparently he was a regular because he was chatting up all the ladies. He didn't notice me, but set his mat up right in front of me. He was wearing very loose, short shorts. Unfortunately, during my first downward dog I was faced with the fact he was also NOT wearing any underwear! I made it through half of the class before I was laughing so hard, I had to roll up my mat, grab my shoes and ditch my friend. I don't think he ever realized...but the company Christmas party has never been the same for me.
  • steveohypertension
    Options
    leaving the showers a 87 years old naked man started to stumble walking to the showers ... I was just leaving the showers ... I hadn't reached the towel rack yet ... and I caught him ... he was slippery from sweat ... I was slippery from my shower ... I'm still in therapy :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny! this is one of the main reasons I do not like to go to the YMCA or any of those other "popular" in town gyms, but rather work out at home or my community center where there is never more than 5 people in there at once. Anyway, when I did use to go, one lady was walking around the locker room butt naked after a shower and yeah, she needed a major razor to her pubes. Or the very least, a scissors. I mean, I wasn't trying to look, but she was doing stretches and everything and she was very naked.
    Another time was when a very obese, elderly lady asked me to wipe ointment or Icy Hot all over her back as she sweated profusely after working out. She was also very naked. I think people get a little too comfortable in the locker room at gyms.

why is it that the hairy ones like to walk around naked, just because we cant see "it", doesn't mean we can't see it!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    leaving the showers a 87 years old naked man started to stumble walking to the showers ... I was just leaving the showers ... I hadn't reached the towel rack yet ... and I caught him ... he was slippery from sweat ... I was slippery from my shower ... I'm still in therapy :)

Oh no, that was very nice of you though!!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I dont' want to miss out on any stories, so I'm bumping this! hahahah I'm headed to gym right after work, I'll fill y'all in if anything good happens!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Ok wait nope thought about this more...
    The worst thing I ever saw in the gym was a cardiac arrest -- Im a NP and it was interesting to see off the clock how fast my instincts were... I started CPR and had someone get the AED and he lived (and actually become my patient for many years).
    Now everytime I go to a new gym or YMCA I always ask where the AED is and they think Im nuts... Im telling you this stuff likes to follow me. I have resuscitated people in Epcot, Animal Kingdom, parks, races, church ... hehe!

well arent you an angel ;)
  • outersoul
    Options
    A guy with strings wrapped around his arms to accent his biceps Ultimate Warrior style.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFj4F1MfuvBv_TZK92J1CfDY8jOR22Asze6KRRMboYR6gOXhvvTg
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Lol in the UK most ppl get naked in the changing rooms as there are rarely more than 2 or 3 cubicles. Nobody bats an eyelid.

Grossest thing I've seen was a woman going crazy on the treadmill headed towards the changing room at same time as me with dripping wet hair from how much she was sweating. She blow-dried her sweaty hair WITHOUT washing it and walked on out with perfectly dry hair! GROSS!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This basically ties in with TC's post. At many of the 24-hour Fitness gyms, it seems that the thing to do for 65+ year old males like to do in the locker room, is to aim the hand dryer towards their crotch and start jiggling, flopping, and slapping their wrinkly prune-sacs underneath the heat for some good ol' fashioned, literal "slap-skin" methods of air drying their balls, with one leg raised onto the sink countertop, a la Captain Morgan.

Refreshing. Now extrapolate that image and envision 2 fully grown older "gentlemen" doin' that *kitten* facing each other sharing the same hand dryer. And viola! Need some Purell for your imagination?

[I'm well aware "viola" is a stringed instrument and that the correct expression is spelled V-O-I-L-A... It's for humorous purposes, so trolls need not apply your trollolololing here. I'm a GameFAQs veteran. I know how to counter-troll =B]
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    This basically ties in with TC's post. At many of the 24-hour Fitness gyms, it seems that the thing to do for 65+ year old males like to do in the locker room, is to aim the hand dryer towards their crotch and start jiggling, flopping, and slapping their wrinkly prune-sacs underneath the heat for some good ol' fashioned, literal "slap-skin" methods of air drying their balls, with one leg raised onto the sink countertop, a la Captain Morgan.

Refreshing. Now extrapolate that image and envision 2 fully grown older "gentlemen" doin' that *kitten* facing each other sharing the same hand dryer. And viola! Need some Purell for your imagination?

[I'm well aware "viola" is a stringed instrument and that the correct expression is spelled V-O-I-L-A... It's for humorous purposes, so trolls need not apply your trollolololing here. I'm a GameFAQs veteran. I know how to counter-troll =B]

Yikes!!! I don't even know what else to say :noway:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

You were very nice to catch him -- therapy is cheap compared to a hip :)
  • tater8589
    Options
    Ok, so I had to explain to my supervisor why I was laughing. I would be appaled if I saw some of these things at my gym. The worst for me has been that as many others have mentioned some people walk around nude in the locker room.. In my opinion, don't give me dirty looks for noticing your lack of clothing. We have enclosed showers with private changing areas. Plus its hard not to stare when you have a tattoo, I'm nosy and like tattoos.-- If you don't want me to look at it, cover it up.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    A guy with strings wrapped around his arms to accent his biceps Ultimate Warrior style.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFj4F1MfuvBv_TZK92J1CfDY8jOR22Asze6KRRMboYR6gOXhvvTg

Hey....I :heart: Ultimate Warrior. He was my most favoritist WWF wrestler growing up. )Yes, I admit it, I watched WWF all. the time. with my grandma - who believed it was real!)

Wrestling just isn't what it used to be...

now back to our regularly scheduled program.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • willowyn
    Options
    Only one I have is young guys lifting too much weight and grunting so loudly you can hear it throughout the gym.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha :laugh: :happy: This is a great topic! I don't have anything nearly as funny to share, but have enjoyed reading these!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    A woman at least 70yrs old with so much extra skin she lost a ton of weight but dayum the skin....Showed me her lovely belly button tatoo that went around the belly button and all that extra skin :/ Was motivating to get my butt back on the treadmill but now I am worried I will have skin like that :noway:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As I was walking out of the locker room a couple weekends ago I caught the hairy brown eye of a woman bending over to get into her locker.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There was a huge, muscular guy in my old gym that had some kind of allergies or whatever. He would walk over to the trash can between sets, put one finger over one nostril and blow hard and fast shooting out the contents of his open nostril like a bullet into the trash can. Then, he would repeat with the other side. I just about threw up the first time and can't say that I ever got used to it. The really gross part was that he didn't have very good aim so there was evidence on the wall of his past misses.

I asked another guy about it and he said it is called a "farmer blow" but I haven't heard that term before or since.

--Carter
  • emmascott
    Options
    This is awful. I used to get membership to a gym in a hotel with work, years ago. That bits not awful! Lol lol. I went into the steam room which was pool-side where there were three elderly men. Well, let's just say that the one was lying down, with an other leaning over!!! The third was just watching. I was soooo embarrassed that I thought it better to pretend I hadn't seen and I sat in there with them in silence! Lol lol. How awful