Sexy in Six Challenge: Week 1

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hello All :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'm just starting my weight-loss journey . . . AGAIN . . . lol, but, someone recommended this thread and I'd like to join you guys.

I guess I need to list my stats as of today, 10/17:
    Waist - 51
    Hips - 56
    Upper Arm - 18
    Bust - 44 (not sure if I measured this right)
    Thigh - 29.5
    Total - 270

Soooo ... now what? :embarassed:

How much weight are you looking to lose still? We want to take 15%-20% of that over the next 6 weeks and set you up a goal.

Welcome :flowerforyou:

Thank you. :happy: And, I'm looking to lose quite a bit . . . 130 lbs. total. So, 15 percent of that would be . . . 40?! Eek.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Guys I need some motivation I have been eating so bad for the last couple of days I had some toffee covered peanuts ALOT of them. I have not been eating dinner not exercising i am in a mood and can't snap out of it. I ate a handful of m&m's

I feel your pain. The last couple of days I have been eating way too many sweets. I have stayed within my cals by 100-200 but most of the calories were junk. Eating like that gets me down. I feel like I should have more control. I have enough control to make myself exercise 60-90 minutes a day, but not enough to say no to that cookie. I guess I just have to keep telling myself "you will have to run about 2 miles to burn of that cookie. Is it worth it?"

Is it worth it for you. Remember to ask yourself that.

Good luck.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :happy: And, I'm looking to lose quite a bit . . . 130 lbs. total. So, 15 percent of that would be . . . 40?! Eek.

shoot for a small % like 5 or 10. don't try to go for more than is recommended, for your health.
    i think i can barely do 15%. if i can't i would be happy with 5 or 10%. we are just going for % instead of pounds.
    welcome...:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options

well, my kitchen floors aren't mopping themselfs. off to mop land.

cathy

ooooh, come do mine next, pretty puhlease? :bigsmile:

no thank you. i might have to charge you in chocolate.....:tongue::bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hello All :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'm just starting my weight-loss journey . . . AGAIN . . . lol, but, someone recommended this thread and I'd like to join you guys.

I guess I need to list my stats as of today, 10/17:
    Waist - 51
    Hips - 56
    Upper Arm - 18
    Bust - 44 (not sure if I measured this right)
    Thigh - 29.5
    Total - 270

Soooo ... now what? :embarassed:

How much weight are you looking to lose still? We want to take 15%-20% of that over the next 6 weeks and set you up a goal.

Welcome :flowerforyou:

With lots to lose you can adjust your goal for the challenge to be the healthy 2lbs a week or so. 40lbs would be a lot in just over a month! Welcome to the challenge! We start a new thread every Tuesday where we weigh in. You can also take your measurements now and again in 6 weeks (you can post them or not :blushing: )

Monica, in moments when you are tempted please remind yourself that what you want right now can indeed derail what you want in the long-term. Also remind yourself that if you stay on course you can plan in little treats and you can enjoy them without shame or guilt. What a waste of a treat to spend all the time during and after eating it just feeling bad. Don't wait for something magical to happen to snap you into the right mindset. You'll be waiting a long time. Learning that you are the sum of every choice you make (as my quote says!) is very important in this journey. As is learning to move past mistakes. Self criticism won't un-do the calories and ingredients you put into your body, it will just make it more likely to happen again. There's my tough love statement for you! :flowerforyou:

Cathy, have fun with those floors! :happy: Thanks for reminding people about my mini challenge too!!

Laury, way to go, you!

Deb, how is your busy day?

Hi everyone!

Just got home from spin class. Whew! Time for lunch :bigsmile: I'm FAMISHED. I am behind on my eating schedule due to errands and my body is telling me!
  • monica5237
    Options
    ***snapping fingers wildly***
    snap out of it monica. you can do this. it really is easy if you make it easy on yourself. don't beat yourself up for slipups. we all have them. beating yourself up is what makes it hard to do. now as i would be thinking "well the day is almost over let's just forget about today." NO, you do a U-TURN and plan a good afternoon snack and a good dinner. even if it just 50/75% good. it's a start, now get to planning.

remember everyone pedal made a weekend mini challenge to stay on track for the WHOLE weekend. do you have your plan of attack together yet? if not, better start working on it. she may have a suprise weigh in....LOL :laugh: :noway:

glad to see us doing a good job in getting in better health. lauryn hang in there you are doing great.

shanell what is donny doing cooking dinner????? i know he will make it healthy for you.

well, my kitchen floors aren't mopping themselfs. off to mop land.

cathy

Thank you but i have a small problem I am dating a new guy (2 months) and well he still likes to take me out to dinner and that makes it harder but i do stick to grilled chicken and salads but then we have started going back to his place and he wants to have ice cream and junk food I have slipped a few times but i went to walmart and bought the 100 cal ice cream sandwiches and i have that at his house for those times. but about this weekend he wants to go out to the bar tonight to see his friends play in a bar (they are in a band) and I don't drink too often (i get drunk on 3 drinks:blushing: ) but i will want to drink a couple and I know they are very high in calories

so what do i do? I want to have fun but I want to be good too can i have both?

I will just have 2 drinks and then water and for dinner I will have a light salad with only spray dressing

and lots of water.

will that be okay guys i really need help and I don't know why i am starting to fall like this. I have come so far. I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

sardines(gross, i won't ever eat those again):tongue:

I'm with you there, and I've never eaten them before! lol

Anyways, today I'm a sicko, and not even the fun pervy kind! :laugh: I didn't even eat dinner last night, it just hit all of a sudden, and I was in bed by 6ish, and slept around the clock. Got up, saw the kids off to school, and went back to sleep on the couch. So, no exercise today. Stomach feels like I did a million crunches though, heaves will do that, I guess. Foods today, a slice of toast, and a little chicken. Hubby picked up Papa Murphy's for dinner, got a veggie delite for us, and it actually smells good, so I'm thinking my tum-tum must be better!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    bunny hope you feel better soon....

monica....i sorry i don't drink, but, maybe once a yr. so will try to suggest something. don't they make assorted light drinks now? try them. i don't know what the calorie count for 2 drinks would be. sorry i couldn't help you one this one.

chipper
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Monica,
    Try having just a cranberry juice or an orange juice, looks like a mixed drink, but is healthy... I used to do that when I was preggers.

I always hear people talk about rum and diet coke. You could look up nutritional values on the net for different liquors and pick the best out of what you like. I think there are some sights that list calories per shot or something.
    Robin
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

shoot for a small % like 5 or 10. don't try to go for more than is recommended, for your health.
    i think i can barely do 15%. if i can't i would be happy with 5 or 10%. we are just going for % instead of pounds.
    welcome...:drinker: :flowerforyou:

15% of 130 lbs is 19.5 lbs. That isnt as bad as 40 lbs but still a little steep for 6 weeks I think although you could probably do it. My goal is only 10% because I also have a lot to lose and that is 12 lbs which would be 2 lbs a week.
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi,

I got my walk in today and still have over 250 cals. left for today (7pm here and I'm about done eating for the day, maybe one little snack). Wow, that is unusal for me.

Pedal, My day is going good. :happy: Thanks for asking. I am trying to stay focused on my weight loss along with my new classes. I am just going to have to let my floors be dirty, along with some other things for right now. This is usually where I fall off the wagon, give up exercising to have more time to do the many things a mom, homeowner, wife, friend, daughter, usually do. I am determined to do this. I know I will have to up my exercise soon and worry about the extra time that will take.

Have a great evening Ladies
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi there,
    Well yesterday was a no energy day for me. I was a bit sore from prior day's exercise.

So here is how it went

Food:
    B – Protien Shake
    S – Babybel Cheese & 5 whole wheat crackers
    L – Think thin protein bar
    S – Mini Rice Cakes
    D – Curry Chicken / Veggies & Brown Rice (made so much of it, stuck with it again)
    After run –1/2 a protein shake

Exercise:
    45 minute run – (no energy--I barely pulled it off finally at 10pm, was touch and go. I almost changed into pj's rather than running clothes.....hehehe.)

Wow, so much activity here, almost overwhelming to keep track of everone! :happy: need to print list of people.....
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just a quick drop in to say hi. We are off to the beach for the weekend. It will be super hard for me to do Pedal's mini challenge due to a pot luck dinner on saturday night but I am going to give it my best. Everyone have a good weekend. Chat monday!

Amy:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Have fun Amy!! Really it's just about doing all you can to avoid unhealthy temptations. We're practicing for the holidays, remember? :wink: "see" you when you get back!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning everyone....
    hope y'all do your best to stay on track for the weekend mini challenge....
    just a quik check in for me. busy day planned. going out looking at houses again today w/son. leaving real soon, need to shower and dress yet. hope something hits him today. this has been a long search. he's running out of time. his lease is up 1-1-09. it takes 45 days to close with VA.
    just wanted to tell everyone we can do this. have a great day. will be back later this afternoon.
    bye, cathy
  • chipper15173
    Options
    thought i could get in a quick workout. so, jumped on treadmill, and i have been doing a training program to begin running. so i thought well let's see how long i can run. i only have 30 mins to get something in. i ran all but 10 mins of it. felt so dam good. what a rush. so i am in the den now, writing this and just on a "runners high" and just talking about it and DH and son are on the other computer playing a game not paying any attention to me. what a crush. men......
    well off to shower and leave.
    cathy
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY!!
    2641.jpg

I will still be logging my foods and trying to eat right, but I don't plan workouts for the weekend. (My gym is Monday - Friday at my work, waaaaay off downtown.) I may get in some exercise, like taking the family for a walk or doing some yard work, but nothing is planned.

I do have plans for the day. I have to pick up a bridesmaid dress that has arrived, and then tell them that it's too big and I need a smaller size (I ordered it back in July).

(My 3 y/o daughter is in my lap, begging for smilie faces, so hold on... :heart: :smooched: :mad: :yawn: )

Tonight we are taking my MIL out for her birthday at The Loop Pizza Grill. I'll have to peruse their menu and see what I can have.

(3y/o wants more smilie faces... :brokenheart: :indifferent: :flowerforyou: :happy: :glasses: :glasses: She entered those using my laptop finger controlled mouse pad deal. I'm impressed!!)

Anyhow, we shall be baking Halloween cookies today as well, so that will be a whole new temptation to avoid. And if this 3 year old doesn't quit pressing buttons on my keyboard, I'mma gonna....:laugh:

I'm out of here, have a wonderful Saturday!!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options

Bunny, I would still like to find out the name brand of your protein shake (the cake batter flavor). You gave me some great info. from the last challenge, but didn't include the brand or where you buy it from.
    The amlond milk sounds good, I've never heard of it. Is it easy to find in the store?

Me too!!! Cake batter protein shakes would perhaps keep me from craving Cake Batter Ice Cream from Coldstone (my ultimate weakness).

Well, yesterday was a horrible day, foodwise and just in general. But I'm vowing to make today a better day, despite the fact that I have to write a paper that's due Sunday night and I haven't started it yet! :noway: EEK!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday, I will check in later once I figure out what I will be eating today. So far oatmeal with light vanilla soy milk and half a glass of light cran grape juice.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Good luck with this weekend's mini challenge :wink:

Today for me:

1: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts, chocolate protein shake made w/ skim milk
    2: 2 cups turkey soup
    3: med. banana & 2 brazil nuts
    4: not sure yet!! We may make muffins so possibly a muffin & another protein shake or some egg whites on toast or something?
    5: our healthy homemade pizza that we were supposed to have last night.

Last night we baked some ginger drop cookies (another healthy recipe!) but after that we took too long to get our pizza dough going so we had yet more of the turkey soup with sprouted bagels.

I don't know about specific exercise today... DH is going to do landscaping at his parents' house and they won't be home but we may or may not go up with him. It will depend on the weather. If it looks like the rain will stay away we'll go because they live on 1.5 acres and have an apple tree that needs to be picked, a playground... Otherwise it will be a power walk at the dog park or possibly a video.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Cathy, good luck with the home search again... I hope he finds something today!!!
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Bunny, I would still like to find out the name brand of your protein shake (the cake batter flavor). You gave me some great info. from the last challenge, but didn't include the brand or where you buy it from.
    The amlond milk sounds good, I've never heard of it. Is it easy to find in the store?

Me too!!! Cake batter protein shakes would perhaps keep me from craving Cake Batter Ice Cream from Coldstone (my ultimate weakness).

Well, yesterday was a horrible day, foodwise and just in general. But I'm vowing to make today a better day, despite the fact that I have to write a paper that's due Sunday night and I haven't started it yet! :noway: EEK!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday, I will check in later once I figure out what I will be eating today. So far oatmeal with light vanilla soy milk and half a glass of light cran grape juice.

I've sent both of you the information in a private message, I don't know what the site's policies are concerning talking about brands and other websites. If anyone else wants to know the info, just let me know.
    -Robin