A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Got room for 1 more?? 45, and just under 100lbs to shed!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group if it's not too full..
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA FOR A GROUP. WHILE IM NOT ASKING TO JOIN, I'M CHEERING YOU ALL ON AND WISHING YOU ALL WELL.

(I AM NOT SHOUTING. I-CAN'T-SEE! :tongue: )
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'd love to be in the group if there is still room. Talking on-line everyday would really help to keep me on track. As you know, I'm new to this site and I am doing really well since joining. It's nice to have somewhere to go and feel like your not alone in your weight loss struggles and successes. I think being in a smaller group would be even more beneficial. I like the idea of having maybe a weekly goal or a monthly goal but also having a daily "rant" just somewhere everyone can go at the end of the day or whenever to say how they're feeling or how they are doing that day. I like the idea of getting to know everyone more personally too. Hope you still have room. I'll cross my fingers. If you do, please contact me. Thanks, Charmaine
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    :heart: Great to see so many interested in a smaller group. I think our number is close to 20, I will write up a list and and message everyone with the names of our members. I prob won't get to message you all right away...I will be back tonight and send then off. Just cleaning up from supper, doing some waking and spending time with son...but I will be back on later tonight.

Also thank you for the great ideas. I will copy them and paste them to the messages (as well as post it on our thread) and give everyone a voice on what goes on in here. I really want this thread to be all ours.:heart: Where we can come in and have some fun, chat with friends and give and get support. Please be paitent (sp?) with all of us..since this is a new thread we will be trying new topics and challenges...some we will work and we can keep some prob will not and we can change them. Also please always feel free to post any new idea on the thread or message me and we can work it in.

We will need to be chatty sometimes being a smaller group - but I don't see that a problem with some of us.:bigsmile:

Thank you MSWDiet for your kind words:flowerforyou:
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    So I think we've got a good start going here. I rather like the idea of a daily topic......maybe withe one day as an "anything goes" topic. You know, a day to chat about anything ya want. And if my opinion or vote counts....I think MONDAY should be our weigh in day. I think that keeps me more accountable and on track during my weekends. I don't believe you have to give up all the foods you like....all things in moderation.....and plan for it so you can log it
    I also think a monthly challenge is a good thing. B-)
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    :heart: Great to see so many interested in a smaller group. I think our number is close to 20, I will write up a list and and message everyone with the names of our members. I prob won't get to message you all right away...I will be back tonight and send then off. Just cleaning up from supper, doing some waking and spending time with son...but I will be back on later tonight.

Also thank you for the great ideas. I will copy them and paste them to the messages (as well as post it on our thread) and give everyone a voice on what goes on in here. I really want this thread to be all ours.:heart: Where we can come in and have some fun, chat with friends and give and get support. Please be paitent (sp?) with all of us..since this is a new thread we will be trying new topics and challenges...some we will work and we can keep some prob will not and we can change them. Also please always feel free to post any new idea on the thread or message me and we can work it in.

We will need to be chatty sometimes being a smaller group - but I don't see that a problem with some of us.:bigsmile:

Thank you MSWDiet for your kind words:flowerforyou:

Thanks very much for organising all this, great of you.

One thing to add, for me I will do my best to make contact everyday but there are times when life gets in the way and I am sure this is the same for everyone. The lack of contact for a day or two wouldnt represent a lack of interest . I work long hours and it is not possible, usually, to get on the site in the day so I log on in the evenings generally (during the week). Hope that is okay. Having said that I am pretty addicted to the site so very much look forward to logging in so really miss it when I am not able to! lol!
  • ShellyBrew
    ShellyBrew Posts: 823
    Options
    If you not at 20 yet ... add me in...would love a smaller group in my age range...I am 42 and still have over 100 to lose :)
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    me too please!
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Just checked the numbers and we have 20 members.....whooohooo!!!! :drinker: I will write up a message and send the names to all members and post it on this thread also. We will be sending also a basic run down of the suggestions about topics and challenges that members talked about on here. Now to work out the kinks. :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Really excited about the new group!

We are going to do this! Have a good week and I really look forward to getting to know you all better!!

My partner is on vacation this week (we back each other up) and I chatted a lot today on MFP so tomorrow I have to catch up at work so I know tomorrow I will be MIA but I look forward to catching back up with you guys on Wednesday or tomorrow if I can squeeze in a minute or two.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    :laugh: I was trying to message all our members and got a red error message that I cannot send messages to more than 5 people every 10 mins.....so hopefully I can send the rest in a bit. So I will post the names here also for now.

:flowerforyou: Welcome everyone :flowerforyou:
    Members list

bigmama
    milesbackwards
    Mollie
    Jojo
    Katz
    akaDumbo
    Malias
    Hopeful
    themommie
    Karenleona
    Christyrussell
    Claudia
    MJ
    gabbygirl
    CV
    Cass
    leadvocalchick
    mainey
    ShellyBrew
    jjustjo
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! so excited!! Should we start off with telling a little about eachother? IDK, I'm not trying to take over the group, just a suggestion and looking forward to getting to know all of you :flowerforyou:
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....Im really excited about mfp and even more excited about this group. We all know it seems harder to lose the older we get. I know for me....I think excercise is even more important now. I am VERY out of shape...and my back is bad, so I am going to start with walking as a goal for this month. any other beginers to exercise here? I need to catch the exercise bug, because I just dont really like it yet. lol. any tips for me to get moving? thanks.:flowerforyou: :yawn:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! so excited!! Should we start off with telling a little about eachother? IDK, I'm not trying to take over the group, just a suggestion and looking forward to getting to know all of you :flowerforyou:

Hey Claudia:flowerforyou: I am also excited to get started on here. Glad you thought of it -to start off by telling a little about ourselves to the group. Please don't feel like any idea is not a good one or like you are taking over the group...we are the group and we all have an equal say on how it runs. Sadly I am tired and heading off to bed...so I will write about my journey tomorrow. Have a great night.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Sounds good! Really excited about the new group!

We are going to do this! Have a good week and I really look forward to getting to know you all better!!

My partner is on vacation this week (we back each other up) and I chatted a lot today on MFP so tomorrow I have to catch up at work so I know tomorrow I will be MIA but I look forward to catching back up with you guys on Wednesday or tomorrow if I can squeeze in a minute or two.

Have a great night Mollie and a great day tomorrow.:flowerforyou: Looking forward to getting to know everyone also. Talk to ya on Wed. Don't work too hard. :laugh:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hi everyone....Im really excited about mfp and even more excited about this group. We all know it seems harder to lose the older we get. I know for me....I think excercise is even more important now. I am VERY out of shape...and my back is bad, so I am going to start with walking as a goal for this month. any other beginers to exercise here? I need to catch the exercise bug, because I just dont really like it yet. lol. any tips for me to get moving? thanks.:flowerforyou: :yawn:

Hi gabbygirl. :flowerforyou: Love the name btw. Sounds like you are in the same boat as many of us. Exercise sucks. But honestly if we want to get healthy we really have to start somewhere, sometime. Myself I am basically just walking for now. I am also VERY out of shape. Hopefully my brain will be more focused tomorrow and we can come up with some exercise tips to get you focused on your journey. Heading off to bed now..just wanted to say Hi before I logged out for the night.
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!! I just changed my username from cv0409 to cathyv0409. I am in the process of sending friend requests but limited since MFP will only let me add 5 in 10 minutes. I like the idea of telling something about ourselves. I have enjoyed reading your bios as I went in to invite you as friends. Just my 2 cents worth but some of the things I find interesting are
    - your inspirations
    - have you tried to lose weight previously?
    - what motivated you this time?
    - how our group can help support you
    - sharing tips we learn along the way
    - sharing healthy recipes (I know I certainly have more than enough of the unhealthy recipes :tongue: )

OK that may have been more than 2 cents worth. I look forward to getting to know you all!!
    Cathy
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would love to be part of your group. I'm 41, have lost 66 lbs with 84 to go.

Debbie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

How is everyone doing today? Well I did a 4 mile Lesslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD (walk slim fast miles series). It has been well over a year since I have tried a 4 mile walk. Probably more like 2 years and it felt great to do it too!:happy: I have a lot of LS dvd's. I love her workouts and she she is very inspirational and motivating. I have a lot of her dvd's. If I have time I am going to try her other 4 mile dvd this weekend.

I have a request, if you name is not in your username can you let us know your name in your signatures or at the end of your posts until we get to know everyone. It is my pet peeve but I like calling people by their names. My name is not Mollie but it is my childhood nick name and my parents and sister still call me Mollie......:-) If for some reason you don't want to use your name I so understand....:-)

Have a good day!!:flowerforyou: