do men prefer skinny women?

Options

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    My hubby loves me no matter my size. He think I'm sexier now though because I feel more confident in myself and I put a little more effort into dressing and looking nice.
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :frown: Not a clue, i've been both slim and extremely overweight, ask a man to his face he'll probably say curvy, but then ask him what famous women he's attracted to and you'll find a real mix. Mainly the true answer is a confident woman, irrespective of body size.:wink:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My hubby says he prefers curves on the hips and thighs, not bones on bones.
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    A good male friend of mine told me recently that beautiful women, just like beautiful cars, have curves.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have been trolling android phone site and for wallpapers who seems to be very popular is Veronica Gomez. I wouldn't think of her a skinny (again, not sure what the prevailing theory of what "skinny" is).
  • oneton_TJ
    oneton_TJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying i heard from a friend.

"you wanna know what kind of women i like? The kind that like me"
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend thinks im sexy, and tells me this all the time. Yet, he has only dated two bigger girls. I think my attitude and personaility add to the "sexy" he is seeing though. I know that i can look at a guy across the room and think he is hot, but once he starts talking and i get a feel for who he IS.... my opinion can change quickly
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying i heard from a friend.

"you wanna know what kind of women i like? The kind that like me"

Love that!
  • dunztar
    Options
    I like a little bit of weight... but really have no preferences. My only requirement is that if I am working my butt off to lose weight, and she just lays down and watches TV all day... there's issues then. So technically I like girls who are at least working on getting in shape
  • hulk666
    hulk666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, men do prefer skinny women. There . . . the truth is out. Just like women prefer men who are muscular versus a wimpy guy, right? Be honest. All the same personal stats--would you choose a wimpy or fatter guy over someone who is ripped and in shape given that you know that both men are equally attracted to you?
  • anidiotabroad
    Options
    Sorry Hulk666, but you are wrong, totally. In fact of all things in the world that could possibly be wrong, that is top of the list! If people honestly are like how you have described, then you are one of the shallow breed of people in the world today.
    My personal opinion and the view of most men will be based around personality rather than looks. Ok, looks do initially attract in the first instances, and everyone has their type of women who appeal to them, wether its slim, average or larger. So there really isn't any answer to the question, everyone likes something different, Personaly I like the average woman.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Anidiotabroad i think that it is nice that you guys are not looking for super skinny girls.
  • tmill91
    Options
    I have been trolling android phone site and for wallpapers who seems to be very popular is Veronica Gomez. I wouldn't think of her a skinny (again, not sure what the prevailing theory of what "skinny" is).

Have to agree with you there. She's slim, curves in all the right places, but she's not skinny. She's hot! We have similar body types though, so I might be a little biased.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I would say no, not skinny, but a healthy attractive weight for the frame it's on. Let's face it, some women are bigger built and will never be "mainstream skinny", but will be skinny for there frame. If that makes any sense. I dated a girl 5'9 160 and she had a body to die for.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Yes, men do prefer skinny women. There . . . the truth is out. Just like women prefer men who are muscular versus a wimpy guy, right? Be honest. All the same personal stats--would you choose a wimpy or fatter guy over someone who is ripped and in shape given that you know that both men are equally attracted to you?

Depends on the man. My 23 year old daughter has always been "average" sized. She's never had any trouble getting the boys interested in her. She has great curves, a beautiful face, and a really cute personality. She hasn't been single for more than a week or two in the last 10 years.
  • reasonablyvain
    Options
    nearly all men say they prefer curves but I think they have a different definition of curvy to us... slim and toned but still got boobs and a bum!

Exactly. Curvy means hourglass shaped, to men and and many women, and sure you have to be a little heavier for that, but "curvy" does not mean overweight or obese.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    nearly all men say they prefer curves but I think they have a different definition of curvy to us... slim and toned but still got boobs and a bum!

Exactly. Curvy means hourglass shaped, to men and and many women, and sure you have to be a little heavier for that, but "curvy" does not mean overweight or obese.

Very true and also dioesn`t mean to be picture perfect thin as well...a lady has a feminine figure that is appealing within quite a range of weight depending on height,build and so on.
    Her personality is the key still as even the most attractive lady on the outside with a dark heart will still be ugly.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Depends on the man. My 23 year old daughter has always been "average" sized. She's never had any trouble getting the boys interested in her. She has great curves, a beautiful face, and a really cute personality. She hasn't been single for more than a week or two in the last 10 years.

You should discourage this...just as a side. I know it is completely NONE of my business and I mean no disrespect and am not offering insult or critical commentary, BUT from my experience, girls who don't know how to be alone tend to develop dependency issues and overall maintain an underdeveloped sense of selfworth or self-opinion, constantly relying on the confirmation of their significant other to maintain self.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I've always been a chubby girl and have struggled with my weight. I have found through out my life that men definitely prefer skinny women. I have been working out and I believe I am in good shape now but men still prefer skinny over toned chubby or curvy. Again I agree with y'all when you state men just don't want to be singled out for dating the fat girl even though she has a great personality. As for me, I was lucky to find a man when I weighed 260lbs and give me a chance. We have been married for over 12 years and he has supported my Yo-Yo weight. I am currently at 182.6 lbs and still working at getting HEALTHY not skinny.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    But has the word "curvy" become a politer replacement for fat?

This. I know a lot of people who substitute "I'm a fatass" with "I'm curvy." Beyonce is curvy and toned. I would say most guys prefer her body type to Kate Moss.
    -wtk

Edit: I would add that a lot of guys would prefer Kate Moss to Roseanne Barr.