Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• kbellnurse
    Options
    Hey just a quickie!

Did my first serious kettlebell workout in over two weeks! I'm a little bit sick still (my throat kept getting majorly dry during the work-out) so i think that may have effected my stamina a bit. (Or it's just an excuse and 2 1/2 weeks of laziness really dropped me down in my endurance). It's a 35 minute workout (2 mins intensity 1 min rest intervals) and I dropped the last section because it's the "high intensity" and I was soo shaky I needed to stop. I haven't felt this way exercising in awhile - humbling I guess. I mixed up my shake and came on here and I actually was so shaky I mistyped my password!

Feeling better now though. That'll teach me for taking so much time off. ;-)

Gonna hit the shower and then off to school.
    Happy hump day!

-Erin (aka: Kelly :bigsmile: )
  • marian723
    marian723 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that I am keeping up with MFP.... I started this last year and well I didnt keep up with it. So, now, here I am going at it again. This time it will be different. I am looking for people to add to my friends list. I love reading every body's post. It motivates me to get my booty in gear. Heres to the new start of loosing 70 pounds. So far I have lost 6. another motivator for me is I have signed up to run a marathon in October, Never have ran before so I think it will be fun. Wish me luck.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Marian--good luck with that marathon! When are you starting training??

I just read a ton of posts from all of you guys because this has been a super busy week for me & it sounds like it's been busy for everyone else too!

Tonight I am going on a bike ride then Zumba class. I have the PS3 Move Zumba and I have been using it a few times per week but I haven't been able to go to actual Zumba class since December! The good trainers have their Zumba classes when I am either still at work or during my daughter's gymnastics time & I don't even get out of breath with the other 2 trainers (they gear their Zumba for age 55+...) so I am super excited about tonight!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    KBell.... I thought your name was Kelly too!~! My husbands Ex is named Erin, can I still call you Kelly????? Please.. :noway:
    Thank you so much for the post. I guess I was being hard on myself. You ALL told me to concentrate on my sobriety first!~!~! So thats what I am gonna do. I have been able to well since I only have certain times I am allowed to eat. So I dont sit around and much all day. So thats a GOOD thing!~!~!

Sorry I cant comment on everyone. I am really tired and still really sick. I need to go to bed!~!~! In a meeting while back I heard someone say "If God loves you He makes you an Alcoholic." Well, Im an Alcoholic and He decided that I should get my first cold in 3 years the day I arrive at rehab.!~!~! So I am just taking this as a test. Pushing through my physical pain and discomfort and still trying to learn about sobriety and how it will affect my life. Maybe he felt that I needed a little more trouble to make sure I dont get distracted while I am here.

I am not sure If I should WI on friday since I didnt workout this week,.... but I will see what happens when that day comes. I am so greatful for all of you. You are all doing fantaztic!~!~! Have a great night/day... you choose~!~!~!~!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    Kandace - okay - you can call me Kelly!

This is just another quick post. I am such a post-a-holic lately and I am sorry!

Stayed on the meal plan today - and did a work out!! (as I mentioned in one of my previous chatty posts!)

Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day. I have my 8am lab and then classes until 2. I then need to cram in some serious paper writing before dinner! I'm going to a yoga/pilates class at the gym with a friend at 7pm and then I have a "meeting" with my weight-loss buddy at 0830!! Trying to fit all my meals and snacks in and not cheating will be tricky, but I will succeed! haha. that whole paragraph was really weirdly worded but I'm too tired to edit. :-P

tomorrow's meals

#1 - ww egg muffin (same as past two days)
    #2 - apple with nat PB
    #3 - left over chicken & veg soup with 7 "wisecrackers"
    #4 - broc/cauli/carrots & spicy hummus
    #5 - turkey burger & spinach salad
    #6 - pp shake after yoga to prevent snacking during the "meeting" haha.
  • lm235141
    lm235141 Posts: 2
    Options
    So we might be a little ways into march, but I'm ok with playing catch up!

Goals: scale - 7lbs, workouts - at least 3 dance classes a week and 3 other workouts, food - bigger healthier breakfasts so i don't need to snack so much during the day.

Anyway,
    The past few weeks were super busy and it was easy to talk myself out of class and onto the couch, but yesterday and today I took the power plate classes at the gym - I'm not sure if those things do anything extra for weight loss but the classes sure are good for something. my body is screaming in the best way possible. like marian I've been using this on and off for about a year, and when im using it I get results and when i don't I gain weight, so i think its time to find a community that will help and be supportive

also marian - a marathon? thats awesome! hows that training going?

well i gotta go do some work but i'll be posting more soon
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone-

Quick post for me- yesterday was such a long day- I ended up working 7:30 to 5 without a lunch break. LONG DAY. Needless to say at the end of the day i was not in the mood nor did I have the energy to workout. So I didn't and I'm ok with that. This morning however I did bootcamp. Its been a couple of weeks since there was a bootcamp class offered and man did it kick my butt- 600 cals in 57 minutes. HOLY MOLY! Felt great though.

I will be checking in with you ladies as much as I can today, after 11 this craziness should be over!

Megan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been totally MIA lately... Not really committing myself to the group lately, in lieu of other commitments and priorities. Life has been hectic. Trying to find a new job, working the weekends, trying to find Ty an apartment, desperately trying to fit in workouts that don't aggravated my foot, and generally just very stressed about life. Eating has been tough lately. I am trying not to over-compensate for my lack of exercise by under-eating, but it's not always easy. I also *really* miss my long runs and my GMs, which I just can't afford calorically or emotionally/mentally without a really good workout. I'm not feeling burnt out yet, just kind of stretched to my limits. With all the messages I get on MFP as well, and trying to find time to answer them all without compromising my RL stuff, it just gets too be a bit much some days. So I apologize for being totally absent!

It's March 10th - 1/3 of the way there already this month. Here's the latest list, with lm235141 added -- How's everyone doing?
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
    prila13-5 lbs weight loss, Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL), Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.
    gofatties-make it to hand stands class 1x a week. and to cut down on late night emotional eating.
    Huni3bee-lose 10lbs, drink 10 cups of water a day instead of 8, and when I walk home I'll take the long way home instead of the shortcut... I'm also going to try and cut back on sugar, I'm going to actually push my self when working out no matter how bad it burns.
    Paigeb15: Drink at least 48 oz of water a day, Maintain 110-115 lbs, Make myself go walk at the park down the street on my lunch on nice days, less alcohol
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive on new people on here giving honest opinions and input.
    JacciLatt5- Ive never done this before but here it goes. I want to do the 30 Shred Dvd this month; eat less processed foods; try atleast 2 new workouts; be down @least 4 lbs
    kbellnurse - Get into the 140's! (lose at least 4lbs), workouts 4x/week (at least), school work on EVERY school day - make it to church for at least one Sunday.
    NLG139-I would like to lose 4lbs in March, drink 64oz of water a day, and get in my long runs every weekend (I'm training for a half marthon in May).
    Whitneysaenz - Lose 7 lbs (GW for March 31st: 160lb), drink at least 64oz of water a day, eat more vegetables, and exercise at least 4 days per week!
    DowntimeDesings-Start and stick with insanity workouts
    SexyInASizeSix-lose 15lbs, and drink 10 glasses of water per day
    tjradd73-to lose 6lbs, drink 80ozs of water/day, 3 days of arms/week, and burn at least 5,000 calories/month
    rivingtonst-I'm doing the 4x4, haha, In the next 4 weeks I will: lose 4lbs, workout 4x week, and make 4 new recipes.
    stuartme123: Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.- 30 min of cardio 4x a week - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break! - Curb unhealthy snacking - - Add veggies - Try one new healthy recipe a week - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.
    hilhall822: up the water intake- be better about precooking meals so I don't snack all day!
    runteachrun-For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
    peachyxoxoxo-stop bingeing. Work out 3-4 days a week. Track ALL foods every day.
    crystalfaith - workout at LEAST 4 times a week! Lose 5 lbs. Start eating more veggies and fruits :)
    mmahabee- get a fitness routine worked out so I can maintain my weight and tone my body
    bstamps12- Lose 4 lbs, bike 60 minutes straight, bike 9 miles straight.
    Sorry I am late! I wanted to do this challenge last month and lost track of it and haven't found it this month until now.
    CurriedGrasshopper - (Jenn) - I'd like to lose 3lbs, continue with p90x, and focus on drinking more water and less diet coke.
    gymgirl12- lose 5lbs (be at 145) Increase cardio time, starting working more core exercises, watching what I eat and limit snacking (especially chips).
    weslfuss- to lose 10 pounds (though honestly I'll be happy if I can just make it to 5-7), Drink more water, work out at least 4 times a week. no drive-thrus or soda!
    HotMamaof2Boys: I want to lose 5 lbs., stop getting any fast food or soda. I really, really want to try to workout every morning Mon. - Sat
    nausicaa11: Lose 5 pounds and exercise 6 days a week.
    Jbars11- C25K starting this week....staying consistent with logging EVERYDAY even if I know I'm over, making sure I'm getting my water and losing 4 pounds this month.
    kvr414: lose 5 lbs, limit fat intake 35-43 g/day, establish a HIIT/distance running rotation.
    lm235141- scale - 7lbs, workouts - at least 3 dance classes a week and 3 other workouts, food - bigger healthier breakfasts so i don't need to snack so much during the day.

Where am I at? Well the good news is that its Day 10 and I haven't had a single packet of sweetener all month. That's a HUGE victory. I have also managed to make it to Yoga every week despite my foot injury. My running, not so much. but I have time yet and I am planning to run my 5K this weekend afterall - Not sure what my time will be like, but I AM going to run it. Last weigh-in I was slightly under 125lbs - so that's a work in progress. I am thinking about upping my calories slightly so they are closer to 1600 for the day. I need to find a comfortable balance so that my body knows how much it needs to sustain this weight.

Warning - TMI to follow**

I still haven't had my period, since November. I know that I'm not pregnant, unless this is the beginning of some whack TLC show about me popping out a kid on the toilet, and in some ways it's incredibly convenient (b/c who likes their cycle?) but it is somewhat stressful and concerning... I definitely need to speak with a GP about it. So finding one is at the top of my list. One of many things I have yet to get around to, along with taxes, job searching, apt searching, cleaning the house, bathing the dog, and a plethora of other stuff I never seem to find time for... :grumble: I need to be more diligent about making lists!

I've also been *really* slacking with trying new recipes lately. I miss it dearly. I miss cooking. I've been searching out recipes like crazy and finding a TON of new fun foodie blogs, but I just never have time to try things out anymore and experiment. Like this: http://cleaneatingchelsey.com/2010/10/03/pumpkin-maple-quinoa-granola/ -- Doesn't that look just INCREDIBLE!? I don't even eat granola and I want to make it... But I can't justify making a huge batch of granola just to "try" and then not eat. Oh - and this too: http://www.branappetit.com/2010/06/02/pita-please/. And this: http://pursuitofhealthfulness.com/2011/02/21/everything-works-out/ *** Unfortunate really. I need taste testers, and lots of them! And lots of disposable income, too :tongue:

Man - Tons of complaining eh? My problems are so trivial too. I'm sorry to bore you with them. I guess I should cut this short. I have lots to do and trying to be productive today! Working tonight and will likely be over my cals on account of a super long day. C'est la vie! Have a great one everybody XO
    Meag :heart:
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!

My goal for March: fill out the paper work I need to go to the gym/pool at school...and then actually GO at least once a week!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all!! :bigsmile:

Megan - hope you're able to get that blister healed before it becomes much worse!!! And sorry to hear about the long day but bootcamp sounds great!! :noway:

seripha - Thank you soooooo much!! :blushing: We could use any extra prayers!! And I forgot to comment before about the new pic...you look great!! :bigsmile: Is that one of the ones from your Valentine's photo shoot?? And hope things change for you as far as the # on the scale.

Aly - glad to see that you have found some contentment, even joy, in your life!! :drinker: I think that makes the good times that much more enjoyable and the bad ones a little more bearable. And good job on rockin' the swim. I was sooo not looking forward to my run last night cause Monday's run dragged but I managed to rock it...yaya!!

Erin - good job on pushing through the kettle bell WO. :drinker: My ex was a huge fan of kettle bells and I imagine that if I would have started this journey while we were together then kettle bells would have become my #1 workout.

Marian - congrats on the 6 lb loss!!! :noway: Gotta start somewhere!! And congrats on signing up for the run!! I am debating on signing up for a 5k.

Kandace - My 2 cents is that you shouldn't worry about weighing in while you are going through rehab. Your biggest priority should be sobriety and getting that aspect of your life on track. Once you have gotten that figured out then move on to your WIs and weight loss. So glad to hear from you though girly!! :flowerforyou:

Meag - sorry to hear about your woes in "real life"!! This too shall pass, right?? And I would :heart: to be your taste tester. I could bake for you in return!!

AFM....I spent all day yesterday debating on whether I should hit up the gym last night because I had so much going on. In the end, I knew that I needed to just go. So I went kicking and screaming and expected my run to be less than satisfactory because Monday's run was harsh BUT...it was an amazing run. I am sooo looking forward to my run tomorrow. Had a great date with the bf last night which gets today off to a great start.

Hope everyong has a wonderful day!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh and QOTD
    1. good book
    2. good music
    3. my kids
    4. my boyfriend
    5. sunscreen
  • jbars11
    jbars11 Posts: 71
    Options
    @seripha- Thanks! I LOVE water aerobics...it usually kicks my butt but I always have a good time....

@mkingraham- hope things went well for you at work! GREAT JOB on the 2.5 miles, very inspiring!!!

@Kbellnurse- kudos to you for kicking it into gear with your kettlebell workout :bigsmile: I love that you list your meal plan for the day on here, it gives me ideas and I find it super helpful to just have someone elses right there to look at!!

@marian723- AWESOME a marathon!!! I'm not a runner either but signed up for a 10k in June. I'm starting out with the C25K program *(which I really actually need to get started on) and I'm super ok with walking/jogging part of the race =)

@bstamps12- ahhh a bike ride....there is some motivation to get moving! I was recently thinking about how nice it would be to have a bike again....sadly I haven't had sone since I turned 16 and got my license!

@meag- c'est la vie is right chica!! You are such an inspiration!!! I love reading your posts/recipies/words of encouragement....I'm back partly thanks to you....hope life gets a little less hectic for you soon :flowerforyou:

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!!!
    I spent a good hour yestserday playing outside with my son who is 15 months old. So much fun and a really good workout! Then we made my new spinach tortellini soup, it was really good!! Very filling but great bang for your calories!! Definitely will be making it again in our house =)

My hubby has parent teacher conferences tonight so it's just me and the little man....I'm thinking about taking him to the Y daycare so I can get a decent workout in tonight....I feel like my exercise experience is like a train...slow going at first but once that momentum catches up I can't get enough...healthy food....activity....sweating...it's really really a good addiction. I had my yearly physical this morning and finallly decided to think about talking to a counselor. Since I've had my son I've some mild depression and anxiety issues, things have definitely calmed down from last year around this time but I still have a hard time letting go when things don't go according to my plan. For example one unplanned meal does not equal disaster....one missed workout or a change of plans activity at home versus going to the gym does not defeat weeks of progress and prior workouts....I reallly need to work on these things...any maybe talking to someone would help....although I could just talk to you all for free instead :tongue:

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!!!!!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options

I spent a good hour yestserday playing outside with my son who is 15 months old. So much fun and a really good workout! Then we made my new spinach tortellini soup, it was really good!! Very filling but great bang for your calories!! Definitely will be making it again in our house =)

I love this!! So sweet to hear about people and their babies, I am getting close to having baby fever since everyone around me is having babies, last year it was weddings this year babies! haha I know my time will come just happy for you!

@guam- Thanks for the kudos, I feel like it took me so long to get here and I am so glad that i am here. It is a long road to repairing bad feelings and sadness and I know that road is not over, It is just nice to know happiness can be just around the corner.

AFM- I had a great workout last night here are the stats of what my team did
    10 minute warm-up- 1 mile run
    8 minutes of stair running followed by 2 recovery laps
    repeat
    here is where it might get confusing...
    2 800's followed by a 400 recovery (a 400 is one lap aka .25 miles) repeat 3 times
    1 1600 with 400 recovery
    20 minutes of core including push-ups, crunches, leg drops... the list goes on.

I felt great but exhausted, my lovely boyfriend made me an omelet for dinner that really hit the spot. We are in desperate need of veggies today, it is hard to find time to go to the store. Today is lunch at the salad bar which is yummy and healthy :) Then a swim tonight and an early spin class. This weekend is going to be super busy with workouts and fun. Here are the plans so far.

Friday night- The BF's Best friends bday party at a planetarium=aweesome!
    Sat morning- 6.5 mile run
    sat night- TNT Prom(I am soo excited since I didn't get to go to my senior prom :)
    Sun morning- triple bike run brick (bike/run repeat 3 times)

Well I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!! I am currently looking for coverups and dresses for hawaii :)
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    @seripha- Thanks! I LOVE water aerobics...it usually kicks my butt but I always have a good time....

@mkingraham- hope things went well for you at work! GREAT JOB on the 2.5 miles, very inspiring!!!

@Kbellnurse- kudos to you for kicking it into gear with your kettlebell workout :bigsmile: I love that you list your meal plan for the day on here, it gives me ideas and I find it super helpful to just have someone elses right there to look at!!

@marian723- AWESOME a marathon!!! I'm not a runner either but signed up for a 10k in June. I'm starting out with the C25K program *(which I really actually need to get started on) and I'm super ok with walking/jogging part of the race =)

@bstamps12- ahhh a bike ride....there is some motivation to get moving! I was recently thinking about how nice it would be to have a bike again....sadly I haven't had sone since I turned 16 and got my license!

@meag- c'est la vie is right chica!! You are such an inspiration!!! I love reading your posts/recipies/words of encouragement....I'm back partly thanks to you....hope life gets a little less hectic for you soon :flowerforyou:

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!!!

My hubby has parent teacher conferences tonight so it's just me and the little man....I'm thinking about taking him to the Y daycare so I can get a decent workout in tonight....I feel like my exercise experience is like a train...slow going at first but once that momentum catches up I can't get enough...healthy food....activity....sweating...it's really really a good addiction. I had my yearly physical this morning and finallly decided to think about talking to a counselor. Since I've had my son I've some mild depression and anxiety issues, things have definitely calmed down from last year around this time but I still have a hard time letting go when things don't go according to my plan. For example one unplanned meal does not equal disaster....one missed workout or a change of plans activity at home versus going to the gym does not defeat weeks of progress and prior workouts....I reallly need to work on these things...any maybe talking to someone would help....although I could just talk to you all for free instead :tongue:

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!!!!!!

What is your spinach soup recipe? it sounds really good! (sorry if you already posted it)
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am in a great mood because I will be leaving work in 20 short minutes and I have tomorrow off. Woohoo! On deck for the weekend- Tomorrow morning Spin, Saturday Run, Sunday Run as long as my blister stays good. Its definitely healing and I think if I keep it wrapped up everything will be good.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Have a great afternoon!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... I *hate* days when I don't workout. I should have done abs and a short run today, but I'm stranded at home with a boat load of stuff to do and maximum stress levels. Thankfully I was majorly productive today, so it wasn't a total loss, but I've been starving ALL day and I know I'm going to be over my cals. I also have no idea how to log work on here... I should probably just update my targets. I've been meaning to do so for a while, but I admit that I am scared to increase my calories. Right now I have it set to lose 0.4lbs/week even though I'm trying to maintain. I'm also set to "sedentary" even though I work around 20 hours a week on my feet. Sigh... I suppose I should just slowly increase my calories and see what happens. I've been mostly maintaining at 1500 cals/day, so I really don't want to push it too much. Thoughts?

Megan - Sounds like a GREAT weekend ahead! Hope your blister improves! Spin and lots of running this weekend so you don't want to feel hindered by it :happy: Yay for good moods! And Friday's off! Woot :drinker:

Jbars - Thanks darling! I love reading your posts too :happy: And I also love the Y! So happy that I joined in Dec! I am going to be *hopefully* finding a Speedo today on sale and then hitting up the lane swims for some good x-training. Thank goodness for the Y :bigsmile: Really happy to hear that you are conquering your anxiety and stress -- as you can probably tell, I have major stress/anxiety/depression issues that are still lingering from years past, mostly all tied into a life-long obsession with control and structure. They were much much worse when I was in adolescence and through University, but I am still working them out. Just have to take it one day at a time - Some days are worse than others but as long as you can feel the weight and burden lifting over time, you're on the right track. Very happy to hear you are regaining control over your life :smile: Talking to someone will definitely help and whenever possible, use your family and husband for support. They just need to know what you need from them and sometimes all you need is a sympathetic ear -- We're also great for that, so feel free to vent here whenever!

Aly - Sounds like a great workout! Stairs are a killer - So bravo! I'm totes impressed! Wish I could workout with you ladies... Is it a training team for a specific race, or just a bunch of ladies that all training together because you're around the same fitness level but for different races and events? Just curious! You may have explained this before but I either missed it, or forgot...

Guam - I'd let you taste test for me any day!! Baked goods scare the be-Jebus out of me though so you might give me a heart attack - I admit, I'm a total carb-aphobe. And I never really much cared for cakes/pastries/muffins etc to begin with (thank goodness - I have enough vices!) BUT I would happily try a bite here or there, if something piqued my interest :) Or if you knew how to make clean, homemade ice cream... Now we're talking! :tongue: Really glad to hear you are pushing yourself to get to the gym and make it a priority! No excuses :bigsmile: I am not exactly setting a great example on that front right now so I am happy to hear that you are doing it for me! And usually, on the days when we really struggle to get out the door, we have our best runs/workouts ever - so I am happy to hear that you kicked *kitten*. Really makes it feel soooo worthwhile afterwards! You are owning C25K lady :drinker: Keep at it!

Updated list:
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
    prila13-5 lbs weight loss, Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL), Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.
    gofatties-make it to hand stands class 1x a week. and to cut down on late night emotional eating.
    Huni3bee-lose 10lbs, drink 10 cups of water a day instead of 8, and when I walk home I'll take the long way home instead of the shortcut... I'm also going to try and cut back on sugar, I'm going to actually push my self when working out no matter how bad it burns.
    Paigeb15: Drink at least 48 oz of water a day, Maintain 110-115 lbs, Make myself go walk at the park down the street on my lunch on nice days, less alcohol
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive on new people on here giving honest opinions and input.
    JacciLatt5- Ive never done this before but here it goes. I want to do the 30 Shred Dvd this month; eat less processed foods; try atleast 2 new workouts; be down @least 4 lbs
    kbellnurse - Get into the 140's! (lose at least 4lbs), workouts 4x/week (at least), school work on EVERY school day - make it to church for at least one Sunday.
    NLG139-I would like to lose 4lbs in March, drink 64oz of water a day, and get in my long runs every weekend (I'm training for a half marthon in May).
    Whitneysaenz - Lose 7 lbs (GW for March 31st: 160lb), drink at least 64oz of water a day, eat more vegetables, and exercise at least 4 days per week!
    DowntimeDesings-Start and stick with insanity workouts
    SexyInASizeSix-lose 15lbs, and drink 10 glasses of water per day
    tjradd73-to lose 6lbs, drink 80ozs of water/day, 3 days of arms/week, and burn at least 5,000 calories/month
    rivingtonst-I'm doing the 4x4, haha, In the next 4 weeks I will: lose 4lbs, workout 4x week, and make 4 new recipes.
    stuartme123: Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.- 30 min of cardio 4x a week - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break! - Curb unhealthy snacking - - Add veggies - Try one new healthy recipe a week - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.
    hilhall822: up the water intake- be better about precooking meals so I don't snack all day!
    runteachrun-For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
    peachyxoxoxo-stop bingeing. Work out 3-4 days a week. Track ALL foods every day.
    crystalfaith - workout at LEAST 4 times a week! Lose 5 lbs. Start eating more veggies and fruits :)
    mmahabee- get a fitness routine worked out so I can maintain my weight and tone my body
    bstamps12- Lose 4 lbs, bike 60 minutes straight, bike 9 miles straight.
    CurriedGrasshopper - (Jenn) - I'd like to lose 3lbs, continue with p90x, and focus on drinking more water and less diet coke.
    gymgirl12- lose 5lbs (be at 145) Increase cardio time, starting working more core exercises, watching what I eat and limit snacking (especially chips).
    weslfuss- to lose 10 pounds (though honestly I'll be happy if I can just make it to 5-7), Drink more water, work out at least 4 times a week. no drive-thrus or soda!
    HotMamaof2Boys: I want to lose 5 lbs., stop getting any fast food or soda. I really, really want to try to workout every morning Mon. - Sat
    nausicaa11: Lose 5 pounds and exercise 6 days a week.
    Jbars11- C25K starting this week....staying consistent with logging EVERYDAY even if I know I'm over, making sure I'm getting my water and losing 4 pounds this month.
    kvr414: lose 5 lbs, limit fat intake 35-43 g/day, establish a HIIT/distance running rotation.
    lm235141- scale - 7lbs, workouts - at least 3 dance classes a week and 3 other workouts, food - bigger healthier breakfasts so i don't need to snack so much during the day.
    talazws- fill out the paper work I need to go to the gym/pool at school...and then actually GO at least once a week!

kbell - I actually KNEW that - about the kettle bell nick name... I remember you saying your hubby bought you a 12lb kettle bell as a gift! I guess everyone just forgot :blushing: How'd your mean plan for Thurs turn out? I should start planning the day ahead like you and committing on here... I need some accountability! Oh lord...

Marian - Sorry I'm so late to welcome you - But WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Add your personal goals to the growing list and get started! It's never too late :bigsmile: Good luck on training for the Marathon - that's a very ambitious goal for a non-runner, so I commend you (although part of me thinks you're a bit insane)!

OK Off to get dinner started, and take a stab at once AGAIN revamping my resumé! Still apt hunting, but thankfully I was finally referred to a GP today :bigsmile: So some progress is being made. Much love folks :heart:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well i am finally starting to feel normal again. Tomorrow I am going to get back to working out. Yesterday went over my calorie count, but I figure that I have been pretty good considering since I've been sick and still on my calorie count.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Meag- I do it with Team in Training, It varies from season to season. This season since it is smaller since it is Winter we are all going to Hawaii for the Triathlon. I always train with my triathlon team. If you want more info about what team in training is check this out. It is an amazing program to benefit Leukemia and Lymphoma. A truly amazing experience.

http://www.teamintraining.org/

PS I updated my blog today

thiskatiskrazy.wordpress.com
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    :heart: Running....I love you :heart: you are the reason why at the end of some days I am still sane!!! I had a very stressful day at work...just feeling down and out. Day started off bad and by the time I got home was just depressed because I knew I wasn't going to have time to get my run in. My husband could tell I was "off" and asked me what was wrong...then he said...go. I don't normally like to run at dusk but I NEEDED it!!!! I felt like Forest Gump tonight...I just kept running and running and didn't stop. I left each and every thing that bothered me behind and the weight just continued to fall off my shoulders allowing me to run even faster. By the time I finished my 5 miles my time was 46:27 (9:17 min pace). That is my fastest run EVER!!! Super excited about my pace! Walked in the house with a clear head and HAPPY once again :happy: This just goes to show that not only is running good for your physical health but also just as important for your mental health!!!

My name is Melissa...and I am a runaholic :heart:

On another note...dinner tonight was AWESOME...according to my 5 year old. I have to admit I was a little nervous since I have never made pork tenderloin before or homemade mashed potatoes OR brussel sprouts!!! I have not even eaten brussel sprouts since I was a kid and if my memory serves me right...I HATED THEM!!! :noway:

I baked the brussel sprouts with some garlic and olive oil and they were crunchy and garlicy and YUMMY!!!! 45 minute tempo run tomorrow and making a GM and a tofu scramble for dinner...girls requested oatmeal pancakes. I :heart: breakfast for dinner :love:

Good night everyone!
    Melissa
    I love every single thing about this post! :bigsmile: You are such an inspiration!

Love that you rocked dinner. Love that your girls are learning so many healthy habits from you. Love that your husband GETS it. Love that I can see how much running has changed you - physically and emotionally - in many of the ways that it's changed me for the better. It makes me ecstatic to read this, Melissa and I am so happy for you! :bigsmile:

What a wonderful message to read before bed. Can't wait to hit the streets full time once again and get back into my running grove.

Read the phrase "Live for the run" on a blog (http://livefortherun.com/about/) today and it made me smile... It means so much more than any non-runner can know. It means enjoy the journey, enjoy the pain and be cognizant of our bodies and our spirit (mind, mental health, whatever you like), and to find calm amidst the storm. To find inner strength and peace while our bodies are racing - it's such a foreign concept to those who don't run for sport. Running is punishment - at least to most people. But for us it's release. We live for it. We live BY it. She writes:

"...I have somehow landed in a place where the mental part of my workouts are meeting with the physical demands. I no longer want to workout to maintain my bad nutritional habits, I am looking for balance. Weeks are full of peaks an valleys and it’s learning the little adjustments I can make to alleviate those spikes and dips, understanding the impact of my decisions.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. Live for the run."

It just really struck a chord with me. I guess with all my "rest" these days, and missing my runs, I have been pining for that release. The relationship I have with running now is something I could have never imagined as a "forever-fat" person. I was explaining this to a very good friend recently and it brought tears to my eyes to think about how much running has changed my life. It's been profoundly transformational. I never in a million years thought I would appreciate my body for all that it is capable of, or that I would look in the mirror and be proud of what I see. I never thought I'd be this happy with who I have become. And I feel very honoured to be able to share my journey with all of you :flowerforyou:

Enough gushing :blushing: Made some awesome pancakes tonight for Shrove Tuesday - Not the healthiest, but not bad either. A take on a recipe I found online. Oats, WW flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, eggs, applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, and some chopped nuts. Pretty yum! I didn't even us syrup or honey - just ate them as is with a little fruit salad and some turkey bacon. A bit of an unusual meal for me but what the heck! It was an unusual day :happy:

Going to roast some veggies tomorrow, I think, including some brussel sprouts. No other meal plan for the day, surprisingly! YogaFit in the AM and then possibly some X-Training... We'll see what I conjure up in the morning. Hope everyone had a fab day. I'll be posting my thoughts on weigh-ins and expectations tomorrow when I've got some time. I didn't even intend on posting tonight, but Melissa's update really inspired me!

Goodnight, ladies! :heart:

Meag...thanks for the words of encouragement!!! Can't imagine where I would be RIGHT NOW without running in my life!!! It has made me a better wife, mother, friend, and overall person! I am SO much happier!! It has changed me inside and out!!! YEAH RUNNING :wink:
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I'm a bit excited today. I just rechecked my measurements for the first time since February and....
    I lost 1 inch from my chest, 1/4 inch from my waist, and 1 inch from my hips! :happy:

This is the encouragement I need. As I said before I put on muscle really easily which I know most people would be happy about, but it is really discouraging to not see a change on the scale. I'm hoping over time the scale will eventually keep going down again even with the extra muscle. I used to avoid any weight training at all and focus on cardio as it was the only way for me to lose weight on the scale, but I'm working on losing fat now and building muscle.

Today I'm going to do the gym to do my c25k, and will hopefully do the shred when I come home! Have a great day!

WOW!!! that's GREAT!!! I wish I would've taken measurements when I first started!!! Congrats!!!