Day by Day Challenge- March Part 7

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for March 16:
    1. Water.--Need to do better (I find it hard to remember to drink when I'm working in the pouring rain!)
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.--Yes.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes.
    4. Get to bed on time.--Almost, but no--missed it by 20 minutes.

Welcome to our new members!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

SKismet--You know what I do when it comes to shaving my legs? I do a quick once-over every day. I figure what I miss today I'll catch tomorrow. Seems to work out better for me than having to shave an entire forest off my legs at once!:laugh:

Goals for March 17:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.
    4. Get to bed on time.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wednesday goals:
    1. Lots of water. CHECK
    2. No naughty treats when I go to visit my niece. WAS VERY WELL BEHAVED!
    3. Walk. Fast. Somewhere. Anywhere. To at least get some exercise done. YES RUNNING FOR MY TRAIN AND AFTER MY NIECE ALL AFTERNOON.

Happy Paddy's day!

Normally I take Paddy's day off work to celebrate with my Irish friends but now they've all moved back there so am working today!

Goals for today:
    1. Training for my run followed by combat.
    2. Lots of water.
    3. Good healthy food all day.

Enjoy your day!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Hope you've all well. Not much time left today and I've not done brilliantly on the water but goals for what left are:

1. Stay under calories!
    2. 4 more cups of water
    3. Try and tame the laundry monster leaning in the corner of my room

Have a lovely afternoon/evening.
    Kx
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to see what all I had left on my list today:)
    Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Missed yesterday. So goals for today 3/17
    1. water-DRINKING GLASS 3 RIGHT NOW
    2. clean kitchen-WILL START ON THAT IN A FEW.
    3. go for walk. Temps in the upper 60s and some sun!!! Hello Spring I missed you!!!!! hehe My daughter even wants to go for a walk. I plan on walking from my house to the river walk then around that and will have to walk home:) hehe I'm making it more of a workout then I've done in along time now. DONE!!! 90 MINS TOO:)
    4. watch my shows from last night. Hubby doesn't like Criminal Minds and I like both shows. hehe I love my DVR for that. DONE

Hope you all have a good day!

Well holy crap! Its not even 3 and I'm mostly done with what I wanted to get done today. I wonder what else I can get accomplished today. I guess I need to be getting up at about 6 every morning from now on. I feel great and I've got more energy. Guess I'm one of those people who only need 6-7 hrs of sleep to function well. Well off to see what all I can get done outside today cause I just wanna enjoy the weather! I'm so glad its not cold anymore!!!!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Goals for today:
    1. Training for my run followed by combat. YES AND YES
    2. Lots of water. 10 CUPS
    3. Good healthy food all day. YES

Keeping it simple seemed to work today so going to give it another go tomorrow.

Friday's goals:
    1. Lots of water.
    2. Choose sensibly at dinner and healthy foods through out the day.
    3. No boozing after work.

So relieved it's Friday tomorrow!! Bring on the weekend! Hope you are all having a great day!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options

1. Stay under calories! - Yup!
    2. 4 more cups of water - Hmm only 2 more
    3. Try and tame the laundry monster leaning in the corner of my room - Didn't manage it last night but got a bit of the beast in the machine this morning.

Morning All,

Goals for today:
    1. Tidy the house ready for weekends visitors
    2. More Laundry
    3. Under on calories
    4. Water!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    March 17 recap:
    March 17's goals:
    1. going walking even though I'm sore. YES, 3 MILES
    2. go to zumba, hopefully, I won't as sore by tonight. YES
    3. drink up. its warmer so its a little easier. YES
    4. eat rationally. ALMOST
    5. don't stress out about weighing tomorrow. NO

March 18's goals:
    1. workout for 45 minutes from home.
    2. eat clean all day, don't fall apart at night.
    3. go to bed early. I have a busy Saturday and I'm going to need lots of rest.
    4. Drink more water today than I did yesterday.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for March 17:
    1. Water.--Eh. Need to work on this!
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes!
    4. Get to bed on time.--No, but only 15 minutes too late.

I did not have any of the creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes my son's girlfriend brought for dinner last night! I stayed on my plan and enjoyed lots of veggies with my meals, though. (I had made some garlicky mashed cauliflower for me and it was REALLY good!)

Yesterday was very frustrating at work. Deliveries were late and corporate keeps sending us stuff we either don't need (because it doesn't sell here--haven't they been able to figure that one out yet?!?) or they send us stuff we have no room for (we already have 2 tables of azaleas--why did we need 168 more?). Oh well, I'll just do my best.

Goals for March 18:
    1. WATER!!!!
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.
    4. No stressing over work! (And watch the Friday night snacking!)
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    3.18.11 Goals:

1) WATER - 32oz so far :o)
    2) Exercise AM - CHECK: 5K training for 30 minutes
    3) Don't go over calories - So far so good
    4) Exercise PM
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Missed yesterday. So goals for today 3/17
    1. water-DRINKING GLASS 3 RIGHT NOW----ended with about 5 total
    2. clean kitchen-WILL START ON THAT IN A FEW.-done:)
    3. go for walk. Temps in the upper 60s and some sun!!! Hello Spring I missed you!!!!! hehe My daughter even wants to go for a walk. I plan on walking from my house to the river walk then around that and will have to walk home:) hehe I'm making it more of a workout then I've done in along time now. DONE!!! 90 MINS TOO:)
    4. watch my shows from last night. Hubby doesn't like Criminal Minds and I like both shows. hehe I love my DVR for that. DONE

Hope you all have a good day!

Had a good day yesterday:) Not starting off on a good foot today I way over slept!!! But I'm not gonna let that bring me down.

Goals for today 3/18
    1. WATER
    2. Go for another walk. My legs are sore from yesterday but if I keep doing it I'll get used to it and need to do more just to feel like I've done anything:)
    3. Grocery shopping...Went to make something last night and realized we don't have enough maragrine to do it. Also in need of bread its about out so I gotta get to the Aunt Millie's Thrift store:) I love buying my bread there. I highly recommend if you have a bread thrift store around you to check them out. I get perfectly good bread for less than half the price there and mine even has the low carb bread:) I'm usually buying the loaves that cost about $4 at the regular grocery store for just over $1...Its insane and so many people don't even realize those store exsist. At least in the US I don't know anything about what kind of place you all have over there in the UK hehe:)

Well I'm off to get started on my day! Have a great day today!!!
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry I'm so late, ladies! I didn't have time to post my update/goals this morning because I just could NOT get out of bed, so had less time than I'd have liked to get ready.... Fortunately, I'm at a school where I am able to access a computer on my lunch! :smile:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day, and has a terrific weekend! :happy:

Kathy - That mashed cauliflower sounds really interesting.... I might have to try that idea sometime!

Ravyn - When I was growing up, that was where we always bought our bread, and some other baked goods, too. It was a Hostess store. I'm not sure if there is anything like that near me now, though. :ohwell:
    3-17-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium - 7 1/2 A bit less than I would have liked since I went over on my sodium...
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats - YES!
    3. Bed by 9:30, early day again tomorrow - No, was about 10.

3-17-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Run errands on my way home - Yep!
    2. Nap, but up by 5 (5:30 at the latest) - Wasn't home until about 4:30 with the errands, so no nap.

Sticking to fitness goals only today because I'm not entirely sure how my evening is going to go....

3-18-2011 goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats
    3. Go for a second walk this evening, or at least do SOME KIND of exercise
    4. Week 1, Day 3 of sit-up challenge (Does NOT count as my second exercise. :laugh: )
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful day in central Pennsylvania! On that note, I'm working on coming up with a different routine since clearly something isn't working for me right now. Maybe posting goals for the week at the beginning of the week and checking in when I can. Not sure yet. Hope everyone is doing well! I have my formal tomorrow which I'm super psyched for... may bring in a new profile picture.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    midday recap:
    March 18's goals:
    1. workout for 45 minutes from home. NOT YET
    2. eat clean all day, don't fall apart at night. SO FAR SO GOOD
    3. go to bed early. I have a busy Saturday and I'm going to need lots of rest. I HOPE SO.
    4. Drink more water today than I did yesterday. GETTING THERE.
  • christiejf
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to MFP (about a month). My name is Christie, I'm 36, mother of 3 boys, 7, 4 and 1. I'm also a teacher, I never seem to be without children (I think this makes me slightly insane LOL). I have about 80 pounds to lose total. Love the idea of a day by day challenge. I'm also on spring break right now and have been housebound for the last 4 days with sick kiddos. :-( Itchin to get outside.

March 18 goals:
    1. Drink at least 5 glasses of water. 1 down so far.
    2. Do some type of workout today.
    3. Start laundry - procrastination is my middle name :-)
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Friday's goals:
    1. Lots of water. YES
    2. Choose sensibly at dinner and healthy foods through out the day. YES
    3. No boozing after work. CHECK

Morning from a beautiful and sunny London! Still a bit cold outside but very lovely!

Welcome Christie!

On Thursday night I managed to injure myself when I was running on the treadmill. Got checked out yesterday and I have a partial dislocation of a bone in my foot. Just found out that I need to have an x-ray to rule out a stress fracture as well but I refuse to sit in A&E all day so going to go on Monday morning and do it privately instead. No exercise this weekend until I know for sure exactly what is wrong but trying to stay positive.

The plan for today:
    1. Lots of water.
    2. Rest foot as much as possible and use a crutch if necessary.
    3. Going to a cocktail party tonight so no dancing but have fun and enjoy wearing my new dress!
    4. Get off mfp and get ready (have an appointment at 1pm so I'm going to be late if I don't get a move on)!

Hope you all enjoy your day!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for March 18:
    1. WATER!!!!--Did pretty good.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes.
    4. No stressing over work! (And watch the Friday night snacking!)--Sort of (and YES!!!)

More orders on Friday but got it done! Had some good help, which is always nice. Lots of 'strength training'! :laugh:

Taking today off from regular exercise but am going to throw on some old clothes and go work on the yard while it is nice (supposed to start raining this afternoon).

Goals for March 19:
    1. Water!
    2. Work in the yard.
    4. Watch the evening snacking.
    6. Enjoy my weekend off!

Take care of your foot, Nam!
    Welcome, Christie! I was a single mom who did child care before working at the local school. I know what you mean about being slightly insane because of them! :happy:

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • SKismet
    Options
    Ok, rather than even going through yesterday's goals, I'm just going to cover it all by saying it was NOT a good afternoon/evening, fitness-wise. :ohwell: Went out to dinner with my boyfriend, then went to a local high school musical that I've been wanting to see for a couple of years now.

Nicole - Hope you can figure out how to make this work! Miss you when you're away!

Christie - Welcome!

Nam - Sorry to hear you injured your foot. :frown: Enjoy the party, though!

Now.... For my goals....

3-19-2011
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats
    3. Go for a walk, or at least do SOME KIND of exercise
    4. Week 1, Day 3 of sit-up challenge
    5. Get to bed by midnight (Assuming I'll be home from work by then.)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    It's a little late in the afternoon. But I will still post goals:
    March 19 goals:
    1. workout for atleast 45 minutes.
    2. eat more fruits and vegetables.
    3. drink more water.
    4. keep stress level down.
  • SKismet
    Options
    3-19-2011
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium - Came up short.... 4 1/2
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats - Yep
    3. Go for a walk, or at least do SOME KIND of exercise - Not before work, but I walked a little extra AT work.
    4. Week 1, Day 3 of sit-up challenge - No :ohwell:
    5. Get to bed by midnight (Assuming I'll be home from work by then.) - Home from work, but not early enough to be in bed by midnight. It was more 12:30.

3-20-2011
    2. Log as closely as possible. I'm going to my mom's for the afternoon, so some stuff might be estimated.
    3. Week 1, Day 3 of sit-up challenge
    4. Bed by 10
  • nam14uk
    Options
    The plan for today:
    1. Lots of water. ONLY 5 CUPS
    2. Rest foot as much as possible and use a crutch if necessary. YES
    3. Going to a cocktail party tonight so no dancing but have fun and enjoy wearing my new dress! HAD LOTS OF FUN!
    4. Get off mfp and get ready (have an appointment at 1pm so I'm going to be late if I don't get a move on)! MADE IT ON TIME

Overall a good day yesterday. Foot feels very sore after standing most of the night last night. Ended up leaning on the bar but managed to stay away from the naughty calories in the cocktails and the unhealthy snacks on offer!

Kathy you sounds like you're loving your job which is lovely to hear! All that strength training at work must feel great as well!

SK how did you get on at work yesterday? Did you manage to get a walk in?

Lee are you back to full strength now after your injury? Love seeing all your exercise calories popping up on my news feed. You work so hard and I feel so proud!!

Sunday's goals:
    1. More water than yesterday.
    2. Rest all day.
    3. Healthy dinner choice. Going out for my grandfather's 85th birthday.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!