SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi There Fellow Walkers !!! :flowerforyou:

Jenny ! Hope your feeling better today.

I didn't get any walking in today, Instead I played 1 hour of tennis with my brother (Finally). I Love playing & it's the first time since this journey That I got the chance to play. YAY!

I Lifted weights last night And I'll put another 10 minutes in tonight. My Arms Are already Sore UGH!!!

I'll be back walking Tomorrow!

VIGGIE ! Awesome to see you SO UP BEAT!! GREAT!!! Glad your So Positive!! Lets Do IT!!!!

GREAT MARCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!! LETS ROCK IT!!! :drinker:

Oh By THE WAY, for People that aren't on my profile page, Thats my New pic after losing 40 pounds Now have another 40 to go.

Please feel free to Add me :bigsmile:
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! As March is beginning and I find myself not feeling well with this cold I feel I'm getting behind before I start my walking and lifting goals. I'm packing for a weekend get a way tonight and going to bed early. Tomorrow night I have a class and leave on friday afternoon. I know I will be snow shoeing this weekend and doing some outside walking with my friends up at the lake. I may need to readjust my goals for March on Monday.... Happy Weekend!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was just one of those days where things didn't go as I'd planned. I'll try to do better today!

JRBanta, I'm feeling a little behind starting out this month also, we'll just have to keep pushing thru. I've found that I go through spells like this and just have to keep pushing through. This too shall pass . . .

Tomorris if Friday so things are looking better! :smile:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Happy March.

March 1
    Monday~4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4.5 miles
    Wednesday~4 miles
    Thursday~3.5 miles

Done 16.5 miles
    Goal 80 miles
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all.

I've been feeling under the weather because of a bad cold so I haven't done much walking. 1 mile in the morning is all I have managed so far this month.

I HAVE added yoga back into my mornings, though. 20 minutes of Hatha yoga. I am amazed at how stiff and out of alignment I have become! (I used to do yoga all the time!) It has also been helping with the head congestion.

I can repost the list of online walkng videos, if anyone wants it. Let me know.

Nice to see you, Viggie. Also, welcome to our new walkers!

I will try to get back here later. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great day!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for welcoming me back. I just did 3 milesof LS 5mile fat burning walk. I need a pain pill and a nap now.:laugh:
  • PeachMommy30
    PeachMommy30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the group!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the group!

Walk right in, and don't sit right down! Welcome
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning Group!! Welcome All New comers Nice to Have you ALL :flowerforyou:

PMJSMOM --- I hope you feel better soon I always had the desire to do yoga, But never did it. One day maybe

I walked 5.7 miles this morning, It was sooooo windy I couldn't even wear my hat to keep the sun off my face. UGH! And then 30 minutes left of my walk the clouds came , But No rain luckly :wink:

I don't lift weights until late at night, so I need to log it in when I log in my Walk in the mornings Or I might have to Log it the next day. Im already feeling it in my arms "SORE" . I can't Wait to see some results. Yeah I know I just started lol :blushing:

Have a Great Thursday Everyone! And Happy Walking :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the group Jala, cdb and Peach.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much these first few days, it's been a rough week but it's almost over! YAY! I haven't even had time to really think about my goals so I"m going to stick with the 40 miles and just leave the weight training minutes where I put them on my test ticker. Maybe I'll do some recalculating after this weekend.

Our nice wam weather seems to be cooling off again, I guess it was just a teaser :tongue: I really need to get in a long workout this weekend. I can really see a difference in my moods when I don't exercise so I've really got to stay on track.

Keep on walking everyone! The weekend is almost here!

Great new picture Teresa! Your really doing a great job!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    AWE Thank You Sandy :happy:

Just dropping in to say I finished my 10 minute weights tonight. Tomorrow Im taking a break from weights And I'll be back Saturday.

Can't wait for the Weekend, One more day to go :wink:

Good Night!!! Sleep Tight :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Nite Teresa:yawn:

I did 20 minutes of weights today and worked in some crunches this afternoon. I did not log the crunches.

Tonight for dinner I ate a whole steak. :huh: I know it's not reasonable, but my body wanted it! :devil: I was feeling the need for protien.
    I am not a binge eater, and usually have no problems staying under my calories. :ohwell: I ate it I have no excuse to offer, and it tasted wonderful. :smokin: I was under my calories, just..............................................barely.:blushing:

:glasses: Nite all, :yawn: Alice
  • constancemwj
    Options
    hi everyone,
    I finally feel like I back in the swing of things..... Last month was so miserable, and cold and I felt yecky through much of it and just gave up almost all together. but we've finally had a nice week of beautiful days. I was able to get out and enjoy them and lift my spirits enough to get me through this next week which is suppost to be snowy again... I hate this time of year because I get spring fever so bad.

I got in 3 miles to day. My daughter even joined me, even after she got back from running for track practice, she's in high school and loves running. She told me she's going to keep me on track this month,,,, if she has to run I have to walk.....:laugh: I just might reach my goal and then some...

everyone have a great night. and keep walking :drinker:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new walkers! Everyone is making nice progress. I'm still under the weather so it has been a sedentary week for me. Not started my goals for this month yet. I hope to snow shoe and walk at my friend's lake cabin this weekend. I just keep drinking Airborne and sucking on the cough drops. Now for some Nyquil and off to bed.

Happy walking and think positive thoughts for my cold to be done!

Jenny
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Good Morning all! Happy March.

March 1
    Monday~4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4.5 miles
    Wednesday~4 miles
    Thursday~3.5 miles weights 20min
    Friday~2.5 power miles with intervals weights10min

Done 19 miles
    Goal 80 miles
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello, Good afternoon Group!

Jenny I hope you have a GReat Weekend with your friends / Feel Better

My Job Canceled me today, So I was able to walk further. 6.33 miles in 2 hours & 10 minutes.

Time for Lunch :bigsmile:

Thank God A Nice Long weekend . EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!!!!!!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    ok time to get back on track, Feb just got away from me. Hubby had pneumonia and everything just went down hill, But time to pick myself up and get back in charge of the journey
  • constancemwj
    Options
    hi all,
    I got home from work tonight and decided I was not going to walk. after dinner.... I daughter cleaned up and then said lets go. She pushed me out the door. and we went 2 miles tonight. Tomorrow, I get to spend the day at a JH wrestling match. She made me promise I'd sneak away and walk sometime durning the day though..... She's so good for me.

Jenny hope you feel better soon, have fun snow shoing this weekend, I use to love to go, but haven't been in years.

have a great weekend all, and keep moving....
  • sandara
    Options
    Happy Weekend! It's a wet one here.

Busy day ahead! I'll be back later :happy: