*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #8 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've still be hitting the gym 5-6 times a week. Doing 30 to 60 minutes of cardio on most days and weights for 45 to 60 minutes 3 days a week. Been trying to watch my calorie intake and keeping snacking to a minimum. The past 2 weeks I have lost 4 pounds total. Been happy with that as I am in my 140's now.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Krys,

Thanks for the explanation of the color codes, I can see it. I am eager to see the updated excel with this weeks measurements. May I know when it will be available. You are doing a wonderful job in tracking and thanks for the effort you put into it.

Have a Great weekend!!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I'm proud of you guys for working so hard on all your goals :)

I haven't been seeing the loss I have wanted. So I bought an HRM which should be here by the end of this month. I also bought some resistance bands last night at Walmart for 19 dollars and will add those in to the mix after I figure out what I am doing with them. And my boyfriend and I are looking into kettlebells. I want to try and up the intensity and see if that helps.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I can't believe I've been bitten by the injury bug! I hope it doesn't keep my down too long. I have to keep my eating in check. It will be a major challenge, but certainly not impossible!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I've been bitten by the injury bug! I hope it doesn't keep my down too long. I have to keep my eating in check. It will be a major challenge, but certainly not impossible!

You will be ok...just keep your eating healthy and take the time your body needs to heal :). Can't wait to have you back 100%
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I'm proud of you guys for working so hard on all your goals :)

I haven't been seeing the loss I have wanted. So I bought an HRM which should be here by the end of this month. I also bought some resistance bands last night at Walmart for 19 dollars and will add those in to the mix after I figure out what I am doing with them. And my boyfriend and I are looking into kettlebells. I want to try and up the intensity and see if that helps.

I'm right there with you...getting my resistance bands Monday. And I figure doing the jogging will be a huge help. :). Good luck stepping up the intensity...just make sure you give your body time to rest in between strength training. Great job!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I had a great week aide from not exercising.

I am now 10 days binge free. I'm really proud of that. I haven't gone that long without binging since I put on this 30 pounds over the fall. My TOM is over. Yesterday and today I weighed in at 167.5 :smile:

I just hope to continue progressing like this.

Great job girl!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    I am finally checking in here for the first time all week. I am disappointed and was thinking about giving up on another diet plan. I usually do end up quitting and I really want to succeed this time. Thanks to Krys for checking on me, it was the incentive I needed to decide to keep trying to do this.

Hi Kayla & anyone else debating on whether they should throw in the towel,
    I am glad you decided not to give up. GIving up would not have solve your problem. Please get rid of the all or nothing attitude. You probably feel if you are not perfect at losing the weight then you can't do it and this is absolutely not true. You do not have to be perfect to succeed. Success is never giving up.

Another tidbit is to stop thinking of this as a diet plan. Think of it as a lifestyle change. This should help you get right of the all or nothing feelings. Since we know we are not perfect for a lifetime, then we should get rid of the having the need to be perfect on this journy. when you have over 100 pounds to lose, you will need a lot of patience with yourself, perseverance, and positive thinking. Dig deep and you will see you are very strong. Believe you can abosultely do this, no matter how long it takes!:flowerforyou:

I address this to Kayla, but I saw some others who the same applies to and hopefully they will be encouraged! We can do this! Believe and you can acheive it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    4 pounds gained this week!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I did too much celebrating last weekend but I did get back on track this past week because I had gained more than 4 pounds initially. YAY! We are not perfect and gaining is part of the process. I learn much each time I gain. Consistency not perfection is the key. Next week I will shoot for getting back to 348.

I just looked at our wonderful charts and my goal is to get back in the green or at least the orange........:-) It will probably take 2 weeks of real diligence for me to get back to the green colors but I am shooting for the green!:bigsmile: This is the 1st week I fell out of the green!:grumble: lol!!:laugh: I am getting back to my green!:happy:

Congrats to all of you who are contining the challenge!! Keep up the good work! You can do this! You all are awesome and I love being in such a supportive challenge!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    PLEASE READ:

You all are chatting up a storm and I tried to read as many of the posts as I could but I just could not read them all so here goes for those I remembered.

There was person on the thread who has went 10 days without binging. I could never find the original poster but I say a person who grabbed the quote. Whoever you are, AWESOME job!! I am a binge eater so 10 days without binging is SUPER!!

Someone asked who do you lose 4 to 5 pounds in a week. For me it is a little easier because I still weigh over 340 pounds but when I put my mind to eating only protiens, veggies and fruits and exercise 45 to 60 days 5 to days a week I can drop 4 to 6 pounds and I don't have to 100% perfect either. If is do this 85%/15% I am good for at least a 4 to 5 pound loss and when I say 45 to 60 min I do mean cardio. In addition to this I still get in 2 to 3 weight training days per week. With the cold and snow I have fell off this wagon some but now that spring is in the air some I have really been shooting for getting in the gym 3 days. When the weather breaks I will be in the gym 4 to 5 days.

So bottom line is when my eating is good and exercise is good at the same time, I can lose 4 to 5 pounds a week. The funny thing about the exercise is it will help you lose more weight only if your eating is in order. I can't tell you how many times I have gained weight and I exercise like a demon because of poor eating. (binges)

Eating is 80 percent of it unless you are on the biggest loser and can exercise 5 to 8 hours a day. Remember if you eat within your calorie range you will lose weight. You will lose more weight if you eat clean calories, meaning low fat, lean meats, veggies, fruits, and low sodium, etc. You will lose even more if you throw in some exercise. But if you eat poorly and exercise 7 days a week you will NOT lose weight.

Sweet dreams and have a good week all!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ~ SELF KNOWLEDGE ~:flowerforyou:
    :~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:
    We're our own dragons as well as our own
    heroes and we have to rescue ourselves
    from ourselves. by Tom Robbins
    ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .
    I realize that if I want to see myself
    as I really am, I cannot stand in my own
    shadow.

Have a good weekend everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Eating is 80 percent of it unless you are on the biggest loser and can exercise 5 to 8 hours a day. Remember if you eat within your calorie range you will lose weight. You will lose more weight if you eat clean calories, meaning low fat, lean meats, veggies, fruits, and low sodium, etc. You will lose even more if you throw in some exercise. But if you eat poorly and exercise 7 days a week you will NOT lose weight.

Yeaaaaaahhhh I love that you understand this! This is why I always say that the eating part is SO crucial! Its the reason why your sodium can be high for a whole week, you can work out that whole week and still see a gain. What you put in your body is so important :) Wonderful message!
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Hey all finally lost a pound. Been down and out but I am back with a vengeance. Did Zumba today for 45 minutes. Had to push but I got through it. Planned my menu for the week. Hoping to start encouraging my hubby to loose some weight once I start. Staying focused. Thanks to all of those who inboxed me...made sure I was okay and just supported me. It has and is greatly appreciated.

D.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    So proud of you! I am glad to see you back. Sometimes it just takes that little bit of motivation to push through and get back on it! This is not a sprint, so its ok...as long as you don't give up and get back up when you fall...that is what makes a true champion.
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Snowflakes..

Its overcast here in Illinois so this is my cooking/cleaning day. I've got tossed salads lined up, grilled salmon to throw on top, bbq tofu and a host of other goodies to keep me armed and dangerous this week. Its gonna be a good one! This morning I didn't feel like doing yoga so I decided to do a quick warm up using yoga and then hit Jillian Michael's 30DS. This experience reminded me of the power of zumba....I've been doing mostly zumba and yoga for the last month and I haven't touched 30DS in about 3 months. Now, I know its only the level 1, but I breezed through it today. Those side lunges and arm raises used to assassinate me. Not today. I finished strong and pumped out those bicycle crunches. As a woman over 250 pounds, I smiled inside thinking, I KILLED that workout. What a happy feeling I had and a motivating reminder that change is coming, even if the scale doesn't say so!

YAYYYYYYYYYYY *happy dance*
  • ltlhmom
    Options

Its overcast here in Illinois so this is my cooking/cleaning day. I've got tossed salads lined up, grilled salmon to throw on top, bbq tofu and a host of other goodies to keep me armed and dangerous this week. Its gonna be a good one! This morning I didn't feel like doing yoga so I decided to do a quick warm up using yoga and then hit Jillian Michael's 30DS. This experience reminded me of the power of zumba....I've been doing mostly zumba and yoga for the last month and I haven't touched 30DS in about 3 months. Now, I know its only the level 1, but I breezed through it today. Those side lunges and arm raises used to assassinate me. Not today. I finished strong and pumped out those bicycle crunches. As a woman over 250 pounds, I smiled inside thinking, I KILLED that workout. What a happy feeling I had and a motivating reminder that change is coming, even if the scale doesn't say so!

Woohoo! I also surprised myself the other day when I ran a mile straight on the treadmill without stopping! It is awesome when we start seeing how strong we really are and that everything we have been doing is making us strong healthy women that can kick some butt! WOOHOO!
  • ltlhmom
    Options
    Hi snowflakes! I think this is the first time I have ever posted on a discussion post, but I am here because I had lost motivation-completely- until this morning, I got on the scale after forgetting to weigh in yesterday (probably because I was so afraid to weigh in) and I lost a whole pound! I am so excited, surprised and confused all at the same time! I honestly have not exercised since sometime in the end of January, and I haven't been really watching what I eat either and have also slipped back into drinking more sweet tea when usually i would only drink a glass with my dinner and the rest of the day was water. So I was so afraid the scale would go back up, but it went down! I am so happy, I don't know where my motivation went or why I lost it, but I think this 1 pound loss even when not doing anything to get it has opened my eyes, I want to continue to see the number go down and get to where I'm happy, and obviously I CAN get there. So, I am sooo happy that I am actually gonna go get in my exercise right now, it's calling to me and if I don't get up and do it now I may not do it at all today! I want to thank Krys for starting this group, and all of you and my MFP friends for always being so encouraging, being a part of this group and knowing that I have to weigh in every Friday is what has kept me from giving up completely! If I had not found this site or this group I probably wouldn't of even stuck with exercising and counting calories for more than a week, and I would not have the 8 pound loss I have today! THANK YOU ALL!!

You can do it girl! I'm glad that you are here with us and were able to put it out there! Give yourself a pat on the back! Exercising is contagious. You feel so much better after you have done it! Keep at it girl you got this one in the bag!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hey Snowflakes!! I hope everyone had a good weekend! I however am sick and have a sick baby and bf so it has not been a great weekend at our house :( Not to mention it is TOM (started this morning) soI have been laying around most of the day and eating non stop. I went over calories and didnt workout :sad: I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. Although I have to start studying for an anatomy exam that I have on friday and have to get the little one in to the pediatrician so im not sure how much free time I am going to have or if I am even going to feel like exercising so i guess i will just try to focus on staying under calories for the most part. Good luck this week everyone!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options

Awesome Job girl!!! So proud of you for sticking with it!!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    @litlhmom

Puts a little extra pep in the step, doesn't it?
    That mile must have felt sooo good.. Work it