Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :smile: :bigsmile: OFF TO MY SHOWER:bigsmile: :smile:

Ok, can you tell I am excited. We are driving the 7 hours tonight, so I can be refreshed tomorrow for the big event! I am not real excited about driving 7 hours after sitting at work for 10, but hopefully all goes well.

As for the gluecose test, I was told to have a light breakfast, but my appointment wasn't until 10:30. I had 3 hard boiled egg whites for breakfast, and ate imediately after (around noon). I felt a bit off and dizzy most of the afternoon, but I was able to go back to work just fine. The lady in the lab where I had to drink it was really mean. She gave me the bottle, and told me I had 2 minutes to drink it. I asked if 2 minutes and 20 seconds was ok...just beacuse I was trying to calm my nerves, and the bottle seemed huge to get down in 2 minutes, and she gave me this HUGE lecture about having to do the test again if I didn't get it down in exactly 2 minutes. She also told me I couldn't leave the building, couldn't sleep, couldn't walk, or do anything that would get my heart rate up. I couldn't talk on the phone either! I was like Gee Wizz, and the lady gave me a really mean eye roll.

Now that I look at it, the whole thing was comical. It was great how serious she thought her job was!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone, I will check in when I get back from New York on Monday!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I hope you have an amazing shower!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

Have fun!!!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the zoo w/ the kids. Lots of walking. We live 40 minutes from ABQ and the zoo, up here in the mountains we are surrounded my juniper. It is ow blooming. I have become so allergic to it the past few years. I could scratch my face off and eyes, it is horrible.

I love going to the zoo! I can't wait til baby Josh is old enough to enjoy family trips like this.

Sorry your allergies are bothering you, hope you get some relief soon!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Have a good weekend everyone, I will check in when I get back from New York on Monday!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy your shower! Be sure to check in and let us know all the goodies you and baby get!!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Rachel and 911girl I have NO idea how you aren't busting at the seams to find out what the sex is. I tried to go buy stuff for the baby but everything is so gender specific that I ended up walking out of the store with nothing! I think it is awesome that you have that much self control! lol!

I just buy a set of newborn for each sex, I usually buy practically new at baby resale shops. I don't like gender neutral clothes.

That is such a good idea! I never thought of that.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I have spent about $25 for each set w/ each new baby coming. I have all the girly stuff from Finnian since he was a boy. I have added a few things to the girl pile and bought several new pieces for the boy pile. It is in my newborn baby bin for clothes, girl one side, boy the other. When it gets close to baby arriving I put one set in each drawer. After birth dh or one of my children puts the unneeded sex of clothing away for next time ;)
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Ron- it is possible for them to tell you gender but it is up to the person doing the exam. I was 12 weeks when they did my first NST screening and the doctor told me I was having a girl, 3 more ultrasounds have confirmed so he was right on. It is only supposed to be like 80 something % accurate

Amanda-hope you have a wonderful shower, it is going to be an AWESOME weekend!

MWilson-not sure where you have been but I know your 2nd shower is this weekend also, hope it goes well and you gets lots more of Annabelle’s necessities. I cant fathom how much clothing your princess has already so hopefully not too much more of that.

Annabelle- I love the zoo, the boys are looking forward to going since it has been quite a while. It has become our family tradition to go to the zoo for easter, the are already planning on taking pictures with their sister in her easter dress, lol.

Jen- glad it went well, it is a magical experience to me every time I have seen via ultrasound or heard the heart beat of any of my babies.

Daddy picked 2 outfits for when Brooklynn comes home, we have one for warm weather and one for cold. We have gone from sun to rain for some reason just back and forth, so much for sunny California! I just packed gowns for the hospital because I LOVE how easy they are to deal with when baby is so young.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Amanda I hope you have a fantastic time at your baby shower and get lots of fun and some needed gifts!!!

Ron of course they were absolutely elated! After the m/c in October (I didn't tell them about the one in December...it was too soon and too hard) they were devastated. They are already planning for when "our" baby (as in the entire family's baby) arrives!

I had my second HCG beta blood draw today. Looking forward to finding out the levels! I'm just waiting for DH to get off work so we can head to the lake for some shopping/eating!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I got up at 5 to make a 7a flight this morning. I ate a big bowl of Special K with fresh strawberries, and munched on some chocolate pomegranant things as well at the airport and on the plane. I was SO hot at the airport and then again on the plane. Like hot flashes I had after my 1st was born. Then sleeping on the plane, even after the orange juice, I woke up and thought I was going to pass out. I was so woozy and hot. I drank some water and luckily was fine - I was like - PLEASE don't pass out on the middle of the plane flight! My blood sugar levels were being weird today for sure!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I also had a mini panic attack...what it if it twins...and what if they are both boys....Lord please let there only be one healthy, perfect baby inside of me!

The first question I asked the ultrasound tech today was, "there's only one in there right?" :laugh:

I can't wait for my first ultrasound!! What if there are two in there??? My father in law is a twin, my hubby has cousin's who are twins (my father in law's brothers kids). Not sure if that will make any difference for me.

Edit- thought i should also mention- when my mother was pregnant with me they told her she was having twins. But at her next ultrasound there was no sign of the 2nd baby. I assume that the technology used in sonograms has changed a lot since 1984.

I did do some research and my FIL should do effect our chances at all. Twins would be exciting!!

Your husband's side can't affect how you ovulate, which is why they say that twins run on the mom's side. Now, if you have a daughter, her father's genes can affect her ovulation, so her odds for twins will go up, but yours are not affected.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    My first ultrasound is on March 25th. I will be exactly 20 weeks! I am soo looking forward to it, as is hubby. We are not going to find out the sex though.

Either will we... We're rare breeds these days it seems!
    We didn't find out the sex with our first baby either...and after 46 hours of labour it was the BEST surprise of my LIFE!

My older brother never has found out. I just couldn't do it! It will be very fun though.

I was thinking of not finding out with this one, but when i realized how much I did not want a girl I thought I should find out so that I didn't like start crying in the delivery room if it was a girl! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I also had a mini panic attack...what it if it twins...and what if they are both boys....Lord please let there only be one healthy, perfect baby inside of me!

The first question I asked the ultrasound tech today was, "there's only one in there right?" :laugh:

I can't wait for my first ultrasound!! What if there are two in there??? My father in law is a twin, my hubby has cousin's who are twins (my father in law's brothers kids). Not sure if that will make any difference for me.

Edit- thought i should also mention- when my mother was pregnant with me they told her she was having twins. But at her next ultrasound there was no sign of the 2nd baby. I assume that the technology used in sonograms has changed a lot since 1984.

I did do some research and my FIL should do effect our chances at all. Twins would be exciting!!

Your husband's side can't affect how you ovulate, which is why they say that twins run on the mom's side. Now, if you have a daughter, her father's genes can affect her ovulation, so her odds for twins will go up, but yours are not affected.

That is correct in terms of fraternal twins. Also it is thought that pregnancies, more often than we once knew, start as twins. Often one baby stops developing and is reabsorbed. We are seeing this more as women have U/S's much earlier than they used to.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    So my dad had twins (I have half-sisters that are twins) and I took Clomid....so really, there BETTER only be ONE in there! lol!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Rachel and 911girl I have NO idea how you aren't busting at the seams to find out what the sex is. I tried to go buy stuff for the baby but everything is so gender specific that I ended up walking out of the store with nothing! I think it is awesome that you have that much self control! lol!

I just buy a set of newborn for each sex, I usually buy practically new at baby resale shops. I don't like gender neutral clothes.

Yes I went to the hospital with a baby boy and a baby girl outfit... And once we had our boy the visitors started arriving with plenty of BLUE stuff!
    I'll bring the same baby boy and baby girl outfit to the hospital this time.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    911Girl you look fabulous! I read that you had done Insanity. I started it (and it was intense) but it was so boring for me and I ended up not looking forward to working out (and that's not me). That is awesome that you finished it though. How much have you worked out since becoming pregnant. People always think I'm weird cause I do an hour of strength training/toning (I do Tracy Anderson Method) 6 days per week and an hour of cardio 4 days per week. I was doing cardio kickboxing/TKB 3 days per week and Spinning twice per week in addition to the strength training and cardio. I only cut that out cause I'm so tired! lol! I'm a fitness fanatic but lately it has been harder only because I'm so sleepy. What did you do to stay motivated to workout throughout your pregnancy?

After hearing how high my HCG levels were I decided to go ahead and tell my family. It was hard to hold it in as long as I did (all 6 days! lol!). The highest my levels ever got were 46 when I had miscarried back in October. I'm very optimistic and hopeful that this baby is here to stay. 12 more days and I get to see my little peanut (well at least a black blob on the screen hopefully with a little flutter)! I can't wait!

Feeling a little bit more queasy today. I did do my hour of strength training but have given up on the idea on doing an hour of cardio today. My husband and I are leaving to go out of town. He has some army convention thing to go to...and I will be spending my time shopping at the outlet mall! :) They have a Motherhood I plan on hitting up. Hopefully I'll find some good deals!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

heathercrist1 - Thank you so much! It's appreciated. After gaining 54 pounds (starting at a healthy BMI) it was a lot of work to get it off (all but 3 pounds in 8 months). Luckily my baby boy naps faithfully at the same times twice a day so I can rely on those times for a workout and a shower. You're a busy girl with your workouts! I was doing 6 days a week prior to becoming pregnant. Due to a couple of weeks of 24/7 queasiness I scaled back...a lot! Now that the morning sickness seems to be over with I'm shooting for anywhere from 3-5 times a week (yes, if I don't feel too tired). We're going on a Mexican Riviera cruise during Spring break so I still want to rock the bikini with my little bump! Plus thinking of spending this summer at our cabin (in a bathing suit 7-9 months pregnant) has me wanting to keep my thighs, buns and arms toned. Good motivation! I'm of a healthy BMI and I know gaining 25-35 pounds is pretty adaquate. We'll see if my body cooperates! I'm already a step ahead from my last pregnancy - I didn't exercise and I didn't calorie count. That's the least I can do this time for me and my growing baby. Have a great weekend....and have fun at Motherhood!!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Well good evening ladies. Dh and I are on our way out to dinner and a movie, maybe a little baby shopping.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's getting hard to keep up! I haven't read since last night and I just sat here for 30 minutes catching up :smile:

I stayed home from work today...I've been so sick this week (allergies, maybe?) and I just couldn't get up this morning. On top of being uncomfortable pregnancy wise I can't get comfortable bc I can't breathe out of my nose, or lay down for coughing. UGH. I'm just exhausted!

On a positive note, had my 34 week ultrasound today and Annabelle is weighing 5 lbs 12 oz. Of course I know that's an estimation. They say that should put her right on target to be an 8 pound-er if she arrives on time. It was nice being able to see her today, after a stressful, long week. It's amazing how detailed the sonograms are. We could see exact details of her lips, chin, hair line (yep, she has hair), and her toes. We could even tell that her second toe is longer than her big toe (just like her mommy, lol). So amazing.

We have lots to do around the house to get ready for the shower this weekend. It's at our house, as a way for people to see our new home too. Should have thought about being 35 weeks pregnant and tired having to clean everything before people come over..... oh well, live and learn.

Amanda, I hope you have an amazing time at your shower! They're so much fun :smile:

Sheri, I hope you find some relief! Sure sounds like Brooklynn is ready to come, but I hope your boys get to have their birthday parties, too! The zoo sounds like such a fun Easter tradition...I love the zoo too! I agree that we should keep a thread going for after we deliver... I was thinking the other day that MFP will be slightly boring without the pregnancy group, lol :laugh:

Welcome to all the new ladies! Enjoy every minute - I can't believe how fast it's gone! Only 5 more weeks for me!

There is so much to comment on, this pregnancy brain just can't remember everything!

Mel - glad you got there ok! I've been feeling like this a lot lately. I get REALLY hot and light headed, which isn't like me. Glad you didn't pass out on the plane :laugh:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Well good evening ladies. Dh and I are on our way out to dinner and a movie, maybe a little baby shopping.

Hope you had a great night!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    So first day of my eating better and working out went poorly. uhg. I have lost self control and need to regain it. Breakfast and lunch went great.... but I got home from work and what did I choose... a bowl of breyers mint chocolate chip icecream. THEN I was going to make chicken stir-fry for dinner but hubby came home with a gift card he wanted to use so we went to Outback Steakhouse... even choosing as best I could... baked potato and side saled... it was still unhealthy the way its prepared. I didn't go on my walk either. I took my students to the computer lab to start a project and I was up walking around ALL DAY (well from 7:15 to 12:30) I thought I would be able to sit but they had so many questions and they got into the project so I never sat down... not once.... and was tired and didn't go walk.

I will do better today........ I will do better today... (if you say it enough times does it come true :smile: )