March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• LJT2
    LJT2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Another mile at lunch today. First day I did some interval-training-type walking (for about 1/3 of the time). Baby steps...but feels good.
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    So the month is half over....and I was looking at my ticker...my sad sad ticker. lol I guess I'm really going to have to push for this if I want to make my goal. I haven't made my goal on a walking challenge since October 2010! I get close, and I always seem to poop out the last 2-3 days.

You can do it! You would need to do almost an hour and 1/2 each night for the rest of the month to reach your goal... so why not set a goal of trying to get in some 2 hour days and that will give yout aht cushion for the last couple of days :smile:
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    Did my 3 miles this morning and hoping to get back on track. Didn't plan well this weekend apparently as i put on 3 lbs. Not sure if it is water weight as I ate alot of salty food. I thought I had chosen carefully but apparently not. Am back at limiting my salt and my calories so hope by Friday I will be back where I was last Friday. I can believe that I ate tooo much because I was so hungry from all the dancing, figured I could eat extra....not. See everyone tomorrow.
  • patches0102
    Options
    Didn't do much today. It is rainy here and after working I didn't want to get out. I know it is just an excuse. I will do better tomorrow.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Did 2 mile power walk in home with Leslie Sansone for a total of 11 miles. 19 miles to go.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I walked for 45 minutes again today, which puts me right at my goal. If I keep this up, I will way surpass my goal of an average of 15 minutes per day, but I'm ok with that :).
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got 40 minutes this morning.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join for March?

Jump right in. Pick your goal for the remaining days in march :)
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    Walk/Ran 5 miles on the treadmill tonight while watching Biggest Loser :smile: At 24.75... past 1/2 my mark at 15th of Month! Yeah!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    OK...haven't reported in in several days and I missed 2 days of walking in the past week.
    3/10 29 minutes
    3/11 no walking
    3/12 40 minutes
    3/13 no walking
    3/14 35 minutes
    3/15 56 minutes running & walking
    I'm just a bit over 500 minutes, so I think I'll still make 1000 minutes walking for the month of March.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    65 minutes tonight. :)
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    I did 4 miles today! I am up to 32.9 miles for March!
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Horray! the rain and snow has stopped and spring is trying to come back, managed to get in a 60 min walk this morning. i have alot of making up to do.

im glad to see im not the only one whos falling behind. looks like some of us need a bit of motivation!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been soooooo sick this month (and a big part of last). But, I only have a cough left so I'm going to make the best of the rest of the month......Goal? Still the same......30 minutes 5 days per week. I'm going to post each day to keep me accountable!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Walked with Leslie Sansone this morning and did my 'walking bus' mile. Woke up this morning with a sore neck and shoulders. The Leslie walk seemed to help but it's back again. Think I must've slept badly last night.

Going to try and get up early 3X a week to do a 'Leslie' walk, it really sets me up for the day!

LouiseXXX
  • LJT2
    LJT2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    here I am, halfway through the month, but I want to start.

Sounds like you're doing well - and keeping your goals realistic. This is my first month here too, and I didn't start right on 3/1. But am slowly catching up towards the 30 for this month. You'll love it!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Checking in ...

March goal 31 miles - 25 miles completed = 6 miles till I reach my goal

Keep walking everyone:heart:
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    1.5 miles on treadmill a moment ago... brings total to 26.25 for month
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 today for a total of 12.5. I will make my 30 by the end of the month!!!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    48 minutes in today... woot!