12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 11 Wks To Go!

Options

Replies

• LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love the spreadsheet! And I will really love it when I have a loss....lol
  • mickbart1979
    mickbart1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in this challange as well, I know I'm a little late but just found it. I work out of my house doing daycare, and have 4 kids of my own,

CW-162
    GW-150
  • sandyfx
    sandyfx Posts: 5
    Options
    I would love to join. Can't seem to start losing. Maybe I need motivation to take it to the next level.

Height: 5' 0"
    CW: 140
    GW: 128

(Yes, in an ideal world I'd be 120 but for now 128 is my goal)
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group, If you'll have me.

I'm 5'51/2" (but MFP doesn't count the 1/2)
    CW:188
    GW:175 (is this just for this month or this 12 week challenge or my over all. If it's just this month then this is my goal, if not I'll change it)
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    I love the spread sheet!! I am 5'4, I gained my weight from my pregnancies with my boys and just haven't put the effort in to lose it over the last 5 years! So here I am getti.g on the right track! I would love to be 110-115 lbs so thatis what I am working toward!!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Random Question of the Day: What caused you to gain weight?

I have 6 kids. All my pregnancies were 2-3 years apart. My body got into a pattern of gaining and losing 35-40 pounds every 2-3 years. Now that my "Baby" is 7 years old, I'm on my third cycle of gaining and losing the same 35-40 pounds but with no babies to show for it. Call it Yo-yo, call it "Rollercoaster," call it whatever you want...it ain't pretty!

On a positive note, my kids are a great motivation to get moving, get healthy and stay that way. From 20 yrs- 7yrs., they are my greatest joy. When the older kids were younger we used to hike a lot but when my weight goes up my knees get sore. I'm hoping to do "Park Quest" with my younger 3 this summer (teens will be working summer jobs, fingers crossed). I want to be able to enjoy all the hiking, biking, canoeing and *GASP* swimming...in a swim suit instead of the capris I wore to the beach last year.

PS New Meat, awesome job on the chart and the organization of this thing. You rock!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What caused me to gain weight?

Well, I was skinny right up until age 10...lol. I grew up in a house full of love but also full of all the wrong foods. I was pretty normal sized (140-150) until I had my first child (at 16). I gained 50 pounds easy. At my heaviest I was at 240. That was rough. I broke up with my fiance because I wasn't happy with him or me. I was 19 at the time and in college. It took a good 4 months but I lost 70 pounds. (working out for 2-4 hours per day). I was happy with myself and did alot of journaling...life was turning around and my ex-fiance and i decided we were both in better spots and that we wanted to be together. We grew up alot in that year. We got married at 21 and proceeded to have 3 more kids and I gained and lost weight through it all. Now our family is complete and all i do is take care of them. I realized I wasnt taking care of myself and I wasnt happy with everything that i was now. I know how great a person I am. I have sucha great life but this has been my deep struggle for most of my life. This is my last shot at getting it right and I will do it. I have no doubt. I thank the people who developed this site and the members of it for all the tools and motivation anyone could need. We are all worth being the person we want to be. :)
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    todays question: how did I gain the weight

I don't think I have ever been thin. As a child I remember being bullied for being fat. I grew up the youngest of 7 kids but I had no friends to play with as we lived in the country and my next sibling was 6 years older than me so I was off no interest to her.

I had a happy but very lonely childhood and comfort ate all of the wrong foods, which I still have to stop myself doing to this day.

I did lose a few stone in my mid 20s but it gradually came back. I have lost and gained a bit over the years but I am feeling incredibly motivated at the moment mainly for my kids to lose this horrible weight.

Having said that I am so nervous about tomorrows weigh-in, I have been avoiding the scales but had a really bad day today food and emotion wise and spent a lot of it crying and giving out to my kids so am not feeling so good about myself.

Tomorrow is another and hopefully it will be a better one.

Very interesting reading peoples stories, there is a lot of us emotional eaters out there.

Shimmer
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Going away to college and binge eating lol. I eat from boredom, stress, just to taste food. :embarassed:
    It's hard now trying to change those bad habits
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks you all so much for sharing your stories. I really enjoyed reading them and I appreciate all of your honesty.

Tomorrow marks the start of our second weigh-in. Those of you that just joined the challenge, please make sure to weigh-in by Sunday. I wish you all the greatest success.

I'm super nervous about the weigh-in. Today was my "rest" day. Usually I workout 7 days a week but I was just too tired today. I may do a light workout later but I'm not going to stress about it. 12 weeks ago I joined a weight-loss motivation group called Hot Mama's. We meet once a week (Thursday night) to offer support and learn a tip for the week. We also do weekly weigh-ins and applaud the biggest loser of the week. They are big into the LA Weightloss diet and products however I don't use any of that stuff (too picky and I like the flexiblily of MFP calorie counting much more). Anyway, tomorrow night is our final weigh in. At my first weigh-in I was 159.0. Last week I was 143.4. I've been in the top three every week and now tomorrow is the very end. There is a prize pot for the top two losers (its based on % of body weight). Honestly I don't care if I win any money, but it sure would be good for my ego to know that I was at the top. Especially since I am the only one who is doing the weightloss through MFP. I know it is silly, but I sure would like to come out on top. (Sorry...I admit it....I'm one of those people that always wants to be the best and anything I do.:embarassed: )

As for our weigh-in tomorrow, I am SUPER nervous! I ate two pieces of pizza today and a Cadbury cream egg (yumm), plus I didn't work out. I'm under my calorie goal and I'm good on protein, fiber, and sodium (surprise) but sugar and fat are not in my favor today. Honestly I let my emotional eating get the best of me. I was tired and cranky and all I've wanted to do tonight is sit on the couch and veg out. Hoping to not show a gain tomorrow...so far I've always lost weight or maintained, but I'm feeling pretty full and bloated right now (I ate almost 3 hours ago). Maybe I can muster up enough energy to do the 15 min HIIT workout. :laugh:

(FYI - I've added all the new memebers to the list....again. :tongue: )

********************IMPORTANT: Weigh-ins start tomorrow....don't forget to post your weight!*******************
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Ive never been thin ... I started out at 11lbs at birth and remained big all through life .... Ive been where I am now for the past 17 years and I know that because I can still fit my 9th grade homecoming dress and my senior prom dress ... LOL ....
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY (NIGHT): How tall are you?

I'm always interested to know how tall someone is because weight is distributed so differently based on your height. Just curious to know how tall everyone is. Maybe you'll find a friend that has a similar height with similar goals. ;)

I see that "jentoomey1" and I have very similar goals. :wink:

I'm a whopping 5'2 and my goal weight would be 125 lbs. (Ok, in a dream world 110-115, but I'd be super happy with 125.)

I am 5'10"
  • glfdva
    glfdva Posts: 6
    Options
    Whew! Lots has been posted in the past 2 days!! Well, 2 12 hours in a row, and done for the week! WhooHoo!
    Did really well with my pre-planned meals and snacks! Even MADE time for my snacks. No formal exercise of any sort, but was more mindful of moving/taking more steps and wore my pedometer both days. 7000+steps each day. Ultimate steps goal is 10000/day, so getting closer.

To fill in the missing info.....I am 5'4" and "What caused me to gain weight?" I can't pinpoint it to a specific time or event in my life. I have always been "plump" or "fluffy" or "fat" or "overweigth". It has been my M.O. I have lost weight successfully one time, doing WW for 9 months, I lost 36lbs, in 2005. I have since gained back 20lbs and have been in that spot for 3 years, "maintaining" at the 191-194lbs mark. It really hurts to put those numbers out there...oh, well, time to face the demons!
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    I'm 5'2". What caused me to gain weight? 3 kids, depo shot. When I met my ex I weighed 104lbs. At the end of pregnancy 1, I was 170lbs. My lowest weight in 10 years was 140lbs during my 2nd trimester of my 3rd pregnancy. The doctor wasn't happy about that. I wasn't trying and I wasn't sick at all. Just had a major craving for watermelon 24hrs a day. I even cried over a bad watermelon that my ex returned to the store for a good one. Now I'm done having babies and off depo. Don't need it since I'm not in a relationship. Hopefully things get better.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My weight gain probably has a little to do with genetics (as I was a scrawny bean-pole until puberty and then wow hips galore), but mostly has to do with instability. My life has always been in flux and once I got to an age where it mattered, the bad diet and lack of exercise built up and up and up on every part of me. :P I'm a big "comfort" eater. Was. Was a big comfort eater. I'm letting that demon go. Anyway, I've never had good (health) role models, and I relied way too much on being "smart, not pretty or athletic". The weight flourished in that environment.
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I know you're approaching your 2nd weigh in. I've been struggling for several months now to lose those last few pounds, so maybe this will help.

If I can join, then here's the info:
    CW 139
    Goal 134

Only 5 lbs, but I just can't get it done - maybe this group can get me there!!!!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What caused me to gain weight... in my early 20's I started dieting when I didn't need to...at 5"5" I weighed 126 lbs, but I thought I was fat. And that was reinforced by my then-husband. (notice not my husband now! lol) That started a life of yo you dieting, weight gain, weight loss, spending dear knows how much money over the years on different programs including joining Weight Watchers 21 (yes, twenty-one!) times. But I never made the change in lifestyle that would have kept the weight off. Now I know I am in this not only for my physical appearance and health, but for for spiritual growth as well, as I want to be a good caretaker of the temple God gave me and to glorify Him.
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What caused you to gain weight?

I wish I had an interesting story, but nope, I've always been a little bigger than everyone else. I think since I've been that way forever, by high school I was used to it and ate according to it-a little more a little unhealthy, but not awful. Because I had always been that way, I was never too self-conscious about it, so I never really went through a phase in high school thinking I should slim down. Now, though, time to get in shape!
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow some very interesting stories to read here.. Thank you all for sharing..

Me I am 5"5 what caused me to gain weight,

Well like many others I was never the skinny kid always the little fatty and always told so.. From the time I was in 4th grade I tipped the scale at 108 I can remember having to weighed in PE and so thankful there was one other girl bigger than I was.. After high school I did the herbelife diet, living on powder and baby fruit juice for months. Started exercising regually twice a day.. Then got marriedat 140lb then up to 200lbs with each child, lost all of it within 6 months of the first one, the second, took me 17 years to lose it.. Boys are now 22 and soon to be 19..

I was up to 239 started medifast in Sept of 2007 by May of 2008 I hit my goal of 140 continued to lose through transistion getting down to 129.. But looking back that was to low for me.. My face was really sunken in.. My goal is 138 what I weighed in my photo I look healthy and fit in that photo and I felt good in my skin and my clothes.. My struggle now is quitting smoking and taking chantix which causes fluid retention in a big bad way.. I drink at least 16 cups of water a day and my sodium is under 2500 everyday.. My fingers looked like little sausages today.. But I need to give up the smokes and yet maintain my eating.. So Even if I don't lose all my weight during this challenge if I can stay off the smokes and maintain and not gain.. I am still a winner... I have been smoking almost as long as I have been over weight.. While now I am not really over weight just not happy where I am.

Good luck everyone there are some very inspiring stories here.. I know if you are here you have to will to put your health first. :)

Laurie
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Everyone's stories are a great reminder that we are all in this together. It's great how this website and the community push us to really want, feel and know we can succeed. What a great tool. I am really grateful to have these forums and challenges and everyone here to rant, rave, ask questions and share stories with.