Fit For Future Families - March 2011

Options

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Erica...I sent the request to be let in the group. :)

How are you feeling today?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Awesome, Jessica! You're approved! I feel hungover, but I'd be freaking out if I felt normal, so this is just fine.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, so I’ve been routinely checking out the board so that I wouldn’t have months worth of reading next week when I come back, and what do I see: OMG OMG OMG CONGRATS ERICA!!!!!!!!! I’m so absolutely thrilled for you! My coworker tought I lost my mind cause I literally yelped out loud when I read your post.

Pam, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one feeling unnaturally tired lately, I swear I slept nearly 20 hours on Saturday, and haven’t stopped oversleeping since. It’s gotta be this wonky weather of ours, you’d swear it was fall and not spring!

Heather, we all miss you too, hope to see you soon on the preggers thread, along with Erica of course.

Kim, how has Lily been? Is her father respecting the judge’s orders? Glad to see you’re still into the DIY’s, I’m sure you’re burning tons of cals.

Jalara, I’m actually planning a trip to the Maritimes this summer. DH and I are big campers and I’d love to spend two weeks moving from site to site getting to see more than just one area (we wont be able to hit every area but I’d like to try). Would you have any suggestions for places to go? I’m looking not just for camp sites but things to see, places to eat, etc… I know DH wants to get some major kayaking done this summer, so good places to kayak would be ideal too.

So I’ll be back on here more regularly soon, I’m about to finish cycle 19 and will be doing my 2nd round of IUI next month. In the meantime, baby dust to all that need it and sticky vibes to our girl Erica!
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks, Ashley. I hope you either get a BFP on this cycle between IUIs or next month is your turn!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending you baby dust!

You all are so sweet. Every time I read your reactions it makes my chuckle and tear up a bit. You have no idea how much I appreciate all of the good wishes. I'm so hopeful for all of you!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been on a work trip the last couple of days, so I missed the big reveal....congrats, Erica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh my goodness, so happy for you!!!!!! I don't know how you kept in from Saturday!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    That's a good point Andrea.....I'll be yelling a play by play to my hubbie from the bathroom waiting for lines to appear.......LOL
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo I'm back and I've missed so much! The reunion was GREAT- I even got to finally meet my husband birthmother after 9 years!

Erica- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you! :flowerforyou: I was reading fast to catch up on everything I missed and then BAMM saw your SUPER DUPPER exciting news and stopped my speed reading- reread a couple of time and was like WHOOO WHOO!

Thank you everyone for telling me about the baby names you and your hubbies are talking about and giving me permission to talk more with my husband about names of our own. We are FAR away from picking a girl's name so lets hope our first adoption match is a boy because if not out child might not have a name :laugh:

Jalara I'm excited to hear you are looking into adoption. My husband and I are on an adoption journey of our own. At this point our adoption plan is a newborn family adoption which is very common in Polynesian families. We really want a newborn because I want to be able to breast feed my baby :smile: Hopefully nutritional breast feeding but if not at least bonding breast feeding. :blushing: A book my husband and I really like is You Can Adopt. A lot of the info is toward adoptive mothers in the US, but it very reader friendly and has lots of good questions to talk through with your hubby.

The last two weeks have been pretty bad as far as losing weight. I've been lacking motivation to go to the gym and of course ate tons of Samoan super dupper yummy food at the reunion. It is hard to say no to Samoan food 1. because it is so yummy and 2. because it is culturally rude to not finish your plate :happy:

Oh and AF arrived. It is always disappointing but I can't say it was a surprise. But she is kinda a b**** for coming in the middle of the night!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hehe-Erica I am still excited for you! :happy:

Luki-Glad to hear the reunion went well!

Andrea-I was thinking the same thing! I wouldn't be able to keep it from all of you! I would/will probably grab my phone right away and post it, well once the initial shock wears off a bit.

Ashley- Wishing you the best! Fingers Crossed! Lily is great! Thank you for asking! (Means a lot :smile: ) She is actually a bit better than before he took her. Before she was so attached to my sister that if anyone even looked at her she would cry and run to her. Now, she seems to not mind at all! She will play with us (family) and other kids in my mom's daycare and it doesn't even faze her when my sister leaves the room (or even the house). So I guess this whole thing was a blessing in disguise. She actually (completely out of the blue!) came over to me and gave me a huge hug and a kiss the other day when we were playing with a ball. It was the cutest thing! Her dad is doing ok...He is following the rules, got a vehicle, got a job....So I think this whole thing is helping him too. I still want to hit him with a car, but I know that wouldn't be best for Lily, so I guess I'll held back! :ohwell:

AFM- I'm doing much better after my HORRIBLE start to this week (+lbs, sick, tired, crabby, PLUS I got pulled over for speeding on Tuesday. Thank goodness he let me go with a warning. This was my first time getting pulled over.)! I have taken some peeks at the scale and it seems to be going down... I know, you can say it...I told ya so. This cold, that DH so lovingly passed on, is on its way down to my chest, lovely! I REALLY want to go to Zumba tonight, but not sure if that is the best idea with a cold. Maybe I will, but just take it easy. Or I guess I could do a wii workout...Hmm decisions decisions....
    AF still hasn't come. I am trying my hardest to not get my hopes up. The monitor stayed at "low" all month, my temps haven't really moved all that much, and I don't really have any symptoms except for being a little bloated (but that could be from my food choices too). Today is CD30 and my longest is 36 so I'm trying to convince myself I need to wait. LOL and I was thinking...I really don't want to know if I'm preggo right away, because the time will probably seem to go by much slower! LOL silly thinking.

Hope everyone is having a good hump-day!
  • epa422
    Options
    If I hadn't been at a family gathering all evening and worried about my co-worker, I totally would have posted sooner.

Thanks, Luki! Your reunion sounds wonderful!

Kim, knowing really doesn't do anything. Then you just have to wait for your doctor's appointment. TTC and pregnancy are all about hurry up and wait.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • MrsHinds7
    MrsHinds7 Posts: 64
    Options
    Erica, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I haven't been part of the group for long but I'm still soooo excited for you!!!! :)
  • epa422
    Options
    Awww, thank you, MrsHinds.

Ok, you all can stop with the congrats now. I feel like I'm hogging the thread...

How is everyone doing this week on their goals and exercise?
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I'd like to join you ladies if you have room for one more. :)
    My husband and I have 1 daughter (3 y/o) named Georgia, and we are longing to grow our family. Sadly, we had the chance to do just that over Christmas break (he was on leave during a very long deployment), and it turned out the pregnancy was tubal. No doubt that was the most difficult thing I have ever been through emotionally and physically. But we have decided to start trying again as soon as I am ready, and I want to be in better shape before that happens.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Welcome Hopey!!!

Erica - LOL Isn't that what always happens with a BFP.

Eating was really controlled today - a little too controlled - I'm under by quite a bit, but not going to force myself to eat more than I have....I've been so out of control that I don't think I'll have any negative repercussions from being udner for one day.

DH and I went to dinner with my friend and her 3 month old....I can't wait to be that uncomfortable....LOLThey're in the process of sleep training the little guy and they're in a condo where is room is right next to the kitchen. So while we were talking all he wantd to be part of the action and whined most of the time. Finally they picked him back up and put in him the jolly jumper.....by the time we were leaving, he was completely dead to the world.....They were so uncomfortable though...."Normally he isn't this fussy"....."Maybe we shoudl move to the living room so he can't hear us so well".....all the while DH and I were thinking....."Can't wait to hear the fussy baby". Although I'm sure that will get old quickly.....

Exercise was a bust today....for obvious reasons, but getting back into it tomorrow.

Oh and DH and I decided that our tax refund will go towards new wardrobes for both of us....me more than him because I need stuff - it's not cool to be able to fit two of me in my pants (but they don't fall down and I'm cheap.....so I wear them...LOL) He needs new pants for a similar reason, but is happy with his 50 dress shirts, so all good!!

Night ladies...talk to you all in the morning!!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pam- whoo hoo new clothes! I wish we were getting a tax return! But no, go we owed for the third year in a row :frown: My husband's taxes always mess up my potential for money back!

Welcome Hopey!!!

I finally actually made it to the gym today! I put on my workout clothes Monday and Tuesday and then ended up sitting on the couch and not going to the gym :bigsmile: But the workout went really well today. There was a new zumba instructor at the gym which was a fun change of pace.

I'm so excited for Survivor tonight! One of my shows I watch every week...along with Amazing Race.
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. It has been a crazy 2 weeks. I am going to try to update and catch up tomorrow but I don't know if that is possible. You girls have been busy.

Just a brief update...IUI didn't work this time but not surprising because I found out we are moving in less than 2 weeks. Talk about stress. We are going to try a natural cycle this time since I will not be able to see my RE and I have to find a new one. I just want' to say UGH!

Can't wait to see what you girls have been up to!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Luki - yeah - we've been on such a savings kick that I was kind of surprised when he brought it up. I didn't even try anything on....I only had 30 minutes in the store last night. So I picked up 3 new shirts, shoes and a dress so far. Going to do some more on the weekend....kind of excited.

Katie - :( Sorry about IUI not working, but stress is a major factor. Hopefully once things settle in your new place, you will have better luck

Last night was pretty scary. We were lying in bed, just turned off the tv and I started smelling something horrible (at first I thought it was the bedding - sometimes the dogs roll in something and then lie on the bed and it's gross) so I said to DH, "tomorrow is clean sheet day". A few minutes later he said "Do you smell something bad?" Turns out my silicone spatula had fallen out of the tray it was in in the dishwasher and was sitting on the heating element in the bottom, burning away. Dishwasher 1, Spatula 0......
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Can I join your group? I was on the depo provera for about 6-7 years and came off it just over a year ago in the hopes of starting a family but no sign of any kind of cycle starting up yet. Had some blood tests, all normal so don't know what to do next but try and lose weight in the hopes that will help.

Do I qualify? *g*
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Pam- boo on the spatula....been there done that (only mine was a tupperware lid)....it smells gross!!! Hope you can clean it off the heating element ok so it doesn't smell every time.

Pixie- welcome!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Pixie - everyone qualifies....if they're TTC. Welcome

Hopey - I sure hope so. I couldn't drink my coffee this morning - smelled like burnt silicone.....everything that was in the dishwasher at the time smells like....burnt silicone......On the plus side, that means no morning coffee, which is better for me anyways....LOL water was my morning bevvy and I was not too unhappy about it :)
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! Just a quick note hoping it helps someone on here but I got a recommendation about a facebook page where people exchange meds. Not sure if it would help any of you but I've added them as a friend and am hoping I get some relief from the costly meds I will need.

Look for give away acost on FB.

Jessica