SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

pmjsmom ---- Thats Great! your eating well and cutting back on your sugar The Haltha Yoga that your doing is that on a DVD? or do you go to classes?

Sorry TAT--Almost forgot about this!

The yoga I do is an audio one. I have a hard time doing yoga to a dvd because I keep trying to watch what's going on! The one I do is a freebie from yogadownload.com. (I also have some of their paid ones.)

Another place for free yoga routines is yogayak.com. These are videos so if you want to try it out you could use either of those to see if it is something you like.

I modify a bit--I do have a couple of physical limitations--and never, ever push yourself to an uncomfortable point! (It is a good idea to take a couple of classes, if you can.)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles with Leslie Sansone today with the resistance bands. Wow, my joints were cracking and it sounded like ice breaking on a pond. I'm going to take the dog outside later today and get the feel of pavement again. Need to work on some clutter cleaning. Sunny out for now!

Have a nice day!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I know its been awhile sense I've checked in.... it been a busy week for me and even tonight I'm only here for a quick check in, then got to go pack and heading out on a trip tomorrow.... and wont have internet where I'm going so you probably won't hear from me again all next week. but I promise I'll keep walking and keeping track on my calender....and hopefully can catch up when i get back.
    BTW I walked 3 miles yesterday and 4 miles today ( it was gorgous here finally so I got out and really enjoyed the sun at my lunch hour:bigsmile: .)

keep walking everyone. and have a great week :drinker:
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ok im super late but i would to join. i am setting a goal of 30miles for the rest of march. i did 2miles today w/my sansone dvd. that means i have 28 left.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well I did 2 miles of the watp 3 mile advanced walk. I'm always having to commit all over again. Well here I go again. RE-Commiting! I've got to stay on the wagon for a little while so I can see some results. Sure I always seem to get back on but I need to stay on. Okay here we go again!
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome Ladyknuckles :flowerforyou:

Hello group!!!

PMJSMOM... I'll look into the yoga site, Thank you!... To funny, You remembered the song and knew who sung it too LOL. I still need my hubby to take a new pic this weekend

No walking today, I played tennis with my brother instead. I'm going to be cutting back my 2 hour walk to 1 hour, I've been dropping to many pounds a week, need to slow it up a bit.

Have A Great weekend!!! I Love this group!!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Not a nice day walk wise..i just had NO stamina. Hopefully it'd be good tomorrow :)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Well I walked 2 miles today and rode a recumbent bike at the gym for 3.6 miles (20 minutes). I managed to do my 30 minutes of weight lifting and feel like I had a good workout and accomplished alot. The positive thing that happened this weekend is that my husband wants to start walking with me outside. This is a biggie! He's very sedentary and needs to lose weight. I've always encouraged him in the past to do this journey with me but he always refuses. He initiated walking yesterday and brought it up again today for this afternoon. For now I'm letting him initiate when he wants to go so it's his idea and he's doing it for himself. Fingers crossed this is not just a phase for him. Yesterday we walked the dog at a leisurely pace for a mile. The dog is very old so it is also a biggie that he made it a mile. My hubbie wants to go a little further today so once the dog is tired we'll drop him off at home and keep walking. This makes me so happy and I hope it continues!:smile:

Jenny
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group LadyK! It's never to late to join in with the SWAT group.

Viggie, I've got the same problem. I don't seem to be able to remain consistent these days. I did do some walking around the flea markets today but no "real" walking! lol It was beautiful here in Georgia today. I think it hit 85 degrees. We rode up to the mountains with the roof down. I think my forehead is sunburned. But at least I am enjoying my days off. :happy:
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome!!
    Well today i did a total of 6miles with leslie sansone. I was shopping and walked for about an hour but it was slow pace.(not counting that). I am feeling great and hope to see results when i hit the scale monday for a competition im in. My normal weigh day is friday. So i am hoping to hit my 30miles for the rest of this month and hopefully lose 6lbs by my bday in 12 days.
    Well hope everyone had an awesome day!! take care.
    22miles to go for the month!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Good morning, everyone, and WELCOME, Ladyknuckles!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It is looking like we will have another nice day here. If it stays dry I plan on taking my grandson out for a walk.

I got loads of 'strength training' in this past week. 5 orders--lots of shrubs, and the perennials are starting to come into the garden center, too.

I didn't walk yesterday but I worked out in my yard. It's not big but it needs care after this past winter!
    I am also making part of it into a little play area for Isaac so any little pools, sandboxes, etc. won't be sitting on my grass and killing it! His playyard can go there, though, since it is one of those fence-like playyards and won't block the sun.

Going to be another busy week at work. I like it when it's busy!

Spring starts today! Happy Spring!
    agflowers4.gif
  • TATennis
    Options
    Hello Fellow walkers! :flowerforyou:

What a Beautiful day Today! Gorgeous outside No humidity, 79 degress and Sunny. I'm back taking my walks to the Beach. Because it only takes 1 1/2 hours up and back Instead of my 2 hour walks to the Pompano Mall. I'm trying to cut back a little because I was losing the weight a little to quickly. Im going to try and eat around 1300 calories instead of 1200. I'll see how that goes. Now with the weight training I'm curious to know how the weight will be affected.

So today I walked 4.48 miles 1 1/2 hrs and tonight Im weight training 30 minutes. I logged it already :bigsmile:

Love this Journey, Love you all!

Enjoy The Weekend :drinker:
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Even though it's been a raininy day here.

I walked 3 miles with Leslie Sanson with the walk away belt.

10 miles in for the month 20 more miles to go.

Good luck to the new week!

Welcome Ladyknucles!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everybody, Glad to see you all walking.

I"m slacking again today, my back is killing me. I haven't had a flare-up for almost a year now so I guess it's making up for lost time. I don't know what causes it and usually it's not this bad. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Keep up the good work everyone. I'll be back to walking when I can.
  • TATennis
    Options

I"m slacking again today, my back is killing me. I haven't had a flare-up for almost a year now so I guess it's making up for lost time. I don't know what causes it and usually it's not this bad. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Sandara ... Im using a heating pad for my back pain & my shoulder and knee pain. It seems to help. I also Hear that ice packs are good. I hope you feel better quickly {HUG}
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Sandy--I'm sorry your back is hurting. Take care of it and of yourself!

Back to work today and it's a bit rainy. Supposed to be nicer in a couple of days, though.

Happy Monday, everyone!
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Half way to my goal, going to have to push to make it.
  • TATennis
    Options
    Good Morning! Monday UGH!!!

Walked 2.68 miles in my neighborhood Park, 57 minutes

Have A Great Week ! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options

Sandara ... Im using a heating pad for my back pain & my shoulder and knee pain. It seems to help. I also Hear that ice packs are good. I hope you feel better quickly {HUG}

Hugs to you both. (00) I have just fallen of the trail this last week to tired to even walk. How lame is that? Over slept three days in a row
    Just had enough time to get to work today. Somebody slap me!!!! I have to get a workout in later! A
  • sandara
    Options
    Yippee! I did a one miler just to see how it went. My back (actually it's my tailbone that's the problem) is much better today but I didn't want to over do it. Usually walking helps my problem but for some reason it's been worse this time around. Usually it's just a mild annoyance and it's almost back to that status today.

I haven't done a one miler in ages but it really felt pretty good. At least now I know if I only have time for 1 mile it will still benefit me.

Alice, you've been going strong for a long time now. Maybe you need a short rest to re-energize yourself. I know it always worried me to take a break because I was scared I wouldn't come back. But I always did and you will too.

I hope everyone had a great Monday.