Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend

As far as Feb goes....
    Lose 4 lbs... didn't make it.. only lost 2... I could have worked harder to loose the weight, but I am decreasing my March goal
    Exercise 4 days a week... I think I did this everyweek.. I am pretty excited about achieving this goal
    Keep Motivated.. well this was about half and half ... i am hopeing the sun will help with this in march

This past week... I am doing good about logging in everyday and logging all of my food.. perhaps logging in too much but that is a different post for another day.. As ususal I did well during the week.. starting 30 day shred and was eating well and the weekend i blew it.. didnt work out and the healthy eating went by the way side and the scale showed it this morning.. Work has been getting me down lately .( well when is it not) but my sister is getting married soon and I have a shower and a bachlorette party to plan so hopefully that will keep my mind busy.

I hope everyone has a better March than February! Lord knows I could use a better month. Best Wishes to everyone! :glasses:
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Well, Feb 1st was the first 'real' day of dieting, and I've lost a stone already!

I know most of it is water weight, and I'm noticing already that my weight loss is slowing, it's still a nice milestone.

I'm trying to drink more water, but it's difficult!

I have got the Wii out again and I'm loving it! Trying do at least 30 mins 3 times a week and we'll see how it goes.

As for March...
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks

I'm actually looking forward to some nicer weather so I can hopefully go for a walk/jog more often :smile:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well!

March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!
  • fightingdissonance
    Options
    Well happy March everyone! Spring is not far away at all and I for one am thrilled to see the beginning of the end for this winter!

My February goals were to get to gym 3x/week, increase elliptical level from 6-10[/20], hold 2 planks for min each, and lose 5lbs and 2" total from hips and waist. Met the scale and measurement goals, and for the non-scale goals, they were met with the exception of the last 2 weeks of February where I made it twice weekly. Though I'm definitely not advocating less exercise haha, interestingly enough when I slowed down those last 2 weeks is when I saw the most weight loss and broke out of the plateau I had been on for a couple weeks. Also coincided with increasing calories from 1200 to 1300, so though I was skeptical at first about how eating more calories can mean more weight loss, I've concluded that 1200 is most definitely too low for me on most days and that overtraining and doing too much too soon is easier to slip into than I had previously thought. Had jammed into one workout strength training of every muscle group and at least 30 mins on the elliptical each time I went to the gym, and was doing more strength at home in between gym workouts - probably would be fine after building strength and endurance a bit more, but all I was doing was impeding any real progress in muscle mass and I definitely wasn't seeing much weight loss. So now, I've been alternating days doing abs/arms one day, then elliptical, legs, shoulders, and back the next, with 2-3 rest days a week.

For March, my goals are to be down to 130 by April, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue gym 3x/week, and up elliptical to 15. I have yet to start C25K and don't think I'm quite there yet in terms of fitness, but also want to start W1 by the end of March.

Welcome to all the new people! Hope everyone had a great February and look forward to kicking *kitten* in an even more awesome March with everyone!

NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
  • cheralicia
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm so glad short February is OVERR...it was a brutal month but I'm so ready for March!

February Goals...Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days)
    Well yeah like I said, February was brutal but I didn't do as bad as expected... scale didn't budge which is OK because I always plateau at 118, it's really hard for me to get beyond that in a healthy way. I did make my non-scale goals with the exception of tracking everything - I had a few weekends with family and friends and just fell off the wagon both with keeping up with the thread, and logging. I did get in around 3 workouts a week, which I was really proud of myself for doing! I also cooked most days, and reserved eating out for Fridays.

Anyway, I'm so excited for March! It's warming up and I have one very long month to get myself going. This month I'm not going to focus on the scale, just going to focus on food and diet. I'll do WIs every week but not going to set a scale goal for myself.

So here we go, let's get March started!

My Goals: Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies and Happy March!! February was a brutal month for me so I am more than happy to welcome March and all that it has to offer. Plus...I have a wedding in less than 3 weeks that I am super excited about.

February goals...
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!

I can't say that I really accomplished any of my goals for February so I will keep them the same until I can get a handle on them. I would obviously love for the number on the scale to plummet into a downward spiral but I keep checking every morning and it doesn't seem to be happening that way. So...my next best option is to focus on changing my lifestyle. So for March, I want to continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training. And of course look as close to drop dead gorgeous as I can get for the wedding...hehe!

cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile: I'm new! I'm going to make two 12-hour road trips (and a couple 3-hour ones) this month, so this month should be interesting. But that's no excuse, right? So my goals for the month are 6 pounds lost, exercise 5 days a week, nothing but water and/or tea, and cutting out more white carbs. And I want to do 20 pushups a day (slowly upping it to 50) 3 days a week. And I want to be able to do a plank by the end of the month. For at least 60 seconds, maybe 120. I think that's enough :smile:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Welcome kristin- I added your goals to our list!

GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Happy March Everyone!!

I feel like I got march off to a great start with spin class this morning! I am also feeling really accomplished with regards to my February goals! totally rocked it!

Here is why I think it totally rocked-

1) I decided it was going to
    I think 90% of the time we mentally prevent ourselves from achieving our goals. I even asked for adivce about this at the beginning of the month. We tell ourselves that we can't do it wether it be sticking with a healthy diet or accomplishing our fitness goals. I decided that I was going to do it and I told myself that I could and I trusted my body to follow suit, and guess what- IT DID!!

2) Clean Eating!
    I am obsessed with the clean eating magazine. It has fantastic recipes that are made with only real and natural ingredients- you will spend a lot of time shopping in the produce section of your grocery store, but you will have quick easy delicious and healthy meals to eat every night! The magazine even has calorie descriptions to give you a general idea of a serving of the meal will be like in regards to your calorie goals. Mine have never been right on because of using different brands or tweaking the recipe slightly, but I think you would be pleasntly suprised at what eating clean can do for you!

I know we all had some emotinal struggles this month which makes keeping up a healthy lifestyle that much more difficult so I hope everyone has a fantastic March! Believe in yourself because I believe in YOU!!!

Megan
    XOXOXO
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I've been using MFP on my iPhone only, and just recently started to use it on my desktop at work : ) I'd love to join your challenge! Soudns like a motivational bunch!

kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Megan - I *love* that you've taken to clean eating so much! I am such a huge proponent of "shopping on the outside" and nearly 95% of what I buy regularly comes from the fresh section of the grocery store - almost all protein, fresh meats, and dairy products. Then I pick up whatever whole grains and dry legumes I eat at the bulk/whole foods store. The only real exception is the occasional tin of diced tomatoes, teas and coffee, natural PB, protein powder, sweetener (blast!) and ice cream, which I just refuse to give up :tongue: It has made a world of difference in my life to start eating like this and I am really glad that you and many other ladies on here are giving it an honest to goodness effort. Keep it up! :bigsmile:

Measured today and here's the progress so far:

Waist 26.5 on 12/31/10
    Today 26.25
    Hips 36.5 on 12/31/10
    Today 36
    Chest 32.0 on 12/31/10
    Today 32

Ahem... Yea. Not much progress eh? My back measured 30.5 today, which is 1/2 inch less as well. Didn't think to measure my thighs again but I assume they haven't changed much. C'est la vie!

Protein brownies just came out of the oven! Wooot :drinker: Made them with unsweetened applesauce to replace the banana, splenda and water. Hoping they turn out. In other news, I ran for 18 mins today and my foot is feeling OK. Not great. Was definitely feeling some pressure as I ran :ohwell: not fun. I miss my long runs and just zoning out, hitting the pavement. Hopefully I can get back to it soon. YogaFit and maybe some treadmill action tomorrow. We'll see!

Roasting some veggies this afternoon and then a yummy Sweet and Sour Chicken-Cabbage Soup for dinner - at least I hope it'll be yummy. New recipe time!
    Meag
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Feb goals
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.

Well I didn't lose 4 pounds, I was down 2 and then jumped back up to what I weighed the beginning of the month. I am not going to let it get me down. Trying to lose weight right now before my triathlon is just really hard. I train 4-6 days a week and I need fuel. Also with this crappy weather I hardly want to do any extra workouts or even just walks. I am not going to put a scale goal for this month. This is the last month before I go to hawaii. Of course I want to weigh less but that is going to just be my ultimate goal in the back of my mind. Just weigh less than I do when I weigh myself this friday. I had a few slip ups and went out a little too much the past few weeks and I know why I gained these last few weeks. I am going to weigh myself this friday and not worry if the scale is higher and just focus on it being a little less if possible for my trip to hawaii. I did make it to a yoga class, but I did not track everything that went into my mouth that might be a continuing goal. Here are my goals for the month.

maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
  • seripha
    seripha Posts: 92
    Options
    Feb Goals - 148lb, work out 5 x a week, kung fu 3x a week.

Well I definitely made 2/3: I got the 3x a week kung fu and the work out 5 x a week. Disappointed I'm up to 151 again. Only 1 lb so I'm trying not to sweat it. Don't know if it's muscle or because I've been eating really crappily (within my calorie range still, but it's not good food I'm putting in) or a little mixture of both.

Going to focus on this week upping my veg, fruit, and yogurt and cutting back on my protein. I was eating WAY too much protein / protein bars last week and I think it shows. My tummy already feels better from eating more of the veg / fruit, so I'm going to keep going with that :)

Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    seripha - Down to 149 lbs, do the St. Patty's 5K in 30 min and under :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I am just going to stay consistent with my 2 spinning classes, weight training 3 times a week, and watching what I eat. I was 203 friday morning, I think I have lost another pound since then, but I don't officially weigh in again till this weekend.
    Hroush - lose 3 lbs (make goal weight). Continue being a good boy, at in least working out.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hroush - lose 3 lbs (make goal weight). Continue being a good boy, at in least working out.
    bethikabob-CW 268, lose 9lbs, exercise at least 150 min a week, interval training at least 2x a week, get w/in 300 calories of my daily goal (not including exercise cal's)
  • Eric_Geary
    Eric_Geary Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So Feb. was my first month in this group and i have to say i set a really unattainable goal, so for this month im going more realistic. So this month i want to drop 10 pounds, and do 24 hours of cardio this month!

LiL_Fizzy- Lose 10 pounds and do 24 hours of cardio this month.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and Happy March 1st!!
    Feb. goals:
    lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.

Well I lost 3.2 lbs so yay for that. But I am okay with that, it was a hard beginning of the month and an even more hard month at the end. I did workout 5x a week with 2 amazing rest days. And I tried 4 new classes at the gym! I failed miserably of not drinking soda. And last I was motivating to family and friends!

Now to march goals
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.

shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
  • Sams111
    Sams111 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey ya'll! This is my fist time to do this hopefully I posted correctly. I have been working on my weight since January but this only about my second week on MFP. My goal for March is to get into the 220's. Continue doing my spin classes at least 3 times a week but going to the gym at least 5 days a week. Also I really need to learn how to increase my calories intake to lose weight because I know I am eating way to little.

Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.