Turbo Team!! xx

Options

Replies

• HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Turbo! I weighed myself this AM and the 1.5 lbs I had lost last week has found it's way back to the scale. I am, however, having my monthly so I just told myself that I shouldn't be discouraged by what the scale is telling me. Even though I know I'm retaining water, I still felt bummed with those numbers. I worked my butt off last week!! I took my measurements as well, but I'm not sure if there were changes or not. Sometimes if I get a 1/2 inch change, I just wonder if I'm holding the tape tighter than I had the last time I measured myself. I guess I won't feel like the tape measurements won't do me any good until I have lost more than 2 inches. This week is gonna be tough for me cuz my tendency during my TOM is to eat everything in sight!! I've never really monitored my weight so I don't really know how much difference there can be in my weight during this time. I'm seriously hoping that I have 5 lbs in water weight! haha

Anyway...Have a GREAT week everyone!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Oh, me too--about ALL of this. I know it's probably water weight, but I still get discouraged. Also, I'm noticing a huge change in body parts I'm not measuring--like my totally buff calfs (lower legs here, people, not baby cows!)--and no change in the body parts I really notice when I look in the mirror.

I did cardio party today ONLY because I didn't want to let you guys down. And now I feel much better--so thanks for making me do it. :flowerforyou:
    Hi Team Turbo! I weighed myself this AM and the 1.5 lbs I had lost last week has found it's way back to the scale. I am, however, having my monthly so I just told myself that I shouldn't be discouraged by what the scale is telling me. Even though I know I'm retaining water, I still felt bummed with those numbers. I worked my butt off last week!! I took my measurements as well, but I'm not sure if there were changes or not. Sometimes if I get a 1/2 inch change, I just wonder if I'm holding the tape tighter than I had the last time I measured myself. I guess I won't feel like the tape measurements won't do me any good until I have lost more than 2 inches. This week is gonna be tough for me cuz my tendency during my TOM is to eat everything in sight!! I've never really monitored my weight so I don't really know how much difference there can be in my weight during this time. I'm seriously hoping that I have 5 lbs in water weight! haha

Anyway...Have a GREAT week everyone!
  • nikkiWIP
    nikkiWIP Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I read people are doing well!! Keep up the good work, the effort and motivation.
    Those you are getting the weight "back", remember that you are now building muscles and muscles weight more than fat. Also, be really careful about rich in sodium foods, because sodium retains water in the body.

I still can't workout, I will be running some tests at the clinic tmrw, until then make me proud ppl !!!

Nikki
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hey guys, didn't get a chance to get my workout in. I started my new job today. 12 hour shift. go back tomorrow. so i need to sleep. but i'll double up on my workout tomorrow.
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyy!!! Congratulations Turbo Team!!! Well done on your losses!!!! And firmnes!! ....mmm tight buns!! tee hee!

Well its 10.30pm here on Tuesday night and I just completed my 20mins Turbo Jam and 20 mins Ab Jam!

Yay!!!!

Hsinster said to me to workout like a rockstar! ....so I am doing just that!

Lets Rock this Party!!!! :)
  • fitag
    Options
    Heyyyyy!!! Congratulations Turbo Team!!! Well done on your losses!!!! And firmnes!! ....mmm tight buns!! tee hee!

Well its 10.30pm here on Tuesday night and I just completed my 20mins Turbo Jam and 20 mins Ab Jam!

Yay!!!!

Hsinster said to me to workout like a rockstar! ....so I am doing just that!

Lets Rock this Party!!!! :)
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I did a 35 weight workout yesterday with Chalene Extreme. I don't thnk I will have time today to workout cause I just got home from school and I have to leave again in just over 2 hours. I have a presentation tonight, so I need to prepare for that as well as prepare a healthy dinner. :smile: I look forward to working out tomorrow though.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Did Cardio Party!
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Yay it's so nice to see that everyone is getting those workouts in and seeing some results! Remember team, we're committed to Turbo Jam until at least June 21st so you bet your booties we are going to have some great results by then!

I really don't like doing my measurements weekly - I prefer to do them once a month so I know I will see some inches down - I hope that's okay with all of you - I just find it much more encouraging that way.

Turbo Jam must be working though - I'm down 2.4 lbs this week! I only have 3.8 lbs to go to hit my half way mark of losing 60 lbs!!

Have a super fantastic day, I'm really really proud of all of you!

Sandy :)
  • fitag
    Options
    Well done everyone!

I totally agree with you Sandy, so good to see everyone Jamming it up. I must say Im so glad im back too! ...Great energy in our Turbo Team! :)

Sandy : congrats on your 2.4lbs loss! thats excellent! ...and I too would much rather measure myself monthly or fortnightly too :) ...its more encouraging like you said. And thanks for the reminder of our June 21st commitment :)

Elbee : Woo hoo on Cardio Party! How was it?

nmoreland : Excellent work on your workout and being realistic and flexible in your fitness and health program. How is Chalean Extreme. I have heard great things about it and I really want to get it. Im not sure if I want to do the hybrid with Turbo Fire though. I think I would prefer the Turbo Jam because its like dancing and partying!

We've got an awesome team of Jammers here! ...Im glad to be part of it! :)
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    I did PKJ with the sculpting gloves last night. I'm starting to really love those gloves. :-)

Having thought about it for a while, I realized that since I always choose Cardio Party or PKJ and never do Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt, maybe I shouldn't be too surprised if I don't lose inches in my waist and hips. So on the better late than never principle, my goal for this week is to build Ab Jam into my schedule twice a week. I guess maybe there's a reason Chalene included Ab Jam in the set.

You'll notice me not committing to Turbo Sculpt yet. I HATE aerobicized weight training. If I'm going to lift weights I want to go to the gym and lift weights. I ordered the New Rules of Lifting for Women from Amazon, so of course I can't do anything with weights until 1) it comes and 2) I have time to read it. (pats self on back) I'm so good at finding excuses to avoid what I don't want to do.

Elbee, in your karate class did you do any tumbling? (Not gymnastics-type, but falling and rolling?) That's actually what made me want to lose weight in the first place, b/c I just felt like I was too heavy to roll around on the floor with the guys. Do you have any words of wisdom about that?
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I just did cardio party 3.

fitag - I love Chalene Extreme. I do not do the workout as it is set cause there is not much cardio in it, and I do not like the plyo type workouts that are in it. I do the weights three times a week and work in turbo jam, and I am trying to work in the plyo parts that I do not like. :) It is difficult because she pushes you to go heavy and go slow, but I can tell a difference in my muscle tone. The hard part for me has been to balance the weights with cardio, I tended to do just the weigths part. But this group is great and has kept me motivated to do the cardio as well.

hemlock - I also need to work in the ab routines. I have ab jam as well as 2 more ab routines from Chalene Extreme, but I have only done them a couple of times.

I need to get new gloves soon since all of you are talking about them. :) My dogs got ahold of mine a while ago and I had piles of sand in my house.
  • fitag
    Options
    Just did Turbo Jam 20mins and AbJam as per the program (im doing week 2 in the advance section - given that my exercise was almost non existent last week) ....I might do another later today too.

nmoreland : thanks for your info and feedback ...that really helps :) .... I really enjoy 3T because of the resistance work so I can imagine that I would enjoy Chalean Extreme. btw, what did you think of Cardio party 3 ? I felt I worked pretty hard! ..a little confused but that was my first time so im sure next time would be easier :)

Happy Jamming everyone!

btw..where's Nikki?
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Just have to vent for a minute.
    I am at my internship and at a high school and a sub that I don't know asks me if I am pregnant while we are in the break room. For the record, I am NOT pregnant. I am overweight, but I think it is distributed equally through my body and I look like a fat person, not a pregnant lady! It is a little discouraging after I just hit my 10 lb mark this week. OK, I will try to get over it now.
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    The week before my son was born, I looked like a bus (5'3", 212 pounds) and apparently MOST PEOPLE did not realize I was pregnant b/c I was so darn fat all the time anyway. I was completely humiliated to learn that I was so fat that even being pregnant didn't show.

But now that I'm not pregnant and just fat, I don't feel any better about having people think I'm pregnant.

I have a post-flu upper respiratory infection, so besides feeling awful, I was kind of excited to go to the doctor and be weighed (first time for being happy about being weighed in a doctor's office!). Tiny little happy moments.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Y'all sorry that I can't answer your posts... as I am in a rush!
    Just wanted to check in and say that I skipped yesterday, so did it today. I am doing the Beginner track., 3rd week.
    I did: Turbo Sculpt & Turbo Jam.
    Hope you feel better, Hemlock!
    Hopefully I can post more later...
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    hey all, I just wanted to pop in and let you know I got my Cardio Party done today! Still on track with my Turbo Jam for the week! I love it when I'm right on track!
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Hemlock, poor you! I hope you're feeling better!
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Awww Noelle ((((hugs)))) - I think you're beautiful - and that person was stupid.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Cardio Party - Done!
    Thanks, y'all.
    Linda