30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I haven't shredded in a couple days and I miss it! I started the Couch to 5K program and bought Jillian's Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD yesterday. O...M...G is that hard! It's like 30 day shred, but all cardio with no weights for about 50 mins. But it's KILLER! I can't wait to go back to my Shred!! I never thought I'd say THAT! LOL :laugh:
    That BFBM sounds awesome when you put it like that! There are way too many DVD options out there... I don't know what to do!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I haven't shredded in a couple days and I miss it! I started the Couch to 5K program and bought Jillian's Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD yesterday. O...M...G is that hard! It's like 30 day shred, but all cardio with no weights for about 50 mins. But it's KILLER! I can't wait to go back to my Shred!! I never thought I'd say THAT! LOL :laugh:
    That BFBM sounds awesome when you put it like that! There are way too many DVD options out there... I don't know what to do!!

kfoneup... You've got an awesome plan! I use 3 lbs mostly, and 5 lbs on the easier moves, or when I feel I can do more.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome, New Faces!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Day 7 of L2: finished. I also did Level 1:yawn:
  • celerycruncher
    Options
    It is a killer and I have noticed more than pound loss a greater fittness level, even though I am sticking to level 1 for now. I log it under circuit training.
    [/quote]

Thank you I hadn't thought of that silly me! I'm on day 2 today and thankfully I found it was a bit easier but I can hardly walk now!! Here's hoping it will all be worth it :0)
  • celerycruncher
    Options
    It is a killer and I have noticed more than pound loss a greater fittness level, even though I am sticking to level 1 for now. I log it under circuit training.

Thank you I hadn't thought of that silly me! I'm on day 2 today and thankfully I found it was a bit easier but I can hardly walk now!! Here's hoping it will all be worth it :0)
    [/quote]

Sorry to repeat myself I was trying to work out what went wrong with the quote box I'm new at all this!
  • mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would start out at 3lb weights. That is what I did, and my arms were still killing me after a few of her moves... :)
  • celerycruncher
    Options
    I would start out at 3lb weights. That is what I did, and my arms were still killing me after a few of her moves... :)

That's brave I was a wimp and have started off with tins of baked beans!
  • darcandoit
    Options
    anyone know how to add the 30 day shred for you exercise? i have no clue the calorie burn :o(
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    anyone know how to add the 30 day shred for you exercise? i have no clue the calorie burn :o(
    Circuit training :)
  • darcandoit
    Options
    thank you!
    i'm just learning this site...LOVE how easy it is to add the foods...still trying to figure out the excercises.
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :) I did the dvd for the first time tonight. I thought I was in relatively good shape (for my shape lol). I spin and do yoga for 60 minutes, I run up to 2 miles.. etc.. but it kicked my *kitten* when it came to the weights and upper body. I got my 5 lb weights out and when I was finished with the 20 minutes I was searching the house for my little pink 3 lbs ones I know are hiding somewhere!

Day 2 (Monday, 3/14)

Still a little stiff.. I ended up staying with the 5 lb weights... and dropping them when my arms were on fire.. my friend said for women we do not lift heavy enough sometimes... and sometimes slightly heavier is better than lighter with more reps.. so I am sticking with my 5 lbs until I can build up.

The last set of pushups after the weights.. were brutal... and I am glad she motivates the way she does.. "GETTING THIS TYPE OF BODY TAKES WORK.. THERE IS NO EASY WAY"..

Sore today but hoping my yoga class tonight will help stretch me out.. so no 30 day tonight.. but back on for tomorrow! Hope every one else is doing well!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Finished up the Shred yesterday! Posted my measurements on my blog (link is in my sig.). I was expecting more after L3... I think I might do L2 for 30 days, LOL! :laugh:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Finished up the Shred yesterday! Posted my measurements on my blog (link is in my sig.). I was expecting more after L3... I think I might do L2 for 30 days, LOL! :laugh:

Well done Steph, 30 days amazing. I can't seem to open your blog, so can you post your results here please. I don't think I have changed much either still have 4 days to go and seem to have trouble finding time to do that. But I do think she has made me stronger. so even though I may not go so hard at it, will continue to put Jillian into my workouts.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    If you copy and past this in your browser, you should get to my blog: http://stephips.blogspot.com/2011/03/finish-line.html

Measurement.....D1...........D10.........D20.........D30
    Weight .................182.5.....183.5.......182.5......179.5
    Waist ...................37...........36.5..........36...........36
    Hips .....................50...........49.75.......48.75......48.5
    Thigh ...................28.5........28.25.......28.25......28
    Chest ..................41.5.........41.5.........41.5........41.5
    Arms ...................14.25.......14............14 ...........14
    Calves.................17.............17............16.75......16.75
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Way to go, Steph!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D8, L2: finished. CRAZY day, today!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Well done Steph and Kate. I have at last done day 27/30 Sticking to level 1. Started this challenge on the 6th Feb. Not long to go and then I will do a stats report.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Kate, Please help. I notice you have tickers from the ticker factory. I have tried to make myself one today as I've challenged myself to burn 3500 calories in the next week. Do I have to go to the ticker factory page each day and add what I have done.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Jen, I do go to the ticker factory and update mine. I just have it in my computer favorites.