THE MILE-A-DAY CHALLENGE

Options
I challenge anyone who will (or can) to walk at least 1 mile a day, 5 days a week! More than a mile if you like. You can do it by treadmile, eliptic, or just the ol fashioned walk in the park. We should report our activity, what we used, the amount of weight we lost, and the end result once a week. If we do this once a day, 5 days a week, that is equivilant to 5 miles a week and 20 miles per month! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!! ANY TAKERS????? Since  we are starting this challenge tomorrow, I think Mondays would be a good day to report our results.

Replies

• sheryllh79
    Options
    I'm in! How do you join this group? I've been walking about 1 mile (usually a little more) a day 6 or 7 days a week and would love to have the added motivation!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    I think I can do this I can try anyhow.... I do so much better with accountablity! I'm doing the Shred with a friend right to!
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds like fun!!!
  • liboceanview
    liboceanview Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you, I've been having trouble incorporating exercise into my daily routine and could use some (supportive) peer pressure !
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN, WILL REPORT IN TOMORROW:)
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    Where are we suposed to report? I weigh in on Wednesdays and would like to keep it that way I also report any activity as excercize on MFP Excercise Log but I'll be happy to be all yall's friends and we can support eachother holding eachother accountable for however long it takes and what not to walk a mile a day 5 times a week! ;) I think it's a reasonable goal we can achieve together! How long are we going to do this a month? longer?
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I have a question. I can't get outside to walk every day. It is still cold here, and I don't always have someone home to watch the 6 year old(who is too lazy to walk a mile). If I walked in place in the house, how long do you think would equal a mile? Or how many steps? I have a pedometer.
  • sherrismith82
    sherrismith82 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Report right here on Mondays. It starts tomorrow and the first report will be a week from tomorrow 4/3/2011
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I am in, but I have a question. I can't get outside to walk every day. It is still cold here, and I don't always have someone home to watch the 6 year old(who is too lazy to walk a mile). If I walked in place in the house, how long do you think would equal a mile? Or how many steps? I have a pedometer.
    If i remember right about 2000 steps is 1 mile.
  • sherrismith82
    Options

I think it takes me approximately 1500 or so steps to equal a mile. I have a pedometer too and I think thats how many steps equal a mile.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    If i remember right about 2000 steps is 1 mile.
    Sounds like a plan!! Feel free to friend me!
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I was coming to the forums to post something like this! Great idea! :smile:

For me to walk to the end of my street and back is about 1 and 3/4 of a mile - I'll be trying to do this every day! Thankfully the weather is starting to warm up!

Feel free to friend me! :flowerforyou:
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    COUNT ME IN, WILL REPORT IN TOMORROW:)

I'm sorry about what I replied to that message, I thought you were saying there was already a group like mine. Im new here so bear with me. You can report tomorrow, BUT you dont have to walk 5 miles tomorrow. But if you report, so will I. I make plans on walking 2 miles. But we'll see :)
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I think I can do this I can try anyhow.... I do so much better with accountablity! I'm doing the Shred with a friend right to!

If I can do this, so can you. You got this, girl and I gotchya back :D
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I'm totally in!
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I'm totally in!

Awesome!!!!!!!!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm IN Sherri! For now I'm going to do this mostly on the treadmill but will be heading outside to walk once the weather is a little nicer here!
  • sherrismith82
    Options
    I'm IN Sherri! For now I'm going to do this mostly on the treadmill but will be heading outside to walk once the weather is a little nicer here!

How many miles a day, Brit?
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    How many miles a day, Brit?

I'm going to do at least 2 miles a day, at least 6 days a week! And my goal is going to be to run them on the treadmill...when I'm outside it will be with the stroller so will probably walk but increase the mileage when we get to that point! Thanks for the challenge...now I WILL DO IT!