100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Fewer than half of our group has checked in with their initial test. That makes me sad. :( Take the test and post your results! Let's do this thing! :)

:(
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    are we suppose to do regular or modified pushups? I can do a lot more modified pushups than regular.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    are we suppose to do regular or modified pushups? I can do a lot more modified pushups than regular.

If you can do regular, do regular. If you can't, do modified. The point of this challenge is to push our boundaries and get stronger, so push yourself! :)
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did test yesterday but forgot to post, sorry! Did 7, when I look at the program I'll admit, I'm scared. I want to do the first column instead of the second one. How in the world can I start doing that many sets!?!?!?!

Forgot to add, did regular ones.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Ok, here's a list of everyone in the thread. If you've done your initial test, I included your number. If you're not on the list, let me know and I'll fix it for next time. I'll try to make a better table as we go along, I just wanted to post this so it would be easy for everyone to remember where they need to begin this week.

4loveofkids - 7
    ajbeans - 5
    cessnaholly
    dlaplume2
    Genesista - 15
    itsbigjoesgal
    Jessica_Lo - 1
    katapple 10
    LareishaH
    lionempress - 4
    mmtiernan - 14
    mnishi
    rockabyesarojane
    sisterlilbunny - 6
    skinnyme125
    skitchlu
    TabithaN
    Tobi1013 - 13
    vraesgame - 3
    xnattiex
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx - 6

Week 1 guidelines are here: http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Remember, if you CAN do regular pushups, do them, even though you'll probably be doing fewer. If you can't, that's perfectly ok! Just keep doing modified. There's no right or wrong here, as long as you remember to take your rest days and push yourself as hard as you can while still maintaining good form in your pushups.

Post your totals here tomorrow! You don't have to post how many you did in each set individually. Just post how many you did total, adding up all 5 sets.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I did test yesterday but forgot to post, sorry! Did 7, when I look at the program I'll admit, I'm scared. I want to do the first column instead of the second one. How in the world can I start doing that many sets!?!?!?!

No, do the second column! Come on, you can do it! It's a 60-second break in between reps. It won't be as hard as it looks. This isn't supposed to be easy! It's supposed to make us rough and tough and buff and stuff! :tongue:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I know how you feel - my initial test put me in the 3rd column (gulp!) !!! - I had to look at it twice to make sure I was reading it right! I'm still going to give the 3td column a good go for at least the first week, then decide if I need to switch back down to column 2. AJBeans is right - make sure you rest for a full minute in between each set of push ups - you definitely won't be able to do them all back-to-back and that would just defeat the purpose anyway!

Just do your best - I'll be cheering for you!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sorry I havent been able to get online to post my test results, i did my test...modified... and i was still awful!! 1-2 LOL... I will be doing my first day this evening :)
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Sorry I havent been able to get online to post my test results, i did my test...modified... and i was still awful!! 1-2 LOL... I will be doing my first day this evening :)

Not awful! AWESOME! Because it's not about how many you can do now, it's about pushing yourself to do more. This is just a starting point. :)
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I did my test on Saturday and managed to squeek out 7 good push ups. Can't wait to get to 100 now...
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I did my test on Saturday and managed to squeek out 7 good push ups. Can't wait to get to 100 now...

Yeah!
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    Week 1: Day 1 Completed! 10 -12 - 7 - 7 - 10 Barely eeked out those last 10 though! Wonder if it is because I did them first thing in the morning, before breakfast and without much for warm-up. Think I'll spend an extra 5 minutes Wednesday and warm up properly before doing the push ups.

Are we only doing this for the 6 weeks, or until we actually reach 100? I noticed on my "plan", which is column 3, that in the final week 6 the max is 60 - much less than 100! Anyone doing column two of the plan is supposed to reach at least 55 by week 6 and only 50 for column 1! Guess we'll just need to see where we all land after 6 weeks???

Michelle
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    W1D1: 30 Total, I can't believe it!! Did anywhere from 1-2 minute break in between sets. Last set I did 10, yahoo!! It helped to have my 4 year old count for me, he was very motivational, LOL, go Mama!! :bigsmile:

Thanks ladies for pushing me to stick with column 2, I honestly didn't think I could do it. Guess next time I should try before I give up, eh?? :blushing:
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys...couldn't log in from home this weekend so I couldn't get to the blog.

Anywho...initial test 5 normal ones.

I might be a little confused but are we starting on Sunday with Day 1? I assumed it was Monday. What days did we say we would do this.

Sorry...weekend threw me off a bit. I'm in though and here.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Sorry guys...couldn't log in from home this weekend so I couldn't get to the blog.

Anywho...initial test 5 normal ones.

I might be a little confused but are we starting on Sunday with Day 1? I assumed it was Monday. What days did we say we would do this.

Sorry...weekend threw me off a bit. I'm in though and here.

WTG! You're correct, we're starting today. We'll work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I do want to point out to everyone though that if you happen to miss a day, or if MWF doesn't work for you, you can do whatever 3 days work for you, as long as you have at least 1 rest day between workouts. Don't ever do 2 days in a row. Muscle is built during rest days, not while you're working out.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Just did W1D1. Total: 16. I did 7 on the last set, but oof, that last one almost killed me. hahaha
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Gotcha!! Ok I'll have to do mine after work.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    W1D1: 30 Total, I can't believe it!! Did anywhere from 1-2 minute break in between sets. Last set I did 10, yahoo!! It helped to have my 4 year old count for me, he was very motivational, LOL, go Mama!! :bigsmile:

Thanks ladies for pushing me to stick with column 2, I honestly didn't think I could do it. Guess next time I should try before I give up, eh?? :blushing:

Awesome job!!! Sounds like you had a great cheer capitain, too! 30 Total pushups is awesome!!

I hadn't thought about it that way - I was more focused on making the amount for each set - so I did 56 total! Okay, now that is a feeling of accomplishment!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Michelle and Amy, you guys did great! I wasn't meaning to ignore you, promise. :) Both putting me to shame, that's for sure! :) Nice job.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    W1D1: 35 (all on toes!), 15 on last set....have no idea how I did that considering my initial test was 10, but I'll take it!!! :)