Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello lovers. I, like so many before me, am so glad to have found you! How lovely to be surrounded by fellow drinkers without guilt! I want to join in. Since starting MFP I track my weeknight wine calories. Weekends? Who can track how many beers you've had? Especially when I like to say, well I only had 4 beers and my husband says, butthey were 23 oz each. Ooops. This week I've done well and haven't had a drink yet (Sun-right now). But I've got the itch. I usually do pretty well during the week keeping it to one or two glasses a wine a night. But that's at home. For some reason if I'm out at a bar or restaurant I just can't stop. Cheers!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey all, this Saturday I am throwing my brother a huge birthday/divorce signed party at a local club. It will be an all nighter I'm sure. I need help with low cal drinks or beer. I am a beer lover, but any good beer is high cal. I'm not much of a cocktail drinker but will do what is necessary to keep down the calorie count. I also thought if I did the cocktail thing I might not drink as much since I am not as into those.

So PLEASE give me suggestions!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome new lushies! So happy to have a little family where I feel like I fit in.

No drinks this week, was tempted yesterday afternoon I had a work with and our last stop was at a brew pub, the lady I was working with ordered a beer....I had to pass. If I start drinking, I don't usually stop at one or two......so I just said no thanks. I am however waiting like crazy for FRIDAY! It's getting close!

Dino - there are quite a few suggestions for low-cal drinks on the page one of this thread (I think). One of the best ones I've heard was carrying around crystal light packs for water bottles, or something similar, ordering a shot and a glass of water - and making your own - you control how many calories you consume.......also, I drink the lightest beer there is bud select55 - it's lower alcohol but I guess I feel like if I'm going to drink 10 beers, I'd rather drink 10 light beers at 55 cals rather than 10 reg beers at 153 cals.

Wooooo hoooooo - I feel Friday coming up!
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just joined the site Feb. 27. We had plans to go out to listen to our favorite band last Saturday. So I planned ahead and allowed enough calories to drink 2 vodka and Sprite Zeros during the afternoon and 4 or 5 Michelob Ultras while at the bar. It worked out pretty good and I actually stayed under my calories! Also did some dancing to work off some calories. I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to give up my partying time so when it comes around I either eat or drink my calories! Of course, I'm not perfect so I do blow it once in a while....lol! Right now I'm craving a margarita in the worst way! I weigh in tomorrow morning so maybe I can have a couple tomorrow night! I make them with lime juice, Cuervo Gold, Triple Sec, and just a dribble of mix, over ice. And even though I know salt is bad...I have to have a salted rim!
  • Debbisue52
    Options
    PS....I titled the section where I put my "partying" indulgences "The Wild Side!" It's looking pretty lonely this week.....lol!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    So much for holding off on the drinking this week :)
    Had 2 vodkas w/ diet squirt and a splash of pom juice.
    Still was well under calories for the day.
    I'm stopping now. haha
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks,
    Tuesday, 4 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks....but, I really want one,:devil: but, I won't,:angry: but I really want one,:devil: BUT, I WON'T:cry:
    Thursday,
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    Thanks to the handful of helpful folks that redirected me here after I posted in last month's thread. You rock!

I've avoided alcohol since I found this site and started keeping a food diary and it seems like it has been a hell of a long 2 weeks! I know I'm going to want to drink at a party on Saturday so first I need a reference guide to know how many calories are in the things I like to drink. Then I need a strategy. How do you all handle it - not eat? do extra exercise? save up calories through the week and splurge on drinks? Help! Don't wanna lose the little bit of weight loss progress I've made but I sure need some liquid stress release!

Thanks in advance!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome new lushies! So happy to have a little family where I feel like I fit in.

No drinks this week, was tempted yesterday afternoon I had a work with and our last stop was at a brew pub, the lady I was working with ordered a beer....I had to pass. If I start drinking, I don't usually stop at one or two......so I just said no thanks. I am however waiting like crazy for FRIDAY! It's getting close!

I know...we "get" each other...nice job on resisting temptation, I'm like you I just don't stop at 2, 3, 4:noway:

Probably good thing you and I don't live near each other, we'd be a sorry mess...course, we'd also have a hell of a time:bigsmile:

Friday, will be my next drinking day too...then, I work Saturday and Sunday
  • Debbisue52
    Options
    MsKittyCat...Most of the listings for beer, wine, and liquor are listed here...or you can look them up on line. Estimate how many you'd like to have when you go out and subtract it from your total calories for the day. Then figure out what you'll eat according to how many calories you have left. Exercising to get extra calories wouldn't hurt either. I did it last Saturday...had a great time...and wasn't really hungry. I ate salad and some protein and fresh veggies. I may have eaten a sandwich with a couple slices of ham, lettuce, peppers on one of those round sandwich thins too. Good luck and have fun! You can do it!
  • abihaila
    abihaila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Drinking tonight, a whole bottle of red to my self. The soon to be ex-husband is creating drama in my life. All week aggh!

And I went way over my cals today had a big lunch, looking forward to the spin class I was going to take. I was saddle sore from my class yesterday. I sat down on the bike to adjust the seat and OUCH!

Then the ex-calls while I'm on the treadmill. I know better than to have my phone with me at the gym but I did need to talk to him about stuff and things. Any way my work out went down the toilet and I got a bottle on my way home.

Oh well I'm tipsy now and feel better.

At least I'm not drinking every night any more. That happened for 2 months after I left him. And before that I still drank to much. (dealing with his BS).

I'm really happy to be here on MFP and with you all like minded lushes. Its good to know that I'm not alone in this battle.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hard day yesterday. I had to get in early to talk to Australia, stay late to talk to America and worked like a demon in between. Then, with perfect timing, my Virgin wine order arrived! Kept it to half a bottle and stayed under my calories somehow!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 1 bottle of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 1 bottle of wine
    Thurs - 0

Friends 30th birthday dinner tomorrow night so ahhh we shall see....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    had wine with my dinner last night (an awesome rasberry chipotle salmon salad with the best goat cheese around and a raspberry walnut vinegarette.) I also had a pnedelton while I was preparing dinner. I felt at ease. I am taking a break this week and just seeing how life goes. I will kick it back in gear but my mind and body needed a reprieve.
  • Bob1062
    Bob1062 Posts: 38
    Options
    Happy thirstday everyone!!

It's been a good week for me, no drinks since Saturday. Managed to lose about a half pound this week. Tomorrow I plan on bicycle riding home from work. It will be about a 30 mile ride. I should have plenty of exercise calories to stop off along the way and have a cold one or three. As for today, I will be strong for one more time and look forward to my reward tomorrow.
    I hope everyone has a great day.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone....

I've been better with the alcohol intake .... haven't had a drink since Sunday.

Tonight the Heat and playing the Lakers and I'm going to try my best not go drink but if/when I do, I will try not to go overboard, which causing me to over eat.

If so, I'll be up in gym early in the AM to work it off. One more day til Friday!!
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Morning! I had three Kahlua and almond milks last night. Interesting combination. I really wanted some red wine but was too lazy to get off my *kitten* and get to the store so a little improvisation was needed.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=4 GIFRELLINGNORMOUS drinks
    Wednesday=0

Huh, not too shabby!!!

Good job for everyone that's been sticking to a goal, whether it's to not drink at all or save the drinks til the weekend.
  • lefrance12
    lefrance12 Posts: 131
    Options
    Been gone for a while but glad to be back. Was kind of in a funk and not motivated because of my knees. So yes, Skyy vodka and some 1800 tequila shots a couple of times a week. Running is my greatest motivation and I was unable to. I went to the doctor Monday and was diagnosed with jumpers knee. Doc says it will heal itself overtime, take some alieve, knee strap etc., so this made me feel good I did not have any torn tendons or ligaments so almost celebrated, lol tequila shot, but no. Back working out this week with hopes to run again on next week if possible. Havent had any drinks since monday and will try to make it through the week til saturday at least. Wish me luck my fellow lushes, drinks up:drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the handful of helpful folks that redirected me here after I posted in last month's thread. You rock!

I've avoided alcohol since I found this site and started keeping a food diary and it seems like it has been a hell of a long 2 weeks! I know I'm going to want to drink at a party on Saturday so first I need a reference guide to know how many calories are in the things I like to drink. Then I need a strategy. How do you all handle it - not eat? do extra exercise? save up calories through the week and splurge on drinks? Help! Don't wanna lose the little bit of weight loss progress I've made but I sure need some liquid stress release!

Thanks in advance!
    I pretty much know about what cals are in what I want to drink. I like beer so that's hard because light beer is not the same. But I drink club soda (0 cals) instead of tonic with vodka, with lemon AND lime, just because. Red wine is good for me because I don't drink so much. Last night 4 of us split 2 bottles, it didn't seem like a lot but it got me through a long, amazing dinner at Cho Lan. so indescribable, my Denver MFPs need to check it out!