Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Great victory Jeny!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Jeny - so sorry to hear about Lillian. As an absolute dog lover, I feel for you.
    On a happier note - way to go on Week 4 ! I can only imagine how much better you felt, rather than staying on the couch... :bigsmile:

I was supposed to run another "week2" yesterday but life got in the way. Got out late from work, had to hit the grocery store b/c I forgot one thing needed for dinner, made dinner and by then was absolutely wiped out. Went to bed realllly early. Hoping to get out running as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Steph - doesn't Canada know it's SPRING ?? :laugh: We're 10-15 degrees below normal here, too. Come on spring - we've got running to do!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Thanks Bif! I will post a Pic of her from home... She was beautiful!

I probably won't get any exercise and I have a function after work, so I will be whiped out too.. (I can't spell) I hope that you get to run today. I was so glad that I did it yesterday....
    It was 8 and my husband was watching something stupid on TV and crunching Ice, so I thought I would just walk a little... Then... Whudya know!
    YAY!
    Have a good evening!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Thanks Steph!! I saw this after I replied to Bif..
    Have a good one!
  • lisa_ace
    lisa_ace Posts: 4
    Options
    Just finished my first week!! Start on W2D1 on Thursday! It's been great! Day 2 was the worst. My chest hurt and I really had to push myself. Day 3 was a little difficult too but my chest didn't hurt anymore and i was so happy about it! I HATE running and would never have guessed that I would enjoy this program but I'm honestly excited about starting Week 2!
  • Gut2Glam
    Gut2Glam Posts: 15
    Options
    Today was my second day of Week 5 and the best one yet. I think my stamina is building a lot.
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Lisa and glam, Congats!
    LIsa, this is a great program and Glam, I am glad that it seems to be good in week 5. I will be there next week.
  • BifDiehl
    Options

It was 8 and my husband was watching something stupid on TV and crunching Ice, so I thought I would just walk a little... Then... Whudya know!
    YAY!

Hahaha ... Love it - the annoying husband work-out push. Sounds like something that might happen at my house :laugh:

I did get out to run yesterday. Week 2 day 2. Enjoyed myself thoroughly (what's up with that??) and went 2 extra intervals. Looking forward to tomorrow and then on to week 3!

How's it going, everybody??
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Unfortunately, I still haven't run again since last Tuesday. My ankle is totally better, but I'm scared to hurt it again. It's also still unreasonable chilly outside. I don't wanna sound like I'm making excuses, but I know I am. I need to get back with it!!! :mad: I was thinking to fall back to W2 and continue with that (indefinitely), cause I'm not even sure I'll finish this anymore.

I am NOT a good runner. Like I said to Bif once: running is like math to me. I love it, but I can't do it well. I don't wanna keep pushing on week to week if it's just gonna keep hurting. :cry: I've never run outdoors before now, let alone for more than 1.5 mins at a time (on the treadmill). So, either I go back to W2, or I stick to W3, and keep going with it until (if ever) I feel like I can move to W4... :embarassed: PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HOPE!!

(I've clearly had too much down time to think about all this...)
    Steph - doesn't Canada know it's SPRING ?? :laugh: We're 10-15 degrees below normal here, too. Come on spring - we've got running to do!
    It clearly does NOT!! :grumble:

lisa_ace... You're making GREAT improvements! I love seeing how my body adjusts to the running, and pushing myself harder.
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey Steph!
    Don't fret! You are always doing some kind of exercise. Take it slow and do what you can do.... We are here for you.... You are amazing!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • christmasbow
    Options
    Larry thanks for the advice and peptalk. Tonight I just did W3D3 and it felt pretty good. I did get my orthotics on Tuesday and have been breaking them in, so don't know if that made a difference, but whatever it is - I'll take it. Looking forward to starting Week 4 over the week-end!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey Steph!
    Don't fret! You are always doing some kind of exercise. Take it slow and do what you can do.... We are here for you.... You are amazing!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Thanks! I AM always doing something, but I wanna feel like I'm making progress on something.
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    I am on W4D1 today and dreading it..... really considering doing W3 again, just for reinforcement, but then I think to myself, grow some balls and get on with it... I can always keep on with W4 ..... keep looking forward..... perhaps if I repeat it enough, I will start believing it!!!
  • BifDiehl
    Options
    Carolah - You can do it! You gotta give it a try!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Week $ is not bad. You can do it Carol! It goes by so fast!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am on W4D1 today and dreading it..... really considering doing W3 again, just for reinforcement, but then I think to myself, grow some balls and get on with it... I can always keep on with W4 ..... keep looking forward..... perhaps if I repeat it enough, I will start believing it!!!

Just try it. If it's too much, you can always go back and do it again the next scheduled day!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I ran W3 D2 today. I didn't manage to finish the 3 min runs either time - most likely cause I've taken a nearly 2 week break. My ankles hurt now, but not that bad... I'm gonna ice them...
    perhaps if I repeat it enough, I will start believing it!!!
    carolah... Definitely! Keep on going!!
  • christmasbow
    Options
    Just couldn't wait to tell you that I finished week 4 day 1! I kind of didn't want to, but my daughter went with me and did it beside me! My shins kind of hurt at the end tho. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Just couldn't wait to tell you that I finished week 4 day 1! I kind of didn't want to, but my daughter went with me and did it beside me! My shins kind of hurt at the end tho. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    That's great to hear! Almost gives me a little consolation when thinking about W4... :bigsmile:
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Just finished Day one of week 5. Not bad at all. I ran 7 minutes the last stint and took a longer walk. I know the next day (Wed) will be 8 minutes. I can do this!!!!
    I really like running now. it really helps the stress level...
    How are you doing Steph??